Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 (6004 Views)

What The New Oshodi And Airport Road Would Look Like - Ambode Reveals / Hilarious Photo Of How Imo State Would Look Like By Year 3030 / Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by VOICEOFTHEMASES: 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3883599_cymera20160624204902_jpeg380d98fd503857ebf92ab4a6e5b23471

Yerima Shettima is the National youth president of apex Northern socio-cultural group: Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), and Chairman of Coalition of all Ethnic Nationality leaders in Nigeria. In this interview with Iniobong Iwok, he spoke about why the North is in its present state, restructuring of the country, the Buhari administration among others. Excerpts:

How do you assess the Buhari administration?

Expectations were high among Nigerians but, Buhari alone can not move the country forward. Yes he promised change, expectation was high, unfortunately, he can not move the country alone. Some of the ministers are inexperienced or incompetent; they do not know what governance is all about. Some of them are behaving like comedians. I’m not satisfied with this government and Nigerians are bitter about it, you can not remove all benefits and expect us to be happy. You asked people to tighten up while you are eating fat. Things are hard, you can not be flying around the world and the common man is suffering, if there is sacrifice, it should start from the leaders.

You gave Buhari your total support are you disappointed?

A lot of people that supported him are disappointed. Even the campaign slogan, the change mantra is abandoned. Most of the things the government said they would do they are not doing but behaving with impunity.

Would Arewa Support him or the APC if he decides to seek re-election in 2019?

Buhari is a Nigerian president, and not a northern president. If we run a regional system and he is a premier I would not attack him but advise him. On support him, we would look for alternative in 2019, we have been disappointed so far in his government. With the way things are going, they would say there is hope that we should be patient. But the way the things are, I would look for alternative.

Do you think the president has been fair to other regions in his appointment?

The president has not been fair to other regions. At the earlier time of his government, when he just started the appointment, but since the budget was passed you can see that things have balance up. We must commend him, even the ambassadorial appointment, how many people came from the north? Even the board appointment, you would see that after the budget, the southwest compared to the north have more than 40 percent; it favours the southwest than the north east where I came from, which has less that 13 percent. Earlier it was so, not now; and I raised alarm then.

Are you satisfied with the performance of INEC?

INEC has been full of confusion. Look at the Kogi election, I have become more confuse. I wonder where they get some language like: inconclusive. Inconclusive everywhere, and that is when they want to manoeuvre things. As we keep going round we would keep talking about INEC supposed to be an independent body. It is obvious INEC is being influence by the central. We have a system where the central government has so much power and the executive override some of their decisions.

Are you satisfied with the fight against corruption, especially the trial of Dasuki?

The office of the National Security Adviser is not an office of the PDP. Some of us have reservations on the style of the current anti-graft war, and we said it earlier. The president has no business in some of the things he his doing. What he has to do is to allow the institutions to do their work. What is happening in the case of Dasuki is that the president has already convicted him before the trial by saying in the media chat that: how can he release a man who stole over N400billion. When the person has not been convicted in court, even when the court had given order for his release while standing trial. It is unfair and the leader who says no he must defy the court order to me is not fair, because: what is happening now could happen to anybody.
He should fight corruption but respect the rule of law, he must not make the anti corruption fight personal, so that when he is not around, the institutions would continue to fight. We support his anti corruption fight but it should not be personal or be a vendetta.

Source: https://dailytimes.ng/buhari-has-failed-us-we-would-look-for-alternative-in-2019-shettima/

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by bluaero(m): 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
Put sauce and goat meat

**modified**
So this news is for real? I'm not surprised though undecided

I now see why IBB kicked the cowardly dull@rd out of power

This is the same guy that shamelessly overthrew a hard earned democratic government but was kicked out without a single bullet.

Please can someone name a successful business that this man has managed since he was kicked out of power? A school? or even a mosque Even a single contribution to the economy when he was desperately fighting for power?
But we chose to let him take hold of a complex organization like Nigeria.

He lost elections in 2011, people died. Only God knows what would have happened if he had lost in 2015. Very desperate and senile bigot.

Now look where we are! Hunger everywhere. Hate all over the country. Different agitations here and there. Economic nose dive.

Chasing his enemies (political and personal) at the expense of the masses.

What a presidiot!!!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by utytill(m): 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
d way tomato d cost now make u no come get sauce.so hmmm,i no beliv till u get sauce.
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by SeverusSnape(m): 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
Buhari is a monumental failure. Though this news is fake.

13 Likes

Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by SeverusSnape(m): 6:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
bluaero:
Put sauce and goat meat
The news could be fake, But it doesn't change the fact that BUHARI IS A MONUMENTAL FAILURE.

13 Likes

Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by eyeview: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
I doubt this news but the message is true.
Even his people knows that he has been a monumental failure and are secretly shopping for his replacement. That's why that midget(el-rufai) and atiku sometimes over step some boundaries to become the 'annointed replacement'

3 Likes

Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by Pavarottii(m): 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
Na now daybreak 4 dis mofos. Am telling u b4 2019 will reach. APC will loose 60% of its popularity in d north and west. Cos down in the south and east. It's already gone by 95%.

APC know if it's by performance. They will loose woefully to PDP that's why they are trying all their best to wipe out PDP b4 2019. And create a one party system. Thereby hounding on the opposition with EFCC and DSS(But they are quick to forget that is the masses that will do d voting not buhari and his cohorts). any chance by PDP coming strong in 2019 with a clear and justified INEC in place. APC will loose by 60% in d north and by 70% in the west.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by nrexzy: 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
Sai Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by gunuvi(m): 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
No need for sauce and curry to know that the post reflects the reality now.
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by Ofunaofu: 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
sauce or.........
modified. the sauce don make am sweet
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by BossKratos: 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
undecided

Abeg who get red oil to borrow me?
Anybody?
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by UltimatedeBest(m): 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
Which Shettima d talk nau?

Even kpomo has gone beyond d reach of common man
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
Yes, but u, Shettima are not the alternative.
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by PigMeat: 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2016
Mr shettima unfortunately for u forms no dey for sell for you ooo. Wailers form don finish tey tey!
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by Taryur3(m): 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by cecs(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Alright
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by Zico5(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
They all expect sudden change when they have ruined everything this country supposed to live on. I look at them and I see that they are all sick. If not an elder supposed to see inner thing that youth could not see but reverse is the case.
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by Flashh: 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Who don't know that?

4 Likes

Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by brunofarad(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
ok
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by iyke484real(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
grin having a semi illiterate as a president is the worst thing that can ever happen to a country! buhari is a disaster and a disgrace to Nigeria. he's gone as far as foolishly destroying the survival of the northern posterity by creating more enemies for them in his bias fight against corruption.

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by boss1310(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
we are living in the worst period of this country since the SAP era of 86 to 89.
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by arresa: 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
Obviously another ipob fake and 419 fabrication..

Rubbish..
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by funkybully(f): 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
The man is an ipob yoot - North a55 licking yolo.....slaves
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by truthalways(m): 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
Another reporter is about to lose his/her job
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by BlackSeptember: 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
I still get speechless when some mofo hrre masturbate on mr daft matters. Buhari is a failure
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by DMerciful(m): 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
K
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by BlackSeptember: 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
arresa:
Obviously another ipob fake and 419 fabrication..

Rubbish..
lubbish

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
Can someone constructively tell me how Buhari's a failure
PS: please be apolitical when replying wink
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by mohince(m): 9:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
Huh
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by ajepako(f): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
BossKratos:
undecided

Abeg who get red oil to borrow me?

Anybody?

Me l go add garri and ewedu.plus ponmo.. grin grin grin
Re: Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019 by mohince(m): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
Huh.... Point of correction yarima shettima, i dnt even know him... Not kashim shettima of Borno!!! OP u are damn confuse its like u ar high in oshogo weed, wat is kashim shettima pic doin der?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $43.2bn / Gov. Ugwuanyi Resumes Campaign Ahead Of March 9 Guber Poll / Lady Dies After Abortion Attempt For Her Minister Boyfriend (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.