Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State (84955 Views)

Dolphin Killed By A Man In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Trapped Manatee Caught And Butchered In Bayelsa By Residents. Photos / Photos Of Dolphin Caught In Brass, Bayelsa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by clems93(m): 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
Hmmm. No wonder a friend of mine once said "we eat what we ought to have used to make shoes and bags". in this case, another wonderful animal for tourist attraction has just been butchered for a day or week's meal.

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by lonelydora: 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
Being Shell workers, they should have been enlightened enough to know that it's a harmless mammal that we hardly see in Nigeria and shouldn't be killed. Why kill it?

2 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by LOVEGINO(m): 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
kennygee:
These are creatures you hardly find in Nigeria, yet these ones killed it. Imagine if we had an artificial beach or pool with these dolphins, wouldn't it be nice?

All we know is stomach infrastructure, we no dey ever see the big picture.
I weep for Nigerians cry

4 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by prinsam30: 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
I can see some comments like, why do they have to kill it? why not take it to the Zoo? why not create an artificial beach or pool? why killing an harmless animal like that?
harmless fish wey u no train from small, I wonder how una dey take reason sef

Shey na crime now make person kill eatable animals chop for this country where almost everything seams to stay Stagnant?

person go do fishing, come catch big fish una say make him go put am for zoo or artificial pool, I tire for una ooooo

see better meat abeg

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Mattex001(m): 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
Omg! This is insane!

A rare breed of aquatic animal

Someone should have stopped them...

It's such a pity

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
Sad sad sad! Such ignominious illiteracy and unparalleled ignorance! They murdered a very friendly animal? Oh my gosh!

4 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Shiru84: 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
Omoh, u can go, we want to watch dem kill as many as plenty dolphins, at least may be did one will STOP de killing of human being
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Ayo8(m): 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
khalhokage:
A friend of mine working at Shell terminal, Ogulagha Focados in Delta state sent these pics to me.

They caught and immediately butchered it for meat.

I didn't know people ate dolphin too o shocked kiss cry

This is bad...shell should be fined for this, that way we can send a message to their employees...no right thinking human kill dolphins.

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by xandy84: 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
Sometimes, I wish we as a Nigerian and not government can act right. I paI'd on a boat ride to go watch a dolphins in Virginia and both city and state make money by collecting taxes and also creating employment and here we are in Nigeria, killing everything that comes our way. I pray and wish we can start to act right as an individual, community and a nation..

4 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by ooshinibos: 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
haaaaaa, Dolphin is close to humans ..not to be eaten

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by pretty16(f): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
OMG. These are rare sea creatures to find on this part of the continent, and someone is killing it to eat. Choi! Nigeria, we hail thee. SMH

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by passyhansome(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dolphin miss road

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Tamakay(m): 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
Killing Dolphin? Na wao

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by PTNL: 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
I hope this is not an experimental specie sent to African sea water to cause another epidemic cos all strange animals na bush meat here. Goodluck to the eaters.
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
imagine sad killing the harmless creature isn't enuf,the guy with white palm footware is even saying I will take the head....hungry pple undecided
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by stylishnclassy: 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
Well said!
kennygee:
These are creatures you hardly find in Nigeria, yet these ones killed it. Imagine if we had an artificial beach or pool with these dolphins, wouldn't it be nice?

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Wizzyblack3(m): 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2016
But why kill a harmless dolphin? If only they know how much they could realise from keeping her alive. Cute dolphin.
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Ada9103(f): 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2016
I swear cry
jerry447:
seyi Bleep, she for no snap pishure with the dolphin,, hold her responsible
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by ReorxTohGan(m): 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
Niqerians And Their Crude Behaviour...They Should Have Sent It To A Zoo instead Of Killinq The Poor Harmless Cute Animal...SMH,I Bet Sum Nigerians Wuld Eat Up Their Children If They Turn Animals.

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by ReachHard: 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2016
SO, THEM DEY KILL DOLPHIN TOO?

TRULY, THERE IS SO MUCH HUNGER AND POVERTY OF THE MIND RAVAGING THE LAND...E DON DEY SHOW

NDI OJOOOO, TUFIA UNU!

2 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by uyplus(m): 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dolphins have high mercury in them. Consuming them can lead to mercury poisoning.. Illiteracy kills..

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by imperiouxx(m): 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dolphins are friendly animals.

The last I would ever thought could be killed for stomach.

Brothers, this struggle is real!
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Abelpeters: 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2016
32 teeth or can't count well.... Be like human?
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Amoxman(m): 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
B.U.H.A.R.I ..... Brought Unnecessary Hardship Among Reasonable Individuals..ߘ
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Dynamitehimself(m): 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
Lolz
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Abiri22: 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
For God's sake!!!!!!! Must we eat everything?

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by MARKone(m): 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
These wild life creatures should send alerts to their respective embassy, that Nigeria is officially a high risk zone to do anyhow, or we eat you anyhow, especially this period wey Hunger dey land. RIP to the poor dolphin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by mikesword: 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
Frm d second pic down is a Whale.... In Naija dem beliv say meat na meat whether na Dolphin or not, na u sabi dat 1 grin grin lol
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Davecafary(m): 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
Seeing the cut up body of the poor creature breaks my heart. Dolphins have always been one of my favourite animals but anything goes as edible food in Nigeria and the poor creature got into wrong hands. Pray they all purge for 2weeks to teach them a lesson. sad

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by KnightRod(m): 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
undecided These people eat dolphins?? Mehn.. Nigeria is finished.. Seriously!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Abdstrakt(m): 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
Nigerians which way? Stomach infrastructure!
One day fugu fish go find him way enter Nigerian waters, Na that time people go learn.
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by UuzbaGuuzba: 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
kennygee:

If only Nigerians could be brave enough to sail ocean vessels into the sea instead of sitting on land and waiting for white men to send us fish which we import.

Fish us very plenty in the ocean. Hope the sweat taste the dolphin inspires some to invest into high seas fishing and Go there to catch more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) / Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion / The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.