Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga (13374 Views)

Obasanjo, Adenuga, Okoya Welcome Buhari To Ogun State (Photos) / Adenuga Offers Keshi 2 Cars, A House,& N160M To Eagles / Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by inspiredm(m): 10:20pm On Sep 08, 2009
MIKE ADENUGA

My mentor, has done it again. 

Many Feathers to your Cap, We shall meet @ the Bull Towers cool cool
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2009
larez:

Where else can a submarine cable go through from UK to Nigeria? Suez Canal? lol, we are indeed holding up our names as the joke of the world. Is the population that uneducated that we fall for Nigerian media paid lies? Nitel paid for this cable and it looks like it had been completed since 2005.

Larez, larez, larez, How many times did i call you?
Olodo rabata oju eje lo mo je. Your ignorance is so appalling i feel like washing the toilet!!!!!!!!!
The fact that you didnt hear about GLO-1 means it is non-existent? I am dissappointed.
I heard/have been hearing about GLO-1 for almost 2yrs. I was one of the people that kept asking when it would land all the time cos it was supposed to land earlier this year. They started the campaign a long time ago. I believe they even had commercials on TV. Abi you no see the green light wey dey travel from UK, Portugal all the way to naija ni.
Shut up while you can. This is a real project. It is different from SAT-3 and Main 1.  Main 1 is not even billed to arrive until next yr
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by reindeer: 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2009
i wasnt following this particular discussion before but reading through,it seems there are only two groups of people here
1. The bunch which believes everything Nigerian and celebrates achievements
2. The bunch whose psyche have been abused by repeated nigerian failures that they NEVER see anything good coming out of the country.

Both groups have great points to buttress their stances but its glaring that group 2 have it wrong and are talking out of their disbelief in Nigeria and the Nigerian, my advice: Don't let your bias cloud judgments so much that you jump into condemnation.

To group 1, i only hope your hearts wont be broken again.

As for me, i'd rather adopt the 'keep your fingers crossed' approach as only time will tell, IMHO this is more reasonable than expressing unbridled bias wink
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by mustafar1: 10:39pm On Sep 08, 2009
i posted this thread back in february https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-228024.0.html

posted by Solomosydelle, feb 2nd 2009 on www.nigeriancuriosity.com

The international submarine communication cable has finally docked in Lagos, Nigeria. Built by Alcatel but financed by Globacom, a leading telecommunications service provider in Nigeria, the cable spans 9200km, came from Portugal and passes through 15 countries to reach Nigeria's financial and commercial capital. Once launched, it will increase the quality and number of internet services for Globacom's customers. Already, a Nigerian company owned by billionaire Dangote, Alheri, is putting up fibre optic cable lines all over the country to provide the faster internet capabilities to homes and offices. It seems that Nigeria's internet future is at the doorstep.

WHAT THIS MEANS FOR NIGERIA
As of March 2008, only 7.2% (10 million) of Nigerians used the internet. This number will explode once the underwater cable is fully launched and once it is extended to Bonny. The cable will allow for faster and cheaper internet access. That will, in turn, make access to the world wide web easier for information hungry Nigerians who already use the internet as a means of escaping their daily lives, communicating with friends and family, and learning about the world around them. By implication, information, which is a highly guarded tool, the dissemination of which has led to journalist and bloggers being arrested, would become more easily available as Nigerians demand and provide information on the issues of import to them.

The possibilities that await in Nigeria's future are endless. Consider the India example. The arrival of the underwater cable to India was arguably a crucial factor in transforming India into a leader in the outsourced services market. That reality brought not just jobs to the country, but investment, and accelerated the country's IT field. Now, Nigeria might not necessarily experience a growth in its IT sector or become a leader in the outsourced services market, but the underwater cable could provide a better outlet for indigenous industries such as Nollywood and the thriving Nigerian music scene. There would also bring more competition for local producers, forcing them to improve their products, which would be hard to deal with, but in a capitalist society, efficiency is crucial and the consumer will benefit.

Ultimately, it will be up to Nigerians to take advantage of this advancement in internet capacity. The possibilities are endless.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by namun(f): 11:17pm On Sep 08, 2009
@larez, why the beef. oh cos its a yoruba man in the view. he did it and none of your tribe could. ok. its people like you that talk people down and never leave a spot
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by sjeezy8: 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2009
Gekko:

The idea may have been shot around, but the key word is EXECUTION, he got it done!   I think you need to unsubscribe from the hater mentality.

Theres no hating here at all EXECUTION IS GREAT but simply like i said the IDEA has been shot around for years. no big deal
I unlike other Nigerians, dont get excited over things that we should have had years before, but its a step in the right direction
so maybe you should sit back and get off his nutts, cause d niggu aint doing nothing we haven't seen before.

reindeer:

i wasnt following this particular discussion before but reading through,it seems there are only two groups of people here
1. The bunch which believes everything Nigerian and celebrates achievements
2. The bunch whose psyche have been abused by repeated nigerian failures that they NEVER see anything good coming out of the country.

Both groups have great points to buttress their stances but its glaring that group 2 have it wrong and are talking out of their disbelief in Nigeria and the Nigerian, my advice: Don't let your bias cloud judgments so much that you jump into condemnation.

To group 1, i only hope your hearts wont be broken again.

As for me, i'd rather adopt the 'keep your fingers crossed' approach as only time will tell, IMHO this is more reasonable than expressing unbridled bias wink

I consist of neither, I dont believe in EVERY Nigerian nor im a doubter of ALL that come out of Nigeria.
I simply think its no big deal as Nigerians we should have been had these services.
BUT IF THE MEDIA WANTS TO ACREDIT EVERTHING TO ONLY BILLIONIARES' PRIVATE COMPANIES THATS GREAT. lol

@topic
To me they're branding but its ok, no need to blow everything up dude isn't the solution he is a step.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by becomrich15: 11:22pm On Sep 08, 2009
Adenuga can not solve your problem. one fibre line. come abroad, and see many.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by dinggle: 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2009
This is how we rush into conclusion in Nigeria, the retail service have not rolled out, we dont knw how fast the internet will be, we dont know how cheap or accessible? we can only dream and hope! with Nigeria u never knw!!!, pls lets wait and see because if the service charge is not competitive enough or so high that business cant access it then it will be useless to us. So pls lets wait till the end before we start praising Adenuga or asking him to take over electricity situation.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by goggs(m): 12:46am On Sep 09, 2009
To say that Adenuga should take over electricity in Nigeria is just ignoring the facts.

Everytime you load that N500 recharge card or which ever, Oga Adenuga makes cheese. Its with that he hired Alcatel Lucent to build the cable. Now any one with enough cheese, a license and a nose to smell the next wave of money spinning ventures can get a cable from here to the moon. The last time I checked the cable has not even been featured in main stream western media like BBC/CNN. The seacom cable was given better coverage. Laying cables is really nothing spectacular, though due to bandwidth starvation in this country, its a major achievement to us.

Our power problems are more complex than just throwing money at it. the network, the people, the institutions, the politics, the passion, integrity of leaders and other interrelated  issues are the issues. it must be built ground up.

By the way, glo has not yet crashed bandwidth cost yet as being alluded to by some posters. We need to wait until after the commercial launch before such sweeping statements can be made. Besides the guy says he spent $800 million to build the cable, he is not father Christmas. He will recoup his money when you load that N500 or whatever recharge card again.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 09, 2009
And who's launching the use of this gigantic telecommuniqúe piece of shitz!
I need get connected right away.

Topic.
And who's this one-man thang to curb Electricity Menace in Nigeria. . . ? Many have tried but failed.
Politics in Nigeria never seizes to amaze me.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On Sep 09, 2009
Roflmao!!! @Must_far.

DO you realize I just figured out now that GLO is GLOBACOM!!! roflmao!!! I remember that post of yours but it never dawned on me that GLObacom is this Adenuga's GLO. Roflmao!!! Talk of how much I know of the man and his businesses!! I can't believe I can be that slow!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Nobody: 3:27am On Sep 09, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Roflmao!!! @Must_far.

DO you realize I just figured out now that GLO is GLOBACOM!!! roflmao!!! I remember that post of yours but it never dawned on me that GLObacom is this Adenuga's GLO. Roflmao!!! Talk of how much I know of the man and his businesses!!  I can't believe I can be that slow!!  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

LIES!

Only a slowpoke will believe you on this.
How could you not have known that GLO is GLOBACOM?
How hard is it for you to admit your gaffes whenever you notice one on you?

Though, its clear that the project is solely for profit maximization, I still commend Adenuga as an individual for daring into such a "huge" project. Thats where I will stop. I wont go ahead like other nigerians jumping up and down in the street thinking he has performed a miracle knowing full well that:
1. The idea has been around for a long time.

2. The same amount used for the project can be looted by an individual in one day, either through politics or oil bunkering.

3. The said money used for this project may have been IBB's loot.

4. Its a child's play compared to what Ive seen in other places and how long its been there.

5. We are yet to feel the dividends.

Whichever way, more power to Adenuga and GLO's elbow.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Kobojunkie: 4:15am On Sep 09, 2009
You are free to believe as you want dude!!!  Jeezzz!!!
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by dwonder(m): 4:50am On Sep 09, 2009
larez:

Do your own search about the project, and see if you can get any news about the deal and who supplied the cable,  What ship was used to lay the cable, when the submarine geological survey was done, when it was decided it was a feasible project, where divers and survey UAVs were contracted. I know the logistics that it takes to embark on a project like this as well as the infrastructure requirement it takes.

It can never be done without world scrutiny. Now do a search or the media cable one project, and you will find the details that I described.

Where are u?

You deserve a knock on the head.

What details do u expect us to find, Tell us now, Me I want to learn oooo

http://www1.alcatel-lucent.com/submarine/refs/index.htm;jsessionid=5DRTY3MASSHWTLAWFRUE1CVMCYWGI3GC

This links to a map from alcatel lucent. ZOOM it and find GLO-1 cable route when under construction.

I expect you to say it is arrangee map but remember the map is there for the world to scrutinize like you said.

All your questions will be answered. 

I think everyone that achieves any success at what they do deserves praise even if the achievement does not meet our expectations.

Try to always keep an open mind.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by MUZBO(m): 5:32am On Sep 09, 2009
sjeezy8:

Mike adenuga is far from a role model for anyone please,

This Guys idea of internet and telecommunication have been shot around Nigeria for YEARS. he is late AND IS SIMPLY EATING OFF OTHERS IDEAS.

please when i hear the names of otedola, adenuga and dangote i simply feel like throwing up. They aren't doing shit but creating types of monopolies.
Exploiting Nigeria for personal gain. Only for the fact they have money to influence the government, which is the reason why their billionaires.

Guy, seems you have a Ph.D(Paddy hater's degree).
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by sjeezy8: 5:47am On Sep 09, 2009
MUZBO:

Guy, seems you have a Ph.D(Paddy hater's degree).

seems you have a sickness called take-his-nutts-out-your-mouth-itis
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by hollandis(f): 6:37am On Sep 09, 2009
It's on record (if it's not on CD, LOL) that GLO was,is and will be(not sure about the latter) the worst carrier company of the 4 operators.A man who cannot provide reliable telecommunications service should not be given the mandate to metamorphose our power industry .
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by rasputinn(m): 7:00am On Sep 09, 2009
Misleading topic
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by sayso: 8:31am On Sep 09, 2009
Create your own topic
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by MrKelly: 8:36am On Sep 09, 2009
The topic is misleading.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by MUZBO(m): 8:48am On Sep 09, 2009
sjeezy8:

seems you have a sickness called take-his-nutts-out-your-mouth-itis
See this sleezy a$s scrub!
I only observed your punk self righteous nature and you just let your meningitis loose.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by mmaks: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2009
electricity wahala in naija is a very sensitive issue. it a a veeerry big cancer that may consume even the most consumate businessman. he had better stay clear.a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by floriana(m): 9:33am On Sep 09, 2009
Seun,

This thread violates the forum rule that stipulates that topics should not be ambiguous. yet you put it on the front page. Please remove it. it is generating more controvery than comments.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Gbawe: 9:36am On Sep 09, 2009
mmaks:

electricity wahala in naija is a very sensitive issue. it a a veeerry big cancer that may consume even the most consumate businessman. he had better stay clear.a word is enough for the wise.

Almost everyone is missing the point here. Adenuga, and any other businessman or financier for that matter , cannot become involved in the Nigerian Power sector because , unlike the telecom sector , it is not deregulated and open to the participation of everyone. The Nigerian FG retains the sole right to distribute electricity. Pointless generating 10,000 MW when the FG will not distribute it due to their own selfish political calculations.

If the electricity sector is entirely deregulated it would be ridiculous for anyone to think that foremost enterpreneurs like Adenuga cannot contribute significantly and beneficially to the adequate electrification of Nigeria. Power supply is not rocket Science. With[b] the presence of political will[/b]   men like Adenuga can provide the funding and attract the expertise to get us out of our power debacle. If the FG deregulates the power sector most Nairalanders , even if they are total novices, could electrify their respective States effectively by 'piggybacking' competent and experienced power generation Companies in a Private-public-partnership arrangement .

Once empowered by constitutional law it would be easy for States to invite expert and World-experienced power generation companies to devise complete electrification solutions . The Power generation company, Private-public-partnership style , can then collect its investments plus adequate profit over an agreed period of time. Simple. The likes of Adenuga can facilitate such arrangements with their clout and funds even if they will also make money in the process.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by sley4life(m): 9:44am On Sep 09, 2009
never
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Nezan(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2009
the OP is misleading.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Jarus(m): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2009
Given the hydraheadedness of the situation, it's going to be difficult, but I believe Mike Adenuga can go along way in fixing Nigeria's electricity problem.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by jaybee3(m): 9:56am On Sep 09, 2009
Jarus:

Given the hydraheadedness of the situation, it's going to be difficult, but I believe Mike Adenuga can go along way in fixing Nigeria's electricity problem.
How?
I hope you know power generation is not as straightforward as telecoms (especially mobile comms)
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by dgreatrock(m): 10:01am On Sep 09, 2009
i cant understand the connection between the topic and the starter post
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Emilo(m): 10:02am On Sep 09, 2009
We still decieve ourselves into beliving any good can come from any of them undecided are they not all d same, any how u put it do u think this people have d masses in mind,its all about d benjamins, any how they go about it,or make u believe they are doing d right thing its all about d cash.So u guys better open ur eyes. shocked
   As for light if u think we are going to have ight soon then u better wake from ur sleep, as long as dis same people are still there,nothing can come out of it
Counrty of people who cannot fight 4 whats theirs, only to talk. cry
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Jarus(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2009
jay bee:

I hope you know power generation is not as straightforward as telecoms (especially mobile comms)
I agree with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hon. Independence Ogunewe: Incalculable Loss To Nigeria's Democracy And Imolites / Ondo Election: APC, PDP Supporters Clash / APC NWC Meeting: Deputy National Chairman, Kyari Presiding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.