Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,668 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) (57535 Views)

Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Mbaise Woman's Husband Was Given N800k Marriage List 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Badgers14: 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
JAZES:

Really? Did u see the part where the father in law dowry is 400k and the mother in law dowry is 200k?..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

If the guy actually dumped the lady because of the list...
He does not love her angry

There is no law or custom that requires you to fufill all the items in that list.. Just do what you can and make sure bride price is of them..
Then tell the inlaws you will come later and carry your wife home.. grin grin better yet yiu could still negotiate the list

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by AuroraB(f): 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2016
youngest85:

Ke ine kwuzi?
Maybe, you are not Igbo. I'm informing you, this list originated not from Igbo land. 'Afang' as written on the list is not of us but Akwa-Ibom and Cross-River states cool
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
akpakoboy:
I fear o. Mine was 5 pages. Still paying.
God go hellep u oooooo
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Mememan: 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
Nazaretha:

If I may ask, do you write obituaries

Now, a better person that would have held her hands and make her his.

He walked away! You walk away too when hurdles are much, uh?

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 3:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol, it still doesn't make proper business sense. If I were an uneducated wasteman, then ya proposal might be decent. But since I'm up, the business value isn't worth that much since she might end up like one of these insolent and belligerent cyber-feminist. And that's a lot of trouble. Also, with women, be rest assured someone else is going to fvck the puzzy you bought without paying a dime lol.

The holy grail has to be a collateral in the form of savings or inheritance worth the amount I'm paying. And that has to be transferred to the kids as soon as the marriage fails lol.

Regardless, I'm not a fan of marriage. I think it's an unnecessary exuberance in celebrating non-achievement and postponed misery. I don't think it's for me.
na wa oooo
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by mpowa(m): 3:27pm On Jun 28, 2016
delishpot:
That list is just official, you could probably discuss your pocket with the inlaws. Many would remove and reduce the cost. Even oyinbo weddings don't come cheap. They usualy save for years towards it.

That's not true, Oyinbos do their wedding the way they want, if they have the money and they feel like spending lavishly they do and if they don't feel like spending One kobo they will still go ahead and get wedded, it's here that we create obstacles on ppl's part, some would wed and will not be stable financially 5yrs after wedding, some marriages even got broken because of wedding spending - One of the reasons why Africa is so poor is unnecessary spending on celebrations, correct headed in-laws should focus on the main purpose of the celebration and not use the occasion as ATM ticket to get all they've wanted for years.

2 Likes

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by delishpot: 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
mpowa:

That's not true, Oyinbos do their wedding the way they want, if they have the money and they feel like spending lavishly they do and if they don't feel like spending One kobo they will still go ahead and get wedded, it's here that we create obstacles on ppl's part, some would wed and will not be stable financially 5yrs after wedding, some marriages even got broken because of wedding spending - One of the reasons why Africa is so poor is unnecessary spending on celebrations, correct headed in-laws should focus on the main purpose of the celebration and not use the occasion as ATM ticket to get all they've wanted for years.

You are right there. I did not consider the fact that fee is imposed on the man in naija whereas the oyinbos do as power reach. I stand corrected cool
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by amdoyin82(m): 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
Guyman02:
When you are poor and mingle with poor friends the list becomes long and expensive, but if you are well placed and mingle with guys like E-Money, Olamide, Banky-W, Mikel Obi, Don Jazzy etc all they do is divide the items among themselves and tell you not to bother and even add more to it.

But OWU na bastard and thats why you fled because of ordinary list of items which can be negotiated with in-laws as it is not cast in stone.

This general list is produced by the community leaders expecting that their daughters will come home with prominent would-be son-in-laws like Adenuga, Otedola or Atiku children but for your type, go there confidently with an elder from your family and negotiate, thats how its done.
ur list is not complete without the inclusion of moshiiii, aremo Gucci and papatoure...
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Stormisova(m): 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2016
if Na me I go give D babe belle den she go Kum live wit me shikina
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by comradeson: 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
This guy is just disturbing himself for nothing. He can get sex at a brothel for N1000 whenever he is pressed and then get a babymama later on tongive him kids.Its better for him as his not ex in-laws are practically asking him to pay for all the rounds of sex he will av with their daughter till death does them part.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by youngest85(m): 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
AuroraB:
Maybe, you are not Igbo. I'm informing you, this list originated not from Igbo land. 'Afang' as written on the list is not of us but Akwa-Ibom and Cross-River states cool

Dats nt how to type it
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by EOOJ(m): 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
myners007:
The list is okay because a woman that is properly bred deserves more than what is contained in the list
smh....properly bred? Its equal to selling her off na. If u ask me i wud say its really unecessary. There are other better ways jare
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by joanana(f): 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
SnowJay92:

Hehe, OK back to the topic then, cheesy

If the list was from ur parents, will you split the bill to make sure you get married to the love of your life?

first of all, i will not agree with the list. I will fight them with everything i ve got until i achieve my aim. The price on theit list (dad n mum) must be reduced.

Yes, i will help my hubby eg 60% 40% grin grin grin grin grin besides its our wedding .... not his or mine but our wedding grin

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by DavidEsq(m): 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
Babzilla:
All for one PĂș$$y One pot beled Alhaji is getting for less

Hahahahahaha. I laugh. Im glad the girl is standing up to uer parents thats loyaly. If na me Id het her pregnant and giver her father the finger
grin grin angry angry grin
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by AuroraB(f): 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
Lagosian29:
DAT LIST MUST BELONG TO SOME FAMILIES IN D SOUTH EAST - IMO STATE TO BE PRECISE
Before you assume, read properly. That list has 'Afang' on it. Now, where in your IMO state do you have 'afang' for dialect or dish
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by AuroraB(f): 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
youngest85:

Dats nt how to type it
Whatever rocks your boat, dear wink
Ciao embarassed
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by slizylindy: 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
Lagosian29:
DAT LIST MUST BELONG TO SOME FAMILIES IN D SOUTH EAST - IMO STATE TO BE PRECISE

You that is calling Imo State...Did you not see "Mbit Isong Afon" in that list?
Does that sound like igbo to you or you so much love Imo babes but can't afford to cater for them so you decided to beef them?
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Adesiji77: 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
ForeverYoung197:
Not that much. It's only 2 pages .

Yes now, even "Grandfather's items" was omitted tongue
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
Kakamorufu:
meshonu yasef there.. If u be man u no go talk like that.

E nomu e? What part of my post didn't you understand?
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Spirit1(m): 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
JAZES:
The sender who is confused about the marriage list he received from his now EX potential inlaws
shared the following photos because he feels that this is day light robbery.
He literally cuts off the relationship with the lady and the lady is at loggerheads with her parents
according to a reliable source because of the list.

http://www.onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2016/06/28/oh-god-photos-see-the-never-ending-list-given-to-a-young-man-who-wants-to-marry/

Guys, is this enough reason not to marry the love of your life?
see the list below:

Young Nigerian men shying away marriage since 1920. You want to collect someone daughter for free?
Tomorrow now you will be controlling her account and telling her to help build your own family.

If you want girl friend, then no problem. You can get for free and expect no commitment from her or for her to give you a kobo.

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by youngest85(m): 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
AuroraB:
Whatever rocks your boat, dear wink Ciao embarassed

Bye
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by cardoctor(m): 4:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
Na Owerri people be that. Thats why we dey fear to go there.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by mcwinas3(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2016
The issue here is not the guy's financial capacity. It's simply about the in-law's sense of greed!
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Shym3xx: 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2016
Badgers14:

If the guy actually dumped the lady because of the list...
He does not love her angry

There is no law or custom that requires you to fufill all the items in that list.. Just do what you can and make sure bride price is of them..
Then tell the inlaws you will come later and carry your wife home.. grin grin better yet yiu could still negotiate the list

Lool.

What has love got to do with getting robbed and hustled by poor people who are pim.ping their daughter? When the guy buys the girl now and decides to have dominion over his possession, including smacking her when she gets out of line - I'm sure you're going to join the crowd that would label him abusive. And suddenly have amnesia about how he paid for his property.

And don't give me the culture excuse cos 90% of the items there are western items and they have nothing to do with African culture. A lot of these people are just lazy rogues who pim.p their daughters for food. It's shameful.

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by DRCIC(m): 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2016
nwaimoroseyaho:
Not that much. It is even negotiable. For those of you complaining wait until you have your own daughter.

Obviously u will put ur daughter on sale
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by adecares(f): 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2016
wow, can't stop laughing, this is just like a whole state budget.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Alpharezz(m): 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Sammyblaq(m): 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
The father 400kpam, The mother 200kpam, etc.
If I close eye manage tidy am...Ihukwam na village unu, kam marakwa Ihe kpatara ya.

U fit no see better road go their villa sef...
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by NovusHomo(m): 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2016
RIZLER:
we are not begging u yorubas to marry our daughters if u cannot pay go and face ur black ugly sisters igbo girls are not cheap

Noone even knows what quality the man is getting for all the expenses; weather na ogbanje o, or na Osu o etc. She fit be winch sef. Nonsense!
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by NovusHomo(m): 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
adecares:
wow, can't stop laughing,
this is just like a whole state budget.

grin grin grin
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by NovusHomo(m): 4:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
joanana:

first of all, i will not agree with the list. I will fight them with everything i ve got until i achieve my aim. The price on theit list (dad n mum) must be reduced.

Yes, i will help my hubby eg 60% 40% grin grin grin grin grin besides its our wedding .... not his or mine but our wedding grin

Sensible girl. But, even the thought of a prospective family-in-law making such demand is enough to drive me away, not only from the village but from the whole State.

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by mestrophil(m): 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
It's is possible.. you can get it y brother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Ladies Lifts Their Dad Up As He Celebrates His 50th Birthday (Photos) / Benue Cousins Insist On Marrying Each Other Despite Stiff Oppositions / Marriage On Fire Six Months After Couple's Wedding. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.