Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

UK Votes To Leave The European Union - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK Votes To Leave The European Union (33607 Views)

Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US / The Sun’s Headline After UK Exited The European Union (EU) Is Just Epic (LOOK) / David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by foladara777(m): 11:51am On Jun 24, 2016
cstr9:
There are conditions for seccession in the US constitution for certain states. California attempted it, but couldn't get the number of votes required for it to get to congress.
The US has conditions for states entering or leaving the union.
In Texas vs White, d US Supreme Court ruled that unilateral secession was unconstitutional inspite of d fact that a good number of Americans supported secession
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by manbuchai: 11:54am On Jun 24, 2016
shaqhead:

I think the premise with which you go about trying to achieve an objective matters a whole lot! Keep that at the back of your mind!

But non of them setup a radio station to broadcast HATE message....against those that are FoR and AGAINST YOU...NON! You might want to argue but that is the biggest pitfalls of your agitation! World powers also hear whats bn said and that is why they are reluctant to make a concrete pronouncement on this issue

Persistence wears out Resistance at the end of it all but in this 21st century it is Intelligent Persistence and not just Persistence!

Ask urself what is the gay population in the US and how were they able to achieve legislative endorsement? Simple! They made friends not enemies in every sphere of influence...from education, movies, judiciary, sports e.tc

Are there Hausa/Fulani/YorubA that support ur agitation and left to them wd gladly let u go? YES there are! Should u b working to keep their support? YES u shd but u rather choose to lump everyone as part of a "zoo"!

On the converse, wd u agree that there are IGBOs even among ur elites who dont buy into the BiAFRA movt, not just becos they fear the resurection of another civil unrest but because of how the whole BIAFRA movt has been presented as an "Us Against Them" thing instead of "What We Want" thing" and "Why We Believe We Should Go" thing! Should u folks be workin to galvanise support back home? Yes, U shd!

Instead of u folks painstakingly tryin to sell the BIAFRA product to even "unbelievers" in ur midst, all we see and hear are insults been peddled at them!

How does that help ur cause?

If anyone tells you that doin it the hard way will produce results, I wish you goodluck but that hard way only brings the TAMIL TIGERS of SRILANKA to my mind!

Ojukwu and gowon went to Ghana and settled on regional government but Nigerian government side stepped later.It is not by force to remain together simple.Biafrans has gone to war concerning that too,how else do you want them zo prove that they want to stay on their own
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by Bsc(m): 11:57am On Jun 24, 2016
cstr9:
The UK will not on any condition shoot citizens for protesting, so shut up your hypocritical one-sided mouth.
Which is a greater evil between state- sponsored mass slaughters and Nnamdi kanu's radio.?
U attacked me without reading properly sir... I was only responding to questions raised by heykims in the front page of this topic.. So I quoted his questions and answered them 1 by 1.
I cant tell if you're with me or against me..read thru comments again by going to page 0 (front page) of this topic.
But if u intended insults @Bsc .. U are clown and am not entertained by your stupidity ..go run your sycophantic
Mouth to someone else..
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by Bethelwealthy(m): 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
wonlasewonimi:

Please compare like for like.... UK voted to leave EU is like Nigeria voting to leave Ecowas union

So why are the Brits calling it "independence"? Pls be aware that Ecowas is purely ceremonial and parochial, EU is an more cohesive, they are more than just regional cohesion.
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by fireforfire: 12:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
princey83:

True. lived in the UK in those years that EU migrants flooded the tiny island from poorer EU countries. They basically took all jobs that no one else would do. i saw africans and asians losing their survival jobs to EU nationals despite the fact that most of them couldn't speak a word in english, but they had an advantage cos they needed no work visa.

i watched as universities stopped funding non-EU nationals for msc and phd courses as they had enough applications from EU nationals. Jobs were exported to poorer EU nations cos of cheap labour, hence manufacturing industries closed down.

Highly skilled workers moved in from greece, spain, portugal, italy e.t.c to take top jobs in the financial industries, and unemployed highly skilled britons felt betrayed. Yet, the UK was one of the biggest contributors to the EU project. Germany is next. These two are the sole reason why the EU exist cos of their strong economies.

The prospect of turkey joining the EU by 2020 was the final nail on the coffin. An islamic country of over 75 million people where wages are as low as $2/hr. Alot of people were scared that the UK would become flooded by turkish migrants. lol.

Exactly.
Turkey joining d eu was d final nail on d head.
Dia plan to Islamize uk has failed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by ERCROSS(m): 12:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
fiizznation:
You enslaved the world from 15-19 century, and yet you don't want to be ordered around by Brussels. What a funny people. Anyway for the smart business men, this is right time to buy your pounds

broh.. pls can u shed more light on that, why does a smart business man need to buy pound at this time..?
Analyst says the pound is likely to further plummet, but u would advice one buys pound instead.. I'd like to hear some explanations sir..

1 Like

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by Noneroone(m): 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
foladara777:

Your ignorance is not helped by your blatant arrogance... This is elementary government or political science... Before d MacPherson constitution of 1951 there was a London constitutional conference in 1950, there was another one in Nigeria before d introduction of the Lyttleton constitution... Also, before the 1979 constitution, there was a Constitutional Drafting committee headed by constitutional lawyer F.R.A Williams whose recommendations were vetted by a constitutional conference, same thing in 1989... All members of d committees were indigenes. Plss go to secondary school bfor u start commenting on issues like this
you are still fronting your ingnorance. democracy is founded on popular sovereignty. it not a contract between the elites and the state but that of the people and the state. all these constitutonal conferences you are ignorantly quoting, were they supposed to come before or after amalgamation. doesn't your over-bloated sense of academic superiority tell you that any move to build a long lasting union must reflect the popular will of the indigenous people as expressed through referendum. why will mr luggard forcefully amalgamate distinct groups and then stage manage a conference in the name of a constitution. why didn't Uk hand pick Scottish elites to decide their future or decide their own future in EU through mps. if i must educate you, Sudan also has summits before independence but the representatives were handpicked by colonialists to favor north rendering the result illegitimate. popular will prevailed in 2011 when the south separated through referendum. conferences may decide basis for dialogue and referendum but shouldn't serve as referendum per se . Rational thinking is an integral part of sound education and not only reciting quoted portion of outdated texts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
heskeyw:
My question is if they eventually leave EU, will EPL( premier league) still be participating in the UCL??(Champions league) cuz champions league is mainly for european countries!!!!!
EU is just an economic block. It doesn't effect other things like sports as you mentioned
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by cocktopuss: 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
lindabon:

Lol. No. Actually, they are disgruntled with migrants coming to UK from other European countries. For once, we are not the ones they are embittered about. We sat this one out on a comfy sofa, with popcorn and a can of coke, while we watched them tear each other apart, literally. How about that for a change. Hehe
[size=8pt]

Lol ridiculous. if they could comfortably get rid of their Eu counterparts. Mass deporation of blacks is inevitable. Racism will definately be on an increase.
But uk will suffer also simply because of the free trade they enjoy.

about 63% of exports is from their EU membership agreement. They are capable of surviving as a nation but the journey would be dicey.

1 Like

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by Saintp(m): 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
foladara777:

Your ignorance is not helped by your blatant arrogance... This is elementary government or political science... Before d MacPherson constitution of 1951 there was a London constitutional conference in 1950, there was another one in Nigeria before d introduction of the Lyttleton constitution... Also, before the 1979 constitution, there was a Constitutional Drafting committee headed by constitutional lawyer F.R.A Williams whose recommendations were vetted by a constitutional conference, same thing in 1989... All members of d committees were indigenes. Plss go to secondary school bfor u start commenting on issues like this

My question to you is that are you enjoying Nigeria the way it is today? I love a united Nigeria but not at the expense of unity, love and fair play. Every year, we keep getting distracted with agitations here and there without an end in sight. If the British who created Nigeria in the 1st place was ready for disintegration in thier domain what excuse do we have to spill blood because of one Nigeria.
what we have lacked since independence is quality leadership like what is obtained among the whites otherwise we shouldn't still be talking about Biafra decades after the civil war. Nobody is talking about Scottish independence again, that issue has been resolved at least for a long time to come
Can a black nation resolve thier internal issues peaceful? i don't think so.

1 Like

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by foladara777(m): 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
Noneroone:
you are still fronting your ingnorance. democracy is founded on popular sovereignty. it not a contract between the elites and the state but that of the people and the state. all these constitutonal conferences you are ignorantly quoting, were they supposed to come before or after amalgamation. doesn't your over-bloated sense of academic superiority tell you that any move to build a long lasting union must reflect the popular will of the indigenous people as expressed through referendum. why will mr luggard forcefully amalgamate distinct groups and then stage manage a conference in the name of a constitution. why didn't Uk hand pick Scottish elites to decide their future or decide their own future in EU through mps. if i must educate you, Sudan also has summits before independence but the representatives were handpicked by colonialists to favor north rendering the result illegitimate. popular will prevailed in 2011 when the south separated through referendum. conferences may decide basis for dialogue and referendum but shouldn't serve as referendum per se . Rational thinking is an integral part of sound education and not only reciting quoted portion of outdated texts.
Do u have phobia for thinking? Or is it a mere allergy? Of course the concept of Nigeria was created by foreigners, just like other countries in d world. But Nigeria has d power and has had d power for over 50 years to decide itz fate.. If d constitution is d problem, there is a process of amendment. The decision not to correct the perceived inadequacies shows either a lack of will or more probably d unpopularity of dat position. Buy or borrow any govt textbook popular sovereignty is practised in Nigeria, the people are the strongest. That people lack d knowledge or will to effect change is not Lord Lugards fault. And u think if u successfully secede that will be d end of your problems?? Kip on dreaming

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by foladara777(m): 12:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
Saintp:

My question to you is that are you enjoying Nigeria the way it is today? I love a united Nigeria but not at the expense of unity, love and fair play. Every year, we keep getting distracted with agitations here and there without an end in sight. If the British who created Nigeria in the 1st place was ready for disintegration in thier domain what excuse do we have to spill blood because of one Nigeria.
what we have lacked since independence is quality leadership like what is obtained among the whites otherwise we shouldn't still be talking about Biafra decades after the civil war. Nobody is talking about Scottish independence again, that issue has been resolved at least for a long time to come
Can a black nation resolve thier internal issues peaceful? i don't think so.
Before d considerable silence as regards Scottish independence, there have been years of wars and rebellion. But I agree with you, it all boils down to leadership.
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by Noneroone(m): 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
foladara777:

Do u have phobia for thinking? Or is it a mere allergy? Of course the concept of Nigeria was created by foreigners, just like other countries in d world. But Nigeria has d power and has had d power for over 50 years to decide itz fate.. If d constitution is d problem, there is a process of amendment. The decision not to correct the perceived inadequacies shows either a lack of will or more probably d unpopularity of dat position. Buy or borrow any govt textbook popular sovereignty is practised in Nigeria, the people are the strongest. That people lack d knowledge or will to effect change is not Lord Lugards fault. And u think if u successfully secede that will be d end of your problems?? Kip on dreaming
k
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by misterawo: 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
With this vote, UK has lost the moral right to say that the "sanctity of Nigeria border" must be respected. As a matter of fact, they should not educate us again on the need for unity. Nigeria should work toward a roadmap for referendum. Who knows, silent majority might be in support of united Nigeria. We may never know until we put it to test through referendum.
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by booblacain(m): 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
Kenai:
Nigerians, shaa, are some funny hypocrites.

Many followed the BrExit debate and the Palestinian question, even taking sides; buit mention Biafra, and they begin to spew their venom.
You talk about secession, and they begin to talk about war. Now, let me ask you - How many gunshots have you heard go off in the wake of BrExit?
For you to immediately liken secession to war, are you not indirectly saying Nigerians are simply too uncivilized to come together and discuss hard issues?

Many of these Nigerians take sides on BrExit, but support their hero's decision of unilaterally trashing the National Confab results.

Many of these Nigerians tweet #BlackLivesMatter on Twitter; but at the same time, support and justify Onitsha massacre and the killing of Shiites. Ain't it funny?

A sizeable number of these Nigerians are immigrants in civilized countries, enjoying their liberties; but at the same time, support the archaic and primitive human rights violations of their hero in the name of 'fighting corruption'.

Truly, hypocrisy is Nigeria's national ideology. And it is on steroids.

I agree with the bolded 100%. Nigerians are the biggest hypocrites in the world.
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by shaqhead: 12:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
manbuchai:

Ojukwu and gowon went to Ghana and settled on regional government but Nigerian government side stepped later.It is not by force to remain together simple.Biafrans has gone to war concerning that too,how else do you want them zo prove that they want to stay on their own
Where is the congruency between your opinion and my submission? Please address the salient points I raised or pls stay off my mentions! Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by ronald4lif(m): 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
martineverest:
I really pity British economy; her economy benefits from EU policies, which attracted investors. With this referendum,I see investors going elsewhere. Moreover, breakup of UK is inevitable, as n.Ireland and Scotland voted to remain in EU and more hostilities from other EU members who never liked the Brits.

True. The Scots have already started to initiate a legislation for a new referendum. This time they will vote overwhelmingly to leave Britain. The U.K economy will suffer and they will regret this.
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by estcood: 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
princey83:

True. lived in the UK in those years that EU migrants flooded the tiny island from poorer EU countries. They basically took all jobs that no one else would do. i saw africans and asians losing their survival jobs to EU nationals despite the fact that most of them couldn't speak a word in english, but they had an advantage cos they needed no work visa.

i watched as universities stopped funding non-EU nationals for msc and phd courses as they had enough applications from EU nationals. Jobs were exported to poorer EU nations cos of cheap labour, hence manufacturing industries closed down.

Highly skilled workers moved in from greece, spain, portugal, italy e.t.c to take top jobs in the financial industries, and unemployed highly skilled britons felt betrayed. Yet, the UK was one of the biggest contributors to the EU project. Germany is next. These two are the sole reason why the EU exist cos of their strong economies.

The prospect of turkey joining the EU by 2020 was the final nail on the coffin. An islamic country of over 75 million people where wages are as low as $2/hr. Alot of people were scared that the UK would become flooded by turkish migrants. lol.

some of the few who grab sall what this was about. Not the cnn news filled / liberal luvvie rhetoric I've been hearing all day.
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
iAmCharis:
Hehehe this is interesting.

MissGdope, sorry o. grin
as in ehn! I just det vex. Prime minister resign join. what nonsense

1 Like

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by ceejay80s(m): 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
James owunna should pay me my money before Britain breaks down finally, the guy is a thief and a fraud look him up on Facebook,
And beware
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by lepasharon(f): 1:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
wonlasewonimi:

Please compare like for like.... UK voted to leave EU is like Nigeria voting to leave Ecowas union

Pls tell them, Bush ppl
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by wonlasewonimi: 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
Bethelwealthy:

So why are the Brits calling it "independence"? Pls be aware that Ecowas is purely ceremonial and parochial, EU is an more cohesive, they are more than just regional cohesion.

They likened it to an independence not calling it independence.

I know EU is more cohesive. I'm trying to let you know its different from Wales trying to secede.

3 Likes

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by koboko69: 2:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
attackgat:

Oh I see! You are angry that they are calling Nigeria a zoo, insulting other tribes, setting up treasonable radio stations and instigating hate because they want to create Biafra?

Really?

You won't even be happy that they are doing this? When Lord Lugard was creating Nigeria, he was not even as kind as this. He just brought guns, shot your ancestors, raped the women and took their lands. You should even be congratulating IPOB for seeking Biafra in a far better way than the way Lord Lugard made you a Nigerian.

U made a baseless senseless comparison. Now u singing another tune.

1 Like

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by koboko69: 2:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
attackgat:

Oh I see! You are angry that they are calling Nigeria a zoo, insulting other tribes, setting up treasonable radio stations and instigating hate because they want to create Biafra?

Really?

You won't even be happy that they are doing this? When Lord Lugard was creating Nigeria, he was not even as kind as this. He just brought guns, shot your ancestors, raped the women and took their lands. You should even be congratulating IPOB for seeking Biafra in a far better way than the way Lord Lugard made you a Nigerian.

U made a baseless senseless comparison. Now u singing another tune.
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by ooshinibos: 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
gatoyi:
Maybe when the so called "civilized" read "white" countries stop helping themselves to the resources on the so-called "uncivilized" read "non-white" countries. And if you think that isn't the nature of things; if you think they don't aid third-world corruption; if you think they haven't helped put dictators in power; if you think they don't hold on to trillions of YOUR money; you need to get your nose out of their asses.

when you fix your Nigerian electricity supply issue and your infrastructure issues , lets talk
you need to get your nose out of your ass and stop blaming whites for all your problems ... if Africa ( with all the natural resources )was developed ) we will not have this immigration problems all over the world ..we will have healthy tourism and relationships ...
if you are in doubt go and visit all the white embassies in Africa ..all full of African people queuing for visa and work permits to Europe, why ? why ? .
Take responsibilities like the Chinese nation

1 Like

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by Fundango: 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
heykims:
Those making comparison
Did those that spearheaded the campaign antagonize or blackmail d reigning govt?
Do they have a 'Biafra' radio that primarily specialises in blackmailing d country
Is their 'Kanu' foreign based who sneaked into d country in a criminal manner?
Did d agitators of secesion call d UK a zoo?
Was their 'Buhari' insulted by d campaigners of secession?
Answer those questions and compare approaches

The reason why I'm always against this call for Biafra is just coz they were silent all through GEJ's tenure only to surface when power left the southern region..
you re right my brother,God bless you.
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by Mikool1212(m): 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
princey83:

No they are now in Africa and Manchester United would be competing in the next caf league.
sigh. Education in Nigeria though.

Lol

Your comment though...
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by DozieInc(m): 5:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
foladara777:

The UK is not a federal system. Thatz why wales, northern Ireland and Scotland have their national flags and football teams. We have a constitution that doesn't allow for secession, the UK doesn't.

Nigeria came to be when the south and north were almagamated, they decided to form a country and a constitution just like Britain, but what happens when a part of the country decides to be independent after a 100 years??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by DozieInc(m): 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
foladara777:

The UK is not a federal system. Thatz why wales, northern Ireland and Scotland have their national flags and football teams. We have a constitution that doesn't allow for secession, the UK doesn't.

Nigeria came to be when the south and north were almagamated, they decided to form a country and a constitution just like Britain, but what happens when a part of the country wants to be independent after a 100 years??
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by stevups(m): 6:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
Unity is strength, division is weakness!!!
Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by Elliot2(m): 10:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
ALAYORMII:

Did you hear any of the two sides threatening to burn down and kill anyone that oppose them?

That's the difference between them and IPOB
they didn't cos dos guys ova there behave like humans. Go and read Aburi accord. It was Ojukwu who suggested that both the nigeria govt and his biafra side must refrain from any kind of force in resolving the crisis at hand. but Gowon didn't keep to the bargain immediately they got back here. U want biafran to praise nigeria while asking for biafra? Lol. When they say nigeria is a zoo, my guy don't be offended. tell nigeria to prove them wrong by doing those things that normal country govt n citizens do. Now one way to start from is...give referendum. yup!

1 Like

Re: UK Votes To Leave The European Union by ALAYORMII: 10:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
Elliot2:
they didn't cos dos guys ova there behave like humans. Go and read Aburi accord. It was Ojukwu who suggested that both the nigeria govt and his biafra side must refrain from any kind of force in resolving the crisis at hand. but Gowon didn't keep to the bargain immediately they got back here. U want biafran to praise nigeria while asking for biafra? Lol. When they say nigeria is a zoo, my guy don't be offended. tell nigeria to prove them wrong by doing those things that normal country govt n citizens do. Now one way to start from is...give referendum. yup!

If there's a referendum today, I don't think majority of your people want to leave the zoo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mugabe Appoints Minister For “whatsapp And Facebook” In Zimbabwe / Algeria Wildfires: Twenty-five Soldiers Killed In Rescue Mission / All 50 American States And DC Have Certified Their Presidential Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.