Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria (9993 Views)

Shahida Sanusi On Day3 Of Her Wedding Ceremony (Photos) / Coronation Of Sanusi Lamido As The 14th Emir Of Kano (Photos) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Jarus(m): 9:15pm On Sep 08, 2009
@ Kuramo and Ballinger,
Find in your inboxes about 25 articles of Sanusi I just sent to you now.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 9:21pm On Sep 08, 2009
For the members of the Sanusi's Supporters Society -

Yes, he writes great prose and has done so for years - big deal. Nigeria has never been short of essay writers, intellectuals or theoretical engineers and never will be.
We need people with common sense in positions of power.
Sanusi has shown a complete lack of depth and understanding of his supposed forte, that leaves you wondering on what basis he was appointed. The repercussions of sanusi's actions have been like an ill wind that blows no good.
He has destroyed confidence in the banking sector and is gradually destroying the economy, there can be no justification for that.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Beaf: 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2009
Lagosboy:

@Jarus bro

I have known this dude and reading his write ups since 2003 on gamji.com. Honestly i have always wanted to meet the man since way back then as the depth of his knowledge and diverse his thinking baffles me as he his also a full time banker. Nigerians dont appreciate knowledge and intellect otherwise this guy should be celeberated as he his one of the few Nigerians of our/his generation we could still count on. He touches economics, political economy , stimulates thinking and thoughts in religious issues, analyses banking and debates politics. I can only pray and hope to have some of the intellectual prowess of the humble man.

Many NLers will be surprised to read so much of his articles and diverse as they are. Please go to Gamji.com and you will see about 20-30 articles spanning from 1999 - 2005.

. . .Yes, all about[b] sharia by the backdoor[/b].
Somebody please remind me; how many wives does this young progressive man have? How many children (if he himself hasn't lost count)?
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by lonewolf: 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2009
I initially thought this Sanusi character was an enlightened individual, but having read all these, while these articles show a deep grasp of diverse issues, his ethnocentrism permeates his penmanship: the guy is clearly a tribalistic person. The scorn with which he views everything non-northern is clear.

This guy is an arsehole.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Lagosboy: 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2009
Beaf:

. . .Yes, all about[b] sharia by the backdoor[/b].
Somebody please remind me; how many wives does this young progressive man have? How many children (if he himself hasn't lost count)?

Is this the only question you could ask amidst many intellectual issues affecting the country and which the dude talked upon.At least someone read his articles and concluded he his tribalisitc which is better than the area you are steering the discussion to. How abt how many times he sleeps with his wives !! sad
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by DisGuy: 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2009
At least we know is stand point on many things about nigeria and he is not ashamed to make it available

If anyone has articles by other technocrats/governors/reps in nigeria please post it

lonewolf:

I initially thought this Sanusi character was an enlightened individual, but having read all these, while these articles show a deep grasp of diverse issues, his ethnocentrism permeates his penmanship: the guy is clearly a tribalistic person. The scorn with which he views everything non-northern is clear.

This guy is an arsehole.

teh guy is a northerner, muslim and an economist/banker- he is bound to write from his point of view
How do we know what Soludo, Iweala, Fashola etc think about the society when they never make their papers
available to the people
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by DisGuy: 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2009
SapeleGuy:

For the members of the Sanusi's Supporters Society -

Yes, he writes great prose and has done so for years - big deal. Nigeria has never been short of essay writers, intellectuals or theoretical engineers and never will be.
We need people with common sense in positions of power.
Sanusi has shown a complete lack of depth and understanding of his supposed forte, that leaves you wondering on what basis he was appointed. The repercussions of sanusi's actions have been like an ill wind that blows no good.
He has destroyed confidence in the banking sector and is gradually destroying the economy, there can be no justification for that.

Did anyone challenge his views? with all the intellectuals we have i didn't see any rebuttals

confidence in teh banking sector? Lmao!
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by illusion2: 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2009
i have enjoyed the write-ups,can't believe I spent over an hour reading through it all. . . ,  thank you Jarus  wink

he's brilliant ,but not intelligent as succintly analysed by Papabrowne.

has a clear grasp of the issues and certainly outspoken.

He certainly qualifies as a 'Northern Progressive'

however,

he's wrong on the need for Sharia,as clearly identified by him,the Yorubas live very well together,irrespective of religion,becos they tend to identify themselves first as Yoruba people & then as religious people. This is the secret in 'secular' muslim countries like Egypt,Syria,Lebanon.
And until the Muslim northerners take this same approach . .  .there will be problems,becos its difficult to enforce such laws (developed over 1,000 years ago) in the today's world. . . . . . . . . case in point is the recent arrest,prosecution & conviction of a Sudanese woman for putting on trousers tongue.

Apart from that ,he's cool  cool
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by lonewolf: 10:04pm On Sep 08, 2009
There’s no doubt that Sanusi has an impressive mind. He knows he’s smart, he reads wide and he has the perfect effete smirk to go with the physics Professor bow-tie he likes to adorn. However, his brilliance is tainted by his unhealthy glorification of Islam, the North, etc. In one article, this Sanusi character claimed that in the 60s the North was more economically productive than the South. Clearly, this is factually inaccurate. There are many subtle inaccuracies like this in his write-ups which one can only attribute to underlying tribalism. His casual disregard for the Igbos, his declaration that Yorubas are the major obstacle to national progress, little things like that suggest that he probably needs to limit his intellectual prowess to economics and banking.

As far as the factual, unvarnished analysis of politics, history and sociology goes, this motherfucker has not the slightest clue.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Beaf: 10:04pm On Sep 08, 2009
Lagosboy:

Is this the only question you could ask amidst many intellectual issues affecting the country and which the dude talked upon.At least someone read his articles and concluded he his tribalisitc which is better than the area you are steering the discussion to. How abt how many times he sleeps with his wives !! sad

My friend go and sleep!
His values from his "intellectual" writeups are the values of shariah. If a man holds women to be of such low value that he can amass them like goods (even at his young age), he is of low value to the country.

The CBN is not a sharia establishment.

Someone writes so many articles (all about sharia) and we should sit down and salivate like brainless puppets? The guy is narrow minded.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by lonewolf: 10:14pm On Sep 08, 2009
Dis Guy:

At least we know is stand point on many things about nigeria and he is not ashamed to make it available

If anyone has articles by other technocrats/governors/reps in nigeria please post it

teh guy is a northerner, muslim and an economist/banker- he is bound to write from his point of view
How do we know what Soludo, Iweala, Fashola etc think about the society when they never make their papers
available to the people

Listen, as far as I know, the Nigerian constitution spells out clearly that we are a secular nation.  Maintaining this tenet is key to our union. When somebody from up-North attempts to foist his beliefs, no matter how debatable they are, on the larger population, he or she has another thing coming. Sanusi, from his essays, is clearly an individual who, in my view, glorifies Islam, his people, his culture, etc, in a way that is unhealthy for the larger polity. You have to bear in mind he’s a national figure. When you are hoisted onto a national platform, you have to shed any inkling of regionalism. This is not about point of views as you say. I don’t give a rat’s arse about his view on politics, history, sociology or the mating techniques of Australian kangaroos, I just don’t want my bloody CBN Governor expressing such extremist views.

In America there’d be calls going out for his resignation now.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by DisGuy: 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2009
lonewolf:

Listen, as far as I know, the Nigerian constitutions spells out clearly that we are a secular nation.  Maintaining this tenet is key to our union. When somebody from up-North attempts to foist his beliefs, no matter how debatable they are, on the larger population, he or she has another thing coming. Sanusi, from his essays, is clearly an individual who, i[b]n my view, glorifies Islam, his people, his culture, etc, in a way that is unhealthy for the larger polity[/b]. You have to bear in mind he’s a national figure. When you are hoisted onto a national platform, you have to shed any inkling of regionalism. This is not about point of views as you say. I don’t give a rat’s arse about his view on politics, history, sociology or the mating techniques of Australian kangaroos, I just don’t want my bloody CBN Governor expressing such extremist views.

In America there’d be calls going out for his resignation now.

How do we know others dont have similar views, seeing as we cant read from them we cant exactly tell if the belief
in this secular country, at least some elected officials want biafra in private conversation but wont speak up

True, wonder why southern senators/Vanguard couldn't be bothered to dig up some of his controversial views when
he was screened earlier this year
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by lonewolf: 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2009
Beaf:

My friend go and sleep!
His values from his "intellectual" writeups are the values of shariah. If a man holds women to be of such low value that he can amass them like goods (even at his young age), he is of low value to the country.

Someone writes so many articles (all about sharia) and we should sit down and salivate like brainless puppets? The guy is narrow minded.

I have to agree with this dude man. The thing about Nigerians is that once they see a man who can spill out ‘big’ words and express himself more sensibly that the next man, they start jazzing in their pants. I will admit that Sanusi is eloquent and well-spoken – I was very impressed by his action of cleaning up the banks’ books and I forcefully defended him on this forum. But these essays reveal an intellectual shallowness that is astounding to my mind. There’s got to be more to talk about than Sharia law, Islam and how magnificent the Hausa man is. There’s no progressive in his blood, and his cradling of Islam so – and not, for example, our blackness – confirms my inclination about Muslims. Many think there religion is the best thing since sliced bread and this is just not the case.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 11:18pm On Sep 08, 2009
Let us focus on action and results - We are not here to judge him on religion or social commentary.

For me the simple questions are have his actions benefited the economy ? has he really 'cleaned up' the banking sector?

If the answer is no. Then he should return to essay writing.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by DisGuy: 11:33pm On Sep 08, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Let us focus on action and results - We are not here to judge him on religion or social commentary.

For me the simple questions are have his actions benefited the economy ? has he really 'cleaned up' the banking sector?

If the answer is no. Then he should return to essay writing.

bloody hell its only been five months
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Beaf: 11:44pm On Sep 08, 2009
Dis Guy:

bloody hell its only been five months

. . .Yeah? But some here want us to masturbate at every single one of his sharia emissions.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by felele(m): 12:10am On Sep 09, 2009
The ongoing "sanitisation" of the banking sector is just another front in the Jihad being waged by the Fuanis against the rest of us, including, believe it or not, the Hausas, who they view with the utmost disdain.

We need to get our act together, first in the West, then in the South in general. We must stop banking, for now, with any of the banks that have been taken over.

Never mind what the Americans said about Nigeria breaking up by 2015. The Fulanis appear bent on bringing that event horizon forward.

It is interesting that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi earned his degree in Sharia studies in Sudan - Northern Sudan to be precise. This is the country where they have been trying for years to wipe out their Christian and non-Arab South for years, through supporter of APC militia more recently, and various military campaigns in the past.

It is possible that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has seen his desired utopia in the Northern Sudanese system and wants to copy and paste that same system into Nigeria, starting with his "banking reform".

It is also interesting that Lugard, who created this contraption called Nigeria, with all its booby traps and time bombs, also ran Sudan for a while. Even more shocking is the fact that Macpherson, who was our last colonial governor, also ruled Sudan before coming to Nigeria.

Let he who has ears hear.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by tomialph(m): 12:56am On Sep 09, 2009
SLS is eloquent and has an unbridled tongue,pride is evident in him
he is free to express his views as far as democracy is concerned, from these write-ups I don't need a soothesayer to tell me that he is an hardcore traditionalist,a tribalist and an islamic extremist who would stop at nothing to hand over our banks to his fellow hausas. imagine the so-called risk manager canvassing and pushing for islamic banking in a country where the constitution clearly stipulates secularity.
Nigerians beware.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Ibime(m): 1:13am On Sep 09, 2009
As far as I am concerned, Sanusi is entitled to write about society, religion and the federation as much as he wants before he takes up public office.

All these articles are a few years old.

I browsed his first article with the mindset of suspicion (as I do when reading anything by a Northerner!). However, upon reading it again, I found that he was talking absolute sense.

His articles are quite ambiguous over any short collection of sentences. It is only when you read the whole breadth of the article that you can disambiguate his positions on issues. Hence his words can be twisted and taken out of context to paint whatever picture his opponents wish to. His articles are always in a for-and-against format. He presents the arguments of the proponents of an issue, then the opponents. . . . before dissecting them. Hence his words are always taken out of context.

There is no doubt that he has a leaning toward his people and the stories handed down to him. . . . but only ever so slight. . .  and by the way, dont we all? Also, one can immediately detect that Sanusi has Marxist leanings from any of his articles, and his Marxist leanings are incongruent with any form of oppression or elitism. For example, he has spoken in derogatory terms about the subjugation of the Middle-Belt tribes by the Fulanis.

I think Sanusi is respected in so much as different groups and symposiums such as Urhobo Waado and NigerDelta Congress invite him to write papers on thematic issues before them. The same respect afforded to him by our Southern kinsmen then should be afforded to him now, and we should not use papers he wrote to address our people then to bury him now.

I also bear in mind that Journalism is dead in Nigeria, and journalists are paid by subversive elements to dribble the polity and paint any individual in a bad light (which is what has happened to Sanusi).

Sanusi being a Sharia scholar is also invited to write papers for various Islamic symposiums. The views he expresses there are quite progressive. For instance, he sees Sharia as a progressive system of laws, not a system which must be held to the absolute definition as given in the 7th century. He is entitled to discuss Islam with his people, just like I am entitled to discuss eschatology with Christians. I dont think anyone would consider me an extremist for discussing non-secular topics with my kinsmen.

In addition, Sanusi has always been a fair critic, as seen in his advocacy for Fasheun back when Fasheun was incarcerated. Same Fasheun is now out writing incendiary and libelous articles against Sanusi.

Finally, every politician has a history. Every politician knows that any paper he has previously written will be misrepresented to the general public by his political opponents.  This is why Barrack Obama buried his undergraduate and postgraduate thesis and Harvard refused to release them to the press. In the same way, Sanusis old articles have been used fallaciously against him, most notably by Fasheun.

Trust me, I would be the first to rail against our "Northern Opressors", but in this case, I place Sanusi in the same box I place Ribadu - a man with our interest at heart!

I would wait till reasonable heads like Soyinka and Gani etc speak against Sanusi before forming an opinion.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by naijaking1: 1:21am On Sep 09, 2009
tomialph:

SLS is eloquent and has an unbridled tongue,pride is evident in him
he is free to express his views as far as democracy is concerned, from these write-ups I don't need a soothesayer to tell me that he is an hardcore traditionalist,a tribalist and an islamic extremist who would stop at nothing to hand over our banks to his fellow hausas. imagine the so-called risk manager canvassing and pushing for islamic banking in a country where the constitution clearly stipulates secularity.
Nigerians beware.

Yes, as eloquent as a radical iman could be, as tribalistic as a hardcore Fulan-iman who has never travelled outside Katsina/Kano/Kaduna could be.
Do you think Yar'dua is better? No, he's probably worse in terms of islamizing Nigeria with hidden policies that hold the whole nation backward.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by FindOut(m): 1:23am On Sep 09, 2009
IBIME, wink wink wink God bless you.You have spoken(written,posted) well.I hope other people on NL will understand your position.Kudoes to your intellect
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by naijaking1: 1:52am On Sep 09, 2009
Ibime:

I would wait till reasonable heads like Soyinka and Gani etc speak against Sanusi before forming an opinion.

Oga, Gani has passed on, please look for other names to justfy your position.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50am On Sep 09, 2009
Elegant article though couldn't help to read the loong sermon. cool
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by okunoba(m): 4:06am On Sep 09, 2009
@jarus,
did u start this thread? knowing u didn`t, y not correct those that think u did. Honesty should be paramount, if u want to be taken as a serious debater.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Nobody: 4:38am On Sep 09, 2009
Nigeria is a multi religious entity

if sanusi had a degree in theological studies (like obj) - these same bigots bleating sharia etal would be rolling on the floor worshipping him for his 'upright stand'.

if one were to take a page from their book, the irresponsible and criminal loans given out by pastors erastus and cecilia are the imposition of poverty on depositors so that they can 'inherit the earth' or maybe part of an agenda to increase big daddy go's flock , income and gulfstream fleet tongue

this noise about the absence of his articles on banking and economics is absurd. how many articles on banking and economics did soludo write? how many articles/posts do nairalanders write on their professions during discussions? come to think of it, to what end would i publish an article on electrical engineering in a public newspaper? shouldn't it be in a peer reviewed journal -m and how many of those do we have in nigeria?

the same people trying to pull sanusi down would be saying the same things if he did nothing, folded his arms and let the 'vibrant banking sector' collapse. they  would also claim that that was the northern/jihad agenda - that what can you expect from a mallam with a degree in sharia studies not so?

disturbing insights into the mind of the 'educated' nigerian/african - anything done by a person who does not share my religious convicctions/ who is not from the same village as i am is suspect.

most of these bigoted haters of sanusi cannot come to terms with a dangerous fact. the leaders of the banking industry were enegaing in what can crudely be called cowboy banking - playing roulette with both depositors funds and shareholders equity, giving out unsecured loans for high risk ventures executed by big wigs with no competence. they would have been sanctioned long ago in developed nations. if a 'leader of the industry' is broke and continues posting false profits etal, that all industry insider know are false, everybody else will get on the bandwagon to remain competetitive. look at union bank, a first generation bank also in this mess.

we would have had a situation in which all banks are broke, and still posting spurious profits. eventually, we would have had an inevitable bernie madoff type meltdown.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Beaf: 5:04am On Sep 09, 2009
^Bigots? This is now becoming a "my shrine to Sanusi is bigger than yours" thing. Get a life.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Jarus(m): 5:16am On Sep 09, 2009
@ okunoba,
okay, u started the thread.

@naijaking,
Sanusi has never gone beyond Kano/
Katsina/Kaduna?
It appears u guys just fabricate anything to prove your baseless points. If I post papers presented by Sanusi in London School of Economics, the one he presented in Germany and that he presented at an African conference in Accra, will you swallow your pride and recant that your assertion?

@beaf,
You need not attack anybody as Sanusi shrine worshippers. Or have you run out of logical arguments?
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Nobody: 5:29am On Sep 09, 2009
@beaf

just a few quotes from practically  every post against sanusi on this page -

I don't need a soothesayer to tell me that he is an hardcore traditionalist,a tribalist and an islamic extremist

Yes, as eloquent as a radical iman could be, as tribalistic as a hardcore Fulan-iman who has never travelled outside Katsina/Kano/Kaduna could be.

The ongoing "sanitisation" of the banking sector is just another front in the Jihad being waged by the Fuanis against the rest of us, including, believe it or not, the Hausas, who they view with the utmost disdain.

There’s got to be more to talk about than Sharia law, Islam and how magnificent the Hausa man is. There’s no progressive in his blood, and his cradling of Islam so – and not, for example, our blackness – confirms my inclination about Muslims. Many think there religion is the best thing since sliced bread and this is just not the case.

Sanusi, from his essays, is clearly an individual who, in my view, glorifies Islam, his people, his culture, etc, in a way that is unhealthy for the larger polity.

. . .Yeah? But some here want us to masturbate at every single one of his sharia emissions.

. . .Yes, all about sharia by the backdoor.

and the last three are from you -  if thats not bigoted. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by kainos76(m): 9:04am On Sep 09, 2009
illusion2:

i have enjoyed the write-ups,can't believe I spent over an hour reading through it all. . . ,  thank you Jarus  wink

he's brilliant ,but not intelligent as succintly analysed by Papabrowne.

has a clear grasp of the issues and certainly outspoken.

He certainly qualifies as a 'Northern Progressive'

however,

he's wrong on the need for Sharia,as clearly identified by him,the Yorubas live very well together,irrespective of religion,becos they tend to identify themselves first as Yoruba people & then as religious people. This is the secret in 'secular' muslim countries like Egypt,Syria,Lebanon.
And until the Muslim northerners take this same approach . .  .there will be problems,becos its difficult to enforce such laws (developed over 1,000 years ago) in the today's world. . . . . . . . . case in point is the recent arrest,prosecution & conviction of a Sudanese woman for putting on trousers  tongue.

Apart from that ,he's cool  cool

I am an ardent follower of this forum, though most of the time i keep my opinions to myself that doesn't mean that i don't have any convictions about certain issues surrounding nigeria as a country. I have read through this thread and all i can point out about Mr. Sanusi is that he is very ignorant, a man who thinks secularism is tantamount to christianity is very uninformed to put it delicately. Having said that, his appointment as CBN governor brings to fore once again the ineptitude of decision makers in the land. I am an optimist in every sense of the word but i don't see Nigeria making any progress as a nation because it is inherently malfunctional, how can a set of religious dogmas take precedence over the constitution. In my opinion Nigeria is a failed state and the earlier steps are taken to reinstate regional autonomy the better. Thats my 2 cents
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by kuramo: 9:32am On Sep 09, 2009
Thanks Jarus.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by adigun101: 9:47am On Sep 09, 2009
Jarus:

@naijaking,
Sanusi has never gone beyond Kano/
Katsina/Kaduna?
It appears u guys just fabricate anything to prove your baseless points. If I post papers presented by Sanusi in London School of Economics, the one he presented in Germany and that he presented at an African conference in Accra, will you swallow your pride and recant that your assertion?
Where are the papers ? You can do him and Nigeria a favour by adding them to his wikipedia profile for starters. Pls contribute to save our markets and our economy.
Finding only write-ups on sharia/Islam and ethnic politics being written by our CBN governor gives the impression that Nigeria is run by some Islamic theocracy. Making the Nigerian economy look unreal.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by pjkumson: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2009
I wonder why you guys take mere written words as intelligence.
for God's sake "ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN VOICE"
Didn't Morris Wuruwuru asure us of a free and fair election in 2007 even though he knows they've perfected the fraud?
Sanusi's actions have shown that he has no qualities of a leader.
This guy thinks he's managing a fleet of banks.
Can someone please remind him that he's managing the Nigerian Economy Now!!! not the clueless FirstBank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Babangida Killed Maryam / NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office / Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.