Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria (9994 Views)

Shahida Sanusi On Day3 Of Her Wedding Ceremony (Photos) / Coronation Of Sanusi Lamido As The 14th Emir Of Kano (Photos) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Beaf: 3:17am On Sep 10, 2009
okunoba:

We humans only see what we want to see. Looking forward to a good objective analysis of Sanusi`s writings, so far most of the replies to this thread have been disappointing, to say the least.

And your own "brilliant" contributions have been absent?
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by illusion2: 10:36am On Sep 10, 2009
okunoba:

We humans only see what we want to see. Looking forward to a good objective analysis of Sanusi`s writings, so far most of the replies to this thread have been disappointing, to say the least.

Beaf:

And your own "brilliant" contributions have been absent?
Abi o grin grin grin

Okunoba,please start the 'good objective analysis'. . . . . . . . cheesy
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by okunoba(m): 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2009
@Illusion2
@Beaf
Point well taken, my contribution will be coming in due course. Thanks 4 yours.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Lagosboy: 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2009
illusion2:

Unfortunately,the issue IS abt Sharia,I'll follow up on Islam section on killing of apostates,however,your view of Ataturk is really off the mark I wonder if you sure of what you are saying.

The country IS NAMED after him,he died over 70 years ago !!! Erodogan's party can never win anything if they as much as fail to recognise him.

Have you been to Turkey before?? Well I have & u dare not mention Atarturk's name casually,so saying he's not loved 'by half of the population is very ,very wrong!!

The point I'm making is that Turkey is 98% Muslim,half of our population,but more than 3 times our GDP. A developed economy in its own right. They have succeded becos they recognised very early(thanks to Atarturk),that religion & politics shouldn't mix,added to the fact that they resisted the inflence of 'Arabic Culture'.

But in Nigeria (as rightly identified by Sanusi in one of his write-ups) we are the holiest people in the world,we take our religion seriously as well as our corruption grin.

I visited kano some years back & was shocked that street signs were written in ARABIC shocked shocked shocked NOT HAUSA,tell me what does that tell you about religion & nation building. . .this in a state with over 60% illiteracy cry cry cry

I really do not like to stray threads and keep digressing but on the issue of Turkey i have been to the country myself i have so many Turkish friends. We could move to the Foreign affairs section to discuss this.

Could you please post your source for th 60% illetracy this is a very sincere request from me as i dont want to beleive this is true 60%
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by illusion2: 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2009
Lagosboy:

Could you please post your source for th 60% illetracy this is a very sincere request from me as i dont want to beleive this is true 60%
former CBN gov-Soludo reported on this sometime ago,you can google it up or review recent CBN publications !
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by rookie(m): 11:00pm On Sep 10, 2009
@jarus

Do you mind emailing me all copies of Sanusi Lamido's writings that you have

Thanks
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Ibrahym(m): 12:40am On Sep 14, 2009
Hi,
kindly email me Sanisi's write ups, my emai addy is ibrahym@mail.com.
Thanks a lot
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by adigun101: 12:52am On Sep 14, 2009
I only need the links to sources to his write-ups on economics and banking so that I can update his wikipedia profile with the links if you can't.
We need to somehow boost the profile of Sanusi. ( very Important)
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Jarus(m): 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2009
adigun101:

I only need the links to sources to his write-ups on economics and banking so that I can update his wikipedia profile with the links if you can't.
We need to somehow boost the profile of Sanusi. ( very Important)
Sanusi wrote an article titled “Reforming the Nigerian Economy: Which Model? A Theoretical Critique of Nigerian Economic Policy from 1986-2004” but it's a pity I only saw it referenced in another article of his and still making efforts to lay my hands on the article.

@ibrahym and rookie,
Check your boxes
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by hasyak(m): 12:17am On Sep 24, 2009
i read most of the write ups posted of sanusi and also followed the trend of responses, to be honest i came to the conclusion nothing good will ever come out from this country, if at this stage we are still shallow minded to always judge people from either their tribe or religion background without giving room for merit. even when soludo came up with consolidation in the banking industry some shallow minded people from the north also saw it as being a southern agenda. please my friends we should look above the religion/tribal sentiment when we comment on issues of national discuss.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by naijaking1: 10:42am On Sep 24, 2009
hasyak:

i read most of the write ups posted of sanusi and also followed the trend of responses, to be honest i came to the conclusion nothing good will ever come out from this country, if at this stage we are still shallow minded to always judge people from either their tribe or religion background without giving room for merit. even when soludo came up with consolidation in the banking industry some shallow minded people from the north also saw it as being a southern agenda. please my friends we should look above the religion/tribal sentiment when we comment on issues of national discuss.

And your point is?

You can't say that there has been increased confidence, trust, and security of our banking system since Sanusi took over, or can you?
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by hasyak(m): 10:51pm On Sep 24, 2009
And your point is?

You can't say that there has been increased confidence, trust, and security of our banking system since Sanusi took over, or can you?

my point is the banking sector is being sanitised, if sanusi didt come out with this drastic measure some of them will collapse, and what do you say to the public? though the way he is going about it might be questioned but i believe in what he is doing in the banking sector.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by McKren(m): 11:16pm On Sep 24, 2009
The problem is most Nigerians got their logic twisted

at the heat of the recession most world economies were banging on the need for banks borrowing to themselves and SMEs, that is how the world averted a worldwide depression. They did so by averting interbank and bank-business protectionism.

But in Nigeria we have simply criminalised lending which is critical to businesses and the wider economy, thereby creating a hault in the economy.
Right now banks have shut all credit lines and just chasing debts. After they have recovered all the debts what will happen? They will stop lending or doing business forever? This is just madness.

Already petroleum marketers are having problems in their credit lines and the queues will start getting longer at the petrol stations due to this artificial-political-banking-crisis.

Sanusi is creating what will go down in history to be known as SANUSI's DEPRESSION and you guys are here celebrating idiocy.
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by Epiphany(m): 11:25am On Nov 05, 2010
:-x
Re: The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria by AThliza: 4:41am On Jun 09, 2011
Awesome! Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is an all-rounder! A dazzler I must say!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra / Order Ladoja’s Arrest - EFCC To Court, Over N4.7bn Fraud / Oyo Assembly Passes Amotekun Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.