Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,481 members, 7,861,388 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:21 AM

Who Will You Prefer To Be The Next President Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will You Prefer To Be The Next President Of Nigeria? (707 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye / Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will You Prefer To Be The Next President Of Nigeria? by dgreatrock(m): 7:45pm On Sep 06, 2009
the independent national electoral commission in conjunction with the pdp has not really allowed us to choose who our leaders should, hence i want you to do your uncensored opinion here. and why.
Re: Who Will You Prefer To Be The Next President Of Nigeria? by banom(m): 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2009
dgreatrock:

the independent national electoral commission in conjunction with the pdp has not really allowed us to choose who our leaders should, hence i want you to do your uncensored opinion here.

Sani Abacha
Re: Who Will You Prefer To Be The Next President Of Nigeria? by dgreatrock(m): 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2009
shocked embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Who Will You Prefer To Be The Next President Of Nigeria? by informat09(m): 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2009
sule lamido of jigawa state
Re: Who Will You Prefer To Be The Next President Of Nigeria? by dgreatrock(m): 10:14pm On Sep 06, 2009
and why?
Re: Who Will You Prefer To Be The Next President Of Nigeria? by Goldmind1(m): 7:45am On Sep 07, 2009
Adams Oshiomole or Olisa Agbakoba (former NBA boss).
Re: Who Will You Prefer To Be The Next President Of Nigeria? by Gbawe: 9:18am On Sep 07, 2009
Fashola for me. My choice is not based on his performance as Governor of Lagos State alone. I have looked at his general policies and ideas ,as applies to the entire Nation ,  in concluding that Fashola would be a great President.

Fashola believes in PPP - Public-private sector Partnership. This is the way forward for Nigeria. The involvement of the Private sector in Public affair aids efficiency because profit is a powerful incentive for performance. Contrast this with the current situation within which the FG , rather than involving a better prepared and knowledgeable private sector , incompetently insist on being involved with things it does not have the expertise to do well so that it can be "business as usual for some" and underdevelopment for the rest of Nigeria.

Fashola advocates the total deregulation of the power sector so that States can generate and distribute their own power. Currently , only the FG is allowed by Law to distribute power in Nigeria. This is a very sad situation as it means that even if , theoritically, Lagos Generates 2000 MW Lagosians may still not enjoy constant electricity if the FG fails/refuses to distribute what is generated.

Fashola wants State Police. With the complexities of Nigeria it is obvious that our nation would benefit from a system similar to that of the USA. The LAPD can fight crime using methods suited to the LA enviroment . Similarly the NYPD can do its thing tailored to New York's specific crime problems.

Fashola believes in true federalism. Nothing needs to be said on this as it should be obvious that, given our different regional endowment, abilities and outlook , true federalism should be the way forward.

Fashola appoints on merit. The importance of this quality cannot be over-emphasised given that 'round pegs in square hole' is one of the greatest impediment to our nation's development and what has now likely cost us a place at the first Soccer World cup being held on African soil.

Fashola, even as he is a Politician , does not dwell on playing Politics with Governance . We can all see how , to the detriment of Nigeria, Yar Adua has played politics with almost every major Government position. Akunyili as info Minister, Egwu as Education Minister, Aondoakaa as AGF and Anenih as NPA boss are ridiculous appointments for a nation that wants progress !!! Iwu retention as INEC boss when men of undoubted integrity , like Soyinka and Achebe , are still living shows the type of political expediency killing our nation. Fashola does not have time for that nonsense because he refuses to play politics that is detrimental to our nations development.

There are more reasons but I believe you get the gist. I respect Pat Utomi immensely and think he will make a good President also but Fashola edges it because , at this dangerous phase in our history , a proven performer is what we need rescue this nation from impending collapse.
Re: Who Will You Prefer To Be The Next President Of Nigeria? by faoni572(m): 10:36am On Sep 07, 2009
Gbawe:

Fashola for me. My choice is not based on his performance as Governor of Lagos State alone. I have looked at his general policies and ideas ,as applies to the entire Nation ,  in concluding that Fashola would be a great President.

Fashola believes in PPP - Public-private sector Partnership. This is the way forward for Nigeria. The involvement of the Private sector in Public affair aids efficiency because profit is a powerful incentive for performance. Contrast this with the current situation within which the FG , rather than involving a better prepared and knowledgeable private sector , incompetently insist on being involved with things it does not have the expertise to do well so that it can be "business as usual for some" and underdevelopment for the rest of Nigeria.

Fashola advocates the total deregulation of the power sector so that States can generate and distribute their own power. Currently , only the FG is allowed by Law to distribute power in Nigeria. This is a very sad situation as it means that even if , theoritically, Lagos Generates 2000 MW Lagosians may still not enjoy constant electricity if the FG fails/refuses to distribute what is generated.

Fashola wants State Police. With the complexities of Nigeria it is obvious that our nation would benefit from a system similar to that of the USA. The LAPD can fight crime using methods suited to the LA enviroment . Similarly the NYPD can do its thing tailored to New York's specific crime problems.

Fashola believes in true federalism. Nothing needs to be said on this as it should be obvious that, given our different regional endowment, abilities and outlook , true federalism should be the way forward.

Fashola appoints on merit. The importance of this quality cannot be over-emphasised given that 'round pegs in square hole' is one of the greatest impediment to our nation's development and what has now likely cost us a place at the first Soccer World cup being held on African soil.

Fashola, even as he is a Politician , does not dwell on playing Politics with Governance . We can all see how , to the detriment of Nigeria, Yar Adua has played politics with almost every major Government position. Akunyili as info Minister, Egwu as Education Minister, Aondoakaa as AGF and Anenih as NPA boss are ridiculous appointments for a nation that wants progress !!! Iwu retention as INEC boss when men of undoubted integrity , like Soyinka and Achebe , are still living shows the type of political expediency killing our nation. Fashola does not have time for that nonsense because he refuses to play politics that is detrimental to our nations development.

There are more reasons but I believe you get the gist. I respect Pat Utomi immensely and think he will make a good President also but Fashola edges it because , at this dangerous phase in our history , a proven performer is what we need rescue this nation from impending collapse.

Well said.

(1) (Reply)

Who Says Nigerians Are Not Morons? / Ribadu Didn’t Visit Nigeria - Igp - You Lied - Falana / No Good Governance: No Winner For $5 Million African Leadership Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.