Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Elechi Amadi Is Dead - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Elechi Amadi Is Dead (49123 Views)

Elechi Amadi And His Wife, Priye Iyalla-Amadi In Nairobi, Kenya / Literary Icon And Author Of 'the Concubine' Elechi Amadi, Dies At 82 / Foremost Writer Elechi Amadi Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Gassa007: 7:04am On Jun 30, 2016
Enahi:

You Igbos should leave the Ikwerres alone, haba you dumbos need to learn about names allover the world. Just because they bear igbo names doesn't make them igbo, there are so many people allover world who bear similar native names but are from different places and
ethnicity.

Igbos sure have a long way to go, with the intelligent brain wey God give una u people still dey reason like mumus.
They bear Igbo names,practice Igbo culture, Igbo attire, everything in Igbo name.So what are we talking about here now??

2 Likes

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by PhilemonObende: 7:05am On Jun 30, 2016
lyricalpontiff:
He is the greatest writer in Africa, just that he is not yoruba or Igbo.

If you start killing Igbos all over the country for your fulani lords will you spare people with the name Amadi? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Enahi(f): 7:10am On Jun 30, 2016
Gassa007:

They bear Igbo names,practice Igbo culture, Igbo attire, everything in Igbo name.So what are we talking about here now??

They obviously don't want to identify or be part of you guys so please let them be. And the language ain't pure igbo, cultures might be similar just like some parts of the world people practice the same culture but that doesn't make them same.
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by PhilemonObende: 7:13am On Jun 30, 2016
Ariani:
The confusionist, who sowed the seed of Igbophobia on the heart of Ikwerre youths.

He wrote the Concubine when he was "Ibo" and it reflected on the novel, as he kept making reference to the great "Ibo".

RIP to him.

He was Ibo when he wrote the concunbine, then when the Abookies sold the 'Ibo are the problem' propaganda so they can take oil, as educated as he is. He bought it, how many oil wells did he eventally own?

Never knew he was still alive, he must have quiet all these years after ruminating and regretting on his role on past events.

1 Like

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by drchux(m): 7:18am On Jun 30, 2016
A brilliant author who brought joy and happiness to so many. I still relish my teenage days when his literally works are among the spices of my life. May he RIP.

1 Like

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by slinkky(m): 7:21am On Jun 30, 2016
RIP Great writer. I enjoyed reading your book the concubine.
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by sarutobie(m): 7:25am On Jun 30, 2016
Enahi:

They obviously don't want to identify or be part of you guys so please let them be. And the language ain't pure igbo, cultures might be similar just like some parts of the world people practice the same culture but that doesn't make them same.
what is "pure igbo"? the dialect spoken in ngwa land? or the one in anambra? or the one in nsukka? or the one in owerri? or the one in ohafia?? or the one spoken in ikwerre? do you even know the difference between dialect and language?? can an anambra man fully understand the dialect of an abiriba man? even though they are all IGBO language?

3 Likes

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by prodiG(m): 7:28am On Jun 30, 2016
Daliano:
The Concubine was a hit back to back.From the fight between Emenike and Madume to Wakiri the chief wag to the pretty but unfortunate Ihuoma.Elechi typified story telling at its peak.

Take a bow sir and continue to rest in the bosom of the lord.
You 4got ekwueme cheesy
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Akposb(m): 7:32am On Jun 30, 2016
Fine writer and I totally enjoyed his village themed stories.
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Daliano(m): 7:33am On Jun 30, 2016
prodiG:
You 4got ekwueme cheesy

Ooh...I remember now.
Ekwueme one of the main characters that asked for Ihuoma's hand in marriage when she was still mourning the death of Emenike and later climbed a tree refusing to come down until Ihuoma agrees to marry him.
Very unfortunate that he died the way he died.

1 Like

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Efe3: 7:35am On Jun 30, 2016
lyricalpontiff:
He is the greatest writer in Africa, just that he is not yoruba or Igbo.

you dey find trouble o
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by PhilemonObende: 7:38am On Jun 30, 2016
Ariani:

Point out one part of my post that is false.

The characters in " the concubine" were repeately referred as Ibos by the Young Elechi Amadi, is it not obvious that Elechi considered himself an Ibo, when he was writing that story line?

Is it not true that after the war, Elechi Amadi metamorphosed to Relechi Ramadi and was the the cheerleader in the Igbophophic campaign that had since taken root and grown into an Orji tree in Ikwerrreland today?

Did Relechi Ramadi not doctor a book where he claimed against all known human rationality and logic, that Ikwerre migrated from Bini and are Bini people?

Did Relechi Ramadi not become irrelevant in the literature world after the civil war when he became consumed with Igbophobia and reduced himself to a parochial writer blinded by Igbophobic sentiments?

I wonder how many oil wells the Abookies finally allocated to him as Ramadi Relechi. No wonder he simply kept quiet all these years in regret, We all thought he was dead.
Big lesson.

Anyway, we never wished him no evil. Sleep well Ramadi Relechi!

1 Like

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Enahi(f): 7:40am On Jun 30, 2016
sarutobie:

what is "pure igbo"? the dialect spoken in ngwa land? or the one in anambra? or the one in nsukka? or the one in owerri? or the one in ohafia?? or the one spoken in ikwerre? do you even know the difference between dialect and language?? can an anambra man fully understand the dialect of an abiriba man? even though they are all IGBO language?

Nooooo I don't know the difference between dialect and language, oya come and teach me o.
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by imagrg(m): 7:45am On Jun 30, 2016
Elechi Amadi, you are not dead but sleeping. Your works are awake and speaking for you. Wake up in eternity and take the glory; that is, if you didn't deny anyone his/her life! Rest in peace daddy, wake up to eternal life!
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by PhilemonObende: 7:46am On Jun 30, 2016
Enahi:

You Igbos should leave the Ikwerres alone, haba you dumbos need to learn about names allover the world. Just because they bear igbo names doesn't make them igbo, there are so many people allover world who bear similar native names but are from different places and
ethnicity.

Igbos sure have a long way to go, with the intelligent brain wey God give una u people still dey reason like mumus.

Madam 'Sensible', don't your Ikwerres know where to find Benin names? Since they are Bini people?
If they decide today to start bearing names like Osanubua, odion, Igodomigodi. We won't be here.

Igbo names are Igbo heritage and properties. It is God's gift to Igbos. You don't have a right to insult Igbos for defending their heritage from being used by riff-raffs who have decided to be foooled by abookies.

There are many sensible Ikwere Igbo just like there also some annoying Nnewi Igbo. But a spade must be called a spade, palatable to your ears or not.

4 Likes

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Omoluabi16(m): 7:49am On Jun 30, 2016
I still can't comprehend this igbo/Ikwerre animosity. Most ikwerres here consistently denied being Igbo. So why ar the igbo's hell bent on including them in their proposed biafra? Stay with your 5 states and stop assuming the Riverine/Ss/Nd are part of you! This legend died and some igbo supremacists have come here spouting crap.
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2016
Nigeria has really lost a great writer. My favourite novel of his is sunset in biafra were he gave a vivid account of the nigerian civil war.RIP sir.
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by sarutobie(m): 7:54am On Jun 30, 2016
Enahi:

Nooooo I don't know the difference between dialect and language, oya come and teach me o.
save the sarcasm. I have already illuminated your ignorance on the fallacy of a "pure igbo" dialect/language

4 Likes

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Enahi(f): 7:58am On Jun 30, 2016
PhilemonObende:

Madam 'Sensible', don't your Ikwerres know where to find Benin names? Since they are Bini people?
If they decide today to start bearing names like Osanubua, odion, Igodomigodi. We won't be here.

Igbo names are Igbo heritage and properties. It is God's gift to Igbos. You don't have a right to insult Igbos for defending their heritage from being used by riff-raffs who have decided to be foooled by abookies.

There are many sensible Ikwere Igbo just like there also some annoying Nnewi Igbo. But a spade must be called a spade, palatable to your ears or not.

I am asking you why do Igbos also bear English names, Ikwerres ain't igbo. They are proud of who they are so let them be.
I laugh at times when some of you make stupid comments on nairaland, a successful and enlightened Ikwerre man or woman doesn't know you Igbos exist they don't even talk about Biafra and you nitwits will come on nairaland to type jargons.
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by dreamwords: 8:01am On Jun 30, 2016
Omoluabi16:
I still can't comprehend this igbo/Ikwerre animosity. Most ikwerres here consistently denied being Igbo. So why ar the igbo's hell bent on including them in their proposed biafra? Stay with your 5 states and stop assuming the Riverine/Ss/Nd are part of you! This legend died and some igbo supremacists have come here spouting crap.
Just like we have ikweres that seperate themselves from other igbos , there are also ikweres thar accept that they are igbos,,
Btw i dont care because ikwere is not the only igbo group in river state,

2 Likes

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Enahi(f): 8:03am On Jun 30, 2016
Omoluabi16:

As in eh at times I wonder if it's the same igbo people I interact with and have as friends that are on nairaland. The Igbos on nairaland are obviously different from the Igbos I know in real life, I think the ones on nairaland are the spare parts dealers and the riff raffs. I have never heard an igbo person mention biafra to me and it baffles me.

2 Likes

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by queencalipso(f): 8:05am On Jun 30, 2016
9japatroit:
ikwerres are igbos.

They said they are not, so they are not. We have to respect their decision.

No one can force you to be who you don't wanna be even if you are.
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by SarahD(f): 8:05am On Jun 30, 2016
May his soul rest in peace. Amen
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by dreamwords: 8:06am On Jun 30, 2016
Enahi:

I am asking you why do Igbos also bear English names, Ikwerres ain't igbo. They are proud of who they are so let them be.
I laugh at times when some of you make stupid comments on nairaland, a successful and enlightened Ikwerre man or woman doesn't know you Igbos exist they don't even talk about Biafra and you nitwits will come on nairaland to type jargons.
the leader of massob, Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra is an Ikwerre man

2 Likes

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by PhilemonObende: 8:08am On Jun 30, 2016
Enahi:

You are talking crap, you sounded better whenever you claim you are 'SS who hate Igbo' under your brown roof.
Igbo are not forcing anyone to be Igbo or not. They are too busy breaking intellectual boundaries, making giant strides globally, getting elected to lead people in USA, Britain and even 'racist' poland.
Telling us to forget that Ikweres were Igbo pre-civil war and only became Ikwere post-civil war is like telling us to throw away our history books and stop documenting historical factoids. Does your inconsequential self have a right to tell us that? Of course not! So naff off and find a 'we ss yoruba hate Igbo' thread. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Wenebadu(f): 8:09am On Jun 30, 2016
canDy4eva:
ibu wenem? Ibu oye ihuruoha?
mbu ye ihwuruoha kpomkwem
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Wenebadu(f): 8:10am On Jun 30, 2016
danbrowndmf:
ikwere meka wey
dieli!!
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Wenebadu(f): 8:11am On Jun 30, 2016
Aristotle96:
what part of ikwerre u from?
emolga
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by ruffDiamond: 8:11am On Jun 30, 2016
cry damn remember reading the concubine ..Rip great write r

The death of writer diminishes me cry
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by dreamwords: 8:12am On Jun 30, 2016
Wenebadu:
mbu ye ihwuruoha kpomkwem
And if u are not igbo , you should stop speaking that stuff here cause that conversation is igbo
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Wenebadu(f): 8:14am On Jun 30, 2016
Doublyu:
Yes he has.. wat part of ph are u?
rumuolumeni but i school in bayelsa
Re: Elechi Amadi Is Dead by Enahi(f): 8:15am On Jun 30, 2016
PhilemonObende:

You are talking crap, you sounded better whenever you claim you are 'SS who hate Igbo' under your brown roof.
Igbo are not forcing anyone to be Igbo or not. They are too busy breaking intellectual boundaries, making giant strides globally, getting elected to lead people in USA, Britain and even 'racist' poland.
Telling us to forget that Ikweres were Igbo pre-civil war and only became Ikwere post-civil war is like telling us to throw away our history books and stop documenting historical factoids. Does your inconsequential self have a right to tell us that? Of course not! So naff off and find a 'we ss yoruba hate Igbo' thread. grin cheesy

Very childish and daft comment any way I won't reply you anymore. U are just too dumb!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Love and Diamonds / Onyeka Nwelue: "A Lady Asked For Sex Before She Could Give Me Loan"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.