Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th (83569 Views)

Longest FEC Meeting Under Buhari Extends To Thursday / Kogi Government Declares Monday Public Holiday To Pray For Buhari As He Returns / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday To Mark Eid-El-Maulud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by babs01(m): 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
MagicBishop:
They can never be in total agreement other than in killing non Muslims.

Lunar tables are as accurate as ever and can be gotten from the free access public domain from sites like NASA.

Useles follow follow almajiris who do not even know their religion
and you think say u don make sense

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by hardbody: 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
0ubenji:

Lolz..bro tnx ..far too kind..
U dint av to go tru the expose..
I am well acquainted wit dat..
I got lost in ur prior comment coz it had an abrupt endin at #advise line staff#...I actuali was tryna figure out what follows...more like the thought trailed off
Now I dig..to tel dem not to show up on thursday as well..tnx mahn

Cool bro.

Respect.

Enjoy your imprisonment wink, sorry stay at home. grin

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Everything about this govt dey always get as e be!

Na wah o!
i am a christian and i dont see why you should point accusing finger at buhari for the non-sighting of the moon.please let us try and seperate governance from religion.thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Kennykenty(m): 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2016
femi4:
The sighting of the moon was Inconclusive
-INEC

The sighting of the moon has been adjourned till tomorrow
-Abuja High Court

The sighting of the moon was not altered, a committee will be set-up to be headed by Sen. David Mark (Chairman Senate committee on Observation)
-Senate

The moon has already been sighted tomorrow
-Lai Mohammed

The anomally in the crescentic illumna of the moon in the atmospheric galaxy is tantamount to more crinkum crankum & hoola-baloo
-Patrick Obahiagbon

The APC was the cause of the moon not sighted in Nigeria
-Fayose

We will create another moon for Nigerians
-APC

Due to none sighting of the Moon, the Board of the Ulamas has been dissolved.
-Presidency

We blew up the moon and we will blow up more moons
-N D Avengers

We are responsible for the absence of the moon in the sky
-Boko Haram

Those responsible for the missing moon will soon be apprehended and charged accordingly. We have evidence.
-EFCC

We dont want to sight the Moon
-Brexit

We know where the moon is but we dont want to say.
-US

Sighting of the moon is not a rocket science
-Fashola

Abeg add your own I don taya!

the post is becoming stale to my liking
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by hardeyeanc(m): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
God bless u matex97.. Let idiot like magicvishop and others knows...
matex97:
i am a christian and i dont see why you should point accusing finger at buhari for the non-sighting of the moon.please let us try and seperate governance from religion.thanks
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Fasuyifunke(f): 5:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
FG extends public holiday to Thursday. Make dem kuku declare Friday join abeg. Sake of say moon disappointed them. That moon must be an APC member.

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Tellemall: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
Osquare88:
I now see why you make that useless comment... Let me educate you because I see you are a teenager.. B4 now, days.. Months are being counted using the moon... So sighting the moon equally means a new month have started and every Lunar calendar is 30, today is 30th day so whether moon is sighted or not... Fasting ends today.. Had I know you are just a kid that doesn't know what sighting of moon signifies I wouldn't have bother quoting you cos doing that, I treated u like an adult... My bad....

You're still saying what I'm saying.

Your religion depends on nature. It depends on things like the sighting of the Moon. Not on dates.

Isn't that why your public holiday is being extended? Because of something as ridiculous as sighting the moon? Isn't that dependence on nature?

Is that religion or animism?

If you were to see somebody who worshipped when the sun rose, wouldn't you think the person as a pagan sun worshipper? I mean, Christians (Protestants) who do not worship any objects are infidels. So what are people who wait to sight the Moon?

Teen or not, it's something organized religion such as yours ought to question.

5 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by 4peace(m): 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
0ubenji:

Oh! Dear..u dnt av to exude such distinctive folly to appear enlightened...
I knw wat LINE STAFF means...
As educated as ur comment barely makes u seem..u shud knw thr are cases in communication wherein contextual meaning cud elude u...
I dint ask wat line staff means..as u see, it was coupled wit "advise"...dat shows the phrase seemed ambiguous(which aint a sin)
I specifically and contextually stated whr I lost touch of Mr. Hardbody's comment and he clarified that..MATUREDLY

P.S: thrz a reason u got two ears and juz 1 mouth...

Continue to fool yourself

Peace
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by baba11(m): 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
experimentist:
[size=15pt]Brain scarce for your skull. Na maggots full am[/size]
Bros,small small na,ramadan still dey ground shocked
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by femi4: 6:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
Kennykenty:

the post is becoming stale to my liking
Saddist

4 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by kutchs: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
Anyone who thinks this is a coincidence needs to have head examined properly.
All these are in their plans. Their grand plan to not only islamize Nigeria but also to show the world that they own Nigeria.
Moon? What moon are they talking about?
Moon no bi this one wey don show on top my house since?

We must ask why it must be during Buhari's time that the moon will fail/refuse to appear. Why didn't it disappear during OBJ's or GEJ's time? Why did the reading of solar movement/events become problematic and rocket science under Buhari?

The whole civilized world would be laughing at our folly. In a country of physicists and astro physicists God please save us from Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by gospi: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
cremedelacreme:
-INEC

-Abuja High Court

The sighting of the moon was not altered, a committee will be set-up to be headed by Sen. David Mark (Chairman Senate committee on Observation)
-Senate

-Lai Mohammed

The anomally in the crescentic illumna of the moon in the atmospheric galaxy is tantamount to more crinkum crankum & hoola-baloo
-Patrick Obahiagbon

-Fayose

-APC

-Presidency

-Niger Delta Avengers

-Boko Haram

Those responsible for the missing moon will soon be apprehended and charged accordingly. We have evidence.
-EFCC

-Biafrans

-The US govt.
Happy holiday !!!
grin grin grin grin
grin
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by experimentist: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
baba11:

Bros,small small na,ramadan still dey ground shocked
[size=15pt]No mind that guy jare. Na mumu dey worry am[/size]
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by solidifi: 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
This is a typical example of a confused blood sucking people in a confused blood sucking religion.

Do you know how much we will lose because of this their stupid and unrealistic sighting of moon?

The northern muslims are driving this country anyhow.

e no go beta 4 lord lugard.

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by 0ubenji(m): 6:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
hardbody:

Cool bro.
Respect.
Enjoy your imprisonment wink, sorry stay at home. grin
Lolz..Haha..tnx for the compliment FELLOW INMATE..

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by ellovee(m): 6:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
This is arrant nonsense!
Does it means that if the moon is not sighted by the end of Wednesday, the holiday automatically continues?
When will the present govt begin to do things right in a manner that is devoid of sentiment?
Suppose it is a Christian celebration, will the presidency declare this extention?

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by hardeyeanc(m): 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
See as u dey talk like person wey get good job, no be gala and chinchin u dey hawk inside hold up? U come here com dey form for us like say u dey contribute ti the economy if the country in case u dunno holiday no affect una go and carry ur lacasera and start hustling mtcheew mumu
solidifi:
This is a typical example of a confused blood sucking people in a confused blood sucking religion.

Do you know how much we will lose because of this their stupid and unrealistic sighting of moon?

The northern muslims are driving this country anyhow.

e no go beta 4 lord lugard.
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by shiki(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
cremedelacreme:
-INEC

-Abuja High Court

-Senate

-Lai Mohammed

-Patrick Obahiagbon

-Fayose

-APC

-Presidency

-Niger Delta Avengers

-Boko Haram

-EFCC

-Biafrans

-The US govt.
Happy holiday !!!
grin grin grin grin

Baddest Guy ....I hail cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by izzou(m): 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
ajebuter:

Enjoy jare.. Even the moon is on vacation in Japan where it would not be recognized or bombed.. grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahahahahahah

Ajebuter

Chai

No let them hear am for your mouth oh
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Zex0020(m): 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
I Notiz Sey Oga Lai Mohd,did Not Announce D Posponement Of The Of The Holiday...Is He No Longer Heading The Information Ministry,,,?
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by utuk: 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
govt. of confusion
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by clefstone(m): 6:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
anataala:
show me your father, idiot your father is an illiterate and will never ever be even a beer flour chairman.
e pain am grin. ZOMBIE
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Paulancebay(m): 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
What of people that planned to do official things on thursday, they should forsake it because of an unseen moon? 3 days for public holiday? This govt is as useless as their supporters! A zombie worth his/her onion should tell me if such thing ever happen in this country before? PMB, APC, misfortune and mysterious things!

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Johnrake69: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ejehjoe:

Must my fellow Nigerians insult PMB for personal satisfaction??
This man Buhari has all it takes to preside over Africa talkless of Nigeria. I even expected things to be tougher under him because "corruption will surely fight BACK"
Afterall, so many phenomena outside his personal control are responsible for our current travails.
We both Christians and Muslims are to pray for him. Country has been severely messed up by both APC and PDP before he came.
WE ARE TO PRAY AND SUPPORT HIS GOVT.

Bros abeg if you know wetin to talk blow whistle. Which kind talk be that? Na first time Buhari dey enter government be this?

Governor of the Northeastern State
30 July 1975 – 3 January 1976

Governor of Borno State
3 January 1976 – March 1976

Federal Commissioner of Petroleum and Natural Resources
March 1976 – June 1978

7th Head of State of Nigeria
31 December 1983 – 27 August 1985

Chairman of the Petroleum Trust Fund
Under the Abachas's regime.

Now GCFR of Nigeria
2015- till date.

In summary, it's simply a height of hubris trying to absolve Buhari from the list leaders that destroyed this country. Peace

4 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by adimsmt: 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
Fit2Rule:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/eid-il-fitr-fg-reverses-self-declares-another-public-holiday/

If this is true believe me this country is really in trouble, why will the federal government making irrational decision of this magnitude. Tomorrow CAN will want to make sure they get four days holidays during Christmas. Its about time Nigerian have the will to demand the separation of church and state.
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by glossy6(f): 6:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
LMAyedun:
I trust Nigerians, this week is gone already... who will go to work on friday??

meeeeee

matex97:

Even the gods are angry with PMB for his lopsided appointments and the heavenly bodies are rioting. cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
LuckyLadolce:
Thanks. Make I host u for salah? Every Every go dey ooo grin becos me i nor won hear story for Christmas oooo!
Oh that'll be great but I already have a date with a Muslim friend. Thanks alot!

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by LuckyLadolce(m): 6:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
rotimileke:

Oh that'll be great but I already have a date with a Muslim friend. Thanks alot!
ok then, book me for the big sallah then.. Ileya
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
kennygee:
If this is true, I am sooooooooooo delighted.
make i tell the FG to add friday join am?
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Scholarforever: 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
To me d federal govt should have duly consulted with d Islamic highest body in Nigeria before declaring any holiday at all. Inconsistencies such as this hasty holiday declaration usually result in economic grounding and avoidable daily schedule crisis even if it is for a day. People's programs are already affected by this extent ion.
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by murmee: 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
LMAyedun:
I trust Nigerians, this week is gone already... who will go to work on friday??
That is whole idea of the calculated confusion. They know that if there's holiday on Thursday, it will automatically extend to Friday, which means the whole week for Eld-El-Fitri celebration!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Angry Soldier Kills Four Of His Colleagues In Borno / Eucharia Ojukwu: Senator Elisha Abbo's Wife Died Of HIV/AIDS - Sister Tells Sun / Air Force Jet Crash-Lands In Akure, Covered Up By Military - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.