Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently (2312 Views)

FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by kokozain(m): 6:55am On Jun 27, 2016
VICE PRESIDENT, YEMI OSINBAJO, GOV. AMBODE, MINISTERS ON INSPECTION TOUR OF DANGOTE’S LEKKI REFINERY, PETROCHEMICAL PROJECTS
JUNE 26, 2016 SHERIFAT LEAVE A COMMENT
Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo with Lagos state governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, and some Ministers took an inspection tour of the Dangote Lekki Refinery and Petrochemical projects yesterday, Saturday June 25th. Osinbajo after the inspection, said the project is an incredible industrial undertaken, being the largest and the most ambitious in Africa.

Osinbajo who was accompanied on the inspection by the Ministers for Finance, Kemi Adeosun; Solid Minerals, Dr. Kayode Fayemi and Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola and Industry, Trade and Investment, Okechukwu Enelamah, said the Gas Project upon completion has the capacity to produce about three billion cubic feet of gas daily, which would permanently address the two billion cubic feet daily gas required to power the country.
“This is incredible if that can be done because it would be a major strategic asset for Nigeria, It would boost our power supply tremendously,” the Vice President said.

On his part, the Lagos state governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, said the project when completed would have great multiplier effects on the nation’s economy:
“Firstly, there is a refinery project that is ongoing, second there is a petrochemical project that is also ongoing. There is pipeline transfer project that brings gas from Bonny down to Olokonla and down to Lekki and then the fourth one is the fertilizer project all in one location.”

The governor said the projects would also be critical to the economic growth of the Lagos East and West Senatorial Districts which according to him, will be open to massive investment opportunities on completion.

Governor Ambode said the decision of the Vice President to lead the inspection visit to the projects was a signpost to the benefits inherent not just for the State but to the nation. He assured that his administration would provide the necessary support to ensure that the projects are completed within schedule.

“The coming of the Vice President to inspect this project is instructive and a sign post that the Federal Government is in support of what is going on us and the truth is this, we might not be able to show you all that is going on here but in another few weeks, we will do an aerial view of this project and also do a documentary because for the very first time we are going to have a Petrochemical project that is coming on stream by December 2017; a Refinery that is coming on stream by the first quarter of 2019 and also the Gas project that is coming on stream by 2018. You can just imagine or visualize what that means to the economy of Lagos,” Governor Ambode said.

Ambode added that apart from the 135,000 direct jobs that will be created from the projects, another 100,000 indirect jobs would be generated while income accruable to the Federal Government would be in the region of over $500million in three years.
“It is important that we understand the debt of what has happened here and also use it as a platform to encourage other investors that Lagos is on the rise and the future of Lagos is very bright,” the Governor said.
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by brightology3: 6:58am On Jun 27, 2016
You mean one man will do what a whole government cannot do? ok
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by jtwest(m): 6:58am On Jun 27, 2016
Cos dangote na our president abi? Mtcheew
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by AbbieGee1(f): 7:01am On Jun 27, 2016
FTC thieves! angry

the project is an incredible industrial undertaken"-why not,when yall are either blinded or your sanity has been bought(they'll say anything)

Long story,I ddnt read undecided

1 Like

Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by kingdenny(m): 7:05am On Jun 27, 2016
Verily verily I say to thee, Dangote is richer than a country called Nigeria,
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by lorbah001(m): 7:06am On Jun 27, 2016
kingdenny:
Verily verily I say to thee, Dangote is richer than a country called Nigeria,

Verily verily I say unto you, flourishing businessmen in a country enhance the wellness of that nation.

I'd prefer we av indigenous billionaires developing our economy to foreigners subjecting our youths to modern servitude in the form of employment

Remember! Even US is a capitalist, u know what that mean?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by psucc(m): 7:17am On Jun 27, 2016
Unless all the generator importers are first killed and himself Dangote, then things will begin to take shape in Nigeria.

If not, wuruwuru is the hallmark of this country.
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by Onyi4live(m): 7:19am On Jun 27, 2016
I wish Mr Aliko Dangote would aspire for president in 2019 under any political party.. I shall vote and even borrow other peoples dumb to vote..

Long live Dangote
Long live Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by Tunechi1(m): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2016
This man no go buy naija
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 27, 2016
Hmmm. But it seems the gas will still be coming from the Niger Delta.

Anyway, if this will solve the power problem in Naija, let it be. Me sef don tire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by Achuwa1(m): 7:58am On Jun 27, 2016
this Northerners cant take their eyes off Niger Delta oil.
so they running pipe from Niger delta to feed Dangote refinery in Lagos Crude instead of building the refinery in Niger Delta or even ondo or Edo state thts is close to Niger Delta if they feel ss is not safe.
I guess Dangote just made they greatest mistake of building the refinery in Sw coz no crude from ss will be moved to Lagos for refining in tht refinery coz its obvious the North & sw are co collaborators in taking other tribes of the country down for their selfish interest.
Lets wait for the crude to start moving sw then for refining but i strongly advise Dangote to start making alternative arrangement for crude he will refine there coz we ss will definitely resist this plot.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by ckmayoca: 8:01am On Jun 27, 2016
And Dangote didn't campaign with it for election oh.

Dango baba, keep the good work up.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by Histrings08(m): 8:08am On Jun 27, 2016
Do it on time pls
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by dapsonlou(m): 8:09am On Jun 27, 2016
Achuwa1:
so they running pipe from Niger delta to feed Dangote refinery in Lagos Crude instead of building the refinery in Niger Delta or even ondo or Edo state thts is close to Niger Delta if they feel ss is not safe.
I guess Dangote just made they greatest mistake of building the refinery in Sw coz no crude from ss will be moved to Lagos for refining in tht refinery coz its obvious the North & sw are co collaborators in taking other tribes of the country down for their selfish interest.
Lets wait for the crude to start moving sw then for refining but i strongly advise Dangote to start making alternative arrangement for crude he will refine there coz we ss will definitely resist this plot.

It's in Lagos because he know your people will start blowing it up and start kidnapping the staff. Ss is a bad investment

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by Achuwa1(m): 8:33am On Jun 27, 2016
dapsonlou(m): 8:09am

It's in Lagos because he know your people will start blowing it up and start kidnapping the staff. Ss is a bad investment

is Edo & Ondo state not safe aswel ?
Anyway,there is no more free oyel in Nigelta Delta & hope he has other places he is going to source for crude coz refinery not an easy business to run if u dont have crude to process.
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by Peteru64(m): 8:55am On Jun 27, 2016
Achuwa1:
... Baba jxt stay current u think all d oil comes 4rm ND n bsides he owns his money he can invest anywhere he lyks nt where hez workers ll be taken as hostage
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by femicyrus(m): 9:12am On Jun 27, 2016
Lesson for all investors: 1 Don't invest your money in the Niger delta region. 2 No insurance for life & property 3 Even the president cannot visit the region anymore 4 they are good people but some times very destructive
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by Ovamboland(m): 9:17am On Jun 27, 2016
Achuwa1:

Shallow brain, you are happy Niger Delta oil is refined in USA, India, Singapore, Spain, South Africa, Co 'de Ivoire, Senegal but bitter it will be refined in Lagos and you still believe you're not a mental slave?

Will the Dangote refinery get the crude for free? Why not contribute yur quota to attract such investments to your community rather than envy others? You so deeply hate progress of fellow countrymen, Africans more than foreigners, i pray for deliverance for your type

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by gateleo(m): 9:24am On Jun 27, 2016
Achuwa1:

Keep ranting.....fo.l....
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by Achuwa1(m): 9:35am On Jun 27, 2016
Ovamboland(m): 9:17am

Shallow brain, you are happy Niger Delta oil is refined in USA, India, Singapore, Spain, South Africa, Co 'de Ivoire, Senegal but bitter it will be refined in Lagos and you still believe you're not a mental slave?

Will the Dangote refinery get the crude for free? Why not contribute yur quota to attract such investments to your community rather than envy others? You so deeply hate progress of fellow countrymen, Africans more than foreigners, i pray for deliverance for your type\

Revenue from crude proceeds dont go to my ppl but its goes to the oil block owners which are the Northerners & the rest goes to Nigeria which colllect there own share & split what is left to the 36 states.
but when i say gudbye to Nigeria,sales from my crude will go strictly to my community & my pple coz i wount even need to refine them abroad but will refine them in my region then sell the refined products to those country u listed.
u can see nw tht its better tht way then sharing my resources with ppl i caLL foreigners like u.
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by kumulus(m): 10:19am On Jun 27, 2016
jtwest:
Cos dangote na our president abi? Mtcheew

He doesn't have to be the president....
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by kumulus(m): 10:23am On Jun 27, 2016
Achuwa1:

Tribalism is an issue I think you should address. This is business, you look for the best opportunities. He should build the refineries in ss where he would need allocate extra funds for security àbí when he can have it in Lagos and spend shikini money for gatekeepers, internal security and a few bucks for maritime securities and not militants. Nigeria is in the rise...b a partner broda
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by jtwest(m): 11:11am On Jun 27, 2016
kumulus:

He doesn't have to be the president....

Well technically he has to be, cos money Can't solve the problem of electricity in this country, its way more complex than that.
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by kumulus(m): 11:44am On Jun 27, 2016
jtwest:

Well technically he has to be, cos money Can't solve the problem of electricity in this country, its way more complex than that.

Technically.... See bruh, businessmen and entrepreneurs are the ones that bring in the much needed development to any nation. Apparently what you're trying to say now is that YOU have to be the president of the nation in order to contribute your own part of national development. Look beyond your nose brother, the power situation in this country will continue to be under sabotage if we keep depending on our government to fix it. Some people even don't believe in all these Dangote schemes but they'd be very well shocked in a few years... Lagos State is setting a standard for Africa, taking cue from places like China and Dubai. Dangote is only being 'smarter' putting his companies upfront in the energy sector. Na small by small the man dey turn the big boss of Africa and just before most people realizes, he would have his name topping all major sectors in the country and Africa.... I believe you know what day means (CONTROL).....now that's the real presidency and not anyone based in Aso Rock or elsewhere.
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by egopersonified(f): 1:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
This isn't the only billionaire in Nigeria, feel free to build yours wherever you like. His money, his decision.
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by jtwest(m): 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
kumulus:

Technically.... See bruh, businessmen and entrepreneurs are the ones that bring in the much needed development to any nation. Apparently what you're trying to say now is that YOU have to be the president of the nation in order to contribute your own part of national development. Look beyond your nose brother, the power situation in this country will continue to be under sabotage if we keep depending on our government to fix it. Some people even don't believe in all these Dangote schemes but they'd be very well shocked in a few years... Lagos State is setting a standard for Africa, taking cue from places like China and Dubai. Dangote is only being 'smarter' putting his companies upfront in the energy sector. Na small by small the man dey turn the big boss of Africa and just before most people realizes, he would have his name topping all major sectors in the country and Africa.... I believe you know what day means (CONTROL).....now that's the real presidency and not anyone based in Aso Rock or elsewhere.

Bro don't get me wrong, ain't talking about development or dangote as an entrepreneur or the possibilities from setting things up in Nigeria and Africa its just that dangote solving the problem of electricity by building refineries is alittle overkilling, the problems are in different phases and it's well rigid in the fundamental issues the country is facing, even if he makes available the gas we need, there is part of distribution company, the consumers, those that import Gen and fuel amidst other issues, so I guess it will take more than dangote or even one Mr president to solve the issue of electricity. No qualms tho! #respect
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by Izonpikin: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
Then why wasn't dangote elected as Nigerias president...
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by kumulus(m): 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
jtwest:

Bro don't get me wrong, ain't talking about development or dangote as an entrepreneur or the possibilities from setting things up in Nigeria and Africa its just that dangote solving the problem of electricity by building refineries is alittle overkilling, the problems are in different phases and it's well rigid in the fundamental issues the country is facing, even if he makes available the gas we need, there is part of distribution company, the consumers, those that import Gen and fuel amidst other issues, so I guess it will take more than dangote or even one Mr president to solve the issue of electricity. No qualms tho! #respect

you be boss jare! cool
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by kumulus(m): 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
Izonpikin:
Then why wasn't dangote elected as Nigerias president...

Cos he wasn't in the runnings
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by orisa37: 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
Dangote deserves GCFR now please.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by Izonpikin: 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
kumulus:

Cos he wasn't in the runnings
I mean why wasn't he fronted by well meaning Nigerians from the north and else where...If dangote can indeed give us electricity then I think we should just sell the country to him. ...privatise Nigeria. ... grin grin

The country Don tire me... grin
Re: Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently by kumulus(m): 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
Izonpikin:
I mean why wasn't he fronted by well meaning Nigerians from the north and else where...If dangote can indeed give us electricity then I think we should just sell the country to him. ...privatise Nigeria. ... grin grin

The country Don tire me... grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB And Their Three Factions, I Weep For My People / How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister / Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.