Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga (13373 Views)

Obasanjo, Adenuga, Okoya Welcome Buhari To Ogun State (Photos) / Adenuga Offers Keshi 2 Cars, A House,& N160M To Eagles / Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2009
Y'all should confirm this topic first before running with it. The submarine fibre-optics cable that I am aware of was not a Glo project. Glo may just be the local Nigerian partner subscriber. I'll dig my files and post the info that I have.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Sep 08, 2009
larez:

Y'all should confirm this topic first before running with it. The submarine fibre-optics cable that I am aware of was not a Glo project. Glo may just be the local Nigerian partner subscriber. I'll dig my files and post the info that I have.

Never knew it to be a GLO project either!!

[size=14pt]Fibre optic project across Ghana and Nigeria underway [/size]

http://news.thinkghana.com/technology/200902/26448.php

http://www.mainonecable.com/about.html

Work has begun on a 200-million dollar undersea fibre optic cable, which aims to provide reliable internet and telecommunication services to industry stakeholders across Ghana and Nigeria.

The project being undertaken by Main One Cable Company will help to minimize the difficulties of switching traffic between African countries and eliminate the inconveniences and added cost of first routing traffic to Europe.

It is in line with the continent’s quest to participate fully in the Information and Communication Technology through digital connection with the rest of the world.

The company has already begun laying the cables, which will run from Portugal to Ghana and Nigeria to enhance efforts to digitally connect Africa with the rest of the world.

Speaking at a press briefing in Accra to officially announce the commencement of work, Ms Funke Opeke, Chief Executive Officer of the company said the first phase of the project is expected to be completed in May 2010.

The first phase spans 6,900 kilometres extending from Portugal to Ghana and Nigeria with an additional 6,000 Kilometres extension to South Africa and Angola in the second phase.

The development, she said, represented a major landmark for the continent, as this was the first time ever that a private sector driven undersea cable network received landing licences.

The company secured the licenses from Ghana’s National Communications Authority and the Nigerian Communications Commission respectively, granting it the right to land its intercontinental undersea fibre optic cable in the two countries.

Ms. Opeke said funding for the project was sought within the African continent adding that; “it shows how committed we are in using the continent’s resources to build this solid infrastructure for Africa.”

“The unique promise of the Main One undersea cable to boost Internet access across the African continent lies in the huge improvement in bandwidth which we will be driving even while reducing costs phenomenally”.

Main One, she said, is deploying the very latest technology in undersea fibre optic cabling.

“In employing the combination of Dense Wave Multiplexing Technology of 1.28 Terabits per second and two fibre pairs Main One will deliver far more capacity to the region than any existing or proposed undersea projects even while bringing costs down to about twenty percent of what is currently obtainable from SAT 3 or satellite service operators,” Opeke stated.

In addition to providing a major boost to Internet access on the continent, Main One, she said would help to considerably minimize the difficulties of switching traffic between African countries and eliminate the inconveniences
and added costs of first routing traffic to Europe.

“We will also enhance job creation and local content development through skills transfer in ICT and particularly networking technologies,” she said.

Beyond these direct benefits, however, said Opeke, the granting of the pioneer landing licenses to Main One Cable Company, represents a major milestone for the continuing growth of telecommunications regulatory capacity on the continent.

“Intercontinental undersea cabling, especially as driven by private sector operatives is a relatively new phenomenon in Africa and it is remarkable that regulators are fast amassing the critical expertise with which to drive rapid growth and development in this unique area for the benefit of the continent,” she said.

Mr. Thomas Schaefer Jr. Shore End Installation Engineer, Tyco Telecommunication Company partners in the project said test conducted at the beach of Teshie where the cable would pass revealed that the soil is good for the exercise.

“We don’t foresee any difficulty with our work with regards to the soil in Ghana,” he said.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Fhemmmy: 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2009
Mispost i guess, cos all said has nothing to do with Electricity.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2009
@Kobojunkie, Great job. You obviously keep up with developmental things relating to Africa as well. Stay sharp Bro.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by cre8tivity(f): 8:22pm On Sep 08, 2009
Mike adenuga is far from a role model for anyone please,

This Guys idea of internet and telecommunication have been shot around Nigeria for YEARS. he is late AND IS SIMPLY EATING OFF OTHERS IDEAS.

please when i hear the names of otedola, adenuga and dangote i simply feel like throwing up. They aren't doing shit but creating types of monopolies.
Exploiting Nigeria for personal gain. Only for the fact they have money to influence the government, which is the reason why their billionaires.

nigerians, the greatest people on this planet.
nigerians will rather give credit to Christopher Columbus that they know nothing about b4 giving credit to their own fellow nigerian.
we just don't believe in supporting one another or witnessing one of our own doing great things. this really bothers me.
i will be the first to admit that i do not know much about technology or submarine, but it makes me very sad that some of us will rather see a foreigner to successful implement this technology in nigeria b4 seeing another nigerian accomplishing the goal.
this is a typical reason why nigerians continue to struggle to survive all around this planet. we clearly do not posses the mentality to carry each other.
today, libya continues to depot over 140 nigerians each and every day, south africa also continues to treat our brothers and sisters like black rats. and some of us still wonder why we are being treated like black sheep and why nobody is willing to respect or give credit to nigerians.
the answer is very simple: this is because we do not appreciate or respect ourselves.

instead of trying to find something wrong with another nigerian, why can't we just celebrate the accomplishment?
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Gbawe: 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2009
larez:

You and Kobojunkie are confusing issues. Main one cable system is different to Glo 1 cable system . They both exist as international Submarine communication cables for the West African region . Glo 1 is Adenuga's effort at submarine communication cable technology. I think what the starter of this thread tried to highlight , which many posters ignored , is that Adenuga's Glo-1 action is particularly commendable because this is his solo effort rather than how it is usually large consortiums that undertake Submarine communication cable technology.

Main one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_One_(cable_system)

Glo 1 or Globacom 1 :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLO-1_(cable_system)
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Gekko(m): 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2009
sjeezy8:

Mike adenuga is far from a role model for anyone please,

This Guys idea of internet and telecommunication have been shot around Nigeria for [b]YEARS. he is late AND IS SIMPLY EATING OFF OTHERS IDEAS.[/b]

please when i hear the names of otedola, adenuga and dangote i simply feel like throwing up. They aren't doing shit but creating types of monopolies.
Exploiting Nigeria for personal gain. Only for the fact they have money to influence the government, which is the reason why their billionaires.

The idea may have been shot around, but the key word is EXECUTION, he got it done!   I think you need to unsubscribe from the hater mentality.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by 4Play(m): 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2009
When MTN and Econet were paying $285m each for GSM license, how much did Globacom pay? Even then, MTN still holds a larger market share. I've never understood the high praise heaped on a person who is fronting a business.

The regulatory environment has to be changed before the electricity situation can be improved. No private company can sole our problem yet.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2009
Wikipedia?? Are you kidding? I could go to Wikipedia and claim to have been a Nigerian president. Please do not ever make the mistake of quoting Wiki on Nairaland again. Wikipedia is an open forum for anyone including deranged people to post what they want, until refuted.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 8:32pm On Sep 08, 2009
I believe Glo is just trying to brand. There is no way that another submarine cable system will have been built and completed without me knowing about it. I subscribe to too many informational sources not to have heard. Why are Nigerians so gullible? Do you guys think we are all illiterates?
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2009
[size=14pt]Nigeria: Dangote Commences Telecom Service to Build 14,000 Kilometre Fibre Optic[/size]
http://village.africanpath.com/forum/topics/nigeria-dangote-commences

Billionaire investor Aliko Dangote Tuesday commenced the telecom arm of his business by rolling out a transmission network on electricity lines belonging to the Power Holding Company of Nigeria.

Alheri Engineering Limited, member of the Dangote Group yesterday in Benin in collaboration with Phase3 Telecoms rolled out the network which planned to build about 14,000 kilometres of fibre optic cables in the future.

President of the Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, said Alheri Engineering had decided to collaborate with Phase3 Telecoms to build a 14000 kilometre fibre optic network across the country.

Dangote said the transmission network is part of the company's plan to begin with telecommunication in the telecommunication business with capacity to cover the whole country.

He said the Alheri network will cover Edo, Plateau, Borno, Enugu , Delta, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Bauchi, Abia and Anambra States; while the Phase3 end of the network covers Lagos , Oyo, Kano , Kaduna , Abuja , Kwara, Katsina, Kogi, and Niger States.

Dangote said when completed the combined capacity of the two companies would be the largest fibre optic network in Nigeria and will provide unprecedented capacity, security, reach and flexibility to network providers in Nigeria .

According to him, "In Nigeria , the subscription to mobile telephony and broadband services are the highest in Africa and are increasing on a daily basis. To this end, we need reliable and affordable infrastructure to transmit these payloads of capacity. This is where fibre optics technology comes in as the answer".

He said, "Our fibre optic network which connects to the Phase3 Telecoms fibre optic network here in Benin and at two other locations (Akwanga and Jos) will provide the infrastructure that will be the bedrock for a developed information society in Nigeria .

"Alheri Engineering and Phase3 Telecoms who currently operate over 4000km of fibre optic cables on the PHCN power lines in the western half of Nigeria are collaborating to jointly create 'one network' of aerially deployed fibre optic cables on the PHCN power lines."

He explained that, "Our infrastructure has infinite backbone capacity with high redundancy that gives telecom operators, financial institutions, industry, government ministries and parastatals and corporate bodies a unique opportunity to build and offer reliable services on the most reliable electronic bridge.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Gekko(m): 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2009
larez:

I believe Glo is just trying to brand. There is no way that another submarine cable system will have been built and completed without me knowing about it. I subscribe to too many informational sources not to have heard. Why are Nigerians so gullible? Do you guys think we are all illiterates?

Glo-1 competes with SAT-3 in telecommunications services

By Ejiro Gegere

September 7, 2009 07:48PMT
Print print Email email Share Share

Globacom's 9,800 km submarine cable popularly Glo-1, finally arrived into the country on Saturday, amidst fanfare. But subscribers are curious about what the impact of the arrival is to them and if it would lead to reducing communication costs in the country.

In this regard, Lanre Ajayi, president of the Nigeria Internet Group, said: "I believe this is going to transform the way we do business, lower the cost of Internet bandwidth access in the country."

Mr Ajayi, also said: "This will definitely enhance the speed of internet service, because it can support many more people on the Internet and businesses would move on line and enhance productivity. That would impact positively on the economy of the country."

The arrival of the Glo-1 to Alpha Beach, Lekki, its destination point had been delayed a couple of times, due to some technical hiccups, which got it trapped in Ghana.

Short cuts

However, available information indicate that the company might have indulged in short cuts to get the cables down to Nigeria.

A reliable source in Globacom, told NEXT yesterday that, "although the cable has landed here in Nigeria straight from the UK, but the cable has not cut across to the other West African countries (as expected)."

The cable was supposed to have been routed through west coast countries, including Ghana and Senegal among others, but, "the company, because of pressure and high expectation from people and the players involved, had to bring the cable first to Nigeria, then redirect it to Ghana, Senegal and others," the source said.

Industry watchers believe the Glo-1 is here to compete with SAT-3, both of which are aimed at improving communications between Nigeria and the rest of the world. "SAT-3 could be there to stand as a competition to the Glo-1. The service of SAT-3 needs to wake up in terms of service delivery and pricing. If they don't adjust many of their clients would opt out of their services." Mr Ajayi said.

Interested parties

The Globacom source also disclosed that about, "five to six companies have already expressed interest in the Glo-1. For now, France Telecom wants us to carry their traffic for them via the submarine cable, Nigeria LNG is one as well, and Heineken worldwide also wants to use the cable as well. These are the major players for now and there are definitely other minor players interested in the services of the Glo-1 submarine cable."

SAT-3 partners

On the other hand, Nigeria's SAT-3 cable, is a 36-member consortium and cuts across from Portugal and Spain to South Africa, through some West African countries such as; Benin, Togo, Niger and Nigeria.

The SAT-3 suffered a major setback in August, which has affected internet access and mobile connections in countries around West Africa including Nigeria. The development disabled about 70 per cent of Nigeria's bandwidth and caused severe problems for users in countries like; Benin, Togo, Niger and amongst others. The SAT-3 break down was traced to the Benin Republic landing station, which is managed by Suburban Telecoms.

NITEL, Nigeria's national carrier is said to own 8.39 per cent of SAT-3, which is also part of NITEL's assets being put up for sale in the company's privatisation process. Other major investors of SAT-3 include: France Telecom 12.08 per cent; TCI, a subsidiary of AT&T 12.42 per cent and VSNL 8.93 per cent, with its total investment for both the SAT 3 and SAFE portions of the cable put at $595 million.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Money/Business/5456480-146/story.csp
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by zomby(m): 8:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
The idea may have been shot around, but the key word is EXECUTION, he got it done! I think you need to unsubscribe from the hater mentality
I agree.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Gbawe: 8:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
larez:

@Kobojunkie, Great job. You obviously keep up with developmental things relating to Africa as well. Stay sharp Bro.

Sory to burst your bubble but Kobojunkie has got issues confused . The Main one submarine communication cable exist . So does the Glo 1 Submarine communication cable. I really don't know what any Nigerian would gain by not doing their research well enough to see that , whatever our personal opinion of him , Adenuga is doing well . We should not be quick in attempting to discredit our own. We are so divided it is now very difficult to ascertain who is debating genuinely and who is  just failing to leave their ethnic bias beret off when they discuss Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Sep 08, 2009
UUmmm. . . . I don't have any personal opinion of/issue with Adenuga, nor do I know him as a person. I simply posted what I read of the fibre-optics situation in Nigeria. I just never heard GLO was in it until now. Still not sure how. I mean I know Dangote was working on the project but not GLO.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by zomby(m): 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2009
@Kobojunkie: You do not have to post all the time, it's also cool to chill sometimes and just read.
Glo has been working on this project for the past 2 years and I can assure you that Dangote himself will confirm this without any question.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Gbawe: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
larez:

No disrespect but you may not be as well-informed as you think you are. Do a google search on Glo1 submarine to see the many hits you will get .

I guess what is stated below must be rubbish since you cannot verify it :

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/09/06/glo-1-submarine-cable-lands-in-lagos/

LAGOS – The much awaited Glo submarine cable system Glo 1, weekend, made a historic landing in Alfa Beach, Lagos, Nigeria. The landing is expected to mark the beginning of cheap bandwidth which in itself would translate into many possibilities in the Information and Communications sector of the Nigerian economy.

The project jointly executed by Globacom and its partners, Alcatel Lucent may give Nigeria lead in telemedicine, eCommerce and egovernance among other practices that transform economies.

Speaking at the scene of the landing, Globacom’s Executive Director, Human Resources, Mr Adewale Shangowawa, noted that with the landing of the Glo1 submarine cable, Globacom has scored another first and as well has taken a  bold step to give Nigeria the lead in the magical broadband revolution in Africa.

The source below must also be wrong . It must be all just "branding" as you surmise:

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/?p=3111

Glo One Submarine Cable Debuts in Lagos
September 8, 2009 in Broadband, Mobile and Telecoms

Globacom cable reaches LagosThe $800 million Glo 1 undersea cable has landed in Lagos. The landing of the submarine cable in Lagos makes Globacom the first single operator to successfully link submarine cable from the United Kingdom to Nigeria, a project that is designed to crash telecom prices and make bandwidth abundantly available.

This event is historical because it is the 1st time that a single company has embarked on such a projoct on the continent. The trend in the global telecommunication industry is for a consortium of companies or even nations to combine resources to build submarine cables as was the case with the SAT submarine 3 cable which was built by a consortium of 36 countries.

With the successful landing of the submarine cable in Lagos, Globacom says it will likely commence commercial operation after the commercial launch in 6 weeks time
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2009
I get tired of you paid agents of Nigerian politicians and primma donnas. Why must there be any hate involved? What da hell? Do you think a submarine fibre-optic cabling venture is a small thing that noone would have heard about it? Do you know how many hundreds of millions it costs in Dollars? Until I read it from a reputable global Networking or communication magazine, I will not believe it. It is a mere arrangement to ride off the other one while branding as theirs.

And by the way, it is crazy for anyone to say that they will by pass countries along the way where they could land and do their splicing. Do you know how many nautical miles it is from UK to Nigeria and how many countries they go past? Do you know that they go past all the other West African countries to get to Nigeria? Do you know how many feet of cabling can be run in a month? Or did you think it was a project that could be done in 2 weeks?

I won't even try arguing with you guys on this. I undertsand the logistics and infrastructure necessary to embark on such a project. Y'all better go for some geography lessons. One other note, How many submarine cable laying vessels do you think are available in the whole world? D\o you also think submarine capable fibre-optic cables are just sitting at Alaba market waiting to be bought? Even the contract for the cable alone will have been major news in the industry.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2009
I was about to go into shock after seeing the post from itnewsafrica. But then I saw the name:Emma Okonji Daily Independent at end and remain skeptical. But I have begun to research and will indeed hail Adenuga if he pulled this off without Western Media giving it it's rounds of press.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by lannre(m): 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2009
@ Larez

To me a layman its like speaking in tongues- You have not help here, can you tell us what these is all about. We can learn from one another
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Gekko(m): 9:13pm On Sep 08, 2009
larez:

I get tired of you paid agents of Nigerian politicians and primma donnas. Why must there be any hate involved? What da hell? Do you think a submarine fibre-optic cabling venture is a small thing that noone would have heard about it? Do you know how many hundreds of millions it costs in Dollars? Until I read it from a reputable global Networking or communication magazine, I will not believe it. It is a mere arrangement to ride off the other one while branding as theirs.

And by the way, it is crazy for anyone to say that they will by pass countries along the way where they could land and do their splicing. Do you know how many nautical miles it is from UK to Nigeria and how many countries they go past? Do you know that they go past all the other West African countries to get to Nigeria? Do you know how many feet of cabling can be run in a month? Or did you think it was a project that could be done in 2 weeks?

I won't even try arguing with you guys on this. I undertsand the logistics and infrastructure necessary to embark on such a project. Y'all better go for some geography lessons. One other note,  How many submarine cable laying vessels do you think are available in the whole world? D\o you also think submarine capable fibre-optic cables are just sitting at Alaba market waiting to be bought? Even the contract for the cable alone will have been major news in the industry.

Kai, you should spend a little time researching the validity of this project than expressing so much doubt.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 9:17pm On Sep 08, 2009
Nigeria and Wuru wuru. I knew it!!!!  Here is another scandal brewing. The poster should have never started this thread. come to find out, this was a done deal by NITEL!!!! there was no previous post about this deal prior to the past 1 month except for this, Y'all read for yourself ohhh!!! http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-137391383.html

It is only in Naija that an $800m project will happen without anyone in the world knowing about it until it is finished.

(From BBC Monitoring International Reports)

Excerpt from unattributed report entitled "Ministry, BPE disagree over sale of NITEL submarine cable" by Nigerian newspaper The Guardian website on 10 October

A trans-continental cable, SAT 3, is now threatening the ongoing privatization of the Nigerian Telecommunications Limited (Nitel).

The Ministry of Communications and the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) have sharply disagreed over the sale of the SAT 3 cable which belongs to Nitel.

The cable, on which Nitel allegedly spent over 45m dollars in 2002 to co-own with other international consortium of owner-operators, runs through the ,

Read all of this article with a FREE trial
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by DisGuy: 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2009
Glo 1 is real, theres also a competitor coming up by next year Main One cable

Glo1 was meant to be delivered march 2009 but its here now thankfully

I pity Hollywood, Microsoft sha 100m+ people with broadband grin
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2009
I was laughing at the picture of guys in suits pulling a cable ashore,  Why has Nigeria decided to be the laughing stock of the world? Was this supposed to authenticate the fact that a cable came ashore? If this project was in the process in 2002 and was owned by Nitel,  How was is sold to Adenuga and when?
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2009
Dis Guy:

Glo 1 is real, theres also a competitor coming up by next year Main One cable

Glo1 was meant to be delivered march 2009 but its here now thankfully

I pity Hollywood, Microsoft sha 100m+ people with broadband  grin

Do your own search about the project, and see if you can get any news about the deal and who supplied the cable,  What ship was used to lay the cable, when the submarine geological survey was done, when it was decided it was a feasible project, where divers and survey UAVs were contracted. I know the logistics that it takes to embark on a project like this as well as the infrastructure requirement it takes.

It can never be done without world scrutiny. Now do a search or the media cable one project, and you will find the details that I described.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by DisGuy: 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2009
larez:

I was laughing at the picture of guys in suits pulling a cable ashore,  [/b]Why has Nigeria decided to be the laughing stock of the world? Was this supposed to authenticate the fact that a cable came ashore? If this project was in the process in 2002 and was owned by Nitel,  How was is sold to Adenuga and when?

saw that too one ait,  grin

Next

[b]Short cuts

However, available information indicate that the company might have indulged in short cuts to get the cables down to Nigeria.

A reliable source in Globacom, told NEXT yesterday that, "although the cable has landed here in Nigeria straight from the UK, but the cable has not cut across to the other West African countries (as expected)."

The cable was supposed to have been routed through west coast countries, including Ghana and Senegal among others, but, "the company, because of pressure and high expectation from people and the players involved, had to bring the cable first to Nigeria, then redirect it to Ghana, Senegal and others," the source said.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by koolchicco: 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2009
Am i lost?, Whts the Topic?
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2009
Dis Guy:

saw that too one ait,  grin

Next

Where else can a submarine cable go through from UK to Nigeria? Suez Canal? lol, we are indeed holding up our names as the joke of the world. Is the population that uneducated that we fall for Nigerian media paid lies? Nitel paid for this cable and it looks like it had been completed since 2005.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by DisGuy: 9:41pm On Sep 08, 2009
Nitel's cable is SAT-3 completed in 2005

its different from glo-1 which was signed in 2007 just landed this week 2009

In West Africa next year, the Glo-1 Cable will link Nigeria and Ghana to Europe, and the Main One cable will link Nigeria and Ghana to Portugal.

However, it could still be several years before access to less expensive broadband connections becomes widely available to individual consumers, said Étienne Lafougère, the general manager for submarine network activity for Alcatel-Lucent, which has been contracted to build the majority of the submarine cables in Africa, including those for the East Africa Submarine Cable System and Teams. He said access depended on local Internet service providers updating technology and adding cables to the main system to reach more isolated areas.
New York Times
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Depilot(m): 9:42pm On Sep 08, 2009
Am i lost?, Whts the Topic?

Exactly, I'm lost too.
I believe the purpose of the topic is whether Mike Adenuga could use his magic to implement a plan that will solve our retarded electric supply problem.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Gbawe: 9:56pm On Sep 08, 2009
larez:

Do your own search about the project, and see if you can get any news about the deal and who supplied the cable,  What ship was used to lay the cable, when the submarine geological survey was done, when it was decided it was a feasible project, where divers and survey UAVs were contracted. I know the logistics that it takes to embark on a project like this as well as the infrastructure requirement it takes.

It can never be done without world scrutiny. Now do a search or the media cable one project, and you will find the details that I described.

Dude , you've discredited yourself as a biased voice with how you did not know the difference between main one and Glo 1 before you rushed in to say this : "The submarine fibre-optics cable that I am aware of was not a Glo project. Glo may just be the local Nigerian partner subscriber. I'll dig my files and post the info that I have."

You rushed to praise Kobojunkie for 'showing up' Adenuga and Globacom when it has now become apparent that you were both confusing main one with Glo 1 !!!!! You clearly don't know that Glo 1 is a separate entity from Main one so how on earth can you have any credibility when you wish to ridicule all that Adenuga and Glo1 represents ?
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by akigbemaru: 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2009

It is unfortunate the Yorubas presented a spent force as their presidential candidate in 1999, now the SW is awash with examplry leaders like Fashola, Mike Adenuga and a few others who can take Nigeria to the promise land but these up and coming young men would not be giving the chance.

But then no other Yoruba leader would have being accepted back in 1999, OBJ was the only consensus candidate that could have being accepted nationwide by virtue of his earlier stint in power.[ As a Yoruba man I feel embarass by what his regime acheive.

No be una collect kickback or egunje to put incestuous gorilla in power?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha / Amina Mohammed Reveals Secrets To Her Success / 2019: Southern PDP Chieftains Float New Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.