Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC (29280 Views)

I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor / Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Chiboboski: 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

sincerely, inec is right, it's not an electoral tribunal case, that would have been delayed by a 21days window grace. it's a FHC ruling, except there is a stay of execution, the execution is always with immediate effect, the only exception I think, it's capital punishment, any other ruling is with immediate effect, so appeal of the ruling have no consequence on the judgement except a stay of execution order is chosen.
in respect to ikpeazu not leaving the sit, I hope it never turns to that, he might be arrested, though there might be crisis, but as it stands, the law doesn't recognize him, so he lacks immunity for now, but na Nigeria we dey sha, make we all sit down and watch the series.
You couldn't have said it better. Besides the judgment came on Monday; INEC waited till Thursday to issue the certificate. So nobody would accuse them of been in hurry. It's now clear that lkpeazu could not get an order to stay the execution of the judgement.
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by nwadiuko1(m): 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
Chiboboski:
You couldn't have said it better. Besides the judgment came on Monday; INEC waited till Thursday to issue the certificate. So nobody would accuse them of been in hurry. It's now clear that lkpeazu could not get an order to stay the execution of the judgement.
he already did bro.... www.nairaland.com/3197955/court-stops-abia-cj-others
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by dmediator555(m): 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2016
dmediator555:
He is a technocrat and a business man; watch how he will revive the IGR of Abia state...
I hate godfatherism- am even writing on it in my Thesis with great passion.

Congrats Govi... Uche Ogah

Modified: Omo le c groove, u mean say I go eva b FTC? Still dreaming . This means greatness lies ahead of me. I fasted and prayed for FTC like the man at the pool of bethsaida for 38yrs.... Before I comment somebody don book space . Finally, Heaven don pick my missed calls... Anyway, June Na my birthday ... Thank God for this special gift on the last day of my month.

This is the time when businessmen / technocrats are preferable to politicians as governors of states. It is about paying salaries of workers not just propaganda .
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Symphine: 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2016
INEC by it action of issuing certificate of return to Dr Uche Ogah has inadvertently declared the one earlier given to Dr Okezie Ikpeazu void. This ought not to be since Dr Ikpeazu has already filed an appeal.
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Omonigeriarere: 5:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
Businessideas:
What kind of debacle is this?If the man is issued a certificate of return but the usurper is still on the seat, then INEC just scammed the man.The best thing is to swear him in immediately, the usurper should vacate the seat joor, inec certificate of return is not a recharge card o!!

I think we are getting there, but gradually sha.
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by zik4ever: 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
I hope desperate politicians and power mongers will not endanger our hard-earned democracy? Not that democracy has delivered expected developmental dividends though but at least there is hope of continuous learning and improvement. Pray for Nigeria!
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by fairheven: 5:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ferdinandu:
Uche Ogar, I'm only interested for him to be sworn in so that he will come and show us how Ochendo stole Abia dry for 8yrs. That his sleeping in Senate is enough. It is time to sleep in EFCC cell and Kuje Prison.

something keeps telling me Ochendu will no go Scott free...that guy pocketed may salary for civil servants before leaving office only the new governor to go borrow from capital market to pay, thereby putting the state in serious debt.. Ikpeazu allowed himself been used as a stooge, the reason he has refused to embark on probe. evil has it end, it seems we are seeing the end
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by gfullmoon(m): 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2016
Dr Ikpeazu could have run fast to INEC to "settle" not to issue the Certificate of Return to Dr Ogah. This Dr Ogah guy seemed to have perfected his way even though INEC. Where was INEC when Supreme Court ordered for the withdrawal of Certificate of Return from Senator Andy Uba, Senator Uche Ekwunife and Issued same to Chris Uba and co. Where was INEC when same Federal High Court ruled for Dr Ikpeazu's Certificate of Return be returned and issued to Alex Otti. Most Nigerian Court is cash and carry or pay as you go. Dr Ogah might be sworned in today or next by Ebonyi or Rivers Chief Judge. Dr Ikpeazu and Senator T A Oji might have lost this battle to this multi billionaire Dr Ogah. Alex Otti will be bracing up to go court again to ask the court to nullify the PDP result into to, and to declare him winner as the Second Runner Up since the then PDP Candidate was not qualify to stand for the said election. Lawyer go chop nah
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by mifavour(f): 7:02pm On Jun 30, 2016
CHANNELStv2020:
APC DON WIN,GOD SAVE US,ABA BACK TO SQUARE ONE

how people reason... get your facts right... he's a member of PDP
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by kan12(m): 7:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
Everybody for naija now dey totori me,even lalast.
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Ojiofor: 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
Say no to Ochendo dynasty!
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by senatorizyking(m): 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
mccoy47:
Hmmm. It's not a small tin oo. Ngwa ppl how market?

We gonna see who will laugh last Nwa Ohuhu !
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Tarzaa(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
Nigerian courts and Nigerians, okay!
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by mccoy47(m): 8:50am On Jul 01, 2016
senatorizyking:

We gonna see who will laugh last Nwa Ohuhu !

Mtchewww. FYI I am Ngwa!
But I refused to be blinded by tribal sentiments like my fellow ngwa brothers! T Orji is a snake and anything dat comes out of him is also a snake. Forget d hypocrisy!
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by senatorizyking(m): 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
mccoy47:

Mtchewww. FYI I am Ngwa!
But I refused to be blinded by tribal sentiments like my fellow ngwa brothers! T Orji is a snake and anything dat comes out of him is also a snake. Forget d hypocrisy!
Is not about TA orji....

Is about Ngwaland prosperity and okezie is not doing bad either.

If efcc is doing there job they should go and investigate senator orji .
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by nwadiuko1(m): 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
mccoy47:

Mtchewww. FYI I am Ngwa!
lol you are ngwa? and you have the temerity to say "ngwa people how far"..............ohanjoku kugbuo kwaghi!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edward Onoja: "There Is No God If Dino Melaye Is Not Removed As Senator" / Ibrahim Little Shot By Gunmen In Kaduna (Photo) / PDP’s Victory In Zamfara May Alter Calculations Ahead NASS Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.