Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,747 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) (57595 Views)

Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Mbaise Woman's Husband Was Given N800k Marriage List 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by youngest85(m): 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
AuroraB:
Mechie onu there angry Ndi mba gi o ji 'Afang' eme gini undecided grin

Ke ine kwuzi?
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by viceric677(m): 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
mizzbouqui:
Not that much, I was actually expecting it to be never ending.

if i buy an item i use it the way i like. Same goes to a woman i buy with my money not marry
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by DRCIC(m): 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
They should ve put d woman on sale na.

The value of a woman can not be monetized. The amount collected for dowry does not make d man respect or value d woman more. It rather brings mockery, shame and disrespect to d lady and her family
This is simply a reflection of the level of poverty in dat family, no offense pls, but dats d fact

3 Likes

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by worlexy(m): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
otingy:
Oga wolexy, where u see this picture?
XYisu grin
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by NovusHomo(m): 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
delishpot:
That list is just official, you could probably discuss your pocket with the inlaws. Many would remove and reduce the cost. Even oyinbo weddings don't come cheap. They usualy save for years towards it.

True, Oyinbo weddings can be expensive depending on the couple's preference, not because of some silly demand by greedy thieving in-laws to be. True too that they save for years for their wedding. That is because they are independent individuals who do not count on friends and famiy in the way they manage their lives. Their weddings are expensive not because of pressure from anyone but because they usually want them to be chick and classy. By the way, we are not even talking about wedding yet. Add that to it and you are dealing with...

...A FAMILY OF THIEVES. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Shym3xx: 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
Lol.

In this age where women are begging for marriage? No real guy would allow himself to get hustled by poor and wretched people with poverty mentality. They need to go find a next hustle. Puzzy is free but you need to sweat for everything else.

FOH with ya scrounging list. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
joanana:
My fellow ladies from the east, please if your price is like the ops list .... biko go and plead with your parents to do something about this list. Becos in this BUHASHRI economy no man will spend this amount on a lady ... what about life after marriage biko nu? shey na garri u n your hubby go eat as newly weds? Its not my portion and your portion.

Anyway, gone are the days where men pay for the wedding expenses alone... you are called the helper for a reason... nkwa... its time to help your hubby.... You can both split the bills or tell your parents to do the right thing.

This is list is outrageous and the person that compose this list was either sleeping or dreaming to think that a man will spend that amount in list alone. What about church wedding, food , drinks , decor etc for the trad ceremony ? hmmmmm.....

If m the guy i will quietly tell my woman the truth.... i cant spend this amount on a list , its too much not in this economy... you still have to take care of yourselves after marriage. house rent, feeding, transportation, etc etc etc ..... Simple we will split the bill 50 50 sheikina.... na my two cents ooooooooo grin

The list isn't even from south east, read it again. Since when did we imbibe this culture of never being attentive to little details.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Dezolo(f): 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
NovusHomo:

Translation: The whole of my poor-ass family of thieves is for sale, beginning with my over-valued daughter.
hehe. You sef harsh.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by joanana(f): 1:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
SnowJay92:

The list isn't even from south east, read it again. Since when did we imbibe this culture of never being attentive to little details.

I didnt say the list is from south east either.... i said "if " its like the ops list ...... come on grin
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by teemy(m): 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2016
The underwears part was what got to me
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Olabestonic001(m): 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
Nazaretha:
If one can't dance, don't nod to songs.

If he was financially buoyant, he wouldn't mumble a thing.

And, hope he knows, the lady will definitely get a better person.

Silly quote.
In this time and age you're still saying such. With the way the economy is going, good in-laws wouldn't be insensitive to the plight of the intending couples. That's a barbaric list there (I don't wanna care whatever tribe it is). That list also shows the in-laws are at best insensitive to the yearning of their daughter to go with the man she loves and at worst damned money-mongers who are bent on trading in their female species.
I reject totally dt barbaric posé under the pretence of traditions.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by gbodimowo(m): 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
SultanOfBrunei:
in Mbaise, Imo state, that list is not complete, and bride price no follow ooo

U r on point

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Peacefulgold(m): 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
Dis one Na real daylight robbery....wetin me and my wife go chop after I don spend all dis one on top marrying her ....dis list looks Like somtn from d riverine area.....me I no fit do am abeg....
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by CSTR2: 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
The lady must be a virgin with a Phd in either engineering, investment banking or computer science for me to even contemplate such. Atleast i know i am getting something chaste with a high return of investment.

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by bamirotola: 1:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
Dezolo:
Translation: My daughter aint cheap..

You'l know she's expired good when she turns 40 under your roof
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Peacefulgold(m): 1:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
Nazaretha:

Dis is not about been bouyant....its just plain robbery.....so becos u r rich u now accept such list...
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
joanana:

I didnt say the list is from south east either.... i said "if " its like the ops list ...... come on grin

Hehe, OK back to the topic then, cheesy

If the list was from ur parents, will you split the bill to make sure you get married to the love of your life?
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Dezolo(f): 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
bamirotola:

You'l know she's expired good when she turns 40 under your roof
Godforbid that happens.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Strahovski1(m): 1:53pm On Jun 28, 2016
NovusHomo:

Not every Nigerian woman is for sale. Going through this list, you and I know those who are for sale and where they could be found. But more seriouly, if I pay this much, I expect to be buying a slave.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by gbodimowo(m): 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
ShitHead:
After women will claim gender equality...how can you be equal with the one who bought you? You are just an item acquired...

Soft!

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by CSTR2: 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
pinklingerie:

Yoruba and Hausa girls are even more prettier and loyal. So let it be 38,000 pages...
Yoruba ladies prettier? na. I don't have any idea about hausa girls though.
Yoruba ladies have their comparative advantage when it comes to luscious frontal assets and mouth watering'' maximus gleutus'''( or how did my doctor friend spelled it sef) , which is good enough for men like me though, but facial beauty ain't their strength.

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by specialpolice: 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
meanwhile, dont be threatened by the long list. if u r serious, ready and love the lady, surely, u must negotiate and go on as their inlaw. my list is short but more threatened than this!!!!!!
worlexy:
That's outright rubbish. Are they selling off their daughter? Things like this is why most able-bodied guys are running away from marriage, wedding wahala is too expensive in Africa.
I'm sure the guy go be like
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Fourwinds: 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
Oyind17:
Better soup na money, pay or go for a cheaper one cool
na so una dey grow grey hair for head and yansh simply because u don't want to appear cheap for marriage
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by franscolink(m): 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
I know this list must be from Enugu state, I did my nysc there.so I know what I am saying from personal experience. deris God oh
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by NovusHomo(m): 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
Nazaretha:

If I may ask, do you write obituaries

Now, a better person that would have held her hands and make her his.

He walked away! You walk away too when hurdles are much, uh?

He did the reasonable thing: walk away from a den of thieves.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by drnoel: 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
In nefa jam, the list did not even reach 1 mil. A friend of mine got a list of 2 mil for trad wedding. The boy didnt run but approached the girl's parents and told them unless they want to marry their daughter they should behave.
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by IMASTEX: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
And may I ask how much the suppose father-in-law paid to marry his own wife? Thief. . .
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by teeghurl(f): 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
JAZES:

Really? Did u see the part where the father in law dowry is 400k and the mother in law dowry is 200k?..... cheesy cheesy cheesy
one dozen pants for the mother- in- law cracked me up. Has it gotten to that? Seriously grin
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by CSTR2: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
Shym3xx:
Lol.

In this age where women are begging for marriage? No real guy would allow himself to get hustled by poor and wretched people with poverty mentality. They need to go find a next hustle. Puzzy is free but you need to sweat for everything else.

FOH with ya scrounging list. Lol.
Paying that for a damsel with a phd in a lucrative course and an untouched coochie would be a sound investment, don't ya think? grin
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by oodua1stson: 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
Would rather stay single than bowcto this evil and insane greedy people
Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by oodua1stson: 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
Nazaretha:

you're a disgrace

1 Like

Re: Long Marriage List Given To A Man Who Wants To Marry(photos) by Onyenna(m): 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
Lagosian29:
DAT LIST MUST BELONG TO SOME FAMILIES IN D SOUTH EAST - IMO STATE TO BE PRECISE

Number 29 on page 1 says "MBIT ISONG AFON"....

......that doesn't sound Igbo.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Marriage On Fire Six Months After Couple's Wedding. Photos / Rest In Peace Vivianc. / My Husband Has Failed To Satisfy Me Sexually Despite Taking Concoctions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.