Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 (54856 Views)

I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. / A Strange Woman In My Home.. How Do I Go About It?? / I Caught Her Cheating, Wedding In Two Months, Should I Go Ahead Out Of Pity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Slimflame(m): 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
iamtewwy:
Nairaland mod sha..i came here to read abt father looking at his daughter bum naw am seeing another heading..should i go home am 22, end time moderators
gbam
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by menxer: 5:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dysfunctional is a polite way of saying ones family is cursed.

Go back, ask and help your parents to research the root cause of the problems and find solutions to it, else expect the cycle to repeat if/when you marry, albeit compounded.

May the Light guide you to the solution.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Luckymay(f): 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
Everything is misleading starting from the topic to the message itself. If I tell you I understood your first paragraph then I'm lying to you. All in all. Try reconcile with your family. You should also ask them who your real parents are.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by VaginaTerrorist(m): 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
I'll like you to come and live with me. Me...ยค
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by IshaqAyinde(m): 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
Go back home, seek for their favor and forgiveness even though you think you are right. Just be a good girl to them both. And see wonder's in your life.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by abjule: 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
na so kongi be oh. funny conversation of a girl on fb and her sugar daddy

Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
Obiageli1993:
Family was dysfunctional.

Mother, jealous of me and often did not want my progress. I caught my father looking at my bum a few times. I had a mental breakdown because of stresses in my life. Genral family problems e.g domestic violence. Family relationships deterioration to the point serious fights e.e.g. dad strangle me, police come etc.

They burnt all of my childhood photographs and I burnt most of their wedding pics only three remains. They threw me out but now my mum who has been battling with cancer is still unwell and misses me and wants me to come back and dad is 64 and I don't want him to bear the caring alone he also has arthritis and I have an autistic brother. I want to put the past behind and start a new life I am moving back home to take care of . my mother and be with my family I don't want Satan to break this family apart whether we like it or not we are family and it could be worse.
But I'm scared neighbours will judge me and I'm scared I'm making the wrong choice. I'm happy in my new rented room but II feel like I'm abandoning my mother. I'm her time of need. She originally told me to go but now wants me back I'm her only daughter and my brothers are not helpful.
But wait oooh all ish in one home... did you guys stoo believing in God or a Parents has yet to atone for a Major Sin or Curse?
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Franky826: 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2016
timidapsin:
Picture of the Bum or I don't believe undecided

when you have a problem as hers I hope you snap your own bum as proof.

Even karma isn't as callous and insensitive as your words bro.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Kunberg: 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
Jesus is lord
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Franky826: 6:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
Obiageli1993:

Mother, jealous of me and often did not want my progress. I caught my father looking at my bum a few times. I had a mental breakdown because of stresses in my life. Genral family problems e.g domestic violence. Family relationships deterioration to the point serious fights e.e.g. dad strangle me, police come etc.

They burnt all of my childhood photographs and I burnt most of their wedding pics only three remains. They threw me out but now my mum who has been battling with cancer is still unwell and misses me and wants me to come back and dad is 64 and I don't want him to bear the caring alone he also has arthritis and I have an autistic brother. I want to put the past behind and start a new life I am moving back home to take care of . my mother and be with my family I don't want Satan to break this family apart whether we like it or not we are family and it could be worse.
But I'm scared neighbours will judge me and I'm scared I'm making the wrong choice. I'm happy in my new rented room but II feel like I'm abandoning my mother. I'm her time of need. She originally told me to go but now wants me back I'm her only daughter and my brothers are not helpful.

My dear you might be hurt but I tell you but forgiveness is GOLD. it is a very hard thing to forgive I admit. but it's best thing to do.(experience taught me).
Do it for God sake even if you are tired of believing in God, Do it for love sake even when there is non left in you. you are still young and life ahead of you and unforgiveness hinders progress. Go and show them love heals all things. you might be the deliverance your family needs(I believe so). be patient with them and learn to persevere. Give them your little support while they still have breath in their nostrils. Above all as you return home always pray for them yourself and entire family. it is well
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
A family that prays together stays together, well mostly.

Go back to your family and make up with them.

Don't know what to say about your pop checking out your bum though.

Just make sure you don't get too comfortable wearing revealing or too tight fitting clothes at home especially around him.

All the best.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Franky826: 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
shaiba:
Don't be scared you are not making a wrong choice.

It is a wise thing to have parents and love them and long life for those who honour them.

You have a second chance to show love your parents, grab it with both hands.
Let the neighbors judge all they want, but don't let God judge you for this.
If it bothers you a lot, you can move them to your apartment, if its big enough for you all.

Please forgive your parents and ask for their forgiveness in return.
Their blessings on your life goes a long way.

I have friends who wish their parents were alive to show love for a day, hold their hands, hear their voice etc.

My dear, do all you can for them, you will be glad you did when you finally become a parent yourself.

Wish you the best, its not going to be easy, the Grace of God is sufficient for you. Ask God for Grace and help.

This is from a golden heart
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
I lost my mom a few months ago, and I wish there was something I could do to keep her alive, just to stare at her and say mama thank you for being mama... When death knocks, it's a call no mortal can ignore, what pains me most is that, I have this guilt I never did enough for her, now that I have both what I want and need, I wish she is there to lavish all on.

See sist, no matter what ehn, go and be with mama, make her feel loved, show her care, do your best, because you don't know what might happen next. Mama is irreplaceable, do what you can while she is still around.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by OutrageousMind: 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
BY THE HEAVENS AND BY THE EARTH THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO THAT WILL TURN YOUR LIFE AROUND IS PRAYER BELIEVE ME.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
What the hell did I just read?

Is your surname lanisters?
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by kikayboss(m): 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
hmmmn!...if i were in your shoes and i really tried my best for it not to get to the point of hating my parents but they made sure i hated them.....mehhnn...i don't think I'll ever forgive them ...ever.....

from what i can deduce they only need u now because they are helpless not because they love you and need you around......

parent of nowadays are really disappointing they don't know its how they treat their kids when they are depending on them is the same way they'll be treated when they depend on you.....

good parents deserve all the love in this world ...bad parents smh for you.....

people might say karma'll come for such a child, forgetting the parents are not immune to it.....maybe your kid not caring for you is the price you are paying for your bad parenthood......

shoutout to all LOVING & CARING PARENTS ..
.you'll live to reap what you have sown ...

this is only my opinion so no insults pls......

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Orikinla(m): 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
OP, your plight almost left me in tears.
But thank Almighty God your parents are still alive for you to make amends for your resolution of reconciliation.
Psychologically, you have shown maturity.
But spiritually, you will need divine intervention for healing your family.
You must trust God now.
Now, before returning home, have serious talk with Almighty God.
In your birthday suit alone, pray with Psalms 35, 45_ 91 and Isaiah 60.
Ask Him to show Himself mighty in your case.
Tell Him you want to see His miracles.
Just tell Him to honour His Word as it is written to honour His holy name in your life.
And you will testify of His mercies and miracles in your life.
Just do so and see what Almighty God will do for you

Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Teeboy22(m): 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
You too look at his bum bum too

Dazzol
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
Obiageli1993:

You know the answer to your question and you probably just want a push. Bible says the greatest gift in life is Love. I think after love the next gift is family and they both go hand in hand like 5 and 6. Love makes things much easier in everything and anything.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by InvertedHammer: 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
/
There is a misconception that every parent is a good one.
Just as in anything else, there are good ones and bad ones.
If you are cursed with a bad one, it is very difficult to break the yoke.
\
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by JerryJJZ(m): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
Obiageli1993:

I want to put the past behind and start a new life I am moving back home to take care of my mother and be with my family I don't want Satan to break this family apart whether we like it or not we are family and it could be worse.
But I'm scared neighbours will judge me and I'm scared I'm making the wrong choice.

I only see a genuine influence of getting a downgraded family back on track.... Now, you understood the mistake both u and ur family made (I want to believe you guyz are regretting it now). Since you have convinced your inner spirit to go home, just do. Coz you cannot tell, maybe you are the one God want to use for the family.

Thinking of your neighbors, your family priority comes first, after which, every other thing is a counterfeit. Go and save your family. My advice though, is, if you have a VERY UNDERSTANDING AND GOD FEARING pastor (not our Modern Day pastor ohh), you can speak to him so you can baptize yourself with prayer and ask the Holy Spirit to finish the work before you even get there. Reconciliation is paramount. Remain brave and blessed

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Missmossy(f): 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
Awww such a touching experience. Domestic violence and disparity in family isn't a good thing. Anyways there is nothing likes ones family,you just have to make up with them without considering their health conditions.

It can only get better,do reconcile with them. Your brothers aint trying though with their not been able to do anything about the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by bejeria101(m): 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dey there make bra wear you.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
Gimme your number?
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by danthamccoy(m): 7:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
wildQuincy:
I don't really know the kind of mind you have got, but I will never suspect any of my family unless its done with evil intentions! Back home, my dad teases me most times about my butt and we all laugh over it. Even my elder bro gets as far as playfully spanking my butt sumtimes and I don't reason all that sh1it! There was even a day my bro spanked my butt in the presence of my mum and she was even the one playfully telling him to be careful since I wasn't wearing panties underneath and the gown I was wearing was loose fitted!
There's a huge elephant in the room here and you're the only one not seeing it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Rasque1759(m): 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
end time coming ..i'm sure NL will start loosing traffic soon....having two headlines for one story ain't cool
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by 99foxxy(f): 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
timidapsin:
Picture of the Bum or I don't believe undecided
must you guys see pictures before you believe? Hmmm.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
Obiageli1993:

PICTURES of ur BUM or else adonbelivit??
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Lenny5k: 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
JerryJJZ:

I only see a genuine influence of getting a downgraded family back on track.... Now, you understood the mistake both u and ur family made (I want to believe you guyz are regretting it now). Since you have convinced your inner spirit to go home, just do. Coz you cannot tell, maybe you are the one God want to use for the family.

Thinking of your neighbors, your family priority comes first, after which, every other thing is a counterfeit. Go and save your family. My advice though, is, if you have a VERY UNDERSTANDING AND GOD FEARING pastor (not our Modern Day pastor ohh), you can speak to him so you can baptize yourself with prayer and ask the Holy Spirit to finish the work before you even get there. Reconciliation is paramount. Remain brave and blessed

Beautiful!
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by prettysassygirl(f): 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
mercy! what kind of family is this?I guess the root of all these problem is poverty.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by tunwumi: 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
You are a tough child like me. But you have to get down and ask yourself ifyou are ready to take all the shit that will follow. Look girlfriend they will not change from their former ways but service to your mother is the best you can give her. Another is not to take a risk of rape safe at all time. The only thing that can help is to control your tongue and temper. Never get angry and dont raise your voice. There are other steps

Obiageli1993:

Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Lenny5k: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
Obiageli1993:

Very sorry about your experience... I hope you were able to find something in all the comments that made sense to you.. Whatever you do, just understand that your Neighbors are not Important so with whatever they may think of you, its absolutely not important. From you post it's obvious that you may not forgive yourself if (God Forbid) something happen to them, so now that they are still there you might just as well go and make up with them...Do not delay... If you like to Talk, lemme know I can call you (Or send you Airtime to Call)... Stay strong and stay Blessed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Door-To-Door Sperm Delivery: Married UK Man Who Travels Offering Sperm Services / Father With His 3 Children That Are Also Medical Doctors Like Himself. PHOTO / I Slept With My Brother-in-law Unknowingly, Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.