Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,820,994 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate (28272 Views)

Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) / Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets / EFCC Closes In On Ex-gov Over 29 Dubai Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Caveatemptor(m): 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
Doyin2:

The report says that Buratai held shares in the property not as the sole owner.This type of investment is common in Dubai.

BTW the investment was mentioned in his Assets Declaration Form.

Until further investigation proofs otherwise,the fact remains as claimed.Only God knows the truth!

We should not be deliberately mischievous when analysing issues.Your analysis is based on a premise not given in the case study.

The original Sahara reporters story said Burantai paid for the first property in one four installments while he bought the second property a few weeks after he became chief of the Army,and he paid in one lump sum.
Burantai owns the two houses outright and no amount of spin can save him because the integrity of this government's anti corruption mantra will be thoroughly tested through this case.

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by linohlex: 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
ajeleseujn:
I just don't know why the FG is defending this guy
ur president knows better ask him and u will be given a proper reason for his defence oh now i remember his is a saint
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Optofrank: 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
army boys dont necessary have to loot to be rich

i had a friend in the army who was posted to ibadan. during that petrol scarcity they were in charge of all the filling stations and everyone had to pay him to get petrol. on a day at that gas station and gas stations all over ibadan he was making like 10,000 dollars. this whole exercise lasted for 3 months or so. this was a little while back. my nigga went to england and bought a house cash down with the money. he must have made 2 million dollars. point being army boys dont necessarily have to loot to have 1.5 million houses in dubai. they extort from the public

And this is a good practice?
Listen to yourself

3 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Ojiofor: 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
Trap don catch the wrong meat and they will let it go and continue their hunt for Ihejirika and others who worked under GEJ.
Buhari is a disaster to democracy and rule of law.

4 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by cyprex: 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
There must be no sacred cows.
The value of the property is beyond any regular saving ability.

Baba, do not give room for doubt about this anti-corruption crusade, do the needful, direct EFCC to probe Buratai ASAP.

Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by poseidon12: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:

i had a friend in the army who was posted to ibadan. during that petrol scarcity they were in charge of all the filling stations and everyone had to pay him to get petrol. on a day at that gas station and gas stations all over ibadan he was making like 10,000 dollars. this whole exercise lasted for 3 months or so. this was a little while back. my nigga went to england and bought a house cash down with the money. he must have made 2 million dollars. point being army boys dont necessarily have to loot to have 1.5 million houses in dubai. they extort from the public

Is there any difference between looting public money and extorting money from the public? It's very obvious that the funds General Buratai used in buying those Dubai properties are proceeds of corruption. Mr Buhari should let Nigerians know if he's actually fighting corruption or just witch hunting political opponents.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
poseidon12:

Is there any difference between looting public money and extorting money from the public? It's very obvious that the funds General Buratai used in buying those Dubai properties are proceeds of corruption. Mr Buhari should let Nigerians know if he's actually fighting corruption or just witch hunting political opponents.
not really lol. not much difference
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2016
Optofrank:

And this is a good practice?
Listen to yourself
you never heard me say its good practice
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2016
Oxenomy:
you are a fraud..
why am i a fraud ? what i do ?
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by BlackSeptember: 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
Enahi:

10, 000$ chai you can lie sha even lie Muhammad need to learn from you. You didn't even mention Lagos, Ibadan my ass
can i see the ass grin cheesy grin
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by poseidon12: 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
I hope SaharaReporters clarify if the claim of Lt. Gen. Buratai is true. Does he own part of the property or hundred percent of it?

SaharaReporters started this quest. They should either end or continue it.

The government is talking nonsense. SR do not need to explain further. It's an apartment that they bought. The apartment is part of several other apartments in a large building. Of course General Buratai did not buy the whole building (which contains several apartments).
It's investment property. This type of investment is common in financially developed countries. The issue is not whether they bought the whole building or just an apartment. The issue is that he invested $1.5million which is suspected to be corruptly acquired.

2 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Ussyberry(m): 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
Why didn't DHQ decide the fate of that soldier that came to court in uniform?

2 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by ginajet(f): 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
skywalker001:
lolz grin but I can help u if u really want dem to ban u
don't help me... i want to get the ban myself... But you can give me a clue wink wink
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by poseidon12: 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
Nellybii:

People making noise here are the same people that said Sahara reporters is APC. You guys should never be taken seriously at all. Pathetic!! awww

May be, but let us know what you think about the issue of Buratai buying $1.5million properties in Dubai.

2 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Dynamitehimself(m): 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hmmmm burutai see gobe grin grin
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by BlackSeptember: 5:32pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
I never said it was good. am simply saying you dont have to loot to be rich in the army. you can extort the citizens. i didnt say it was good. am just laying out facts
can't u jux keep quiet with this your dullard analysis. Extortion of helpless citizen is worst than stealing

4 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
not really lol. not much difference
Senior military officers get commissions from illegal oil bunkering too. Infact, there are many loopholes thru which politicians, generals and civil servants make illicit money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Kennydoc(m): 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
I dont think you quite understood how this happened. there was petrol scarcity in the whole of ibadan and queues were like 1000 meters long. nobody had petrol. so they knew that if the few petrol tankers they could get into ibadan pulls up into the filling stations there will be chaos and anarchy so my friends unit was drafted to be in charge of every petrol tanker that comes into ibadan. so EVERYBODY in ibadan who bought petrol for that 3 months bought it through the army unit and you had to drop something for them before they sold it to you. ALL OF IBADAN who bought petrol dropped lots of money and if you are a rich man and you want preferential treatment you drop like 1000 dollars and they will send gallons of petrol to your house . so this my guys unit had the whole ibadan by the balls. i was there and i was staring in amazement at how easy it was to become a gazillionaire if you were in the right place at the right time.

Looking at the point in bold, I now realise you're talking rubbish. There's no point engaging you any further.
Take care of yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by bugzy84: 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
Pack of lies. I live in Dubai and can confidently say The First Group (TFG) owned building in question caters for 'timesharers'. TFG are a timeshare oriented company always looking for 'investors'. According to their sales people at the Mall of the Emirates they have offices and accounts in Lagos and Abuja and can be found at Dubai Airport.

2 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 7:03pm On Jun 29, 2016
Kennydoc:

Looking at the point in bold, I now realise you're talking rubbish. There's no point engaging you any further.
Take care of yourself.
bruv the 1000 dollars is cuz they operate lots of trailers and huge lorries for their operations. they dont drop 1000 dollars so they can drive their cars. its so they can continue their business. someone like ekene dili chukwu if he was in that situation for all his buses to be operational in fuel scarcity can drop 5000 dollars for you to deliver 50 jerrycans of fuel to his house. you just dont know
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
BlackSeptember:
can't u jux keep quiet with this your dullard analysis. Extortion of helpless citizen is worst than stealing
of course its worse. who is arguing about that ? am simply laying out several loopholes these military men get rich without directly looting treasury
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by jude90(m): 7:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
u will see that this matter will just end there
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Kennydoc(m): 8:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
bruv the 1000 dollars is cuz they operate lots of trailers and huge lorries for their operations. they dont drop 1000 dollars so they can drive their cars. its so they can continue their business. someone like ekene dili chukwu if he was in that situation for all his buses to be operational in fuel scarcity can drop 5000 dollars for you to deliver 50 jerrycans of fuel to his house. you just dont know

$5000 for 50 gallons of petrol? That is over 1.5 million naira for not more than 2500 litres of fuel, at over 600 naira per litre. I guess you think those guys pluck money from trees.
Guy, some of us here are rational. That's all I can tell you.
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 8:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
Kennydoc:

$5000 for 50 gallons of petrol? That is over 1.5 million naira for not more than 2500 litres of fuel, at over 600 naira per litre. Cos you think those guys pluck money from trees.
Guy, some of us here are rational. That's all I can tell you.
bruh, you are not using your brain. if i operate trailers and huge buses for my business like dangote and ekene dili chukwu and the daily earnings from all my operations is like 50,000 dollars a day, and there is petrol scarcity that can grind my whole business to a halt what is there in greasing a few palms for 5000 dollars so i can get all the petrol and diesel i need to keep my daily operations going ? stop thinking like a poor man sometimes you have to be able to project your mind out of poverty and try to think about the daily operations of men with huge resources and buinesses. to you 5000 dollars is big money but to them its just what they have to spend to keep operations going. THINK

ANYWAY AM DONE CUZ ITS OBVIOUS YOUR MIND IS TRAPPED IN MYOPIC POVERTY OUTLOOK.
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by blackestboy: 8:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Kennydoc(m): 9:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
bruh, you are not using your brain. if i operate trailers and huge buses for my business like dangote and ekene dili chukwu and the daily earnings from all my operations is like 50,000 dollars a day, and there is petrol scarcity that can grind my whole business to a halt what is there in greasing a few palms for 5000 dollars so i can get all the petrol and diesel i need to keep my daily operations going ? stop thinking like a poor man sometimes you have to be able to project your mind out of poverty and try to think about the daily operations of men with huge resources and buinesses. to you 5000 dollars is big money but to them its just what they have to spend to keep operations going. THINK

Guy stop talking rubbish! Are you using your brain at all? You think everybody here is a slowpoke that you're reeling out figures without reasoning?

If Ekenedilichukwu makes $50,000 a day, does he make the money only in Ibadan? You talked about what happened in Ibadan. Why not mention businesses based in Ibadan which owners can pull out $5000 just to bribe military personnel for a few gallons of petrol.

You think business men throw away money just like that? Maybe you're an Internet fraudster and dont realise how hard genuine business men work to make their money, for you to think they will use over 1.5million to bribe a soldier for a few gallons of fuel. Now we're not even talking about the amount such a businessman will spend all over the nation, but in Ibadan alone.
Are you with your senses at all?

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by skywalker001(m): 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
ginajet:
don't help me... i want to get the ban myself... But you can give me a clue wink wink
just abuse me and am gonna report you and u wil get ur ban as u wish for
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by XketchDesigns(m): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
sukkot:

guy go siddon. if truly he got so much money, then he did something really shaddy man.
nobody will bribe with that amount on a daily basis for fuel, not in nigeria and definately not in ibadan.
you didnt even say the filling station owners bribing but normal people, guy reason with your brain man.

if your friend fooled you, dont think you can do it to us.
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by skywalker001(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
ginajet:
ginajet my sweet sister...
How are you doing ?
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by ginajet(f): 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
skywalker001:
ginajet my sweet sister...
How are you doing ?
my brother am fine, hope you are flexing this public holiday?
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by skywalker001(m): 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
ginajet:
my brother am fine, hope you are flexing this public holiday?
My sister no b small thing grin

Meanwhile, pls my sister i need ur help and support for
the upcoming event on nairaland wch I
knw u already knw bout it...
Pls don't turn ur brother down and ur
support will be highly needed...
Wil b looking forward to hear frm u soonest
Thanks in anticipation my dear sister grin
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by ginajet(f): 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
skywalker001:
My sister no b small thing grin

Meanwhile, pls my sister i need ur help and support for
the upcoming event on nairaland wch I
knw u already knw bout it...
Pls don't turn ur brother down and ur
support will be highly needed...
Wil b looking forward to hear frm u soonest
Thanks in anticipation my dear sister grin
I got your back anyday anytime

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of President Buhari And Geoffrey Onyeama At The African Finance Summit / Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate, Umo Eno Convicted / Bola Tinubu Gives His First Address As President (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.