Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC (29277 Views)

I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor / Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by optimismlaz(m): 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2016
Uche you will definitely wait for a long time ooo, take good care of your certificate of return

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by thunder74(m): 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2016
This guy will defect to APC soon...

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by TamedWolf90: 3:41pm On Jun 30, 2016
frankline5:
Court ruling that sacked okezue ikpazu is 'wonderful'...INEC

Did you see what I saw?

I tell you...it is as if the man wants uche ogah badly...we are watching but I know that something is wrong somewhere...
I admire both men but this new development reeks of doom

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by toluvibe: 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
Na every body dey form say den sabi work for this yeye government....INEC bunch of fowls

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by lightheart(m): 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
frankline5:

Did you see what I saw?

I saw that grin
INEC concurs. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by johnjose68: 3:45pm On Jun 30, 2016
IPOD[B?] Be Like Buhari Is Involved In This.

Mr Uche Ogah Must Be APC!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by sammhi(m): 3:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
Chai! lawlessness at its peak.Abians must not allow this stand
it is high time we speak against this recklessness, impunity and disorder
Even Amaechi case got to the Supreme court

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by anonimi: 3:48pm On Jun 30, 2016
kahal29:
If you were in the court that day, and I urge you the media, to go and study the court ruling very well, it was wonderful; it was direct”, he said.

I thought this man is supposed to be an UNBIASED umpire in the elections?

2 Likes

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by AngryNigerian(m): 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2016
E don happen! Godfatherism is almost dead in Abia!

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by anonimi: 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Confusion everywhere....

....that is what happens when you have the DullardPoo in charge.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3487934_facebook20160217203110_png9d101a62a7f85ccae216ad246dbde300

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Okudiover(m): 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2016
badesco:
There is something fishy about INEC quickly handing over of certificate of return to Mr Ugbah. It is a normal process that if a court made an order againstt a person, it is normal for the person to appeal, but in this case it is not so. This wuruwuru compliance potend a danger for our democracy.

Are you a Lawyer? Do you know the difference between electoral law and criminal law. The 21- days window given to appeal under the electoral laws before an appeal to an appellant court is not contained in a criminal matter. Don;'t get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by cktheluckyman: 3:52pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ikpeazuh just got a court injunction stopping the swearing in of Ogah grin grin
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by imohrol(m): 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2016
INEC should not confuse DAT young man. the present governor said he would Appeal the judgement. wait for the outcome of Appeal court. wat is urs is urs...
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by 2rutalk1: 3:54pm On Jun 30, 2016
I think that is how it ought to be. If a court of competent jurisdiction declares someone a winner, the person should be sworn in ASAP until a higher decides otherwise. His election has been nullified, so he should vacate the seat even if the case has been appealed. it is left for the court of appeal to reverse the judgement of the lower court. In that, the person who is declared winner will take the seat.
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by johnjose68: 3:54pm On Jun 30, 2016
badesco:
There is something fishy about INEC quickly handing over of certificate of return to Mr Ugbah. It is a normal process that if a court made an order againstt a person, it is normal for the person to appeal, but in this case it is not so. This wuruwuru compliance potend a danger for our democracy.

Okudiover:

Are you a Lawyer? Do you know the difference between electoral law and criminal law. The 21- days window given to appeal under the electoral laws before an appeal to an appellant court is not contained in a criminal matter. Don;'t get it twisted.

Please Teach Him Lesson. They Just Read With Sentiments Without Facts.
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by buchilino(m): 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
wasco24:
something is wrong

I think there powerful people behind the scenes
I completely agree with u
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by dmediator555(m): 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Ikpeazuh just got a court injunction stopping the swearing in of Ogah grin grin

My guy ur Source or adonbivit. There must be an end to godfatherism in Abia
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by noucompact(m): 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
I DEY HERE DEY WAIT UNA
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by buchilino(m): 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
johnjose68:

TRY N MAKE SENSE 4 ONCE IN UR LIFE
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by OlujobaSamuel: 3:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
badesco:
sincerely, inec is right, it's not an electoral tribunal case, that would have been delayed by a 21days window grace. it's a FHC ruling, except there is a stay of execution, the execution is always with immediate effect, the only exception I think, it's capital punishment, any other ruling is with immediate effect, so appeal of the ruling have no consequence on the judgement except a stay of execution order is chosen.
in respect to ikpeazu not leaving the sit, I hope it never turns to that, he might be arrested, though there might be crisis, but as it stands, the law doesn't recognize him, so he lacks immunity for now, but na Nigeria we dey sha, make we all sit down and watch the series.

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Mylove55(f): 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
AchieverChika:
This is confusing angry angry
no, is inconclusive, u ipod always blame inec of every election to be inconclusive, but now inec has conclude her part, it remain d chief judge part
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by johnjose68: 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
johnjose68:

buchilino:

TRY N MAKE SENSE 4 ONCE IN UR LIFE

I Just Do Not Want To Make Common Sense!!!
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by kcnwaigbo: 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2016
dmediator555:

https://www.nairaland.com/3197955/court-stops-abia-cj-others#down

Here it is.Ikpeazu remains Governor
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Ebusbaba1: 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
Prince prince how aba na
nwadiuko1:
INec did what it was supposed to do.....
but it doesn't change anything
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by nwadiuko1(m): 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
dmediator555:

www.nairaland.com/3197955/court-stops-abia-cj-others
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Mylove55(f): 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2016
toluvibe:
Na every body dey form say den sabi work for this yeye government....INEC bunch of fowls
becos dis govt believes in d rule of law, every agency is now working perfectly and independently according to law. God bless pmb- he is a true democrat
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by nwadiuko1(m): 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ebusbaba1:
Prince prince how aba na
bros abeg who de yarn?
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by fasbat(m): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2016
cktheluckyman:

The Abia state Chief Judge would not comply with the Rose A bang Judgement until the supreme court rules.
Congrats to Uche Ogah on his certificate of return. He should however keep it in his freezer pending when the supreme court rules on this case
the truth is that,a competent court had given his judgement asking INEC to "immediately" issue certificate of return to d applicant,d respondent shd approach d court of Appeal to stay action,mere appealling at court of Appeal does not amount to stay of execution,INEC shd proceed and swear in Mr Ogah forthwith since there is no counter ruling as at today,d issue is not decided by Election tribunal,so INEC is bound to act swiftly...Former Gov Ikpeazu wants to use delay tactics in ds matter as his legal team knows what they supposed to do...
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Chiboboski: 4:53pm On Jun 30, 2016
Okudiover:

Don't mind them; they have chosen the path of foolishness. It is now obvious that lkpeazu couldn't get a stay of execution quickly.
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by kcnwaigbo: 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2016
fasbat:
the truth is that,a competent court had given his judgement asking INEC to "immediately" issue certificate of return to d applicant,d respondent shd approach d court of Appeal to stay action,mere appealling at court of Appeal does not amount to stay of execution,INEC shd proceed and swear in Mr Ogah forthwith since there is no counter ruling as at today,d issue is not decided by Election tribunal,so INEC is bound to act swiftly...Former Gov Ikpeazu wants to use delay tactics in ds matter as his legal team knows what they supposed to do...

INEC cannnot swear anyone in as Governor!! The state chief Judge is not part of this illegality so they can go to hell.
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by iswallker(m): 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
frankline5:

Did you see what I saw?

grin grin grin grin...fantastically wonderful ruling and partisan declaration by INEC....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Charles Eni-Umukoro Remanded In Kuje Prison Over Murder Of Wife, Louisa Eni / Rerun: Supplementary Elections 2019 (Live Updates & Results Monitoring) / PDP Raises Rallying Cry - Says PMB Not Equipped To Lead In A Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.