Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? (20612 Views)

For How Long Can Nigeria Wait For A President Who Is Incapacitated?- Ayo Fayose / A Plan Without A Plan (can Biafra Learn From The Brexit?) / Nigeria Learn: Senegal Gets Rid Of Its Senate To Save Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by onespecial(m): 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
sumborri:
list those things you have in comparative advantage to survive. Agriculture? technology ? Oil ? Trade? Love amongst all tribes in biafra ? Please tell me the political structure of the biafran government. Would it be a federal like one? What states have indicated via a referndum to be part of the union. What are the economic plans as no nation is an island, talkmore of one with no access to the sea and undeveloped inland water ways that will criss cross another country called the SS. And yes, the SS have no business with igbo leeches

Igbos are leeches yet, you want them to see reason and remain with you in same country.

What have you achieved with your million water ways and sea exposure if not to scheme and see that other water ways down south do not thrive ?

You are not ashamed of yourself same as Nigeria using such word as SS. What is South south ? Even if u accept SS as a correct term, how come the geographical make up of that SS is in u shape ? Evil and propaganda created such term. How come so called SE is in the middle of SS, where as Akwaibom and Calabar that are in the far East are in SS ?

Whether SS joins or not shouldn't be your concern. Your concern now should be to plan for economic and political life after Nigeria.

Igbo land touches the sea whether u accept that or not is not my concern, more over we have Ibibio Efik neighbours who are in good terms with us.

4 Likes

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by agitator: 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
wellmax:

I find your comments intelligent and devoid of the usual NLders way of using foul words when they run out of ideas.

lol, this people never disappoint. grin grin grin grin

first words, response to other posters .

sumborri:
to be dull is a crime against nature bro, read the topic, its a clear question. My post is a simple intro, must u be spoon fed ?

sumborri:
[b ] dumb*o [/b] read the topic its open for views, I am not ur teacher , who should be saddled with spoon feeding you. If I wanted to write deeply, you can't read till the end with any understanding being a tyypical nigerian product of cram and pour, if you don't have any contribution as to what nigeria can learn from the errors of the brexit. Go and sleep

and this one is to a whole tribe

sumborri:
list those things you have in comparative advantage to survive. Agriculture? technology ? Oil ? Trade? Love amongst all tribes in biafra ? Please tell me the political structure of the biafran government. Would it be a federal like one? What states have indicated via a referndum to be part of the union. What are the economic plans as no nation is an island, talkmore of one with no access to the sea and undeveloped inland water ways that will criss cross another country called the SS. And yes, the SS have no business with igbo leeches

As everyone can see these are compliments. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by vigasimple(m): 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
OP should stop comparing Apples with Oranges in trying to defend a discredited 'one Nigeria' scam.

Nigeria is not making progress as things stand. True federalism or regional power devolution will make this country much better.

Brexit is the British equivalent of Nigeria pulling out of Ecowas.

As it is power is greatly devolved between the 4 componets part of the UK

3 Likes

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by sumborri: 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
izzou:
OP, i commend you for this writeup but i think you should be a little bit OPEN MINDED.

Firstly, you may see the consequences of brexit being applicable to biafra but the are from two different causes.
The main reason the brexit prevailed was due to immigration issues followed by sovereignity. In biafra case, they feel cheated. You cant compare their reasons

Am an Igbo and i dont support biafra but that doesnt mean they dont have a cause. I think nigerians should spend more time on how we can make sure the hold of power is fair and not the consequences that we befall biafra
Look at our government today, some zones are being cheated. Some zones have ruled more than anybody else. 90 percent of our oil blocs are owned by a particular sect in another person's land.

My opinion sha. Thanks for the thread
they have genuine grieviances, I am igbo too. And similar to you, I have no belief in biafra because I feel sentiments has beclouded reason in that struggle. The brits had reasons they felt were genuine for the brexit, yet most of the consequences you see today were very clear from the onset, yet they didn't see it due to their egoistic sentiments on matters relating to imigration.

The EU has stated that no access to the free market if they won't allow free passage, thus if britian loses the free market , economically they will have to look overseas for business in an already chinese concnetrated markket. Yet if they succumb to the EU, then they return to square one. Thus why the brexit.

The point is that such a noble act of seccesion could be counterproductive if not based on sound unbiased judgement and people choices. The biafrans have a good cause, have they discussed life after biafra is acheived ? The answer is likely NO. Have they discussed any pertinent issues to nation building ? NO. Even many in the regions don't understand the merits or demerits of the seccesion and yet biafra is being agittated. To prevent room for regrets like the brexit. They must plan first, strategise second, model thirdly and lastly agitate

2 Likes

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by charlesucheh(m): 3:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
Your Opinion though! But I tell you, the Whites are more proactive to issues than we here in africa (from observation).....The Lizard cannot just destroy a termite cave if it's not sure of getting its meal......

1 Like

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by agitator: 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
vigasimple:
OP should stop comparing Apples with Oranges in trying to defend a discredited 'one Nigeria' scam.

Nigeria is not making progress as things stand. True federalism or regional power devolution will make this country much better.

Brexit is the British equivalent of Nigeria pulling out of Ecowas.

As it is power is greatly devolved between the 4 componets part of the UK

Bros allow am make him continue to decieve and disgrace himself, now him done become igbo too. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by onespecial(m): 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
sumborri:

British citizens have chosen their fate, it is not in your position to pity them or determine that they have failed already. Britain will only lose Europe market size, nothing else.

Don't bother about us and thank you for your advise, we have our plans.

We had a government in 1967 after Biafran declaration even through the war, so don't underestimate our capabilities. We got our currency, military, government, economy, infact it was a growing ideal state till Gowon came with his war backed by international allies who want to steal and are still stealing from project Ngeria.

Plan for yoruba, u should be ashamed that people who are landlocked are seeking for nationhood while you with all access to the sea want to die in a failed Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by izzou(m): 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
sumborri:
they have genuine grieviances, I am igbo too. And similar to you, I have no belief in biafra because I feel sentiments has beclouded reason in that struggle. The brits had reasons they felt were genuine for the brexit, yet most of the consequences you see today were very clear from the onset, yet they didn't see it due to their egoistic sentiments on matters relating to imigration.

The EU has stated that no access to the free market if they won't allow free passage, thus if britian loses the free market , economically they will have to look overseas for business in an already chinese concnetrated markket. Yet if they succumb to the EU, then they return to square one. Thus why the brexit.

The point is that such a noble act of seccesion could be counterproductive if not based on sound unbiased judgement and people choices. The biafrans have a good cause, have they discussed life after biafra is acheived ? The answer is likely NO. Have they discussed any pertinent issues to nation building ? NO. Even many in the regions don't understand the merits or demerits of the seccesion and yet biafra is being agittated. To prevent room for regrets like the brexit. They must plan first, strategise second, model thirdly and lastly agitate

Sure

Well said
Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by precious1967(m): 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
nothing
Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by agitator: 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
onespecial:

British citizens have chosen their fate, it is not in your position to pity them or determine that they have failed already. Britain will only lose Europe market size, nothing else.

We had a government in 1967 after Biafran declaration even through the war, so don't underestimate our capabilities. We got our currency, military, government, economy, infact it was a growing ideal state till Gowon came with his war backed by international allies who want to steal and are still stealing from project Ngeria.

Plan for yoruba, u should be ashamed that people who are landlocked are seeking for nationhood while you with all access to the sea want to die in a failed Nigeria.

That is my problem with this people, you say someone is not important in one breath in the next minute you put fear in their minds through propaganda for them to remain. Who is fooling who. His he pitying UK that is light years advanced than Nigeria?

It is just laughable. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by sumborri: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2016
kernel501:

It surprises me, when comparing Brexit in relation to Nigeria-Biafra. Britain has enjoyed lots of facilities as a member of Europe, unlike Biafra in Nigeria. Every single thing seems to be wrong in the case of Nigeria to Biafra. Who will want to associated to Nigeria where the standard of education is poor, no good road, insurgency on the rise,no power, poverty on the rise, inflation at work, unemployment and tribalism etc

If this is the country of your dream, we refuse to share in that your dream.

nobody is asking you to, all my thread is pointing out is clearly a lack of prepartion on the part of them brits after they realized their goal. What's the level of preparation to nation building by the seccesionists in nigeria ? That's the question. Nobody is against staying or leaving. But to prevent a human catastrophe, concrete plans must be made first before agitations

1 Like

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by saintandsinnerz: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
sumborri:
Another tribal bigot has been unleashed! Please can you just shove your rubbish article down your tribal azz? Small minded man!

4 Likes

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by Blizzy9ja: 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
Mrjo:
After reading the post i didnt see the antispecting comon sense
After reading your comment all I see is error and no sense

1 Like

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by sumborri: 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
onespecial:

Igbos are leeches yet, you want them to see reason and remain with you in same country.

What have you achieved with your million water ways and sea exposure if not to scheme and see that other water ways down south do not thrive ?

You are not ashamed of yourself same as Nigeria using such word as SS. What is South south ? Even if u accept SS as a correct term, how come the geographical make up of that SS is in u shape ? Evil and propaganda created such term. How come so called SE is in the middle of SS, where as Akwaibom and Calabar that are in the far East are in SS ?

Whether SS joins or not shouldn't be your concern. Your concern now should be to plan for economic and political life after Nigeria.

Igbo land touches the sea whether u accept that or not is not my concern, more over we have Ibibio Efik neighbours who are in good terms with us.
the same error I keep talking about. By what yardstick have you determined the allegiance of the efiks and ibibios. This is similar to the brits who thought the welsh and scots were behind them. Cmon what's wrong with you

1 Like

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by macjayla(m): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
This is one of the bad side of democracy. Majority can take a wrong decision binding on all. Remember Libya of the past and now. We all need good understanding to be above all the time. Nigerians should learn from what is happening around them. We need to spend more on education to improve the knowledge base of the average citizen.

1 Like

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by sumborri: 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
saintandsinnerz:

Another tribal bigot has been unleashed! Please can you just shove your rubbish article down your tribal azz? Small minded man!
ok sir, but a small minded man has a small ass , thus my article won't enter, please in the name of God , since you are a big minded man with a likely big ass, please help me put my article there. In urs. I will collect it when I grow up. Mtcheeeeeew

1 Like

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by sumborri: 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
kernel501:

That shouldn't be your problem, we can always structure things out. You should have asked how we managed to stage a come back in every sphere after the Nigeria-Biafra war. We can never prefer a stay with Nigeria, against an imperfect structure of Biafra.
when you say we, who and who comprises of this we? Determined via what method, referndum or protest count
Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by kernel501: 4:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
sumborri:
the same error I keep talking about. By what yardstick have you determined the allegiance of the efiks and ibibios. This is similar to the brits who thought the welsh and scots were behind them. Cmon what's wrong with you

Britian in Europe is not comparable to Biafra in Nigeria. Britain simply wanted a better deal over other European states, unlike Biafra who is locked-in with enemies in the same state called Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by sumborri: 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ceesee:

None of your business. Like someone pointed out earlier, Biafrans not like the lazy brits who wait to be spoon fed and expect the government to do everything for them.
Whatever suffering we would go through, won't last for more than 10yrs.
After that, our children will be glad we left this God forsaken place called Nigeria.
take a good look at southern sudan after sseccesion with an abdundant oil reserve. What has happened there? Why do you think it will be differnet in the biafran case
Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by kernel501: 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
sumborri:
when you say we, who and who comprises of this we? Determined via what method, referndum or protest count

We (South East and South South). Nigerian tribes don't love each other.
Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by OMAR12: 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
onespecial:

u just said my mind, they already had a structure on how the countries affair was to be runned, and that same structure will be in use till a better one can be agreed upon.
Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by jpphilips(m): 4:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
sumborri:
The clamour for change always appears the solution to current problems, these changes. Most times result from improperly channeled feelings of anger, inequality andd unfairness. Seccesional change is always an idealogical solution and never a practical one. The outcome of the brexit vote has once again proven that the solution to developmental and radical changes aimed at equity and status quo can never truly be achieved by an ill thought seccesionalist motive.

the UK is currently rudderless, scotland is current sitting in the brussels EU summit while david cameron was denied entry, the UK has been told verbatim that there will be no entry into the EU free market without free rights of passage, the outcome of the brexit not only threatens the unity of the UK, it also threatens its future economy.

What's most baffling appears to be that, major proponents of the leave campaign have ran away or taken the back seat, nobody appears a fore runner to leading the UK or whatever is left of it , into the uncharted waters of the unknown.

I always tell seccesionist groups to plan their move, plan their economic models, plan their politcal models, before the start agitating for seccesion, but all we observe are agitations before any planning or objective considerations are made. Because its always easier to play a victim card filled with tribalism or racism as in the britain case, thus beclouding sound judgement on the merits and demerits of a seccesion.

Nigeria is filled with seccesionalists, take a cue from the brexit and plan before you agitate. Never wipe ur bottom before using the toilet.

#commonsense
Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by sumborri: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
jpphilips:

And your dwarf brain processed BREXIT as "secession" abi? where did Nairaland get all these clowns from?
oh the man with a giant brain. Educate us on how the brexit differs from seccesion
Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? by cosade(m): 4:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
sumborri:
ok sir, but a small minded man has a small ass , thus my article won't enter, please in the name of God , since you are a big minded man with a likely big ass, please help me put my article there. In urs. I will collect it when I grow up. Mtcheeeeeew

Nairaland, a mannerless land?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari And Saraki Still Not On Speaking Terms Despite Praying Together -thecable / Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu / Nnamdi Kanu Vs FG: Barrister Ejiofor Arrives ECOWAS Court In Mali (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.