Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential (91240 Views)

State Viability Index: Full list from Economic Confidential - Vanguard / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index / Internally Generated Revenue: State Governors Target N1.1 Trillion IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by EdoBoy90(m): 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
muller101:
edo boy have u gone into agriculture yet?
. on process. Edo state is the first richest state in naija. People that underrate us, we come and look for job in Edo State we Dangote has completed his $1bn cement factory. Just Google it and see for urself.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by otokx(m): 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
asha90:
Anambra is currently on the top 10 states with the largest IGR.

By next year Anambra should be on the top 5, I see that already because the IGR will climb to over 24billion by December this year.

Anambra is just chopping all the savings Ada Obi left, in about 2 years time or less fowl yansh go open.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by baba4gals(m): 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
ERONX:
Imagine Nigerians.......
Oxford DICTIONARY: New word inclusion.
BUHARI
/boo-ha-ree:/
Noun: buhari
1. hard, hardship, difficult, harsh, tough;
e.g "The economy is now buhari for the masses"
Synonyms: onerous, strenuous, arduous
grueling, painful, hellish;
Antonyms: easy, smooth, simple.
Verb: buharify, buharicate,
buharification;
2. to make complex, worse, unbearable;
e.g "Please don't come and buharicate issues here"
"The only way to reduce applicants is to buharify the process"
Synonyms: complicate, exacerbate, degenerate;
Antonyms: simplify, ameliorate.
Adjective: buharific
3. terrible, hectic, difficult;
Synonyms: tough, back-breaking, intricate, knotty,thorny;
Antonyms: fantastic, splendid, pleasant.
e.g "How was your final exams? It was buharific!!!" Good night friends.
you are making fayose here, if you don't know what to say keep quiet and don't make fayose

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by EdoBoy90(m): 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
muller101:
edo boy have u gone into agriculture yet?
. on process. Edo state is the first richest state in naija. People that underrate us, we come and look for job in Edo State when Dangote has completed his $1bn cement factory. Just Google it and see for urself. BUA cement factory phase 2 is going on and is $500000m project.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Yorubanews: 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
Lagos and Ogun repping Yoruba states well grin

Oyo with its huge landmass and population should be pulling weights too.

6 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by PigMeat: 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
otokx:

Tourism that exists only in TV Adverts, kidnappers and cultists have since taken over Calabar.
oga, cultism and kidnapping exists more in delta and rivers than cross river, are they not doing well still? Who told u it only a tv adverts? If you said ayade is not being truthful with the igr generated i would understand.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by asha90: 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
What is this clown yapping about?

Anambra IGR grew from 500m/month in 2014 to 1.3b/month in 2015. By December 2016 it will be over 2b/month. You think na moimoi..

[s]
otokx:

Anambra is just chopping all the savings Ada Obi left, in about[s]2 years time or less fowl yansh go open.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by defash8: 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
The 30years of Lagos been capital & situation of sea-port has been advantage, so comparing this with Ekiti is a total mismatch. Lagos state population with almost all corporate HQ is also advantage, so comparing Ambode with Fayose is also a mismatch.

All said & done, Fayose should think out of the box. He can form strategic alliance with rich state in order to generate revenue. He should focus on state core competences.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by gotnel: 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
Under no circumstances should Ekiti be rated among the poor state with all the great minds people of Ekiti possessed. This is totally a function of failed leadership.
Instead of Fayose to put up his thinking cap and grow the economy of Ekiti!, he is busy visiting the market for cheap popularity.

2 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Wize1: 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
JingoOAU:
Fayosheeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy

Busy cutting PONMO everywhere instead of looking for ways to intensify efforts in generating more IGR

Fayemi was generating as much as 600million monthly then...presently, Ekiti is generating less than 100million per month

I've been wanting to ask this question for long, and I wouldn't mind if someone can tell me point blank

Is just that.......

Where was Fayose working before he became governor in 2013?

Working u say? That's exactly the problem with politicians and government institutions in this country.People attain positions their experience never qualifies for. All that is required is be a thug and be able to scheme your ways to position. But then we forget that being a governor for instance is akin to being a CEO of a very structured and high performance organosation, like a multinational. The day to day running activities and KPIs are not diffetent. Yet we have guys who have never used Excel sheets or Power Point in their lives, nor lead any high performance project teams becoming governors, and then we expect miracles. No it doesn't work. Nobody succeeds by mere happenstance, infact hope is not a strategy. Experience counts a lot in everything and leaders have to constantly stay ahead of the pack in areas of knowledge and skill improvemet. It's not by chance people like Willie Obiano, Ambode, Fashole et all performed and are performing as excellent governors. There's a track record of organisational experience. Shikena!!!

9 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by HomeOfMe(f): 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
molydonhenry:
Thank God 4 my state delta, for my resident state rivers and for my wife's state Anambra
I'm also from delta state,but I'm not impressed with delta and rivers being two of the oil producing states which were supposed the be numbers 1 and 2 respectively if not that we've had very selfish and greedy govs without foresight and innovation. Yes Lagos was former federal capital,so it has always been well developed infrastructure wise;but at the same time,lagos has had very smart govs. Delta and rivers should wake up from their slumber!

2 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by StepTwo: 8:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
PigMeat:

cross river is not even in the list. I have done a review many times still i cant find it. Have u found it?.

yea, i saw her at number 11, way above 25 other states, that doesnt look so bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Bluffly: 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
StepTwo:
this is really bad. over dependence on federal revenue is killing most states.

but whatsa up with Cross River with all her tourism, i always expect to see that state among the top 5 when it comes to IGR.

Success requires continuous efforts. So for Cross Rivers, it's not enough to justs start without improving the tourist centres and developing programmes and strategies to keep attracting people.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by onatisi(m): 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2016
These governors now have an excuse to beg for federal bailout again.exactly what they have been waiting for

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Daplux4: 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
kaorama:
Who cars? Rocha's has the blueprint to scam FG and collect money for frivolity

Which car, please

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by AleAirHub(m): 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
God Bless My State EDO & Delta State Our Closer FRIEND cheesy cheesy cheesy.....

Bendel
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by StepTwo: 8:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
Bluffly:
Success requires continuous efforts. So for Cross Rivers, it's not enough to justs start without improving the tourist centres and developing programmes and strategies to keep attracting people.

seriously, ceding of the oil wells to Akwa Ibom dealt a heavy blow on the state., imagin cattle ranch, tinapa, marina resort and so on are only now visited by students either on excussion or just normal recreation.

the E.P.Z located there has almost completely lost government's attention.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by HopeAtHand: 8:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
EteEdoho:
North,to me is simply a dead heavy weight on the rest of us,sentiment aside!.

Imagine amidst the 19 northern states,its only Kano that beat the rubicon of bankrupt states,the rest 18 are as good as dead?.

Despite haven sapped the better part of our national life,by ruling more than 39yrs out of our 50+years of our nationhood,north has continued to remain a wicked parasite on the rest of us,more reason a call for true federalism or outright division,to them it's an invitation for. Truly i do understand,but i av' got to be blunt,it's time to cut down any tree that isn't bearing fruht!.

Therefore,still on the spirit of #BREXIT,i say let #BIAFREXIT be maintained,and the tempo hightened.

I AM VOTING OUT!.

If Nigeria reverts to true fiscal federalism, i'd love to see what figures Lagos state will post.. and the figures for Rivers.

Sincerely, Rivers state has prospects. Only if Amaechi and Wike can keep politics aside and forge ahead, get our ports functional, deal with cultism and invest on Greater Port Harcourt (GPH), i see us getting closer to Lagos states IGR in a few years time.

2 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by nextstep(m): 8:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Anambra state.
We don't have big companies, we don't have oil, we don't have tourist attractions, we are a small state.

But we are the richest state in Nigeria and the economy or the state of the government doesn't affect us.

We are the king

What are you talking about? Anambra generated N14.793bn and received N63.65nb, for an IRG/FED ratio of 23%. It doesn't generate oil revenue (as you say), has a lot of trade, yet is highly dependent on the federal government. It's revenue of N14.793bn is towards the lower end of the spectrum.

3 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by molydonhenry(m): 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
[/color]
HomeOfMe:
I'm also from delta state,but I'm not impressed with delta and rivers being two of the oil producing states which were supposed the be numbers 1 and 2 respectively if not that we've had very selfish and greedy govs without foresight and innovation. Yes Lagos was former federal capital,so it has always been well developed infrastructure wise;but at the same time,lagos has had very smart govs. Delta and rivers should wake up from their slumber!
[color=#006600]
HomeOfMe:
HomeOfMe:
Yeah you are on this. The gap between lagos and Rivers/delta is very alarming, our leaders have been terrible. i know Delta is capable of generating 120bn per yr
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Abagworo(m): 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
Onenaira600:
I'm not even going to say anything. I'm not even going to say anything.

But I see people who told us they have the biggest IGR in south ranking lower than both SS and SE states.

As for Imo state, they seriously need to kick other rochas. Seriously

Sometimes we need to look deep into issues before drawing conclusions. If Imo State starts charging school fees they can raise 2billion every month from school fees alone. Okorocha does not want that maybe because he feels that's what the masses benefit most from Government. IMHO he should stop the free education, charge school fees and raise money for the State. He can charge SS1 to SS3 and all tertiary institutions.

From what I've come to learn both on and offline many people do not appreciate the sacrifice of free education and will never do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by tdayof(m): 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
Oyo coming out 7th and someone will come here and shout brown roof city while his or her state can afford less than this mega state.

6 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by SamMilla1(m): 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
Emancipation:
There is no reason why Abia and Anambra shouldnt be ahead of Enugu. Abosulutely none. Even small ebonyi state is flexing hard.

It seems you don't know Enugu
That's one place people respect themselves

3 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by UNIBENDON: 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
nickxtra:
Am proud of Gov. Oshiomole of Edo state. From a mere 3 billion Naira IGR generated annually, you came and by your courage, wisdom and a team of capable hands, including Mr. Godwin Obaseki, you took IGR of the State to almost 20 billion Naira per year, making the State one of the few viable states in Nigeria, yet some fools want Edo state to slip back into the hands of those that almost ruined it.
Oshiomole is a wise governor and that's why he went for Obaseki! With Obaseki,Edo state is rest assured of excellent governance for the next 4 to 8 years. Godwin Obaseki is well grounded in Finance and he has had a good Finance Education from his Investment Banking background.

3 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by hordomodey(m): 9:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
so osun escape d list.tank god for my state dis tym.so osun escape d list.tank god for my state dis tym.so osun escape d list.tank god for my state dis tym.

2 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Bluffly: 9:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
StepTwo:

seriously, ceding of the oil wells to Akwa Ibom dealt a heavy blow on the state., imagin cattle ranch, tinapa, marina resort and so on are only now visited by students either on excussion or just normal recreation.

the E.P.Z located there has almost completely lost government's attention.

It is cancerous to sob over lost resources. Oil is not the surviving source for world powers so why can't the state put up strategic thinking caps and get the state moving on.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Mememan: 9:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
ERONX:
Imagine Nigerians.......
BUHARI
Verb: buharify, buharicate,
buharification;
2. to make complex, worse, unbearable;
e.g "Please don't come and buharicate issues here"
"The only way to reduce applicants is to buharify the process"
Synonyms: complicate, exacerbate, degenerate;
Antonyms: simplify, ameliorate.
Adjective: buharific
3. terrible, hectic, difficult;
Synonyms: tough, back-breaking, intricate, knotty,thorny;
Antonyms: fantastic, splendid, pleasant.
e.g "How was your final exams? It was buharific!!!" Good night friends.
Weyrey

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by gud4dbest(m): 9:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
ERONX:
Imagine Nigerians.......
BUHARI
go back to school and learn what the part of speech 'NOUN' is all abt.U try cha!I cant help but to laf;thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Stanbeto: 9:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
Nice Report o IGR tins
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by akdam: 9:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
Bros, where is the source of your information that Fayemi generates 600millions monthly when he was the governor of ekiti state. Thanks.
JingoOAU:
Fayosheeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy

Busy cutting PONMO everywhere instead of looking for ways to intensify efforts in generating more IGR

Fayemi was generating as much as 600million monthly then...presently, Ekiti is generating less than 100million per month

I've been wanting to ask this question for long, and I wouldn't mind if someone can tell me point blank

Is just that.......

Where was Fayose working before he became governor in 2013?
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Korrection(m): 9:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
This is Tony Kabaka..Bob Izuas younger brother talking grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
nickxtra:
Am proud of Gov. Oshiomole of Edo state. From a mere 3 billion Naira IGR generated annually, you came and by your courage, wisdom and a team of capable hands, including Mr. Godwin Obaseki, you took IGR of the State to almost 20 billion Naira per year, making the State one of the few viable states in Nigeria, yet some fools want Edo state to slip back into the hands of those that almost ruined it.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by investnow2013: 9:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
Abagworo:

Sometimes we need to look deep into issues before drawing conclusions. If Imo State starts charging school fees they can raise 2billion every month from school fees alone. Okorocha does not want that maybe because he feels that's what the masses benefit most from Government. IMHO he should stop the free education, charge school fees and raise money for the State. He can charge SS1 to SS3 and all tertiary institutions.

From what I've come to learn both on and offline many people do not appreciate the sacrifice of free education and will never do.
Why not Imo charge school fees? This will help to create employment and also increase the Igr of the state!.Our governors should be send on crash course on simply economics!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Teargas Davido At PDP Presidential Convention In Port Harcourt / See What Boko Haram Did To Cattle After Poisoning Water Sources In Borno..photos / Goodluck Jonathan At Heathrow In London Without The Bowler Hat (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.