Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Nigeria's First Female President. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's First Female President. (2253 Views)

Zuriel Oduwole Meets Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, Croatia's First Female President / Peter Obi & Wife Meet Louise Richardson, First Female VC Of Oxford University / What Do You Call A Female President's Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's First Female President. by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 27, 2016
Since we adopted democracy, we have seen several presidents come and go. Some past military head of states have been recycled. It is not news that we have fashioned our democracy along with the United States.

U.S is in another race to produce another President now. Among many questions I'd like to ask, will Nigeria ever produce a female president?
Re: Nigeria's First Female President. by Arian11(m): 9:47am On Jun 27, 2016
Short answer ; it can't happen

Long answer ; even before she can dream of something like that it has already been squashed

Why ?

1) religion biases - that's when you'll see sole religion saying its a taboo for a woman to rule over them

2) tribal bigotry - some tribalistic individuals would say it's not a woman's place to lead but to follow

3 ) the male ego (I am the head ) - MOST men won't wanna have the idea that "I'm being ruled by a woman " mentality

4) her fellow women - her fellow woman who would convince her and motivate her is still the same person to go and vote for her male counter part ...

Well we are still light years from civilization that I know

P.s someone said "if women ruled the world no need for weapons or attacks ...it would just be bunch of countries not talking to each other" ...lol
Re: Nigeria's First Female President. by geraldmezi(m): 9:51am On Jun 27, 2016
...yes; Serra jubril
Re: Nigeria's First Female President. by Tolexander: 10:00am On Jun 27, 2016
YBNR:
Since we adopted democracy, we have seen several presidents come and go. Some past military head of states have been recycled. It is not news that we have fashioned our democracy along with the United States.

U.S is in another race to produce another President now. Among many questions I'd like to ask, will Nigeria ever produce a female president?

has US produced any female president?
Re: Nigeria's First Female President. by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 27, 2016
Tolexander:
has US produced any female president?

They are in the process.
Just like they did with Obama as the first Black and African president.

So I put it into perspective in our local politics.

Will Nigeria ever produce a corrupt free female president?
Re: Nigeria's First Female President. by Tolexander: 10:25am On Jun 27, 2016
YBNR:

They are in the process.
Just like they did with Obama as the first Black and African president.

So I put it into perspective in our local politics.

Will Nigeria ever produce a corrupt free female president?
US has never produced female president or is there any certainty Hilary is going to win the election.

Currently, though US election is a two-horse race. Have you forgotten we had a female vying for the post of Presidency in 2015 general election under the platform of KOWA!
Re: Nigeria's First Female President. by Arielle: 11:07am On Jun 27, 2016
Arian11:
Short answer ; it can't happen

Long answer ; even before she can dream of something like that it has already been squashed

Why ?

1) religion biases - that's when you'll see sole religion saying its a taboo for a woman to rule over them

2) tribal bigotry - some tribalistic individuals would say it's not a woman's place to lead but to follow

3 ) the male ego (I am the head ) - MOST men won't wanna have the idea that "I'm being ruled by a woman " mentality

4) her fellow women - her fellow woman who would convince her and motivate her is still the same person to go and vote for her male counter part ...

Well we are still light years from civilization that I know

P.s someone said "if women ruled the world no need for weapons or attacks ...it would just be bunch of countries not talking to each other" ...lol

Too true!
Re: Nigeria's First Female President. by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 27, 2016
You satisfied my curiosity Arian11.

Seems Nigeria is still behind in terms of civilisation, however, Liberia already produced a female president. Are they not also behind in terms of civilisation?

On your salient points, I only believe the Male ego and the Women folk not supporting each other could be a reason for her not to attain such a position.

And about the Quote about a woman ruling the world, it's virtually not possible.

Angela Markel is the German counsellor and she successfully controls the Euro zone.

Here in Nigeria, Aisha Al Hassan of Taraba state has successfully become the first female governor.

Is there any chance of such happening in 2019?
Re: Nigeria's First Female President. by LordeCalifornia: 11:58am On Jun 27, 2016
Hopefully in the future.
Re: Nigeria's First Female President. by eureka: 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
I Have a dream........
Even Pakistan could do it.
Re: Nigeria's First Female President. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
eureka:
I Have a dream........ Even Pakistan could do it.
Yeah right... It could even be you. cheesy
Re: Nigeria's First Female President. by Horus(m): 8:29am On Aug 12, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGbuStWVMbg

What If Nigeria Has A Female President?

(1) (Reply)

Governor Willie Obiano Of Anambra State Shear Pictures Of Himself, Wife And Chil / Can Somebody Tell Me Why Saraki And Emir Sanusi Want To Beat PMB (photo) / America Will Know:American Journalist Expose On Tinubu and Kashamu Drug Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.