Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money (18557 Views)

Chairmanship: PDP Northern Leaders Ask Delegates To Vote For S/west Aspirants / IPOB Releases List Of Its Delegates To Visit White House On July 21 To See Trump / Buratai Leads FG Delegates To Sambisa Forest. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by ManirBK: 10:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
The President of Cameroon, Paul Biya, sent a five-man delegation to Nigeria’s anti-corruption agency on last week to learn how to trace money stolen from the heavily corrupt country.

It was not the first time Cameroonian officials had traveled to Nigeria to learn the fight against corruption. After President Olusegun Obasanjo set up the anti-corruption agency in Nigeria in 2003 as he sought to perpetuate himself in office, Biya sent a team to Nigeria to learn the same tricks as voices rose against his long rule, although the official reason for establishing the EFCC was a response to pressure from the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF), which named Nigeria as one of 23 countries non-cooperative in the international community’s efforts to fight money laundering.

Shortly after that visit, what was known as “Operation Epervier” in French or “Eagle Operation” was launched in Cameroon. Many politicians were arrested on corruption allegations, especially those suspected to be vying for Biya’s seat.

In a statement on Wednesday to TheSimonAtebaNews, the acting Chairman of Nigeria’s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, was quoted as expressing the readiness of the Commission to assist the Cameroonian government in the area of asset tracking and recovery.Magu was speaking on Wednesday when he received a five-man delegation from Cameroon in his office in the Nigerian capital, Abuja.

‘‘The Commission will be willing to exchange ideas and experiences with your country in necessary areas as you may desire. I wish to also thank you for your interest in the activities of the Commission,’’ he said.

The leader of the Cameroonian delegation, Aseh Joseph Malegho, said the success story of the Commission had travelled far and wide through different media.According to him, “Your actions are laudable. We commend you and the President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, for your efforts in ridding Nigeria of corruption.

‘‘Your anti-graft war has endeared you to us; that is why we have come to identify with your Commission.’’

Malegho also appealed to the EFCC boss to share his experience in the areas of asset tracing, freezing and recovery as well as how the recovered assets were being ploughed back into the country’s economy, EFCC said in a statement.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://cameroon-concord.com/paul-biya/item/6330-yaounde-president-paul-biya-sends-team-to-nigeria-to-learn-ways-of-catching-corrupt-officials&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjCq5a32dXNAhVFUhQKHWCZAKgQFggHMAA&usg=AFQjCNHXLPl3uuni6qYpXxVB_JCiG_P5cg

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by ManirBK: 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
Over to you wailers

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by SeverusSnape(m): 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
Over to you zombies.
Modified: (8:23 am)

"on how to nab opposition members" you mean?
Because Nigeria still ranks very high in the corruption latest corruption index from transparency international. We still rank 136 out of 167.
^^^ ironically, Cameroon ranks 130, That means their country is even less corrupt than ours. grin

In addition, Paul Biya is a hypocrite like his Nigerian counterpart, He has been in power for more than three decades, So I'm sure he has been the one siphoning all the funds.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by CrazyG: 10:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
Simple way to trace stolen money in Nigeria....arrest and incarcerate suspect..look for evidence later from his/Her enemies or better still intimidate his/her banker to produce incriminating evidence(s)

4 Likes

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by Harkindeylee(m): 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
Torh.. So Nigeria become another country role model... Thumbs up to Buhari..
But what about our economy? Buhari... Work!! Let people emulate that too..

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by ChimaAdeoye: 10:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
[size=16pt]Of course after almost 30 years in Power, Paul Biya would would the Nigerian style.

Learn how to trace money stolen by others NOT the President, his family and friends
[/size]

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by ManirBK: 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
Lalasticlala,mynd44 this is front page material wailers are not happy with the news.BuBu style now awesome in other country

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by Flexherbal(m): 11:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
I hope he gets what he is looking for.
Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by Tolexander: 11:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
The money stolen by who?

Ahmadu Ahidjo (Biya's predecessor) and his allies who had left power since 1982?

The money stolen definitely are the ones by Paul Biya and his allies.

This news is either a joke or false!

18 Likes

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by Amberon: 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
oo
Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by jmichlins(m): 11:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
Please remind me how long this man has being in power

4 Likes

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by Day169: 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
jmichlins:
Please remind me how long this man has being in power
..forever and a day!
about 35 years.

3 Likes

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by farouk0403(m): 11:45pm On Jul 02, 2016
All thanks to muhammadu Buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by jmichlins(m): 11:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
Day169:
..forever and a day! about 35 years.
so you see why he is the problem of his people

3 Likes

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by Qmerit(m): 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
Wow good things re actually coming out of this country at last!
Kudos to whom kudos is due!
I know surely we must get there where others would surely take a step from us and make our case as a good example!
It could be messing now but it would calm some day, very soon!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by idupaul: 12:01am On Jul 03, 2016
ManirBK:
The President of Cameroon, Paul Biya, sent a five-man delegation to Nigeria’s anti-corruptionagency last week to learn how to trace money stolen from the heavily corrupt country.
Nigeria is gradually occupying its position in the international community!
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://cameroon-concord.com/paul-biya/item/6330-yaounde-president-paul-biya-sends-team-to-nigeria-to-learn-ways-of-catching-corrupt-officials&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjCq5a32dXNAhVFUhQKHWCZAKgQFggHMAA&usg=AFQjCNHXLPl3uuni6qYpXxVB_JCiG_P5cg

I was right you are a sectarianist . . Stupid topic. .tell Ur president to please return my vote joor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by idupaul: 12:05am On Jul 03, 2016
farouk0403:
All thanks to muhammadu Buhari.

Even from Ur name we know it's tribalism that's moving U

5 Likes

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by farouk0403(m): 12:11am On Jul 03, 2016
idupaul:

Even from Ur name we know it's tribalism that's moving U
Everybody has his own choice,
I stand with buhari.
you also have your own choice that's why we are different.

13 Likes

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 03, 2016
Biya should send a delegation here to understudy our democracy....He doesn't need to look too far for stolen money before he sees where the money is kept. He should just take a look at the mirror and he would see the culprit. Democracy is much more important to Cameroonians than a wild goose chase for stolen money.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by idupaul: 12:29am On Jul 03, 2016
farouk0403:

Everybody has his own choice,

I stand with buhari.

you also have your own choice that's why we are different.

I voted Buhari but he is clearly incompetent so get that into Ur head

10 Likes

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by irondome: 1:36am On Jul 03, 2016
ManirBK:
The President of Cameroon, Paul Biya, sent a five-man delegation to Nigeria’s anti-corruptionagency last week to learn how to trace money stolen from the heavily corrupt country.
Nigeria is gradually occupying its position in the international community!

Good, I hope they get to start the stolen money trace with him.
Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by irondome: 1:39am On Jul 03, 2016
idupaul:

I voted Buhari but he is clearly incompetent so get that into Ur head

I am surprised you voted Buhari. You have always been a harsh critic of APC and Buhari, even before the elections.

6 Likes

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by idupaul: 2:58am On Jul 03, 2016
irondome:

I am surprised you voted Buhari. You have always been a harsh critic of APC and Buhari, even before the elections.

I am only a harsh critic of bad governance ..I campaigned and voted for Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by Day169: 6:22am On Jul 03, 2016
jmichlins:
so you see why he is the problem of his people
wink
Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by MrObontami(m): 6:24am On Jul 03, 2016
So ??
Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by officialteemi(m): 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ga
Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by bigx(m): 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Simple: catch all opposition members
Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by Zico5(m): 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
See the effect of Gej. Bad precedence indeed, and his die hard fans will also still have something to say about this matter. Gej and his cronies really destroyed many things in this country. They will surely live to regret whatever pain they ve caused in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by adonbilivit: 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
why this post no dey joke section

2 Likes

Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by truthspeaks: 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
U r sure it's not to learn how to scam, create propaganda, chase down political opposition n create a congregation of saints?
Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by Checked86: 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
Let them go and learn propaganda first. It is something the can do sitting at home.
Re: Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money by M4gunners: 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nonsense, who is he fooling?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria “most Fractured” Now Than Any Time Since Civil War — Obasanjo / 14 Policemen Dismissed For Selling Arms To Criminals (Photo) / Prophet Omale Denies Buying Property In Dubai For N57M On Behalf Of Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.