Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,741 members, 7,809,834 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. (25448 Views)

Hausa Muslim Girl Impregnated By Igbo Man Dies During Childbirth, Family Wants.. / Nigerian Lady Dies During Childbirth, Leaving Her White Hubby & Son Behind / Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by InformedLola(f): 8:17am On Jun 26, 2016
Ladies, she asked for men's opinions though. Why not respect that and let the men answer? We don't have to force our opinion down people's throats always, even if it's correct.

14 Likes

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by valmunich(m): 8:42am On Jun 26, 2016
This is ludicrous sad

1 Like

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 26, 2016
I lost someone I know through C/S.
All operations have a degree of risk regardless of where it is carried out
Even the best surgeons can loose patients due to one reason or another

I've had a C/S and a natural birth
I recovered much quicker after the natural birth and went home the next day after the birth
I was able to bond with my baby quicker and was able to get into a routine quicker.

With the C/S I was in hospital for 5 days
I was in much pain after the C/S and to just even cough was excruciatingly painful
After experiencing both, I will never choose a C/S over a natural birth unless it was life threatening, which it was in my case.

Sex after a vaginal birth? No change
Give mother nature her credit
The vaggy is not like a cheap thin hair band that just breaks due to stretching

If you want my advise, I will say only put yourself at risk if 100% required
or at the very least read up and inform yourself on the complications of surgery
If God forbid you have adhesions, you could be in pain for the rest of your life.....People do.
I Am lucky and the only lasting effect was not feeling any sensation along the line of incision for about 3 years and that was even being cut by one of the best surgeons in the business as I was told.
So I hate to think what other lasting effects other ladies with less experienced surgeons go through.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by 4nobody4every1: 9:28am On Jun 26, 2016
tearoses:

I recovered much quicker after the natural birth and went home the next day after the birth
I was able to bond with my baby quicker and was able to get into a routine quicker.

I was in much pain after the C/S and to just even cough was excruciatingly painful
After experiencing both, I will never choose a C/S over a natural birth unless it was life threatening, which it was in my case.

or at the very least read up and inform yourself on the complications of surgery
If God forbid you have adhesions, you could be in pain for the rest of your life.....People do.
I Am lucky and the only lasting effect was not feeling any sensation along the line of incision for about 3 years and that was even being cut by one of the best surgeons in the business as I was told.
So I hate to think what other lasting effects other ladies with less experienced surgeons go through.
Matured & sensible response cool

3 Likes

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 26, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Matured & sensible response cool

Thank you
Happy Sunday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by 4nobody4every1: 9:38am On Jun 26, 2016
tearoses:

Thank you
Happy Sunday
Same to you, l enjoy reading your matured advises on this section cool

1 Like

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 26, 2016
stylesco:
Most women always say the vagina goes back to normal after childbirth, but I think the men should be judge.

My question is does it really change down there after child birth?

Opting for a elective c - section is not a bad thing. C- section has its advantages and disadvantages and really is not recommended unless needed. But it is your choice.

What is bad is that your husband is insisting on it. It's your body and your health and you are the one who will have to suffer any consequences. This kind of patriarchal thinking is very bad. I think you should see a good obstetrician and get very comprehensive advice on this. Your husband is not a doctor and really should not be making any medical decisions for you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by cococandy(f): 10:18am On Jun 26, 2016
Exactly. CS only for life threatening conditions.
CS was also on the table for me because I had thrombocytopenia and the doctors feared I might have serious bleeding if they let me carry full 40weeks as my clotting factor kept going down,down.
So I was induced at 38weeks and because of that surgeons were on the standby in case the induction didn't progress like normal birth. As in from 0 inch dilation to 10 inch in a matter of hrs. That was was a big CS risk.
YET they didn't do it. Only said they'd do it if it was absolutely necessary. These are professionals and they know better. They wouldn't advice one to go thru' that big surgery for fun.

tearoses:

5 Likes

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Cherlene(f): 10:56am On Jun 26, 2016
nnamdibig:
God, this tread is already painful to read. Women they suffer oooo
all these for child birth. and the duty of a man is to just climb on top and pour akamu inside, then the woman carries another human for 9 months then delivers either naturally or through CS(both very painful).
then another round of painful experience to tighten down there again to satisfy a man. And you hear some men say, I beat her because she provoked me...hmmmmmm.
shout out to all mothers and intending mothers abeg.

Happy Sunday,

At bolded, INDEED! cheesy

Cherlene
Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by bebe2(f): 11:13am On Jun 26, 2016
stylesco:

Thank you.
People find every reason to say horrible things to people they don't even know.

I'm having the baby in the us and he feels it's safer too.

Isn't it easier to talk about the issue instead of insulting/judging someone's personality.

Ignore them jare.

As long as u both agree that's all that counts.

3 Likes

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 26, 2016
My friend went through the Cs procedure just for the tightening reason. She had her 2 kids via this medium. In her case, le hub was indifferent about it, but she deliberately requested an elective just cause she wanted to remain 'tight' for oga. Today, bros is a serial cheat in town (I still can't decipher why he went the infidelity route).
We all have huge sacrifices we pay in marriages, but laying down your life for this reason, is flimsy in my opinion.

Do you know that most women do not get back their prepreggy flat tummy after Cs? Can your hubby still stand a protruding postpartum belly for a long time?

Even VD with 3rd degree tear and huge episiotomy still bubbles back to action. There is a whole lot of exercises, drugs, etc to that effect. It's not as bad as you think mama kiss

Op,I wish you all the best

19 Likes

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by PresVA: 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
stylesco:

I'll prefer you shut your dirty mouth.
Didn't they teach you respect at home?
Lol.. sorry if my comment hurt you ok? smiley

Remember not to nurse your baby so that your breast 'remains firm for life'....remember to also undergo another surgery if you don't get your flat tommy back after CS... wish you the very best smiley smiley

Ok, on a serious note. .I find your reason for going under the knife absurd because you can get your VG 'back to shape' after delivery. ..
However, it's your life... again, i wish you the best smiley

8 Likes

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Jamean(f): 12:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
PresVA:
Lol.. sorry if my comment hurt you ok? smiley

Remember not to nurse your baby so that your breast 'remains firm for life'....remember to also undergo another surgery if you don't get your flat tommy back after CS... wish you the very best smiley smiley

Ok, on a serious note. .I find your reason for going under the knife absurd because you can get your VG 'back to shape' after delivery. ..
However, it's your life... again, i wish you the best smiley

Go Presva, Go Presva! cheesy
Breast lift, liposuction and all that is required. Surgery upon surgery and you continue to alter your body why le husband is still intact.

Happy Sunday o!

2 Likes

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by PresVA: 12:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
Jamean:

Go Presva, Go Presva! cheesy
Breast lift, liposuction and all that is required. Surgery upon surgery and you continue to alter your body why le husband is still intact.

Happy Sunday o!
grin grin grin ... wetin person no go see angry

Happy Sunday too dearie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Mopricelezz(f): 1:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
Jamean:

Really! shocked

Weytin we no go hear. I don't think you've been around someone that had CS. The pain is terrible, you can't bend, can't sit upright, can't just eat anything, can't massage the stomach and even taking bath is worse because of the stitches.

Please don't come and mislead people o. For natural birth once baby is out the pain is greatly reduced, except you had a tear that was stitched.

I mean serious prayers that one shouldn't sneeze or cough, cos if you sneeze ehn especially if its those violent ones, omo the pain will be as if the stitches will open.. To now want to poop nkor, if the poop is hard, hmmmm, thats some terrible experience.. You cant turn to Sleep on your sides, you cant walk totally upright? The pains associated with cs is much ooo. I wonder why anyone would opt for it to maintain a tight puzzay..Anyway different strokes for different folks... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by red19: 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
@ op if u and ur hubby want more than just one child would u go for cs for all of them?I would suggest if u feel u r ok with it u can go for cs the first time and decide if u want to try it again for another childbirth afterall your hubby owns your body...lol.I have always heard people say the vaginal becomes loose after natural childbirth but personally I would say it depends on how u take care of your body.I have had four kids naturally and my hubby is still crazy about my body,he literarily wants to have me all the time.I think sitting on steamy bowl after birth and kegel helps and also good hygiene and exercises.U should read about it too and also talk it thru with your hubby

2 Likes

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Jamean(f): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mopricelezz:

I mean serious prayers that one shouldn't sneeze or cough, cos if you sneeze ehn especially if its those violent ones, omo the pain will be as if the stitches will open.. To now want to poop nkor, if the poop is hard, hmmmm, thats some terrible experience.. You cant turn to Sleep on your sides, you cant walk totally upright? The pains associated with cs is much ooo. I wonder why anyone would opt for it to maintain a tight puzzay..Anyway different strokes for different folks... lipsrsealed

It's unfortunate that the world has turned abnormalities because of exceptions to become a norm. Whatever rows your boat.
Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by RiloKiley: 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
None of you are answering the Op's question.

And a lot of the insults here are highly unnessecary.

@stylesco, yes the vagina changes after a normal delivery, but not so much. It depends on how the delivery went. If you have no tears it will slacken but just a little bit, nothing to be worried about. If you have a large tear during delivery and it isn't sutured back it will be slack as well. But you are giving birth in the U.S. I don't think they'll ignore a torn vagina over there.

Also note the kegel exercises that have been mentioned here more than once. It really works.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by RiloKiley: 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2016
What men really have issues with is the drop in libido for the woman after the first child. Most women seem to lose interest in sex after childbirth and despite getting help from nannies or even the man himself they simply aren't as interested in sex as they once were. I'm not quite sure the reason for this but I do know it affects a lot of women. That could be the reason the husband went philandering outside @goldenruby.

As per the topic, yes, most men's experience(including mine) is that the vagina loses its grip even if slightly but enough for us to feel the difference. However in the case of my madam kegel exercises helped a lot.
Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by onstelly(f): 2:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
I don't think going through c-section is the best, my sister did it with her first baby and I know what she went through, though not her choice to but due to complications and now she is pregnant again, she has been praying day and night for normal delivery.
My advice is go for normal delivery and do lots of exercise afterwards, it helps alot
Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by thorpido(m): 2:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
stylesco:

Thank you.
People find every reason to say horrible things to people they don't even know.

I'm having the baby in the us and he feels it's safer too.

Isn't it easier to talk about the issue instead of insulting/judging someone's personality.
You could decide to go ahead with the C-section but i must tell you,if it's just to keep the vagina tight,it's not worth the trouble.
It's safer to have the baby in the US but it doesn't change the effect it has on the body.
Bodies will change over time inevitably.You are going to breast.feed and boobs will not remain the same.
It really doesn't stop a man who wants to cheat.

1 Like

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by armyofone(m): 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
Doctors here in the US do not encourage CS due to complications...they tell you natural is the best.
Now you opting for it by demanding they do it just to keep your v tight. Are you planning to go through the knife for every pregnancy? If i were you, that husband of mine will go through questioning, test and examination to see if he really loves me or my labias.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mopricelezz:

Hmm I don't understand. I had cs and I didn't have this much pain. I was going up and down London on the 3rd day. I was given pain meds and I only felt a little bit of pain. Although the pain meds made me VERY constipated

2 Likes

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by rolled: 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
Lowest level of self esteem
Because of a man you go under a knife?
Someone that will still cheat on you
Don't you love yourself?na wa oh

2 Likes

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by RiloKiley: 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
rolled:
Lowest level of self esteem
Because of a man you go under a knife?
Someone that will still cheat on you
Don't you love yourself?na wa oh

Not all men cheat.

4 Likes

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by thorpido(m): 4:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
fem29:

Hmm I don't understand. I had cs and I didn't have this much pain. I was going up and down London on the 3rd day. I was given pain meds and I only felt a little bit of pain. Although the pain meds made me VERY constipated
It depends on individuals and the 'hand' of the surgeon i guess.I know someone who walked the same day the C-section was done.

1 Like

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Mopricelezz(f): 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
fem29:

Ma'am what I described above was mine... Praying my next should be a VD...
Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Sistem007(m): 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2016
The disadvantage of bringing ur family issues online. Now they have insulted ur husband and called him all sort of names and may have also instilled some degrading thoughts into ur head concerning ur husband and soon u guys will start having issues that may end up leading to divorce just co zoo this singular act of bringing this issue here. Why not just settle this with him personally.

6 Likes

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Dyt(f): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
Sucking tongue
Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Amhappy(f): 5:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
If you bring your issue on a place like this expect the good,the bad and the ugly but the fact remains that you will get the truth if you have the spirit of discernment.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by TamedWolf90: 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
Abeg Ishii, you no wan talk to me but your shares are popping up on my handle...

Cc: Ishilove
Re: Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. by Ishilove: 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
TamedWolf90:
Abeg Ishii, you no wan talk to me but your shares are popping up on my handle...

Cc: Ishilove
Huh? I'm sorry o. I have so many mentions that I sometimes miss some

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Marry A Lady Raised By A Single Parent / Nazira: Missing Child Found In Osogbo (Photo) / Come Lets Talk About Wedding/engagement Rings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.