Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC (30548 Views)

Dino Melaye In ABU To Collect His Certificate (Photos) / Obaseki Celebrates On Street After Receiving Certificate Of Return From Inec / Benjamin Uwajumogu Gets Certificate Of Return From INEC(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by Handsomecole(m): 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
I can authoritatively report that: Dr. Sampson Ogah the newly declared Governor of Abia State has collected his certificate of return from INEC.

Details later...

F.P

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by Fmartin(m): 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
That's good for him.

Bt what's his political party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by paragon40(m): 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
But Gov. ikpeazu don go appeal nw?

5 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by AtlanticBreeze: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
This is unbelievable. This is illegal.. How can there be two governors in a state in a matter that is on appeal? I guess he has entered into a deal with APC.. APC will totally destroy this nation..

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by adioolayi(m): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
You sure say that's not mushroom course in IT certification Certificate

Modified: Was simply surprised with the development, so initially not sure of the news...thought the former governor appealed... Na Wa oooo

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by adioolayi(m): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
This is unbelievable. This is illegal.. How can there be two governors in a state in a matter that is on appeal? I guess he has entered into a deal with APC.. APC will totally destroy this nation..

Wetin concern APC here

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by Papishi(m): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Must you guys put APC into everything you have to say?
This matter is purely a family affair in the PDP household and you are here shouting APC. You better take it easy so that you won't have a hypertension.

75 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by kcnwaigbo: 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
Very funny!!! Ikpeazu will remain Governor until his appeal is exhausted.Even if Ikpeazu is diaqualified,Otti will be the next person to step in and not Uche Ogah who did not even contest the election.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by zendy: 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
Interesting! This means that all that remains is for the Chief Justice of Abia state to swear him in as Governor.

The only good thing here is that 'Ochendo' and his stooge 'Ikpeazu' are no longer relevant to Abia state politics. But that mandate still belongs to Alex Otti

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by kcnwaigbo: 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
Papishi:

Must you guys put APC into everything you have to say?
This matter is purely a family affair in the PDP household and you are here shouting APC. You better take it easy so that you won't have a hypertension.

Once an appeal has been filed all parties were supposed to stay off action.What is the aim of INEC issuing him a certificate of retirn for? Anyway unless he is sworn in by the state CJ,he is not the Governor.The certificate of return does not make anyone Governor.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by ZZZDN: 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

This is not unbelievable as the court gave a clear directive on the matter. Ikpeazu has the right to appeal the judgment but he is also to obey the subsisting order if at the end of the day his appeal is adjudicated and he wins he will come back. The high court judge gave succinct unambiguous ruling on the matter.

12 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by Papishi(m): 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Once an appeal has been filed all parties were supposed to stay off action.What is the aim of INEC issuing him a certificate of retirn for? Anyway unless he is sworn in by the state CJ,he is not the Governor.The certificate of return does not make anyone Governor.

Good you know. This pix might just be a cheap political stunt cos I don't believe it really happened. No right thinking INEC official will issue a Certificate of Return to an office who still has an appeal in court

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by chukwukadibia10: 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
Fake news.

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by kcnwaigbo: 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
zendy:
Interesting! This means that all that remains is for the Chief Justice of Abia state to swear him in as Governor.

The only good thing here is that 'Ochendo' and his stooge 'Ikpeazu' are no longer relevant to Abia state politics. But that mandate still belongs to Alex Otti

I know Ikpeazu did not win the election but the rule of the law must be strictly followed.!!! Once an appeal has been filed all actions will be suspended!! Even if the supreme court will annul Ikpeazu's election there is no way it would declare Ogah Governor!!! If Ikpeazu is disqualified,the mandate goes to Otti

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by Likei(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
When are they swearing for him..... I mean swearing him in.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by kcnwaigbo: 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
ZZZDN:

This is not unbelievable as the court gave a clear directive on the matter. Ikpeazu has the right to appeal the judgment but he is also to obey the subsisting order if at the end of the day his appeal is adjudicated and he wins he will come back. The high court judge gave succinct unambiguous ruling on the matter.

The position of the law is that once an appeal is filed,the judgement will be suspended!!! There is no way Ikpeazu will be removed once he has filed his ppeal.The state CJ will never swear in Ogah until the supreme court rules on the matter.

4 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by nwadiuko1(m): 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
hahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahaha some people and foolishness.......quote me anywhere, no sane INEC official will issue a return certificate to ogah knowing the matter is in court.....infact this picture here is that of ogah collecting an award by Aba branch of NBA sometime in 2012 or 2013

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by AtlanticBreeze: 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
ZZZDN:

do you understand how legal cases work? the federal high court is not the last court to try any matter.. Status quo remains pending appeal and supreme judgement. that's how it works

3 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by zendy: 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

I know Ikpeazu did not win the election but the rule of the law must be strictly followed.!!! Once an appeal has been filed all actions will be suspended!! Even if the supreme court will annul Ikpeazu's election there is no way it would declare Ogah Governor!!! If Ikpeazu is disqualified,the mandate goes to Otti

Ikpeazu said he will appeal but up until now, no one knows if he actually lodged any appeal. INEC is simply following court directive. I'm sure that INEC would not be issuing a certificate of return to Ogah if they had recieved an order of stay of execution from a higher court. But like someone said earlier, issue of certificate of return does not necessarily mean assumption of office, it just means that INEC has recognised someone as duely elected. I'm no Lawyer but it is left for Otti to explore all legal options but if the case of Amaechi and Omehia is something to go by, then he hasn't got a chance. I support Otti all the way but I'm not sure the law is on his side in this one.

10 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by zendy: 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
nwadiuko1:
hahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahaha some people and foolishness.......quote me anywhere, no sane INEC official will issue a return certificate to ogah knowing the matter is in court.....infact this picture here is that of ogah collecting an award by Aba branch of NBA sometime in 2012 or 2013

I can clearly see the INEC logo on the certificate, unless that was photoshopped.

5 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by Otapipia: 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2016
Handsomecole:
I can authoritatively report that: Dr. Sampson Ogah the newly declared Governor of Abia State has collected his certificate of return from INEC.

Details later...

F.P
Congrats my brother.
Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by snowwhyte607: 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2016
But I thought that he can only be issued certificate after the outcome of Ikpeazu's appeal! Move to FP pls mods

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by bababuff(m): 1:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
Front page please
Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by nwadiuko1(m): 1:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
if that's really INEC certificate then something very big is coming!

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by Ikology(m): 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2016
nwadiuko1:

3 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by cktheluckyman: 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2016
zendy:

Ikpeazu said he will appeal but up until now, no one knows if he actually lodged any appeal. INEC is simply following court directive. I'm sure that INEC would not be issuing a certificate of return to Ogah if they had recieved an order of stay of execution from a higher court. But like someone said earlier, issue of certificate of return does not necessarily mean assumption of office, it just means that INEC has recognised someone as duely elected. I'm no Lawyer but it is left for Otti to explore all legal options but if the case of Amaech and Omehia is something to go by, then he hasn't got a chance. I support Otti all the way but I'm not the law is on his side in this one.
Ogah can keep his certificate of return in the fridge until the supreme court rules on this case. Certificate of return does not make anyone Governor.

I don't see the supreme court agreeing with the high court's judgement

2 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
This is strange!

2 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by nwadiuko1(m): 1:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
[quote author=Ikology post=47069789][/quote]okay confirmed
Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
APC and tyrant buhari has succeeded in dethroning all tenets of democracy in this country!

Am sure the CJC in abia state appointed by ilkpazu will never swear him in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2016
You are only referred to as governor only when u are sworn in as a governor by CJC of the given state so,ogah can keep the certificate in his wife's box till supreme court rule on the case.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by stolenstone: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2016
Very strange!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC by nwadiuko1(m): 1:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
someone should take this to front page so that we can get more reactions

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

25 Interesting Facts About Nigeria And Nigerians / Ambode, Ajimobi, Akpabio Grace Osinbajo’s Thanksgiving Service In Ogun (pics) / Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.