Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,495 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate (28267 Views)

Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) / Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets / EFCC Closes In On Ex-gov Over 29 Dubai Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by fctguy: 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
ginajet:
I am an APC card carrying member... You claim to be a consistent critic. Yet you want me to do opposition job for you. And call me names for not doing so.

If I choose to speak against anything my president and his government does, it is on my terms. Not yours. I am not your advocate. So those jejune tags like "double standards", "sycophants" "hypocrites" you bandy about on my posts actually make me pity you.

If you decide to place expectations of an activist on me even when you know I am partisan, find an appropriate tag for yourself.

Stop displaying your ignorance publicly angry

#stopbeingused

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by agitator: 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
army boys dont necessary have to loot to be rich

i had a friend in the army who was posted to ibadan. during that petrol scarcity they were in charge of all the filling stations and everyone had to pay him to get petrol. on a day at that gas station and gas stations all over ibadan he was making like 10,000 dollars. this whole exercise lasted for 3 months or so. this was a little while back. my nigga went to england and bought a house cash down with the money. he must have made 2 million dollars. point being army boys dont necessarily have to loot to have 1.5 million houses in dubai. they extort from the public

And by your definition that is good and smart biz idea, see your life. and you dey try to convince other people say dem dey fight corruption cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by eph12(m): 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
Nellybii:

People making noise here are the same people that said Sahara reporters is APC. You guys should never be taken seriously at all. Pathetic!! awww
Well Amaechi was PDP before he became APC. So maybe Sahara has jumped ship. Now they are labeled terrorist lol

3 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by eph12(m): 1:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:

i had a friend in the army who was posted to ibadan. during that petrol scarcity they were in charge of all the filling stations and everyone had to pay him to get petrol. on a day at that gas station and gas stations all over ibadan he was making like 10,000 dollars. this whole exercise lasted for 3 months or so. this was a little while back. my nigga went to england and bought a house cash down with the money. he must have made 2 million dollars. point being army boys dont necessarily have to loot to have 1.5 million houses in dubai. they extort from the public
Baba o. Why do you enjoy lying like this? Or is this sarcasm? If that your soldier friend told you he got the money from motorists he lied. He must have done something very bad for him to lie to you like this. And you too believed this? No questions nothing? Bros abeg you dull no vex.

4 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2016
Kennydoc:

Guy, please lie with regard for your listeners.
He made $2 million in 3 months just by collecting 500 naira from motorists. That's over 600 million naira in 3 months, which is equivalent to about 6.7million naira everyday. If they extort 500 per motorist, that will be well over 13,000 cars per day.
Please how many cars buy fuel in Ibadan on a daily basis?
So your friend alone collected all the money extorted from motorists in the whole city, leaving nothing for all other soldiers, his bosses, the petrol station managements, etc? Guy, lie with ease.

You probably wasted your time enlightening that piece of pathetic filth who is antithetic to critical thought and objective reasoning. That drivel you just read from him is his lame attempt at justifying this evolving scandal. Pay the buzz-word chanting cretin no mind.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:03pm On Jun 29, 2016
neocortex:

So you want sahara to clear Buratai,
SR has dropped the sensational headlines
they are known for, it is up to Buratai to hand
himself over to EFCC.

What I mean is, if the Lt. Gen is lying, I expect a counter from SaharaReporters because they are neck deep in this case. They carried the exposure, they provided details of the Property. If the Property is owned 100% by the Lt. Gen, SaharaReporters will expose him. If he is saying the truth, I do not expect much from SaharaReporters.
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by XketchDesigns(m): 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:

guy i did not want to quote you but i just had to, that amount you called is ridiculous. that your friend at the time was a lieutenant at most a captain. which means he was answering to other people up the chain, the money does not come to him but rather to someone higher and then the gets his own cut which is obviously not going to be much and then he has to giv to his own boys.

i also knew someone who finished form NDA and within 2 years he had bought a land in nigeria drives a benz got married, obviously this was not from his salary but from this shaddy stuff they do. usually they never tell you exactly what they do, but we all know its something shaddy.
his CO got the chunk of the money but he was still able to get something tangible to do all this things. and also he was posted to an oil producing state in SS. but he got nothing close to this your ibadan guy.

he probably did something really really shaddy man.

3 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by kodine: 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
Tolexander:
Seems Lt Gen. Buratai was trying to say Boko Haram boys have succeeded in hacking into the Sahara Reporters' website to publish all the Dubai property procurement against him and his two wives.
he was trying to say dos financing BH hv bin defeated on land...now dey are cming after him on cyber space..and he's goin to defeat dem again
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by 4nobody4every1: 1:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:

tongue cool
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 1:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
Kennydoc:

He made $2 million in 3 months just by collecting 500 naira from motorists. That's over 600 million naira in 3 months, which is equivalent to about 6.7million naira everyday. If they extort 500 per motorist, that will be well over 13,000 cars per day.
So your friend alone collected all the money extorted from motorists in the whole city, leaving nothing for all other soldiers, his bosses, the petrol station managements, etc? Guy, lie with ease.
I dont think you quite understood how this happened. there was petrol scarcity in the whole of ibadan and queues were like 1000 meters long. nobody had petrol. so they knew that if the few petrol tankers they could get into ibadan pulls up into the filling stations there will be chaos and anarchy so my friends unit was drafted to be in charge of every petrol tanker that comes into ibadan. so EVERYBODY in ibadan who bought petrol for that 3 months bought it through the army unit and you had to drop something for them before they sold it to you. ALL OF IBADAN who bought petrol dropped lots of money and if you are a rich man and you want preferential treatment you drop like 1000 dollars and they will send gallons of petrol to your house. so this my guys unit had the whole ibadan by the balls. i was there and i was staring in amazement at how easy it was to become a gazillionaire if you were in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
I dont think you quite understood how this happened. there was petrol scarcity in the whole of ibadan and queues were like 1000 meters long. nobody had petrol. so they knew that if the few petrol tankers they could get into ibadan pulls up into the filling stations there will be chaos and anarchy so my friends unit was drafted to be in charge of every petrol tanker that comes into ibadan. so EVERYBODY in ibadan who bought petrol for that 3 months bought it through the army unit and you had to drop something for them before they sold it to you. ALL OF IBADAN who bought petrol dropped lots of money and if you are a rich man and you want preferential treatment you drop like 1000 dollars and they will send gallons of petrol to your house. so this my guys unit had the whole ibadan by the balls. i was there and i was staring in amazement at how easy it was to become a gazillionaire if you were in the right place at the right time.
XketchDesigns:

guy i did not want to quote you but i just had to, that amount you called is ridiculous. that your friend at the time was a lieutenant at most a captain. which means he was answering to other people up the chain, the money does not come to him but rather to someone higher and then the gets his own cut which is obviously not going to be much and then he has to giv to his own boys.

i also knew someone who finished form NDA and within 2 years he had bought a land in nigeria drives a benz got married, obviously this was not from his salary but from this shaddy stuff they do. usually they never tell you exactly what they do, but we all know its something shaddy.
his CO got the chunk of the money but he was still able to get something tangible to do all this things. and also he was posted to an oil producing state in SS. but he got nothing close to this your ibadan guy.

he probably did something really really shaddy man.

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 1:20pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
eph12:

Baba o. Why do you enjoy lying like this? Or is this sarcasm? If that your soldier friend told you he got the money from motorists he lied. He must have done something very bad for him to lie to you like this. And you too believed this? No questions nothing? Bros abeg you dull no vex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
agitator:

And by your definition that is good and smart biz idea, see your life. and you dey try to convince other people say dem dey fight corruption cry cry cry
I never said it was good. am simply saying you dont have to loot to be rich in the army. you can extort the citizens. i didnt say it was good. am just laying out facts
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 1:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
Kennydoc:

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by phlame(m): 1:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:

This 1 don mad undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by ginajet(f): 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
saintkel:
all I see is nonsense, u alone decided to be a card carrying member of APC, u alone should bear d consequence of ur action. Stop disturbing us here pls
sorry ooo tongue tongue tongue
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by ginajet(f): 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
fctguy:

Stop displaying your ignorance publicly angry

#stopbeingused
sorry ooo tongue tongue tongue
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 1:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
neocortex:

I know you to be an "anti-corruption" champion,
when did you start helping accused individuals
to explain their crimes ?
I expected Buratai to be cooling off in EFCC cell right now.
i am not helping accused individuals, I am simply saying he may not be a looter, he may just be one of these army guys who extort money from the public. i never said extortion was a good thing. am simply saying he may not be a looter of public funds to own a 1.5 million house in dubai. i have a friend in the army who is the age mate of burantais son who has a million dollar house in england. so if a young guy in the army can be that rich from extortion then it doesnt have to always be about looting public funds if you are a military man. daz all am saying. i am not condoning it either way.

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by nduchucks: 1:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
I'd like to know where the career soldier raised $1.5million asset.

Buratai needs to shame his enemies by fully disclosing the sources of his financial assets. There is absolutely nothing wrong with becoming rich through legitimate means, but this Boko Haram cyber crap will not cut it.

I still believe that the man is not stupid enough to publicly proclaim his own innocence if he is indeed a fraudulent character.
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
phlame:

This 1 don mad undecided undecided undecided
lol bros, just talk say you never see where army boys dey grind for hotspots of the country. being in the army and being in a hotspot ? you can become a millionaire in pounds in one month
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by wealth123: 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2016
Are you now defending Dieziani? Britain will show her say Khaki no be leather, then if she returns to Nigeria, she will vomit all our yams. IPOB youths and all wailers have been dehumanized by ethnocentrism and illiteracy, they can't even reason objectively. Did you read how GEJ cousin was given $40 million dollars by Dasuki for an unspecified reason from money meant to procure arms? Yet GEJ mr Stealing is not corruption is still your mentor and the best presided Nigeria ever had (in your dreamland). God will punish all of you.

KissCODE:
Watching the drama as it unfolds.

I dont see this case going anywhere. Because Burantai is a Buhari person, he has committed no crime.

He can by pass the law. He can own a property anywhere. Afterall he is a financial prudent man, he knows how to save.

But someone like Deziani Alison who worked for shell oil company & rose to the position of a DIRECTOR is reckless financially and cant save to buy or build a house in Abuja.

Even when we all know that in all Burantai‘s life, he couldnt have been able to save up to $300 thousand from his salary & other approved allowances.

Congrats to Burantai, the man that knows how to save money.

Oh sorry, he has the lergest SNAKE farm in the world. And that SNAKE farm is situated in the moon.

Anyway dont say that I told you. The snake is bokoharam & the farm is NE.
The place has given him so much money.

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by nortcentrallord(m): 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2016
ginajet:
I am an APC card carrying member... You claim to be a consistent critic. Yet you want me to do opposition job for you. And call me names for not doing so.

If I choose to speak against anything my president and his government does, it is on my terms. Not yours. I am not your advocate. So those jejune tags like "double standards", "sycophants" "hypocrites" you bandy about on my posts actually make me pity you.

If you decide to place expectations of an activist on me even when you know I am partisan, find an appropriate tag for yourself.

Lol. I guess you were an apc card carrying member 1st before becoming a Nigerian. So much for hypocrisy. "When the heaven falls, it doesn't kill only a single man".

When an individual looses their sense of reasoning and sense of good and bad, I guess they refer to them as Zomb...

2 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by skywalker001(m): 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
ginajet:

Why pasting this article on every thread my sista ?

2 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Nide: 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:

You're a BIG liar. $10,000 daily, oga biko nu. I don't like what APC is doing but I still love Buhari.
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by eph12(m): 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
[quote author=sukkot post=47038595][/quote]
Payment was in dollars? Alright.
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 2:55pm On Jun 29, 2016
eph12:

Payment was in dollars? Alright.
rich men like arishekola alao and adedibu etc and their likes who operate huge tankers for their daily operations and need petrol and diesel sent their drivers with envelopes full of dollars. you want them to carry a basket full of naira ?
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
Nide:

You're a BIG liar. $10,000 daily, oga biko nu. I don't like what APC is doing but I still love Buhari.
10,000 dollars daily is chicken change compared to the guys at the sea ports and those in charge of minerals and natural resources. these people dey make money oooo. you never jam. plenty army men who have never looted but have 10 million dollars in account in USA and UK. but like they say ? if you exist in a poor mans world you will find it incredulous and unbelievable if they tell you some people are clearing 10,000 dollars daily. me myself i would have never believed it till i saw it with my own two eyes. how do you think all these civil servants have 4 or 5 mansions in abuja ? you think they are looting treasury ? lol you never jam. this country is fantastically corrupt

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by ginajet(f): 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
skywalker001:
Why pasting this article on every thread my sista ?
I want mod to ban me grin grin
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by july66: 3:30pm On Jun 29, 2016
How? When the minister of Defence has already defended him? He is not an opposition element so he is cleared. God dey see una. One day monkey go go market he no go return.

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Oxenomy: 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:

you are a fraud..

2 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by skywalker001(m): 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2016
ginajet:
I want mod to ban me grin grin
lolz grin but I can help u if u really want dem to ban u
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by feedthenation(m): 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
...there's no point in the APC government defending the indefensable...Buratai has been named in this offshore allegation...he should be investigated thoroughly and if found guilty...let him spend some time in custody to reflect on his greediness...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Leah Sharibu: Wole Soyinka Pays Tribute / Umahi Orders Engineers To Commence Work At Akadoro Bridge / Patience Jonathan Must Tell Nigerians How She Built N10b Worth Hotel – CACOL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.