Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,377 members, 7,812,095 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU (49053 Views)

Grace Mugabe's Cars Stopped From Leaving Zimbabwe. Photos / Political Diagram Of Brexit And The EU / David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by jollymizzle(m): 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2016
refiner:
Thats Serious... shocked shocked

Why did they leave?
They are actually better off leaving.they joined in the first place to act as big brother.and maybe thinking influx of workers and immigrants would somehow spark a technological or economic revolution, as that didn't happen they want to pull out

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Palava
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by dhesire(m): 2:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
Thanks goodness, we have something newsworthy on FP, not all those fake celebrities news.
Op, please more of this.

Brexit will have its effects, both negative and positive on the UK and those who see the UK as their save haven.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
level10:
sorry, my intention was to lighten u up a bit and probably make u laff a little,no vex say i make u feel worse off!!!!

Why should I laff. If I need to on this forum, I ll hit the jokes section or open threads of such on the front page. A thread like this is meant to be educative. Bright minds will comment and ask intelligent questions while some will view from the sidelines to learn but what's the front page filled with? Nothing more than three letter word
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by xxgig(m): 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
MY QUESTION IS THIS, IS THERE ANY ECONOMIC BENEFIT TO NIGERIA FROM THIS VOTE?
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by refiner(f): 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
wristbangle:

Because they feel it will filter act of terrorism in their land, increase employment rate for their indigenes and improve their economy.

Selfish or Intelligent?

lets watch and see...

I was having probs on my mail sir... I have sent the necessary requirements and expecting a contact.

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by Boss13: 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
amazingspiderma:
The financial consequences is not irreparable. The economy can recover with time if the government review it relationship with individual European nations,Commonwealth and the Chinese.
However the issue of security is a bigger treat,and pose far greater consequences for the UK.

They chose the lesser of two evils.

Britian still thinks its yield enormous influence in world politics. Well, it should think again. Scotland First Minister is already considering independence. The United Kingdom may not be United.

Their selfish, conservative nature may actually get them in deep trouble.

I just hope the Naira strengthen against the pounds today after this news.

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by jollymizzle(m): 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
wristbangle:

There is still going to be champion's league for them because UEFA recognises UK as part of Europe but the adverse effect will be buying Non british players will cost premiership team more and the cost to acquire their british players will be less. This in return will reduce competitiveness in English football among their European elites
Ni one was buying English players in the first place.the best of them vardy would have been sold for just 20m.apart from john stones,no English player is worth buying

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
martineverest:
pounds have already started plummenting on a 32 year record low.

Britain attracted investors due to eu policies,with this referendum,investors are likely going elsewhere...samsung,LG are planing to move their europe headquaters away from britain:google,apple and microsoft are already planing to do so......huge tax paid by compaanies will also worsen the situation.

Premiership will find it harder to buy players from other european league,due to hostility and high exchange rate....other leagues will find it cheaper to buy from epl due to favourable xchange rate.......xpect unfavourable ucl draws for epl teams.

Since scotland and northern ireland want to join european union,expect disintegration of united kingdom into smaller countries.

There might likely be another referendum to reverse this ugly one

Wow. A big wow! I think it's a lose lose thing for them. The economy will go down and it will affect the whole country. Regarding the tech companies leaving, the prices of phones and gadgets will skyrocket.

The EPL that ought to be watched by all due to its new money deal and new hot managers in the country will kinda be sidelined as some players will be reluctant to move now and the clubs will also find it difficult to buy players too.

It's a lose lose thing for them

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by jollymizzle(m): 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
xxgig:
MY QUESTION IS THIS, IS THERE ANY ECONOMIC BENEFIT TO NIGERIA FROM THIS VOTE?
Well only Nigerians with citenships from whack countries like romania would be affected by not being able to stay permanently in britain

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
jollymizzle:

Ni one was buying English players in the first place.the best of them vardy would have been sold for just 20m.aside john stones,no English player is worth buying

How many English players do you know? You consider stones a top player yet he is yet to play a game for England.
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by jollymizzle(m): 2:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
ollah1:

How many English players do you know? You consider stones a top player yet he is yet to play a game for England.
That's what am saying,there are no top players from English football and have not been in a long time but stones actually is a top player and has played for England many times already
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by djlaqua91(m): 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
This is why I so dislike this so-called foreign powers. This Brexit was mainly swayed by immigration, racism, islamophobia and xenophobic fears. You bombed many of these nations and now they're homeless you can't let them in. You colonized half the world and exploited our resources, used us to fight your wars but don't want our descendants to leave with you. Gerrahia men. Shii

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by lepasharon(f): 2:49pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ademusiwa1:
Africa politician should have gone to place advertisement in Britain media that Britain can't leave .

.I Will be communicating this clearly to the queen of Britain and the prime minister of Britain ,why there is a need for revote,because this lives 5 millions African jobless.

It is a big bow to Africa economy

Many of the politician are clueless.

I will do my best to convince the Queen of Britain why a rethink.

We have a clueless young politician in Africa who don't know the implications of this move by Britain to their economy.

You can obviously see from the internet Africa politician are incomplete to leadership . I was basically helpless during the vote because they are the one who controls the money and i will blame the cbn too for not been on the street of Britain on his hand and feet. Because of its economy implications to Nigeria.

It is sad day for Africa and it's economy

The issue is now how do we make Britain reconsider this vote. It is obvious this politician have low grey matter to understand international politics.

I can't believe my eyes that they are all bulk of clueless human

It is a sad day for Africa. Sad .

grin...Are you OK?

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by quickly: 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
djlaqua91:
This is why I so dislike this so-called foreign powers. This Brexit was mainly swayed by immigration, racism, islamophobia and xenophobic fears. You bombed many of these nations and now they're homeless you can't let them in. You colonized half the world and exploited our resources, used us to fight your wars but don't want our descendants to leave with you. Gerrahia men. Shii

No be by force to go dubai. that island is so small but over populated.

What tipped the scale is the mass migration of syrians into germany and france. they will ultimately find there way to UK.

What is suprising is why the syrians didnt go to saudi or dubai which is there brothers land

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by Edubrazilnwa(m): 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
dragunov:
Bros, now i know you've got nadda upstairs. Na wa o
nadda?oh I see how brilliant of you
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by djlaqua91(m): 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
quickly:

No be by force to go dubai. that island is so small but over populated.

What tipped the scale is the mass migration of syrians into germany and france. they will ultimately find there way to UK.

What is suprising is why the syrians didnt go to saudi or dubai which is there brothers land

Baba they know those nations will treat them even worse. You sef look am. If we have war in nigeria, I bet you many leave Africa if they have the means. Mostly the poor will move to ghana. Turkey and Jordan are the 2 main nations there that tried.
My own is that these big nations should stop meddling with us. They're dictating everything, oil prices, security etc. Its ridiculous.
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by knightsTempler: 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
Britain is my country, and most migrant Nigerians don't understand Britain.
The whites hate any migrant and don't distinguish between black Xtians and Muslims. Nigerians rejoicing because of this anti immigration eu exit will understand later, when their British born kids will start feeling more unwelcome.

To me, it's all about immigration, though the whites don't and will never openly say this;

It's immigra-phobia!
They voted against migration.
The Brits are soooooo selfish, and that makes them paranoid about other people coming to leave with them.
You're born there, and they'll be asking you at school, work, social gathering, "you're originally from?"
You're never truly a Brit once you're not pure white, blue eyes and your ancestors are pure white settlers.

These phobia-tic aspects I couldn't live with, I didn't want to marry and give birth in my own country and my children will face such social scrutiny.
It formed a core reason for my accepting a job in nigeria and relocating.
They knew they where eating their cake and having it.
Free unhindered trade zone for their goods, cheap labour from euro-zone solved their perennial costly labour crisis.
They kept their pounds, so they exercised fiscal autonomy no other has in the EU.

Uk never joined schegen, thereby having some form of control on their internal migration, yet, it was always; immigration, immigration, immigration.
No day does newspapers not raise headlines to remind you about the difference in your background.
Every crime is instantly attributed to migrants until solved!

So by leaving, they can now handle migration with tight fists. Before, Brussels took such matters off them.
Brits being the crooks they're, Britain will still take all benefits from EU and just do away with what bothers them; immigration.

I don't expect France, germany or Sweden to visa me from entering Paris, berlin etc.

Britain just want to tackle immigration with tight fist.

Although a lot of lengthy bureaucratic back and forth will commence under EU article 50.
It's all immigration squeeze.
Brits are bad.

- Sam Uche

8 Likes

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by Aribambam: 3:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
[ please how do you mean because i want to go and study there soon.
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by refiner(f): 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
richidinho:

influx of immigrants to EU grin
Illegals.. lol
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by wellmax(m): 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
lolawilliams:
No more champions league for england teams

Are you trying to be funny or what?

EUFA champions league is for European countries not for EU members

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by richidinho(m): 3:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
refiner:

Illegals.. lol

Tnx my queen grin
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by refiner(f): 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
richidinho:

Tnx my queen grin
Hope you know how to play ball ooo...
Because your name sounds Brazilian...
Hahaha...
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by mickeymimi: 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
Cameron took the gamble of offering a referendum..it worked against him...voting out of the EU will not stop immigration....

Now Britain finally got their own independence day 23rd of June ....Britain colonised half of the world and they got their independence days from Britain..........currency always go down after a drastic change.

I fear if Scotland and Northern Ireland should push for a referendum and succeed That can break UK.... then it will be England as a country on its own....

I just fear for the migrants in UK and how they will cope with the British "it s our country we can do what we like to you attitude" you will start to see that at work and on street of Britain very soon against blacks and people from the EU. Some of the Brexits have their own agenda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by UuzbaGuuzba: 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
Tycike:
Now those eastern Europeans that frustrated my life when I was studying in UK will know what it is to be an immigrant.

Me too. Their English is worse than some type of people. But just because they are white skinned...
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by refiner(f): 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
ollah1:

Why should I laff. If I need to on this forum, I ll hit the jokes section or open threads of such on the front page. A thread like this is meant to be educative. Bright minds will comment and ask intelligent questions while some will view from the sidelines to learn but what's the front page filled with? Nothing more than three letter word

Calm down Dear....

How's your day...
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by martineverest(m): 3:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
ollah1:

Wow. A big wow! I think it's a lose lose thing for them. The economy will go down and it will affect the whole country. Regarding the tech companies leaving, the prices of phones and gadgets will skyrocket.

The EPL that ought to be watched by all due to its new money deal and new hot managers in the country will kinda be sidelined as some players will be reluctant to move now and the clubs will also find it difficult to buy players too.

It's a lose lose thing for them
yeah....they were jealous that germany,france and italy are the ones in charge of eu.they wanted to control the eu cos of their antecedents(world war and economic power.though germany has the largest economy in europe).they werent comfortable that eu is a worldwide peacemaker.they wanted to be like americans,that dictates what happens around the world.their first threats came in late 2014,when scotland(the wealth and resource of uk,just like what the catalans are to spanish economy)wanted to exit uk.they did everything to convince the scotts to stay back.otherwise,they would be relegated as world power.....with this new referendum,the scotts and northern ireland want to break out and become independent. Should this occur,england will loose their status as world power.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by neonly: 3:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by layioniye: 3:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Who Dem epp?

British Prime Minister David Cameron didn’t want to hold a vote on Brexit at all. But in 2014, he faced growing pressure from the populist right over immigration and Britain’s EU membership. To mollify dissenters in his own party and stop the rise of the far-right UK Independence Party, Cameron promised to hold a referendum on leaving the EU if his Conservative Party won the 2015 election.
The Conservatives surprised pollsters by winning an outright majority in Parliament, and Cameron kept his promise. But he wasn’t personally in favor of exiting the EU, and he campaigned vigorously for a "Remain" vote. At the same time, he allowed other members of his government to campaign on the other side. This created the spectacle of senior members of the UK government, from the same party, campaigning on opposite sides of one of the biggest issues in British politics in decades.
The victory of the "Leave" campaign could fatally weaken Cameron’s standing within his own party. Cameron had vowed to continue in office even if voters rejected his stance on EU membership. But that position may prove untenable. A revolt among Conservative members of Parliament
could force him out of office. That could lead to a new Conservative government run by a more Euroskeptical prime minister, or it could lead to new elections.[/quote]
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by southpole: 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
lolawilliams:
No more champions league for england teams

I don't think you are right, exiting from the Union does not mean Britain exits from Europe these are 2 different thinks. Let look at it this way if Nigeria decides not to be a member of the African Union it will not stop us from playing the African cup of nations because we are still in Africa. European Union just like the African Union is just an economic and political organization while Europe is a continent. I stand to be corrected we are still learning.

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by Mikool1212(m): 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
Pls what is the effect of this uncertainty on scholarly relations between post graduate students from non EU countries and the UK?
Re: Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU by phinter: 3:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ademusiwa1:
Africa politician should have gone to place advertisement in Britain media that Britain can't leave .

.I Will be communicating this clearly to the queen of Britain and the prime minister of Britain ,why there is a need for revote,because this lives 5 millions African jobless.

It is a big bow to Africa economy

Many of the politician are clueless.

I will do my best to convince the Queen of Britain why a rethink.

We have a clueless young politician in Africa who don't know the implications of this move by Britain to their economy.

You can obviously see from the internet Africa politician are incomplete to leadership . I was basically helpless during the vote because they are the one who controls the money and i will blame the cbn too for not been on the street of Britain on his hand and feet. Because of its economy implications to Nigeria.

It is sad day for Africa and it's economy

The issue is now how do we make Britain reconsider this vote. It is obvious this politician have low grey matter to understand international politics.

I can't believe my eyes that they are all bulk of clueless human

It is a sad day for Africa. Sad .

But you have not said why its sad?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Brazilian Nurse Plunges 70ft To Her Death In Unsafe Water Park Accident / Liberian President Whines Waist, Jumps Up As He Dances To Buga Song (Pix, Video) / Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.