Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl (980 Views)

Nigerian Grandpa And White Grandma Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary / See The Reaction Of This Kid When He Met His Grandpa Twin For The First Time / Wonders! See The Body Of This 61 Year Old Grandpa (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by ruggedboy01: 2:01am On Jul 05, 2016

A frail old man went to live with his son, daughter-in-law, and four-year old grandson. The old man’s hands trembled, his eyesight was blurred, and his step altered. The family ate together at the table. But the elderly grandfather’s shaky hands and failing sight made eating difficult. Peas rolled off his spoon onto the floor. When he grasped the glass, milk spilled on the tablecloth.

The son and daughter-in-law became irritated with the mess. “We must do something about father,” said the son. “I’ve had enough of his spilled milk, noisy eating, and food on the floor.”

So the husband and wife set a small table in the corner. There, Grandfather ate alone while the rest of the family enjoyed dinner. Since Grandfather had broken a dish or two, his food was served in a wooden bowl! When the family glanced in Grandfather’s direction, sometime he had a tear in his eye as he sat alone. Still, the only words the couple had for him were sharp admonitions when he dropped a fork or spilled food.

The four-year-old watched it all in silence. One evening before supper, the father noticed his son playing with wood scraps on the floor. He asked the child sweetly, “What are you making?” Just as sweetly, the boy responded, “Oh, I am making a little bowl for you and Mama to eat your food in when I grow up.” The four year- old smiled and went back to work .

The words so struck the parents so that they were speechless. Then tears started to stream down their cheeks. Though no word was spoken, both knew what must be done.

That evening the husband took Grandfather’s hand and gently led him back to the family table. For the remainder of his days he ate every meal with the family. And for some reason, neither husband nor wife seemed to care any longer when a fork was dropped, milk spilled, or the tablecloth soiled.

Moral: You reap what you sow. Regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life. Always Respect, Care for and Love them.

Re: Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by yvonne111(f): 2:03am On Jul 05, 2016
Re: Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by Vendoor(f): 2:14am On Jul 05, 2016
Lovely cheesy
Re: Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by chumada: 2:20am On Jul 05, 2016
I'm 100% sure is the wife that influenced her husband with evil heart grin cheesy grin

fear woman angry sad
Re: Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by ruggedboy01: 2:28am On Jul 05, 2016
Vendoor:
Lovely cheesy
thanks

u look so pretty and adorable kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by ruggedboy01: 2:30am On Jul 05, 2016
chumada:
I'm 100% sure is the wife that influenced her husband with evil heart grin cheesy grin

fear woman angry sad

baba mi were u on self ban shocked shocked
Good to have u back
cool cool
Re: Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by Vendoor(f): 2:32am On Jul 05, 2016
ruggedboy01:
thanks

u look so pretty and adorable kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Thanks!
Re: Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by chumada: 2:37am On Jul 05, 2016
ruggedboy01:

baba mi were u on self ban shocked shocked
Good to have u back
cool cool
my schedules have been fvcking tyt, that's why the break,
BTW what are u doing on romance section what happened to politics section? hope zombies have not chess u comot for that side lolz grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 05, 2016
This is so touching. I love my parents.
Re: Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 05, 2016
Vendoor:

Thanks!
....... just checked your site. Cool
Re: Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by Topestbilly(m): 6:05am On Jul 05, 2016
chumada:

fear woman angry sad

And you are 100% correct brother.

I don't understand why women of nowadays sees their husband in-laws as their no1 rival.

The wife mother/siblings will spend 1month in ur house, but the husband family can't go a week without u seeing some faults.

My advice for men:

• Don't share anything that will ridicule ur family with her ( u call it honesty but it's stupidity)

• Give ur family much respect in her present even if u don't do it off her present.

• No woman deserves 100% honesty, u need to lie at times to protect her.

• If u like let her take decisions in ur house but wen it comes to ur parents/siblings related issues give her a very lil room.
Re: Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by chumada: 8:06am On Jul 05, 2016
Topestbilly:

And you are 100% correct brother.

I don't understand why women of nowadays sees their husband in-laws as their no1 rival.

The wife mother/siblings will spend 1month in ur house, but the husband family can't go a week without u seeing some faults.

My advice for men:

• Don't share anything that will ridicule ur family with her ( u call it honesty but it's stupidity)

• Give ur family much respect in her present even if u don't do it off her present.

• No woman deserves 100% honesty, u need to lie at times to protect her.

• If u like let her take decisions in ur house but wen it comes to ur parents/siblings related issues give her a very lil room.

nice points u have there, it was a woman who deceived men right from creation and we are suffering it today, a woman betrayed samson and got him killed yet samson forgive her

1 Like

Re: Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by ruggedboy01: 8:18am On Jul 05, 2016
chumada:

nice points u have there, it was a woman who deceived men right from creation and we are suffering it today, a woman betrayed samson and got him killed yet samson forgive her
I agreed with u, but they are still good women out there who are perfect definition of God's creation to support man and help them build a happy and successful family u can't judge all the female just because of Delilah and Eve after all men are more evil than women lately
Re: Story Of Grandpa - The Wooden Bowl by chumada: 9:15am On Jul 05, 2016
ruggedboy01:
I agreed with u, but they are still good women out there who are perfect definition of God's creation to support man and help them build a happy and successful family u can't judge all the female just because of Delilah and Eve after all men are more evil than women lately
what are u saying, u have not heard of house wives before even those of them working, how often do they bring out money to support their husband and families

bottomline is women are evil, and they are pure definition of devil

(1) (Reply)

Epic Conversation B/w A Husband And System Analyst. / Which Of These Hot Ladies Is Not Worth Marriage? / Bolanle Olukanni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.