Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga (13372 Views)

Obasanjo, Adenuga, Okoya Welcome Buhari To Ogun State (Photos) / Adenuga Offers Keshi 2 Cars, A House,& N160M To Eagles / Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 6:57pm On Sep 09, 2009
These ridiculous people who have been programmed to believe that wealth should concentrate and remain in the hands of a few Nigerians, while others should not even have a chance. What creates that kind of a mindset in Nigeria? Did anyone know Fashola was so capable until he had a chance to prove himself?E gba mi o.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by Depilot(m): 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
These ridiculous people who have been programmed to believe that wealth should concentrate and remain in the hands of a few Nigerians, while others should not even have a chance. What creates that kind of a mindset in Nigeria? Did anyone know Fashola was so capable until he had a chance to prove himself?E gba mi o.

Instead of beating around the bush since yesterday, you should have come up with this statement right from start. At least we now know where you're coming from.
I do not care who produces stable electric supply in this country, I'll just love to see it done asap.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2009
Depilot:

Instead of beating around the bush since yesterday, you should have come up with this statement right from start. At least we now know where you're coming from.
I do not care who produces stable electric supply in this country, I'll just love to see it done asap.

I am surprised that you will still make such a statement after it has been clarified that it isn't about a who/whom, but rather about policies and will of government. Until this is resolved, a certain class of Nigerians will fight tooth and nails to make sure "Power" never works in Nigeria. There is so much money in it for them. This defines the problem, and my solution suggests taking away the incentives that they have in making money off power not working by dis-investing the economy from feeding their greed. But based on government policies, this direction can only be carried out on an individual basis, which can only be encouraged by an enabling environment.

What this translates to is that government should make it easy for home/property owners to get financing in alternative energy. Things like Loan guarantees for Solar/Wind power and tax incentives are approaches that can be explored. It is only when there is no money in Generators and fuel importation for generators that the cabal becomes powerless. Hope you understand now. Our focus should remain on ways to resolve issues rather than personal attacks from town criers.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by GeorgeD1(m): 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2009
loan guarantees and subsidies is a step in the right direction as far
as alternative energy is concerned.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by asha80(m): 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2009
@larez

I understand you guy.As far as the current policy on electricity generation remains nothing positive can happen to the sector no matter the determination of an energy group or person.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2009
Let's look at this from another angle. What is the cost of building power plants and maintenance, running power lines, transformers, and worst of all the inadequate Nepa staff and collection system that encourages bribes instead of payments? When you look at all these costs combined with inefficiencies, you may actually find that Solar is cheaper if the government just gives grants for Solar power. NEPA/PHCN is subsidized and overstaffed with their offices being hanging out spots. When we add the costs of their offices and the upkeep for them as well, Solar will probably win hands down.

In Nigeria, we have to start thinking outside of the box to resolve our problems. We keep repeating the same mistakes expecting a different result that never materializes. This is just outright stupendous. Also remember that people who use Solar energy undergo a paradigm shift and automatically become more conscious about power conservation and green ways of doing things. When Nigeria becomes a society like that, we will beginj to develop better ways and make wiser decisions about things. Right now, we all wait and sit on our butts for government to come resolve issues while our lives are speeding past us and being wasted.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by GeorgeD1(m): 8:18pm On Sep 09, 2009
true up to a point.

but not all of us are 'sitting on our butts for government to come resolve issues while our lives
are speeding past us and being wasted'
some of us have actually decided to take our fate in our hands and it's already yeilding results.
soon, nepa/phcn will be a distant memory for us because they will no longer be relevant in
our day to day lives! grin
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2009
George_D:

true up to a point.

but not all of us are 'sitting on our butts for government to come resolve issues while our lives
are speeding past us and being wasted'
some of us have actually decided to take our fate in our hands and it's already yeilding results.
soon, nepa/phcn will be a distant memory for us because they will no longer be relevant in
our day to day lives! grin

Alright Bro. So this means I'll be seeing you at Maryland huh? Have you planned with the Suya University guys to come and cater while you bring the hot-dogs and chicken wings? I go vex if I come march inside sun and I no see better chop and drink oh. We might as ell make a street party out of it. Props man!!
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by GeorgeD1(m): 3:04pm On Sep 10, 2009
I'm sorry but my tight schedule will not allow me time to travel that far.
maybe some other time? the alternative power thing is a private initiative
for me and is not meant to be comerciallized.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by cre8tivity(f): 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2009
alternative power in nigeria is a great idea, but "if i can't chop from the stabilizing power supply project in nigeria, it means nobody else can do it correctly" this is exactly what i'm getting from some of the posts on this topic.
we went from talking about using mike's taste for success and his proven accomplishments to drive the initiation of stabilizing power supply in nigeria, - to finding every obstacle on earth that will make this implementation impossible, - to then introducing our own backyard project. this is a typical example of why nothing is working in nigeria and why great nigerians everywhere aren't getting the credit they deserve. everybody wants to be a champion even when it's clearly not in their blood line.
it's a shame.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by GeorgeD1(m): 8:22pm On Sep 10, 2009
it's in everybody's bloodline to be a champion, sister.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by larez(m): 11:07pm On Sep 10, 2009
George_D:

did you even have to respond to such silly statement? Most of these people live in a solid state of "I'm loyal sir" to prove that they are worthy of the crumbs thrown at them from the table. Go read that statement again and see if it doesn't sound like something a lunatic will say. Since when have we started stopping subjects from evolving? I get tired of these crumb chasers who lurk in Nairaland to protect the interests of their paymasters.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by cre8tivity(f): 11:48pm On Sep 10, 2009
it's called figure of speech.
i simply wanted readers to clearly understand my point without saying much or pointing figure directly to dr hate. if you read through the posts u will clearly understand what i'm trying to say.
of course, anyone can be a champion, especially in our dreams
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by GeorgeD1(m): 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2009
aye. certainly beyond their dreams. but i'd give it to you there. being big or small
starts with the mind. you can never be a champion if you dream small things.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by oge4real(f): 4:02pm On Sep 11, 2009
Adenuga has certainly made a name for himself by achieving this feat, but i think the issue of power in Nigeria is more than him, except he is willing to literarily take a bullet from those who have sworn that we will never have stable power supply.
What do you want all these mighty importers of generators to do? Everyday, new models of improved noiseless sets are being invented and shipped to Nigeria.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by GeorgeD1(m): 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2009
that's why your president was talking about a cabal responsible for
nepa failure in nigeria.
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by cre8tivity(f): 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2009
it has been 3 days straight so far that we do not have power supply. it's also public holiday in nigeria, but there is no reason to celebrate because we do not have power supply. my generator is now crying for help. i'm getting sicy and tired of this shit, something has to be done.
help!
Re: Solution To Everlasting Electricity Failure In Nigeria = Mike Adenuga by GeorgeD1(m): 7:06pm On Sep 21, 2009
they finally restored power after keeping us in darkness for a whole month! nepa, na una biko! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Dictator Is Coming To Fix Nigeria - Pastor Bakare / Fashola Inspects Power Substation In Molai, Maiduguri, Visit Shehu Of Borno(pics / FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.