Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,329 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone (767 Views)

I Wasn't Intrested In Her Until She Said Goodbye / "It Wasn't Love At First Sight": Pretty Lady As She Shares Pre-Wedding Photos / I Wasn't Abducted, I Was With My Boyfriend - Housewife Rescued From Kidnappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by SunehriLasgidi(f): 8:13pm On Jun 29, 2016
Conventional marriage is the socially accepted union of a man and woman under the eyes of the law (society).

We need to understand that marriage is another social institution created by humans for different reasons. Were it that marriage was so divine, Jesus would have gotten married. What did he say about marriage? Here is an excerpt from Mathew 19 VS 11 and 12.

11Jesus answered, “This teaching does not apply to everyone, but only to those to whom God has given it.

12For there are different reasons why men cannot marry: some, because they were born that way: others, because men made them that way; and others do not marry for the sake of the kingdom of the kingdom of heaven. Let him who can accept this teaching to do.

There goes! When some people go about making other people miserable by judging their marital status, they forget this part of the Holy Book. Well, most of us are interested in the messages that suit us.
Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by SunehriLasgidi(f): 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
Why get married when you feel you are not suited for it?

We, the society, have to accept that not all of are designed for “conventional marriage” for different reasons:

1.Some People Were Not Programmed for Monogamy

In the real sense, when we think of conventional marriage, the first thing that comes to mind is is monogamy. For some weird reasons, some people cheat on their spouses. Cheating is to them what breast milk is to new born babies. No matter how hard they try, they cheat on their partners. It’s just who they are. A man can practice polygamy with the hopes that it would curb cheating. What about women that cheat on their partners? Yes, women cheat, too.

2.Not Everyone is Heterosexual

“Heterosexuality is not normal; it’s just common.”- Dorothy Parker. The earlier we admit that some of us have inherent homosexual inclinations, the better for us. Marriage is not the panacea for homosexuality. Getting married will not straighten anyone out. Some paths cannot be straightened. There are situations where a couple is “happily” married only for one of the partners to have a lover in that “close friend” that’s always around. Why get married when you’ll seek sexual and emotional gratification from other corners? Why not get married to your “one true love”? In some societies, such union is seen as “unconventional marriage”. And for the record, homosexuality is also emotional.Not just sexual.

Read More on http://www.thefemmemedia.com/editorial/reasons-why-conventional-marriage-was-not-meant-for-everyone/
Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
IT IS good for a lady and a man to get married. @op everyone is made for marriage, do not be deceive with the notion that its not everyone that is made for marriage. God made Adam and gave him eve. Abraham had sarah, Joseph had mary, so you see @op those that are saying they dont believe in marriage, are those that have never fell in love or those that took their career as their top priority instead of balancing the two.
Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by SunehriLasgidi(f): 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
Did you read the part of the bible where Jesus said marriage isn't for everyone?

If marriage were so important, Jesus would have gotten married.

Adam and Eve story is a myth. Why would you believe a snake talked?

How would you believe the sun was made on the fourth day?

Please, don't use the bible as a reference in this case.

We'll be logical here.

Let's reason like intelligent beings with minds.

Thanks.

SAINTSAMURAII:
IT IS good for a lady and a man to get married. @op everyone is made for marriage, do not be deceive with the notion that its not everyone that is made for marriage. God made Adam and gave him eve. Abraham had sarah, Joseph had mary, so you see @op those that are saying they dont believe in marriage, are those that have never fell in love or those that took their career as their top priority instead of balancing the two.
Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
SunehriLasgidi:
Did you read the part of the bible where Jesus said marriage isn't for everyone?

If marriage were so important, Jesus would have gotten married.

Adam and Eve story is a myth. Why would you believe a snake talked?

How would you believe the sun was made on the fourth day?

Please, don't use the bible as a reference in this case.

We'll be logical here.

Let's reason like intelligent beings with minds.

Thanks.

You dont understand what that passage of the bible is talking about. Jesus not being married has nothing to do with human ideology, there is a reason why he came to this world, which is to die for us and wash away our sins, he came under spiritual law, Jesus is the son GOD, his mission is straight and forward, that was why he started preaching at a young age. but we are humans, made from dust. marriage is good for us, we must bear children and note the story of Adam and eve is a true life story.
Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
Brilliant piece!

wink
Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by SunehriLasgidi(f): 8:38pm On Jun 29, 2016
By the way, who is Jesus?

He is foreign to my culture.

I'm not from Israel.

Tell me about Jesus.

And don't forget that part where he says not everyone is meant to be married.

SAINTSAMURAII:
You dont understand what that passage of the bible is talking about. Jesus not being married has nothing to do with human ideology, there is a reason why he came to this world, which is to die for us and wash away our sins, he came under spiritual law, Jesus is the son GOD, his mission is straight and forward, that was why he started preaching at a young age. but we are humans, made from dust. marriage is good for us, we must bear children and note the story of Adam and eve is a true life story.
Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2016
SunehriLasgidi:
By the way, who is Jesus?

He is foreign to my culture.

I'm not from Israel.

Tell me about Jesus.

And don't forget that part where he says not everyone is meant to be married.

JESUS IS the son of a living GOD, aka the almighty, the ancient of days, Jesus died for us on the cross of calvary just to wash away our sins, after that he was given all power and authority, both in heaven and on earth, that who so ever believe in him shall be safe.
Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by SunehriLasgidi(f): 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2016
(Exhales) Finally! A reasonable mind! Thanks, dear.

Estharfabian:
Brilliant piece!

wink
Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by SunehriLasgidi(f): 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
Wait ... You believe a snake talked in the Garden of Eden?

If you believe that, I guess it's bye.

At least, let your beliefs work for you.

SAINTSAMURAII:
JESUS IS the son of a living GOD, aka the almighty, the ancient of days, Jesus died for us on the cross of calvary just to wash away our sins, after that he was given all power and authority, both in heaven and on earth, that who so ever believe in him shall be safe.
Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
SunehriLasgidi:
Wait ... You believe a snake talked in the Garden of Eden?

If you believe that, I guess it's bye.

At least, let your beliefs work for you.

lol funny you. i must make u believe, u aint going nowhere.
Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by SunehriLasgidi(f): 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
Go joor! Hehehehe... Why would you believe a snake could talk?

How would you believe that Noah got penguins from Antarctica?

Guy, you are too strange!

SAINTSAMURAII:
lol funny you. i must make u believe, u aint going nowhere.
Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
SunehriLasgidi:
Go joor! Hehehehe... Why would you believe a snake could talk?

How would you believe that Noah got penguins from Antarctica?

Guy, you are too strange!

Lol its the truth, there are historical proof, even scientist themselves are now seeing the truth for themself.
Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
SunehriLasgidi:
(Exhales) Finally! A reasonable mind! Thanks, dear.

You're welcome...wink

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Conventional Marriage Wasn't Meant For Everyone by SunehriLasgidi(f): 9:09pm On Jun 29, 2016
The Noah Story is similar to the Epic of Gilgamesh... Issorai'

SAINTSAMURAII:
Lol its the truth, there are historical proof, even scientist themselves are now seeing the truth for themself.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Spit On My Pictures / Eight Questions A Guy Should Ask Himself Before Going Into A Relationship / Any Single Lady Who Cuts Her Hair Is Frustrated From Waiting To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.