Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? (4604 Views)

What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? / Who Is Jesus To You? / Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Hogwarts is in England, England exists, now prove to me that Harry Potter doesn't exist

oh! your proof would be the fact that the author said its fiction? the author is simply trying to keep that place secret so that guys like you don't go there for admission, I'm typing straight from Hogwarts right now

now, go do research and prove Hogwarts doesn't exist
LOlzzz. Is it everyone I will respond to?
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
ValentineMary:

Is it that u theist can't read or u just can't coherently understand simple statements? I said I believe he exist, I later said though there is no proof of his existence. That goes to show that my belief might be wrong and am not standing that it's 100% correct.
Okay, you never even was a Christ follower, you were a Mary follower, why haven't you tried finding out if Mary existed? Why so fixated on Christ? Spirit of the Antichrist
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by hopefulLandlord: 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
aaronson:
Op I like you curiosity but don't be misled by that anas guy analogy is misleading full of ignorance.

The dark age is little different from the medieval age but dude mixed both up and was even stating out places that never existed like Jesus Christ.

The era of the Roman empire was the dark age and was the last empire which birthed Europe.

The medieval era was immediately after the fall of the Roman empire which Jesus had no business being in that era of history.

Emperor Constantine made christianity the religion of the roman empire with no reference to Jesus whatsoever but the Catholic church.

The catholic mass murdered people who weren't christians even ISIS and the today terrorist group aren't killing people the way the catholics killed people, They also killed more people more than Stalin and the whole people killed in the WW2.

The Catholics came up with the idea of Jesus and the fiction of Mary's virgin birth of Jesus..... Bla bla bla.......They made up lots lots of things about Jesus but fact remain he's still a fiction character.

Till today no proof as regard the birth date and death date of Jesus eventhough we have the dates of people who existed before him.

Catholics/christianity is the worst thing that has ever happened to mankind.

exactly bro

they just created a problem (Hell) and proffered solution (heaven) fast

carrot and stick at it's best

they came to our lands and made their god our god

and the funniest part is that most Christians when having big problems go to our local gods for solution, once they have that solution, they go to church to give testimony on what "Jesus" did in their life

most Nigerians are Atheists that are just too scared to turn back, they're so deep in it that its better to keep deluding themselves than stop it

but when they see atheists like us, they have this surprise and admiration which they cover up with anger and threat of hell while privately debating whether they should continue or not in that gathering of deluded people

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

exactly bro

they just created a problem (Hell) and proffered solution (heaven) fast

carrot and stick at it's best

they came to our lands and made their god our god

and the funniest part is that most Christians when having big problems go to our local gods for solution, once they have that solution, they go to church to give testimony on what "Jesus" did in their life

most Nigerians are Atheists that are just too scared to turn back, they're so deep in it that its better to keep deluding themselves than stop it

but when they see atheists like us, they have this surprise and admiration which they cover up with anger and threat of hell while privately debating whether they should continue or not in that gathering of deluded people
Their problem is illiteracy and those privileged to get the education are also miseducated by teachers of the same backward society.

We just in position to enlightening them yet they see us as aliens. Its really funny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 9:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anas09:

No I personally have not, but I have around me about 10 Persons who have gone. I just don't see it as important. I don't need to go to those place to believe who Christ is.
Well mentioned all of the above, I see your problem is not with God, it's with Christ.
Okay fine sir, Christ never existed, go home now, have peace eat and drink. Do not allow Jesus talk bother you any more, just like I don't allow "New Age" bother me. But if you keep talking about this matter then, deep inside you know Jesus is truly Lord and one day you'll bow to him, that's why the whole thing is eating you up.
Take my advice and go in peace.
You have 10 persons who have gone and seen what? The ''relics'' of Jesus? What ''relics''? grin His tomb? Where? Did they show your ''10 friends'' his house too, and his descendants? What were the ''relics of Jesus'' they were shown? Did your friends research the authenticity of those claims? Or they just ''believed....''? Afterall, what a waste it would be to travel all those miles, and spend so much dollars, only to 'disbelieve' what one is shown... I guess they had little choice but to ''believe''...... Meanwhile, the sharp guys who showed them the ''relics'' are laughing all the way to the bank in Jerusalem.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by ValentineMary(m): 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anas09:

Okay, you never even was a Christ follower, you were a Mary follower, why haven't you tried finding out if Mary existed? Why so fixated on Christ? Spirit of the Antichrist
smh is that all u can say?
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by movingclouds(m): 11:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by movingclouds(m): 11:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
aaronson:
Their problem is illiteracy and those privileged to get the education are also miseducated by teachers of the same backward society.

We just in position to enlightening them yet they see us as aliens. Its really funny.

ofcourse they brought their God to us...in the same sense, they gave you atheism through their books...you'd probably be chewing kolanuts in front of a wooden deity like our fathers...where u born an atheist?..nope, a book turned u into one, u became a freethinker but still depends on what otber atheists write...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 1:15am On Jun 27, 2016
movingclouds:
www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources

www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/did-jesus-exist/

Before we can debate on this, may I see ur proofs on why u think he never existed

I don't understand you people.

If I asked you to provide evidence that Aristotle existed, you would go online and find the numerous references to his works and utterances from various writers and officials contemporary to his era. You might even find his burial place, and images of him here and there etc. Your research would take all of 5 minutes and no more, with his existence totally established.

What you would NOT do is demand that I ''show proofs why Aristotle never existed''.

You only respond in such a manner when you have no proof that your guy existed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by geoworldedu: 1:33am On Jun 27, 2016
Otemanuduno, come and see something here.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by hopefulLandlord: 2:36am On Jun 27, 2016
movingclouds:

ofcourse they brought their God to us...in the same sense, they gave you atheism through their books...you'd probably be chewing kolanuts in front of a wooden deity like our fathers...where u born an atheist?..nope, a book turned u into one, u became a freethinker but still depends on what otber atheists write...

All humans are born atheist bro, until we were indoctrinated

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Richirich713: 5:59am On Jun 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

Yes. Do ur research don't just believe what ur pastor says.

What research supports ur claim?
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by otemanuduno: 6:34am On Jun 27, 2016
Anas09:

Have you researched and found out he never existed? Let's start with you.
Let me help you a little in your research.

1. Find out if there was a Roman Empire?
2. Was there a time the Roman Empire occupied Judea?
3. Was there ever a Roman Emperor by name Caesar? Augustus? What Year Was that?
4. Find out if he ever call for a Census.
You see, that was when Jesus we born. During that Census.
5. Fine out if there is a Medo-Pasian Order today called Zoroasterianism.
You know why you shd know? This is why, the three wise men whose existence depended on stargazing (Astrology) were the ones who presented Christ with gifts when he was born.
And, how did they know about the Messiah that shd be born? Daniel left his books of prophesy in Babylon.

6. Is there a city called Bethlehem? That's were he was born.
7. Is there a Jerusalem today? He Died there.
8. Is there anywhere like Egypt today? He was taken there to keep him from being killed after the Zoroasterians went back to Pasia agaisnt Herod's orders.
9. Guy, The Nation of Israel is not a Christian nation, they don't believe in Christ as the Messiah, but what shd amaze you is this, why did they preserve relics of Christ' death and resurrection?
10. Are Jesus' prophesies coming to pass? Have you been on Nairaland? Am not even saying the world, I mean NL here.
Remember you don't need the Bible to find out these facts. So don't tell me, the Bible is a Fabled book. Pure history. Do your work.

Good luck with your research. Thank me later for cueing you up.

Anas09:

Have you researched and found out he never existed? Let's start with you.
Let me help you a little in your research.

1. Find out if there was a Roman Empire?
2. Was there a time the Roman Empire occupied Judea?
3. Was there ever a Roman Emperor by name Caesar? Augustus? What Year Was that?
4. Find out if he ever call for a Census.
You see, that was when Jesus we born. During that Census.
5. Fine out if there is a Medo-Pasian Order today called Zoroasterianism.
You know why you shd know? This is why, the three wise men whose existence depended on stargazing (Astrology) were the ones who presented Christ with gifts when he was born.
And, how did they know about the Messiah that shd be born? Daniel left his books of prophesy in Babylon.

6. Is there a city called Bethlehem? That's were he was born.
7. Is there a Jerusalem today? He Died there.
8. Is there anywhere like Egypt today? He was taken there to keep him from being killed after the Zoroasterians went back to Pasia agaisnt Herod's orders.
9. Guy, The Nation of Israel is not a Christian nation, they don't believe in Christ as the Messiah, but what shd amaze you is this, why did they preserve relics of Christ' death and resurrection?
10. Are Jesus' prophesies coming to pass? Have you been on Nairaland? Am not even saying the world, I mean NL here.
Remember you don't need the Bible to find out these facts. So don't tell me, the Bible is a Fabled book. Pure history. Do your work.

Good luck with your research. Thank me later for cueing you up.

Funny way to assert that Jesus Christ truly existed in our own world. Now see this story also and tell me if this man didn't exist:

[b] Now there was a time in the period of the reign of Yaradua, that a man called Keandre began to perform miracle. And Keandre cured 2,000,000 people of their blindness in Nigeria. Then did he have two hundred disciples. And Otemanuduno is one of his disciples. Realmindz also is one of his disciples. And Joseff14 is another disciple of Keandre the miracle worker.

Then a time came that the president of the country called Yaradua was about to die. Then Keandre sent to him by the hand of his disciple named Hardmirror, saying, Hardmirror, go now to Aso Rock and lay your hands on Yaradua and cure him. But when Hardmirror got to Ask Rock with Johnydon22, Turai Yaradua did not allow them enter to see the president. And in 2010 the president died.

Also, Keandre has prophesied that Dagrin will die except he comes to the temple to be prayed for. But Dagrin refused and did not pay Keandre a visit. So he had accident and died.

Behold, are all these things not written in the Song of The World by Johnydon22? cheesy [/b]

What you just see here is exactly how the bible is written. They add real-life people and happenings to their fictions. The fictional characters you will never find them in any other books except in the books of their co-story writer which they referred you to. But the real-life happening happened for real.
grin

Want more? See this...

Now in the year 2001 did I, Keandre, see a vision. And it was a vision of destruction that there was a bomb blast in Lagos. Now the vision was fulfilled on January 27, 2001 as I have said. The Ikeja Army Cantonment.

If someone writes all these things now, you will laugh because all the things has already happened before you are writing them, but after 2000 years those who read them will believe they actually happened because they will classify the period they are written and the period the things happened into the same category.

You will hear:

Written: Dated 2000AD - 2020AD
Actual Event: Dated 2000AD- 2020AD

WOW! WHAT A GREAT PROPHECY!!!

wonder where I got all these secrets from? THE DOCTUFOS; KNOLIUD 1:1-33
source: https://www.nairaland.com/3067722/mystery-prophecy

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 7:50am On Jun 27, 2016
otemanuduno:

Funny way to assert that Jesus Christ truly existed in our own world. Now see this story also and tell me if this man didn't exist:

[b] Now there was a time in the period of the reign of Yaradua, that a man called Keandre began to perform miracle. And Keandre cured 2,000,000 people of their blindness in Nigeria. Then did he have two hundred disciples. And Otemanuduno is one of his disciples. Realmindz also is one of his disciples. And Joseff14 is another disciple of Keandre the miracle worker.

Then a time came that the president of the country called Yaradua was about to die. Then Keandre sent to him by the hand of his disciple named Hardmirror, saying, Hardmirror, go now to Aso Rock and lay your hands on Yaradua and cure him. But when Hardmirror got to Ask Rock with Johnydon22, Turai Yaradua did not allow them enter to see the president. And in 2010 the president died.

Also, Keandre has prophesied that Dagrin will die except he comes to the temple to be prayed for. But Dagrin refused and did not pay Keandre a visit. So he had accident and died.

Behold, are all these things not written in the Song of The World by Johnydon22? cheesy [/b]

What you just see here is exactly how the bible is written. They add real-life people and happenings to their fictions. The fictional characters you will never find them in any other books except in the books of their co-story writer which they referred you to. But the real-life happening happened for real.
grin

Want more? See this...

Now in the year 2001 did I, Keandre, see a vision. And it was a vision of destruction that there was a bomb blast in Lagos. Now the vision was fulfilled on January 27, 2001 as I have said. The Ikeja Army Cantonment.

If someone writes all these things now, you will laugh because all the things has already happened before you are writing them, but after 2000 years those who read them will believe they actually happened because they will classify the period they are written and the period the things happened into the same category.

You will hear:

Written: Dated 2000AD - 2020AD
Actual Event: Dated 2000AD- 2020AD

WOW! WHAT A GREAT PROPHECY!!!

wonder where I got all these secrets from? THE DOCTUFOS; KNOLIUD 1:1-33
source: https://www.nairaland.com/3067722/mystery-prophecy

Stop skipping your meds man.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by movingclouds(m): 8:08am On Jun 27, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

All humans are born atheist bro, until we were indoctrinated

All humans are born atheists, like also, all born naked...someone had to place a cloth on you but you could have grown up to choose to walk naked..Someone chose what you'd wear but now u can choose your style...You have the right to choose and a right to serve...you reject the bible historians' write about Jesus and still doubt Tacitus'(a senator of the roman empire and a historian) Annal, that cleared there was a Christ and his followers were in Rome...If Christ was a political man, a freedom fighter, I think lot of Romans would write about his tyranny...He never went beyond Judea and wasn't even known by Pilate Pontius until taken before him...No Roman would write about him cos the Jews were under their control and I think if Christianity was made up by the Romans, Tacitus should have known since it'd be made up by Nero himself for a political reason but Costantine took advantage of the religion...now my question is, who lived before who, Tacitus or Costantine?
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 8:09am On Jun 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

smh is that all u can say?
LOlzzz, I shook my head at you in your dream?
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 8:25am On Jun 27, 2016
Rossikk:

You have 10 persons who have gone and seen what? The ''relics'' of Jesus? What ''relics''? grin His tomb? Where? Did they show your ''10 friends'' his house too, and his descendants? What were the ''relics of Jesus'' they were shown? Did your friends research the authenticity of those claims? Or they just ''believed....''? Afterall, what a waste it would be to travel all those miles, and spend so much dollars, only to 'disbelieve' what one is shown... I guess they had little choice but to ''believe''...... Meanwhile, the sharp guys who showed them the ''relics'' are laughing all the way to the bank in Jerusalem.
I thought I have given you leave of this issue?
Rosik, Jesus never existed. Now move along and so getting constipation.
Like I said, if you keep up with this, is because you know, he not only existed then, he us alive now, working amongst us.
It's not you per say, it's the demons domiciled inside of you. They are responsible for this your reactions. On the other hand, they must keep you deluded, while on the other hand, they can't rest knowing what will happen to them in the near future.

To show you how I react to stuff I consider irrelevant, I will ignore you from now henceforth. That's how I expect you to treat Jesus, if indeed he is irrelevant both to you and your world. Ignore him and stop talking about him.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 8:27am On Jun 27, 2016
Rossikk:

Like I said, if you keep up with this, is because you know, he not only existed then, he us alive now, working amongst us.
It's not you per say, it's the demons domiciled inside of you. They are responsible for this your reactions. On the other hand, they must keep you deluded, while on the other hand, they can't rest knowing what will happen to them in the near future.

To show you how I react to stuff I consider irrelevant, I will ignore you from now henceforth. That's how I expect you to treat Jesus, if indeed he is irrelevant both to you and your world. Ignore him and stop talking about him.
This thread is closed.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by otemanuduno: 8:56am On Jun 27, 2016
Anas09:

I do my Meditations every day. How about you, do you skip your meds?
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by ValentineMary(m): 9:21am On Jun 27, 2016
Richirich713:

What research supports ur claim?
Start with a simple wikipedia serch on when Nazareth was founded. Then u can advance to more documents thay show how the bible was gotten and compiled.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by thorpido(m): 10:06am On Jun 27, 2016
aaronson:
Op I like you curiosity but don't be misled by that anas guy analogy is misleading full of ignorance.

The dark age is little different from the medieval age but dude mixed both up and was even stating out places that never existed like Jesus Christ.

The era of the Roman empire was the dark age and was the last empire which birthed Europe.

The medieval era was immediately after the fall of the Roman empire which Jesus had no business being in that era of history.

Emperor Constantine made christianity the religion of the roman empire with no reference to Jesus whatsoever but the Catholic church.

The catholic mass murdered people who weren't christians even ISIS and the today terrorist group aren't killing people the way the catholics killed people, They also killed more people more than Stalin and the whole people killed in the WW2.

The Catholics came up with the idea of Jesus and the fiction of Mary's virgin birth of Jesus..... Bla bla bla.......They made up lots lots of things about Jesus but fact remain he's still a fiction character.

Till today no proof as regard the birth date and death date of Jesus eventhough we have the dates of people who existed before him.

Catholics/christianity is the worst thing that has ever happened to mankind.

What you wrote up there must make you feel good about yourself,innit?
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Richirich713: 11:10am On Jun 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

Start with a simple wikipedia serch on when Nazareth was founded. Then u can advance to more documents thay show how the bible was gotten and compiled.

OK this is what u said :

ValentineMary:

Jesus did exist but his story is mixed with many legends. The authors of the gospel were anonymous and it was wtitten hundreds of years after Jesus died. But there are no records of his existence though , no records of the earthquake they claimed happened at his death, no Nazareth until about 300AD, etc. So the gospel was just a made up story.

Here what I found so far on wiki regarding the Gospel of mark dating.

Wikipedia - "It was probably written c.AD 66–70, during Nero's persecution of the Christians in Rome or the Jewish revolt, as suggested by internal references to war in Judea and to persecution."

Link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Mark
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by damosky12(m): 11:25am On Jun 27, 2016
What does it mean to research in the first place? Search for his pictures? Have you read your history? All of those connected to the death of Jesus were real people, his Apostles who preached him were all real people, particularly proven and evidenced by the connection of their life and death to real life historical monuments still in existence today... Stop being ignorant. I have some secular historical remnants for you ignoramus.

Reporting on Emperor Nero's decision to blame the Christians for the fire that had destroyed Rome in A.D. 64, the Roman historian Tacitus wrote:

"Nero fastened the guilt ... on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of ... Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome..."

More

There are only a few clear references to Jesus in the Babylonian Talmud, a collection of Jewish rabbinical writings compiled between approximately A.D. 70-500. Given this time frame, it is naturally supposed that earlier references to Jesus are more likely to be historically reliable than later ones. In the case of the Talmud, the earliest period of compilation occurred between A.D. 70-200.[20] The most significant reference to Jesus from this period states:

"On the eve of the Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald ... cried, "He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy."

More history

According to his Wikipedia entry: “Titus Flavius Josephus (37 – c. 100), was a 1st-century Romano-Jewish historian and hagiographer of priestly and royal ancestry who recorded Jewish history, with special emphasis on the 1st century AD and the First Jewish–Roman War, which resulted in the Destruction of Jerusalem and its temple in 70.”

His most important works were The Jewish War (c. 75) and Antiquities of the Jews (c. 94).  The Jewish War recounts the Jewish revolt against Roman occupation (66–70). Antiquities of the Jews recounts the history of the world from a Jewish perspective for an ostensibly Roman audience. These works provide valuable insight into 1st century Judaism and the background of Early Christianity.

Josephus was a Jew who did not believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God or Christianity. In The Antiquities of the Jews, book 18, chapter 3, paragraph 3 the famous historian Flavius Josephus writes:

“Now, there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works—a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day.”

Later Josephus writes:

“But the younger Ananus who, as we said, received the high priesthood, was of a bold disposition and exceptionally daring; he followed the party of the Sadducees, who are severe in judgment above all the Jews, as we have already shown. As therefore Ananus was of such a disposition, he thought he had now a good opportunity, as Festus was now dead, and Albinus was still on the road; so he assembled a council of judges, and brought before it the brother of Jesus the so-called Christ, whose name was James, together with some others, and having accused them as law-breakers, he delivered them over to be stoned.”

Josephus considered one of the greatest historians of antiquity, independently provides proof and evidence that Jesus was a real person who did exist and also confirms the crucifixion of Jesus on the cross under the orders of Pontius Pilate, thus confirming the Biblical account as well.

More

Sextus Julius Africanus (c.160 – c.240) was a Christian traveller and historian of the late 2nd and early 3rd century AD. He is important chiefly because of his influence on Eusebius, on all the later writers of Church history among the Fathers, and on the whole Greek school of chroniclers
Julius Africanus quotes the writings of Tallus, who was a first century non-Christian historian. In his Chronicles, Africanus quoting the historian Tallus, explains the reason for it being so dark during the day time on the day of crucifixion of Jesus Christ:

“An eclipse of the sun’unreasonably, as it seems to me (unreasonably of course, because a solar eclipse could not take place at the time of the full moon, and it was at the season of the Paschal full moon that Christ died.”

Julius Africanus, Chronography, 18.

The importance of this quote is two fold as it shows: 1) non-Christian proof of Jesus’ existence and 2) yet another confirmation of the Bible’s account of Jesus’ crucifixion.

More

Lucian (Born 115 AD) was a well-known Greek satirist and traveling lecturer. More than eighty works bear his name. He mocked Christians in his writing, but at the same time provided evidence that Jesus really did exist:

“He was second only to that one whom they still worship today, the man in Palestine who was crucified because he brought this new form of initiation into the world.”

“Having convinced themselves that they are immortal and will live forever, the poor wretches despise death and most willingly give themselves to it. Moreover, that first lawgiver of theirs persuaded them that they are all brothers the moment they transgress and deny the Greek gods and begin worshiping that crucified sophist and living by his laws.”

“They scorn all possessions without distinction and treat them as community property. They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time.”

Doubting the existence of Jesus is a too faulty to be valid, given the supplusness of proves and even that the Jews who are opposed to his messiahdom, have it in history that there was such a man as Yeshua whose life almost perfectly alligns to new testament accounts if his person. You can accertain the veracity of that.

Doubting the existence of Jesus is not even an atheistic virtue. You should have considered: what if he did.

Don't be fooled. Jesus existed. He still is.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2016
Anas09:

He's educating you.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Ranchhoddas: 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Hogwarts is in England, England exists, now prove to me that Harry Potter doesn't exist

oh! your proof would be the fact that the author said its fiction? the author is simply trying to keep that place secret so that guys like you don't go there for admission, I'm typing straight from Hogwarts right now

now, go do research and prove Hogwarts doesn't exist
I hope you are prepared for our Quidditch game today. We Ravenclaws are going to kick your Slytherin asses.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
Anas09:

Ignorant, semi-literate peabrain. I was wondering how long it would take you to attribute my stance to "the devil" and "demons''. Just another brainwashed, dumb African dissuaded from using her brain. Walking dunce. Just get your nasty, bush self out of this place and go mix with those on your level.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2016
Richirich713:

OK this is what u said :

Wikipedia - "It was probably written c.AD 66–70, during Nero's persecution of the Christians in Rome or the Jewish revolt, as suggested by internal references to war in Judea and to persecution."

Right, so, the so-called Son of God supposedly came to earth, and not a single word was written about him until 70 years AFTER he 'left', and you find nothing odd about that? That's like nobody writing a single word about Nelson Mandela anywhere on earth until the year 2060. Is that conceivable?
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Richirich713: 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2016
Rossikk:
Right, so, the so-called Son of God supposedly came to earth, and not a single word was written about him until 70 years AFTER he 'left', and you find nothing odd about that? That's like nobody writing a single word about Nelson Mandela anywhere on earth until the year 2060. Is that conceivable?

"not a single word was written about him until 70 years AFTER he 'left' "

U sure about that?
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
damosky12:
What does it mean to research in the first place? Search for his pictures? Have you read your history? All of those connected to the death of Jesus were real people, his Apostles who preached him were all real people, particularly proven and evidenced by the connection of their life and death to real life historical monuments still in existence today... Stop being ignorant. I have some secular historical remnants for you ignoramus.

Reporting on Emperor Nero's decision to blame the Christians for the fire that had destroyed Rome in A.D. 64, the Roman historian Tacitus wrote:

"Nero fastened the guilt ... on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of ... Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome..."

More

There are only a few clear references to Jesus in the Babylonian Talmud, a collection of Jewish rabbinical writings compiled between approximately A.D. 70-500. Given this time frame, it is naturally supposed that earlier references to Jesus are more likely to be historically reliable than later ones. In the case of the Talmud, the earliest period of compilation occurred between A.D. 70-200.[20] The most significant reference to Jesus from this period states:

"On the eve of the Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald ... cried, "He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy."

More history

According to his Wikipedia entry: “Titus Flavius Josephus (37 – c. 100), was a 1st-century Romano-Jewish historian and hagiographer of priestly and royal ancestry who recorded Jewish history, with special emphasis on the 1st century AD and the First Jewish–Roman War, which resulted in the Destruction of Jerusalem and its temple in 70.”

His most important works were The Jewish War (c. 75) and Antiquities of the Jews (c. 94).  The Jewish War recounts the Jewish revolt against Roman occupation (66–70). Antiquities of the Jews recounts the history of the world from a Jewish perspective for an ostensibly Roman audience. These works provide valuable insight into 1st century Judaism and the background of Early Christianity.

Josephus was a Jew who did not believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God or Christianity. In The Antiquities of the Jews, book 18, chapter 3, paragraph 3 the famous historian Flavius Josephus writes:

“Now, there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works—a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day.”

Later Josephus writes:

“But the younger Ananus who, as we said, received the high priesthood, was of a bold disposition and exceptionally daring; he followed the party of the Sadducees, who are severe in judgment above all the Jews, as we have already shown. As therefore Ananus was of such a disposition, he thought he had now a good opportunity, as Festus was now dead, and Albinus was still on the road; so he assembled a council of judges, and brought before it the brother of Jesus the so-called Christ, whose name was James, together with some others, and having accused them as law-breakers, he delivered them over to be stoned.”

Josephus considered one of the greatest historians of antiquity, independently provides proof and evidence that Jesus was a real person who did exist and also confirms the crucifixion of Jesus on the cross under the orders of Pontius Pilate, thus confirming the Biblical account as well.

More

Sextus Julius Africanus (c.160 – c.240) was a Christian traveller and historian of the late 2nd and early 3rd century AD. He is important chiefly because of his influence on Eusebius, on all the later writers of Church history among the Fathers, and on the whole Greek school of chroniclers
Julius Africanus quotes the writings of Tallus, who was a first century non-Christian historian. In his Chronicles, Africanus quoting the historian Tallus, explains the reason for it being so dark during the day time on the day of crucifixion of Jesus Christ:

“An eclipse of the sun’unreasonably, as it seems to me (unreasonably of course, because a solar eclipse could not take place at the time of the full moon, and it was at the season of the Paschal full moon that Christ died.”

Julius Africanus, Chronography, 18.

The importance of this quote is two fold as it shows: 1) non-Christian proof of Jesus’ existence and 2) yet another confirmation of the Bible’s account of Jesus’ crucifixion.

More

Lucian (Born 115 AD) was a well-known Greek satirist and traveling lecturer. More than eighty works bear his name. He mocked Christians in his writing, but at the same time provided evidence that Jesus really did exist:

“He was second only to that one whom they still worship today, the man in Palestine who was crucified because he brought this new form of initiation into the world.”

“Having convinced themselves that they are immortal and will live forever, the poor wretches despise death and most willingly give themselves to it. Moreover, that first lawgiver of theirs persuaded them that they are all brothers the moment they transgress and deny the Greek gods and begin worshiping that crucified sophist and living by his laws.”

“They scorn all possessions without distinction and treat them as community property. They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time.”

Doubting the existence of Jesus is a too faulty to be valid, given the supplusness of proves and even that the Jews who are opposed to his messiahdom, have it in history that there was such a man as Yeshua whose life almost perfectly alligns to new testament accounts if his person. You can accertain the veracity of that.

Doubting the existence of Jesus is not even an atheistic virtue. You should have considered: what if he did.

Don't be fooled. Jesus existed. He still is.

It's obvious you're new to all this. We are familiar with all those quotes you posted, but they've been long discredited, either for fraudulent interpolation, or for lacking contemporaneity with the 'Jesus' character. In other words the references to Jesus must be made by those alive at the same time as he supposedly lived. Any references to him made AFTER his 'life' do not constitute evidence, but hearsay.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by ValentineMary(m): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
Richirich713:

OK this is what u said :

That's what the catholic church has popularized for several years. But Let me break it down. Nazareth was founded around 300 AD according to the same wikipedia. Now if Mark was written in about 70 AD, why was Nazareth mentioned in Mark? Do u see a clear contradiction now
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 2:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
Richirich713:

"not a single word was written about him until 70 years AFTER he 'left' "

U sure about that?
1000% sure. The "New Testament" was written around 70 years after the alleged 'ascension of Jesus'. And it was written anonymously. The names "Matthew", ''Luke", "Mark" etc were attached to the various texts, but no such people existed. Theologians will tell you all this stuff for free. Your pastor won't because he has no clue. And if he did, he would keep quiet because he needs your tithe.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
One more thing. There is not a single eyewitness account of 'Jesus' anywhere in the world. Not even in the bible, where the gospel accounts are written in the third person. Thus we have no single account by anyone who wrote "I was with Jesus", or "I spoke to Jesus'', or "I saw Jesus'' etc etc. All accounts are in the third person, as in.."the Lord said to Peter..", or ''Jesus said to Satan on the mountain..''don't tempt me'"... etc..
Don't even bother asking who was there witnessing the discussion between the two, to write down.

The NT texts are the very underpinnings of fiction writing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christians Should Not Drink Alcohol - Perry Stone / The Fallacious Christian Mathematics / CONTROVERSY: Biblical Linking Of Arch-angel Michael And Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.