Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister (2311 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Sister Weds In Abia State. Photos / The Jail Cell Where Femi Fani-kayode Will Be Spending Time At Kuje Prison / Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by SpeedOfLight: 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2016
– A sister to the leader of the Indigenous
People of Biafra Nnamdi Kanu has shared
her ordeal with soldiers of the Nigerian
army during one of her visits to her brother
in prison custody

– Princess Tonia Kanu said she and some of
her uncles were harassed by
14 security officers at Kuje prison facility on
Tuesday, September 6

A sister to the leader of the Indigenous
People of Biafra has the manner at which
she and some other members of her family
faced in the hands of some soldiers.

Princess Tonia Kanu while speaking to
NAIJ.com said she had gone to Kuje prison
to pay her brother a visit on Tuesday,
September 6, when 14 security operatives –
12 soldiers and 2 others on mufti – accosted
her and some other family members.

Princess said: “Actually what really happened
is that I went to Kuje to see my brother as
usual! Coincidentally I met three of my uncles
there… They also came to see my brother and
they had already filled their form.”
She said because her uncles were at the
facility before her, they were also privileged
to meet with Kanu before it was her turn.

“After they finished with him, on their way
coming out I was about going in… they told
me not to be in a haste that my brother have
told them to wait for me so they can drop me
in any close place for me to pick a cab and go
home,” Princess said.

Continuing, Kanu’s sister said after the
visitation, there had just left the facility
when the heavily armed men with a white
Toyota Hiace bus with registration number
BV 718 RSH double crossed them.

“They ordered all of us to come down and
enter their own vehicle, which we did and they
kept us there for more than 30mins until my
uncle asked one of the officers to explain what
was happening and what our offence was.

Princess said the officer in question said
they should remain quiet and exercise
patience as they will be well informed of
their offence when they get to where they
would be taken to.

“So, immediately I wanted to make a call with
my phone but then, they asked me not to try
it.

“Then one of the men on mufti said we look
familiar (me and my uncle), he said it seems
he sees me on TV. That was when my uncle,
Emeka Ndumele told him that he is Nnamdi
Kanu’s brother,” Kanu’s sister said.

“They left us in the bus with the armed
soldiers while they went to one corner to
make calls. After a very long call, they came
back and said we should drop our mobile
phone numbers and addresses.

Princess told NAIJ.com that they obeyed the
officer directive, without argument.

She said the officers also informed them
they were acting on “orders from above”.
She also said although the security officer
did not beat or try to torture them, she felt
embarrassed and disappointed.

“One of the officers had Ejiofor on his name
tag, I don’t know what they want from us, if
they want my brother to die of hunger there
because I am the one that goes there to know
what he needs almost every day.

“Although they never mentioned my brother’s
name…but according to my uncles when they
were inside the prison with him, the one on
mufti was working around there monitoring
them and their discussion with my brother.

“Then he sat beside them as if he is also
waiting to see his own inmate, not knowing he
was probably there as an informant. It was
when those soldiers surrounded us then he
appear from behind a building and he was
also the one making all the calls.

Despite the ordeal, Sonia said: “The incident
cannot spoke me from going to visit my
brother in Kuje, unless they want him to die
there.”

Attempts to reach army spokesperson Sani
Usman on the incident was futile as his
mobile line did not connect.

Also Usman is yet to reply an inquiry sent to
his phone on the matter.

But counsel to Kanu, who spoke to
NAIJ.com said the incident was a total
ambush and hostage situation perpetrated by
the military.

Kanu’s lawyer, Ifeanyi Ejiofor said: “A team
of soldiers numbering about 12, fully armed to
the teeth apparently acting through an
informant was trailing Nnamdi Kanu’s family
members.”.

Stating that the team of soldiers were led by
one Major Yushau, Ejiofor said the news of
temporary abducted of Princess and her
family member is shocking.

“It is to say the least, the height of brazen
violation of our laws. While under prison
custody, the law allows all inmates including
Nnamdi Kanu to receive visitors including
family members, provided that the visitors
subject themselves to requisite security
screening before gaining entrance,” Ejiofor,
Kanu’s lawyer said.

He further noted that all intending visitors
are also to be guided by the rules and
regulations operational in the prison custody.
“This development is a clear attempt to ban
Nnamdi kanu from receiving visitors including
his family members, as the intendment is to
instil fears on people that may wish to pay him
visit.

“When this is achieve, his life will then be
exposed to more dangers in detention.
Especially, against the backdrop of visible but
repeated threats to his life.

“We must challenge this abduction,
intimidation and harassment in a court of law,
as it is a clear violation of the constitutional
rights of the citizens that paid him visit.

“We are still investigating further details
provided with a view to coming up with the
appropriate cause of action, deserving in the
circumstance. This lawlessness and impunity
must stop.

“We find it extremely unacceptable as it
offends all known democratic norms,” he
concluded.

https://www.naij.com/962961-nnamdi-kanus-sister-shares-ordeal-soldiers-kuje-prison.html
Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by HungerBAD: 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2016
Princess Kanu Sorry.

I am assuming you are still single,that's why you still bear Kanu (Igbo bride Price sef).

You see,your Brother is on record soliciting for Arms that he will use to fight and divide Nigeria up. And that alone makes him, and those associated with him a security threat to Nigeria.

You Princess Kanu is also a Security threat,just like those your uncles that came to see him,because as they say,birds of a feather flock together.

A Duck does not lay a Chicken egg,as you and Nnamdi are your father's children,so there is a strong tendency you have the "DIVIDE NIGERIA BLOOD" in you.

Our Soldiers were simply doing their jobs.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by neyoflexzyl(m): 11:10pm On Sep 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Ok

Hmmm
Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by SpeedOfLight: 11:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
neyoflexzyl:

Hmmm
Dictatorship in forward gear!

2 Likes

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by tit(f): 11:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
doghari likes to suffer
Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by Day11(m): 12:00am On Sep 10, 2016
Ikechukwu48:
Everyday my disgust for that worthless shithole increase.

I am beyond grateful that hell hole is burning to the grave as we speak. I'm beyond grateful!!!

May karma continue to destroy that useless bastard of a nation and may every evil known to members continue to arise in that he'll hole and continue suffocating them. Jesus thank you for all the evil you have happening to that country..they deserve each and every one of it.

Stop calling Jesus to evil things

It doesn't work.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
Princess Kanu Sorry.

I am assuming you are still single,that's why you still bear Kanu (Igbo bride Price sef).

You see,your Brother is on record soliciting for Arms that he will use to fight and divide Nigeria up. And that alone makes him, and those associated with him a security threat to Nigeria.

You Princess Kanu is also a Security threat,just like those your uncles that came to see him,because as they say,birds of a feather flock together.

A Duck does not lay a Chicken egg,as you and Nnamdi are your father's children,so there is a strong tendency you have the "DIVIDE NIGERIA BLOOD" in you.

what I wanted to say to you is so bad but I had to spare you because I was thought by my parents not to insult the less privileged. Back to the mata, It's now clear to Nigerians we are slowly going back to the 90's welcome to the Military regime once again. Buhari God is warning you, the tears Nigerians shade everyday because of the untold hardship your outdated policies have brought upon us will never be invain. Now this! Kanu is innocent and committed no crime. Infact his only crime is exposing your evil intentions and your herdsmen was a clear example. Kanu is a hero you can do your worse it won't change that.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by SpeedOfLight: 12:13am On Sep 10, 2016
Day11:

Stop calling Jesus to evil things

It doesn't work.
So far as you are a Nigerian and support everything evil(i.e. Massacre, corruption, nepotism, favoritism, quota system and etc) which your gov is known for you don't have right to correct that fellow.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by malton: 12:33am On Sep 10, 2016
Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by timeman: 12:34am On Sep 10, 2016
When will it sink into your thick skulls that Nnamdi kanu had been zombified. you havve the luxury of visiting him cos we have no guantanamo here, where terrorists duly belong.
Kiss the truth!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by timeman: 1:24am On Sep 10, 2016
SpeedOfLight:

[s]I'm ashamed that you are not ashamed of regarding this contraption a country. So if someone asks you now "where are you from?" so you will just go ahead and shout "I'm a Nigerian", Immediately you just shout it the person will just look for a befitting animal name and label you, so watch your back[/s].
You own the exclusive rights to be ashamed of yourself however, the good news is that kanu had been zombified. You don't hate the zoo & then sneaked into the zoo with a hoe. there is honour even in the zoo.
kiss the truth!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by timeman: 1:30am On Sep 10, 2016
krasican:

so Mr man "where are you from?"

which continent
Seriously?? you asking where he came from? From all indications, he's from the land of the missing sun.
the truth has spoken!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by SpeedOfLight: 1:56am On Sep 10, 2016
timeman:
You own the exclusive rights to be ashamed of yourself however, the good news is that kanu had been zombified. You don't hate the zoo & then sneaked into the zoo with a hoe. there is honour even in the zoo.
kiss the truth!
I concur with your last statement "there is honour even in the zoo", Kanu was civil enough because zoo is better than this shit hole you called country. The greatest mistake you and I will do is to allow our children to suffer what we experienced, so the earlier we dismantle the animal farm the better for us and generations to come.

1 Like

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by Pidggin(f): 2:14am On Sep 10, 2016
Chai, democracy is buried sad

1 Like

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by SpeedOfLight: 2:15am On Sep 10, 2016
timeman:
Seriously?? you asking where he came from? From all indications, he's from the land of the missing sun.
the truth has spoken!
I thank God you could identify me with Sun likewise US; Star, Ghana; Black Star, Dubious British; Cross, Nigeria? "Nothing!" so far as you are a Nigerian you have no identity and if you have anyone inscribed to your flag just say it here. If we tell you Nigeria was designed never to have identify you call us enemy of state but in reality you are enemy of human race. Every organic country on earth surface have an identity so what is your identity?

3 Likes

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by Victorvexz(m): 4:02am On Sep 10, 2016
grossintel:
what I wanted to say to you is so bad but I had to spare you because I was thought by my parents not to insult the less privileged. Back to the mata, It's now clear to Nigerians we are slowly going back to the 90's welcome to the Military regime once again. Buhari God is warning you, the tears Nigerians shade everyday because of the untold hardship your outdated policies have brought upon us will never be invain. Now this! Kanu is innocent and committed no crime. Infact his only crime is exposing your evil intentions and your herdsmen was a clear example. Kanu is a hero you can do your worse it won't change that.
Lol, hero my foot

2 Likes

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by Doghari: 6:31am On Sep 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
Princess Kanu Sorry.

You can bark 1 million times and lament 1 billion times. The truth is that you are just a piece of meat that will die tommorow or next but Biafra is not.
Pro-dullard anti-Biafra from oshogbo surajudeens like you won't change the fact that nigeria will divide by natural forces, even your deified dullard doghari knows this. That's why he is frantically looking for oil in the north. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by agwom(m): 6:34am On Sep 10, 2016
Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 10, 2016
Nnamdi kanu will rot in jail and biafra will never come in Jesus name sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by thedarkside: 10:47am On Sep 10, 2016
grossintel:

hmm..here we go again with "we" again...you people can not just stop trying to speak for others.........

what are you people still doing in nairaland??...i thought you created a biafraland....?'??

1 Like

Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by amaechi1: 10:58am On Sep 10, 2016
SpeedOfLight:

Dictatorship in forward gear!

If Buhari is dictator, I wonder what you will the north Korean leader who executed a member of his team for sleeping will the meeting is going on. Maybe a democratic civilian president with every sense of humility. Discipline is virtue!
Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by amaechi1: 11:03am On Sep 10, 2016
thedarkside:

hmm..here we go again with "we" again...you people can not just stop trying to speak for others.........

what are you people still doing in nairaland??...i thought you created a biafraland....?'??

They think nairaland will decide 2019. I only pity the young man, who has spent 1 year outside his home and his new boy. Those who are working freely are busy ranting in this forum and writing tributes. I wish they would spend a night in kuje and see how it look like.
Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by NaYouGoTire: 11:06am On Sep 10, 2016
amaechi1:

If Buhari is dictator, I wonder what you will the north Korean leader who executed a member of his team for sleeping will the meeting is going on. Maybe a democratic civilian president with every sense of humility. Discipline is virtue!
Why is it that child of failure never compares himself with the person that took first in the class? Rather, telling his parents that someone took 49 out of 50? Evil and failure is what Nigeria gov emulate so fast.
Re: How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister by amaechi1: 11:14am On Sep 10, 2016
SpeedOfLight:

I concur with your last statement "there is honour even in the zoo", Kanu was civil enough because zoo is better than this shit hole you called country. The greatest mistake you and I will do is to allow our children to suffer what we experienced, so the earlier we dismantle the animal farm the better for us and generations to come.

The same mission to dismantle the "animal farm" landed the young man into prison. Uwazurike started his during obasanjo, he got settled. Tompolo and co started theirs, they got settled during Yar'uda, amplified by GEJ. Kanu thought he has seen another opportunity, started his, instead of receiving settlement, he received Kuje prison. He mis-calculated the man in power does not have soft spot for miscreants.
Shepard of the "animal farm" is actually doing well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. / See Pics Of Oshiomhole Driving His Wife Lara 2 Obaseki's Inauguration Venue 2day / Pic News:muslims Donate 10 Tonnes Of Food To Help Homeless Londoners At Chritmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.