Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th (83572 Views)

Longest FEC Meeting Under Buhari Extends To Thursday / Kogi Government Declares Monday Public Holiday To Pray For Buhari As He Returns / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday To Mark Eid-El-Maulud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Ejehjoe(m): 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
Must my fellow Nigerians insult PMB for personal satisfaction??
This man Buhari has all it takes to preside over Africa talkless of Nigeria. I even expected things to be tougher under him because "corruption will surely fight BACK"
Afterall, so many phenomena outside his personal control are responsible for our current travails.
We both Christians and Muslims are to pray for him. Country has been severely messed up by both APC and PDP before he came.
WE ARE TO PRAY AND SUPPORT HIS GOVT.

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Osquare88(m): 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
Tellemall:

The fallacy of dogma based on nature.

The moment people begin to worship the moon, then you really wonder what they worship. God or nature?
As I really wonder if your brain is turned upside.. Maybe you should ask yourself if the moon is always around when they observe 5 daily solat. Must u comment

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Bennyberry(m): 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
This govt is unserious. The effects of these numerous holidays on the economy is cataclysmic and unpropitious. Let's keep looking for the moon when pure water is now N20.. # religion should be separated from governance if we are to develop as a nation.

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by jojothaiv(m): 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
EasternActivist:
What happens if the moon remains hidden even on Thursday?
a panel will be set up to look into that!

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by hope4nigeria(m): 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
kennygee:
If this is true, I am sooooooooooo delighted.
lazzyness!
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by dammiedot(m): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
scopusng:
Useless govt, useless president and useless religion. Moon worshipers.
How could you say something like this!!! This are words from an ignorant, immature and most likely an illitrate fellow. SMH

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by 0ubenji(m): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
Niggaz aint gon risk stayin home on thursday...some stil gon show up at the office nd let d boss say "u can go home"..
No1 wanna lose dem job these days..atleast nt to some religious moon stunt
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Tamaris1: 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hello
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by izzou(m): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
ajebuter:

Lazy bone! chai...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ajebuter

No be sooo

Nigeria hard. I need serious break and my muslim brothers are about to fulfill that by still looking for the moon.

Try and understand me abeg.
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Bigii(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
PDP please... Release the moon for them na embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by JohnieWalker(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
EasternActivist:
What happens if the moon remains hidden even on Thursday?
Pls wat kind of rubbish is dis moon na....if d moon or d sun hide dey should be looking for it while we go abt our hussle na
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
This is not an islamic nation for crying out loud, let them suck for all I care if the moon refuse to come out

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by davabiao(m): 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
rotimileke:
If I should say anything they'll say I'm intolerant.
Buhari self! imagine moon no come gree comot again after 30 days. Even the heavenly bodies knows Nigerians has been scammed.
APC = Scam

Nigerians has been on public holidays since 29th May,2015.#rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by hardbody: 4:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
cremedelacreme:
The sighting of the moon was Inconclusive
-INEC

The sighting of the moon has been adjourned till tomorrow
-Abuja High Court

The sighting of the moon was not altered, a committee will be set-up to be headed by Sen. David Mark (Chairman Senate committee on Observation)
-Senate

The moon has already been sighted tomorrow
-Lai Mohammed

The anomally in the crescentic illumna of the moon in the atmospheric galaxy is tantamount to more crinkum crankum & hoola-baloo
-Patrick Obahiagbon

The APC was the cause of the moon not sighted in Nigeria
-Fayose

We will create another moon for Nigerians
-APC

Due to none sighting of the Moon, the Board of the Ulamas has been dissolved.
-Presidency

We blew up the moon and we will blow up more moons
-Niger Delta Avengers

We are responsible for the absence of the moon in the sky
-Boko Haram

Those responsible for the missing moon will soon be apprehended and charged accordingly. We have evidence.
-EFCC

We dont want to sight the Moon
-Biafrans

We know where the moon is but we dont want to say.
-The US govt.
Happy holiday !!!
grin grin grin grin

Guy this was good. I had a good laugh.

3 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by hatchy(f): 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
cremedelacreme:
-INEC

-Abuja High Court

The sighting of the moon was not altered, a committee will be set-up to be headed by Sen. David Mark (Chairman Senate committee on Observation)
-Senate

-Lai Mohammed

The anomally in the crescentic illumna of the moon in the atmospheric galaxy is tantamount to more crinkum crankum & hoola-baloo
-Patrick Obahiagbon

-Fayose

-APC

-Presidency

-Niger Delta Avengers

-Boko Haram

Those responsible for the missing moon will soon be apprehended and charged accordingly. We have evidence.
-EFCC

-Biafrans

-The US govt.
Happy holiday !!!
grin grin grin grin
I don laf so tey go fall person plate of food.Chai! this guy go kill me o!

Who blow up the moon? and them go blow more moon join sef.

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by ajebuter(f): 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
izzou:

Ajebuter

No be sooo

Nigeria hard. I need serious break and my muslim brothers are about to fulfill that by still looking for the moon.

Try and understand me abeg.

Enjoy jare.. Even the moon is on vacation in Japan where it would not be recognized or bombed.. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Jonwesley(m): 4:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
The moon refused to come out due to the past government level of kwaraption.
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by ramdris(m): 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
cremedelacreme:
-INEC

-Abuja High Court

-Senate

-Lai Mohammed

-Patrick Obahiagbon

-Fayose

-APC

-Presidency

-Niger Delta Avengers

-Boko Haram

-EFCC

-Biafrans

-The US govt.
Happy holiday !!!
grin grin grin grin
Just brilliant!

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by hardbody: 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
0ubenji:
Niggaz aint gon risk stayin home on thursday...some stil gon show up at the office nd let d boss say "u can go home"..
No1 wanna lose dem job these days..atleast nt to some religious moon stunt

I have enquired from my HR team how to treat this. If no response comes through, i will enter office in Jean n t shirt on thursday and we'll see what's up.

Modified

I just got a response. ....take Thursday off and advise line staff.
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by 0ubenji(m): 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
hardbody:

I have enquired from my HR team how to treat this. If no response comes through, i will enter office in Jean n t shirt on thursday and we'll see what's up.
Wise one bro...#SixthSense
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Soleymania(m): 4:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
The way Nigerians reasons always baffles me.
Is it the president that declares public holidays?
Is it his fault that Moslems don't know their festival dates? Unlike Xmas. Why must one sight moon? Can't it 'be fixed.. everything is protocols, no president can just declare public hols .

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by oliidell(m): 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
bigtt76:
Public holiday sef they couldn't manage well Isssssssorite! My heart goes to Abians... Enjoy the week long holidays #IkpeazuVsOgah
cheesy cheesy

Una no go kill person for dis forum
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by azimibraun: 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
olapluto:
What an unserious government. Why the rush to declare holiday in the first instance?
I am Muslim, but I think Dambazzau was wrong to declare today as public holiday in the first instance.
Wao! and you will expect people to think you have made serious sense o!
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by babajeje123(m): 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
Beeman1:
mynd44, suen and lalasticlala, I hope u guys are seeing what this bitter soul is doing with qur'an picture and painting Islam bad? I swear to Almighty God, to locate dis guy is as simple as anything. magicbishop or what ever u call urself,i dare u to reshow that qur'an picture inside toilet again and see if u will leave to tell d story.
Take it easy guy. We are still in the spirit of Ramadan. Don't fight for Allah, let him fight for himself.

5 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by busolakun(m): 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
I have never said anything against this government, I have been speaking for it. But this step of extension of holiday is the height of insensitive in the face of a dying economy. I will like to judge this as very very wrong step by the Buhari/APC led government.
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by beautycrush24(f): 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
cremedelacreme:
-INEC

-Abuja High Court

-Senate

-Lai Mohammed

-Patrick Obahiagbon

-Fayose

-APC

-Presidency

-Niger Delta Avengers

-Boko Haram

-EFCC

-Biafrans

-The US govt.
Happy holiday !!!
grin grin grin grin

Hehehehe....guy u too much
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by qleap2all(m): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
Where is the #change, must it be extended. What if the moon refuses to appear like it was put on hold by the Prophet of God did in the OR.
Can't the VP advice them. Please help me confirm from other West African countries, how many public holidays were declare for this purpose
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Rexyl(m): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
cremedelacreme:
-INEC

-Abuja High Court

-Senate

-Lai Mohammed

-Patrick Obahiagbon

-Fayose

-APC

-Presidency

-Niger Delta Avengers

-Boko Haram

-EFCC

-Biafrans

-The US govt.
Happy holiday !!!
grin grin grin grin

sighting of the moon couldn't have been inconclusive except some people are in haste to go for merriment. Anyway you can make people laugh hard
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by overlord77: 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
kennygee:
If this is true, I am sooooooooooo delighted.

Are u a banker? They are the ones that usually love em holidays grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Angry Soldier Kills Four Of His Colleagues In Borno / Eucharia Ojukwu: Senator Elisha Abbo's Wife Died Of HIV/AIDS - Sister Tells Sun / Air Force Jet Crash-Lands In Akure, Covered Up By Military - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.