Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,279 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG (26754 Views)

Dubai Properties: Terrorists Have Migrated To The Internet – Buratai / sahara reporters release More Evidence On Buratais' Dubai Properties / Buhari Needs To Be More Transparent About His Personal Finances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by wirinet(m): 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2016
Kennydoc:

Were you the one that gave EFCC proofs for Metuh, FFK, Obanikoro, even Fayose a sitting governor etc before they launched investigation?

Metuh, FFK, Obanikoro and even Fayose has money trials leading from Dasuki's Arms money. Everybody that concrete evidence pointed to as having collected money from Dasuki without reason were asked to refund the money of face prosecution. Some chose to return the money, others like Metuh, FFK and Obanikoro chose to go to court.
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by jpphilips(m): 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
wirinet:

My brother Inlaw is a retired naval equivalent of a 1 star General. He has properties all over the place, including Dubai, and he never held any political post nor was he involved in the purchase of weapons. As i said earlier, depending on postings, a military man has numerous allowances and perks,that when aggregated are far more than basic salary. Even just going on courses abroad gives allowances close to basic salary. Ever wonder why Nigeria's budget is 70% recurrent and 30% capital. It is because of pecks of office and allowances of Civil servants and politicians.

You are really justifying this nonsense? foreign defence Attache who earn all foreign allowance can't come close to that worth let alone a less than a year COAS, you guys make me laugh, he should tender his resignation once operation lafiya dole is over and retired like others for prosecution. He is not even scared in a Buhari's government?

2 Likes

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by Bimpe29: 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
Conclusively, you can't come to equity with clean hand in Naija. FG's defence was too hasty and unnecessary as at now. It's prejudicial to immediate investigation and possible prosecution of the Army chief.
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by jpphilips(m): 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
wirinet:

I have respect for you more than the mindless emotional outburst you are exhibiting.
Please tell me when in the history of Nigeria anyone had been asked to explain the source of their wealth? Then quote relevant section of any law that mandate anyone to explain the source of their wealth.

I dont give a damn about your respect, you should be smart enough to know that your opinion fall far below the social standards I set for myself, Burantai has embarrassed this govt as such must go home, that is the right thing to do, he is not better than those in kuje prison for the same crime.
If you ignore a burantai how do you justify holding Dasuki? don't you know that this is a precursor to anarchy? do you think this is about PDP and APC? this is about the right thing to do and how it has to be done.
You asked for evidence i have one for you, the sum of the two houses are way beyond his pay grade, that is evidence enough, I know what his rank earns legitimately, if you don't, ask your inlaw.
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by wirinet(m): 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
jpphilips:

You are really justifying this nonsense? foreign defence Attache who earn all foreign allowance can't come close to that worth let alone a less than a year COAS, you guys make me laugh, he should tender his resignation once operation lafiya dole is over and retired like others for prosecution. He is not even scared in a Buhari's government?

I am not justifying anything. I have always been an advocate of a complete system overhaul,but this is how the Nigerian system works at the moment. Seniors civil servants, politicians and military officers have all kinds of "legal" loopholes to collect huge allowances. I honestly have no idea of how much allowance foreign military attaches earn, but it must be substantial, because the lobbying and competition to get appointed is often fierce. Those that come back after serving in foreign mission often change their social and financial status.

How much is the official salary of Senator, how much do they actually take home at the end of the day? What is the recurrent budget of the less than 500 national Assembly members? It is N115 billion. I am sure every member of the Nigerian Senate can easily afford a N120,000,000 mansion.

So if Burantai should tender his resignation because he owns a property valued at N120,000,000, who should take over as COAS? Maybe Buhari should look for a General property valued at less than N10million (which his salary can accommodate) or better still a General with no property at all. I can assure you that that will be a very tall order given the system Nigeria operates at this time
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by Goddex: 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
babajeje123:
One of the biggest mistakes made by Nigerians is to vote in Buhari. Has is damn sentimental in fighting 'kwarupsion'. He wields the sword of the law against oppositions while his boys can steal & declare the stolen properties as possessions they rightly got. One thing I'm sure of is very soon, the wrath of the law will catch up with Buhari & his puppets.
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by ken4jj(m): 3:21pm On Jun 28, 2016
saintmark88:

Oga Buhari has no biz with a deal that happened as far back as 2007......do u guys even hear urselfs..... D constitution provides that a present govt should probe d immediate past administration.... PDP didn't that because of" paddy paddy". It was yar aduas job to probe Obj n d Halliburton tin he didn't.... So whts Buharis concern....what is dz govt concerns is what is happening now

Wao!!! i never knew that Justice has a time limit. So all sins from 2007 below are forgiven. I don't have any problem with that. Any common man who committed a crime dated 2007 below should be released immediately from Prison.
For the fact that the useless PDP did not probe the matter should not in any way render it invalid. For Goodness sake, this is not just an internal crime, it is an external related crime that has made us appear corrupt as a people to the eyes of the world. The Americans have convicted the culprit on their side and we are pampering our own. People like you are why i don't blame Donald Trump when he talks shit about us.
So a corrupt act that happened in 2007 and has not been addressed is not PMB's business? It is better you keep your mouth shut in some things and watch instead of spewing trash in a bid to defend politicians.
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by Kennydoc(m): 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
wirinet:

Metuh, FFK, Obanikoro and even Fayose has money trials leading from Dasuki's Arms money. Everybody that concrete evidence pointed to as having collected money from Dasuki without reason were asked to refund the money of face prosecution. Some chose to return the money, others like Metuh, FFK and Obanikoro chose to go to court.

What I'm saying is that FG shouldn't exonerate him just because he declared the properties. They should investigate him and if those allegations are clearly false, then he should be left alone. There is no evidence that any attempt gas been made to investigate him.
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by Freshtee(m): 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
ademusiwa5:
Sahara reporters tells lies and make up story like nairaland.
did the buratai rebuffed the SR's claims that he owns two properties in Dubai... SR should be commended for doing this great job.. That clearly shows the online media is not biased.
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by wirinet(m): 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
Kennydoc:

What I'm saying is that FG shouldn't exonerate him just because he declared the properties. They should investigate him and if those allegations are clearly false, then he should be left alone. There is no evidence that any attempt gas been made to investigate him.

The law only says he should declare his properties, the law never specified that the source of money use to acquire the properties should be disclosed. When Bukola Saraki declared his properties worth billions of naira in 2003, nobody asked the young man who had less than a few years of working working experience without any known business concern the source of his wealth. The reason he is being prosecuted is because what he declared at that time is at variance with what he is said to possess as at the time he made the disposition.

What the EFCC can investigate is evidence of looting of defense funds. If there are allegations of looting of funds under his office, and there is paper trail evidence of such allegations, then a petitioner can ask EFCC to investigate.
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
Mr Wailer why are you people like this do you know the prize of snakes in the international market? Buratai has the biggest snake farm in africa and I can tell you that one barrell of snakes is more expensive than 50 barells of crude oil. If in doubt ask lalasticlala who is a part time snake bunkerer.

Walahi this man is a comedian
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by nairalandankrah: 4:31pm On Jun 28, 2016
buhari is using the EfCC to fight his opponents..
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by sinteiking(m): 4:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
Progressive01:
Nope--- I think the truth you should rather know is that I don't fucking care what your opinion about my opinion is. You may as well not even exist and I wouldn't bloody care.

Stop worrying about what I say as I have an inalienable right to an opinion just as you do. State yours and crawl the Bleep along and stop bothering about mine.

Have a nice day.

Hypocrite, dats what u are. You and I nid not defend corruption in any form, we shouldn't b partizan, what is wrong is wrong, if a PDP or APC member or even govt official is suspected to b corrupt, dat person shud b investigated appropriately. no preferential treatment shud b given as what is good for goose is good 4 d gander
If Diesani is being investigated n labelled a criminal in the media, it will only b fair if Burutai shud also b given same treatment
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
Na too much of eating Snake Pepper Soup deh do me grin
sodiksan:

Walahi this man is a comedian
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by sinteiking(m): 4:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
mrvitalis:

No he lied in his form that's y he is being prosecuted... Get ur fact straight
Y is Diesani being investigated?, she is suspected of being corrupt. She was accused of abusing federal funds. Burutai is also accused of same, if d source to which Diesana acquired her wealth is being investigated, then y shud d source of Burutai's wealth not investigated. Pls Don't b partizan, I don't give a damn abt PDP or APC. I seek d face of truth only
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by preciious(m): 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
Mr Wailer why are you people like this do you know the prize of snakes in the international market? Buratai has the biggest snake farm in africa and I can tell you that one barrell of snakes is more expensive than 50 barells of crude oil. If in doubt ask lalasticlala who is a part time snake bunkerer.

You are really funny lolz
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by xerxes456(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
AZeD1:

You can farm and Burantai has a farm.
no mind them jealousy and haters, not only that, his wife n members of family can do business to any level... mchew...
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by xerxes456(m): 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
sinteiking:

Y is Diesani being investigated?, she is suspected of being corrupt. She was accused of abusing federal funds. Burutai is also accused of same, if d source to which Diesana acquired her wealth is being investigated, then y shud d source of Burutai's wealth not investigated. Pls Don't b partizan, I don't give a damn abt PDP or APC. I seek d face of truth only
Rabish... go and do u r home work...
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by sinteiking(m): 7:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
xerxes456:
y don't have to comment wen hv nothing useful to say. thanks
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by sinteiking(m): 7:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
xerxes456:
yu don't have to comment wen u hv nothing useful to say. thanks
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by AZeD1(m): 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
tonguengineer:

Stop mixing ur weed with sawdust pls
So if that is ur analogy Fayose,ffk, Olisa metuh and other corrupt individuals whose account re frozen can also hide under that the canopy of farming
Get yourself an education Mr. I did not support Burantai or castigate him, I only corrected the guy who said Burantai is not legally allowed to own a business.
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by tonquendo4u(m): 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
Declaring d assets is not d problem.He has never BN a business man.He has BN a soldier from adolescence.And his salary from his recruitment till now with allowances couldn't have secured that property even if his whole family has BN fasting and going naked since then.D question is,where did he get d money to secure such a property in Dubai?DT he decraed d asset doesn't mean anything.D FG should just grow up
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by ernecy(m): 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2016
PUSIDRILA:

Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by KissCODE(m): 3:02am On Jun 29, 2016
mrvitalis:

No he lied in his form that's y he is being prosecuted... Get ur fact straight
what was the lie saraki told? please educate me properly.
Re: Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG by jpphilips(m): 10:21am On Jun 29, 2016
author=wirinet post=47011777]

I am not justifying anything. I have always been an advocate of a complete system overhaul,but this is how the Nigerian system works at the moment. Seniors civil servants, politicians and military officers have all kinds of "legal" loopholes to collect huge allowances. I honestly have no idea of how much allowance foreign military attaches earn, but it must be substantial, because the lobbying and competition to get appointed is often fierce. Those that come back after serving in foreign mission often change their social and financial status.

Isn't that corruption?

How much is the official salary of Senator, how much do they actually take home at the end of the day? What is the recurrent budget of the less than 500 national Assembly members? It is N115 billion. I am sure every member of the Nigerian Senate can easily afford a N120,000,000 mansion.

Is Burantai a Senator?

So if Burantai should tender his resignation because he owns a property valued at N120,000,000, who should take over as COAS? Maybe Buhari should look for a General property valued at less than N10million (which his salary can accommodate) or better still a General with no property at all. I can assure you that that will be a very tall order given the system Nigeria operates at this time

A 2BR flat in an average area in Dubai cost between 120m to 150m (including taxes, commission and sundry charges) Burantai has two of those which brings his cumulative expenses to nearly 300m, if he was kind enough to say it was a gift or inheritance, some benefit of doubt will be cast, rather he opted to say "savings" meaning from his legitimate earnings which is nowhere near, that is practically arrogant and it insults the intelligence of Nigerians. That said, he is doing a good job with Lafiya dole reason I said, his resignation after the operation, his sack is not negotiable, I hope the question in bold is a joke, you guys amaze me!
Except there are some earnings we are not aware of, that guy fvcked up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Katsina Youths Boo APC Campaign Team, Chant "Bamayi" (Video) / 2023: Kogi PDP Unveils Dino Melaye As Party’s Governorship Candidate / Ekweremadu Gets International Parliamentary (IPC) Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.