Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South (5615 Views)

Nigerian Expresses How Difficult It Is To Get His PVC In The South East (pics) / APC Is A Failure, Has Lily-Livered, Weak Leadership; IPOB Must Be Curbed - Sagay / Yoruba Elders Accuse Buhari Of Marginalizing The South & Favouring The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by attacker321: 9:55am On Jul 06, 2016
From all indications, the Yoruba is the weak link in the south. I say this with all sense of responsibility.

The far north i.e, the Hausa/Fulani know that the Yoruba is the soft spot where they can always take advantage of to hold everybody down especially the Yoruba muslims.

If not for the weakness of the Yoruba, by now the South would have been able to pull down the fulani hegemony and look the north in the face and say 'Enough is enough.'

2015 was a great opportunity to tell the north that you cannoy always get what you want or bully your way into power but Yoruba under the guise of 'sophistication' messed everything up.

The hausa/fulani threatened that there would be no Nigeria if they didn't get back their power in 2015 and the South ought to have called their bluff but because of yoruba 'sophistication' see where we are today.

Yoruba ronu oo.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by achi4u(m): 10:00am On Jul 06, 2016
To every accusations there must be some home truth.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by emerged01(m): 10:00am On Jul 06, 2016
What happened after 2011 when Yoruba voted massively for Jonathan?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by Habiodunz(m): 10:02am On Jul 06, 2016
Ok a ti gbo oo
Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 06, 2016
what's up with the obsession with Yoruba.

your forefather azikwe did all he could to kiss the ass of his Fulani lord,on what grounds did your foolish Dr zik would want to be in a union with the Hausa who on slightest provocation would descend on his people and hunt them like games in the arena.,what about the kano riot 1953.
Between 1947 and 1959 Nigerian nationalist leaders from different regional, ethnic, and religious communities came together in a series of conferences and to negotiate the transition to self-rule and to map out a common future. During these interactions the Northerners declared Nigeria “the mistake of 1914”
This proposal for inclusion of right of secession by the regions in independent Nigeria by the AG(West)was rejected and resisted by NCNC (east) which vehemently argued for a tightly bound united/unitary structured nation because it viewed the provision of a secession clause as detrimental to the formation of a United Nigeria. In the face of sustained opposition by the NCNC delegates, later joined by the NPC and backed by threats to view maintenance of the inclusion of secession by the AG as treasonable by the British, the AG was forced to renounce its position of inclusion of the right of secession a part of the Nigerian constitution.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by loopman: 10:14am On Jul 06, 2016
You iboes have a probem

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by lawbabs: 10:14am On Jul 06, 2016
attacker321:
From all indications, the Yoruba is the weak link in the south. I say this with all sense of responsibility.

The far north i.e, the Hausa/Fulani know that the Yoruba is the soft spot where they can always take advantage of to hold everybody down especially the Yoruba muslims.

If not for the weakness of the Yoruba, by now the South would have been able to pull down the fulani hegemony and look the north in the face and say 'Enough is enough.'

2015 was a great opportunity to tell the north that you cannoy always get what you want or bully your way into power but Yoruba under the guise of 'sophistication' messed everything up.

The hausa/fulani threatened that there would be no Nigeria if they didn't get back their power in 2015 and the South ought to have called their bluff but because of yoruba 'sophistication' see where we are today.

Yoruba ronu oo.

when Yoruba voted for a southern president in 2011, where e lead them? abegi park well. the igbos & ss didn't call for unity in the south when Jonathan was destroying the sw. Yoruba pple don't cry when they are hard done. they will strike with their vote... so don't call it weakness. it is political maturity. we all cannot be militants and rebels...

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by Fashola4thSon: 10:15am On Jul 06, 2016
Yes

I agree we are
My Yoruba People are betrayals
Bunches of cow

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by attacker321: 10:15am On Jul 06, 2016
emerged01:

You don't understand, this is not about whether Yorubas voted for GEJ in 2011. You guys claim to be wise but you ought to have known that 2015 was a great chance to make a bold statement to the core north, that they don't own this country but you failed.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by modath(f): 10:20am On Jul 06, 2016
Whenever you people are about to embark on your mindless, divisive, hate fueled missive from a traumatized soul, first ensure only ignorant folks abound, some of us will not allow such travesty go unchecked, No, it will not HAPPEN.....

You lots stay with Yoruba on your lips, all day everyday, why the irrational obsession for goodness sake?

2011 result speak for itself.... Yoruba expectations may not be totally met ATM, but they aren't worse off than it was under the IB despite their "investments" which was even greater than 2015.. cool

12 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by StOla: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2016
When other Southerners are at the receiving end of the national cake, the South is OK. When Yorubas are present at the sharing they suddenly become the weak link of a Southern unity that never existed.

You are talking of the opportunity in 2015, whatever was done with the actualisation that occurred in 2011?

Yorubas are only good when they help you to their own detriment or against the national good?

Inglorious basterds!

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by niyot124: 10:23am On Jul 06, 2016
attacker321:

Yoruba ronu oo.

We yaff hear. Biafra boy.

Next pls...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by sevenhundred(m): 10:29am On Jul 06, 2016
attacker321:

You don't understand, this is not about whether Yorubas voted for GEJ in 2011. You guys claim to be wise but you ought to have known that 2015 was a great chance to make a bold statement to the core north, that they don't own this country but you failed.
where were u when azikwe was romancing the north? and alex dancing with babangida? sorry for u.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by ba7man(m): 10:29am On Jul 06, 2016
attacker321:

We should let GEJ destroy the nation to prove a point to the northerners?

We don't reason like the NDA naa...... that's why southwest is stable.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by StOla: 10:32am On Jul 06, 2016
attacker321:

I guess the "benefitted" would have been the usual backbone of Jonathan that could not keep him erect alone?

The statement made in 2015 is that Yorubas are independent thinkers who would not serve any tribes' greed for that tribe's benefits alone.

I reckon you wanted a continuation of the scenario from 2011, when a tribe will claim that some ministries belong to them and Jonathan must not sack or prosecute any erring member of their tribe?

What a shame the backbone was accorded strength rating without verification testing done.

The backbone failed the body, we only wheeled the paralysed body out of national sight.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by OjukwuWarBird: 10:34am On Jul 06, 2016
Forget all this online pretense. Yorubas on the streets are complaining bitterly of their wrong choice and selfish politics against the better South cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 06, 2016
No Wonder your god - Ojukwu's Political Party APGA is presently controlling the entire South East region, and some States in the South-South too!
No wonder APGA was overwhelmingly voted for by the East and South when it presented Ojukwu as his Presidential Flag Bearer against a Yoruba Man and a Northerner in 2003 and 2007 respectively!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by HtwoOw: 10:37am On Jul 06, 2016
Did someone forget to lock the gates of a psychiatric hospital today? Just mad people posting nonsense up and down

First of all Yoruba always respects agreement Ann honor it to the letter

DabullIT always said there are 3 regions in Nigeria

Northern (Hausa, fulani, kanuri) all called hausa

Western (western region, Yoruba land)

Eastern (SS/SE/ND) basically Yeebos

Now, OBJ left it for hausa, Hausa passed away left if for ibo, each used one term while obj used two, while one lost the second term bid, Yardua never got the chance

That is why Buhari and Osibanjo were teamed up

Point being Yoruba voted what we wanted because the last goat we voted for was an ingrate and the most corrupt president ever

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by attackgat: 10:42am On Jul 06, 2016
I agree with OP. The SW are the weak link that the North have used to exploit Nigeria. There many examples of this but I will mention two

1) If the South of Nigeria is regarded as SW/SE/SS then the SW are the only ones never to have taken up arms against the North. SE have done it in the Biafran war. SS have done it with the Niger-Delta militants (MEND, NDVF, NDA). The SW have never done anything.

2) Lagos is regarded as being in the SW and part of Yourubaland. But this same Lagos was siezed by Northerners in 1966 and used as their 'control base' to rule Nigeria from the 60's right into the 90's when the capital was moved to Abuja. It would have been impossible for the Northerners to rule Nigeria from Enugu or anywhere in the SE, the Igbos would risen one day and wiped them out. It would have been impossible for them to rule Nigeria from Portharcourt or anywhere in the SS, the militants would have chased them out. But it is Lagos they can go and relax for nearly 30 years because they know that the Yorubas cannot do anything.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 06, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:
Forget all this online pretense. Yorubas on the streets are complaining bitterly of their wrong choice and selfish politics against the better South cool
No wonder Yorubas are bombing Companies in their region, threatening to bomb 3rd Mainland Bridge, killing innocent People in some parts of Ogun and Lagos States respectively!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 06, 2016
attackgat:
I agree with OP. The SW are the weak link that the North have used to exploit Nigeria. There many examples of this but I will mention two

1) If the South of Nigeria is regarded as SW/SE/SS then the SW are the only ones never to have taken up arms against the North. SE have done it in the Biafran war. SS have done it with the Niger-Delta militants (MEND, NDVF, NDA). The SW have never done anything.

2) Lagos is regarded as being in the SW and part of Yourubaland. But this same Lagos was siezed by Northerners in 1966 and used as their 'control base' to rule Nigeria from the 60's right into the 90's when the capital was moved to Abuja. It would have been impossible for the Northerners to rule Nigeria from Enugu or anywhere in the SE, the Igbos would risen one day and wiped them out. It would have been impossible for them to rule Nigeria from Portharcourt or anywhere in the SS, the militants would have chased them out. But it is Lagos they can go and relax for nearly 30 years because they know that the Yorubas cannot do anything.
Yorubas ain't Chest Beaters!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by attackgat: 10:48am On Jul 06, 2016
adeyemi2015:

Yorubas ain't Chest Beaters!!!

I know! It takes effort to beat the chest. For people who have never taken 'action', I fear even beating the chest will be just too much.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by attacker321: 10:52am On Jul 06, 2016
attackgat:

You are right. They have never taken up arms against the north, just wait for them to come and tell you that they are sophisticated people and can't do such.

The whole Biafran war was prosecuted from their land where they allowed northern soldeirs occupy everywhere yet wonder why the Biafran army marched towards Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 06, 2016
attackgat:

I know! It takes effort to beat the chest. For people who have never taken 'action', I fear even beating the chest will be just too much.
and after ojukwu was through beating his chest,he later contested under Fulani party,the same Fulani that killed 3 million of his people

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by attackgat: 11:04am On Jul 06, 2016
hagmond1:
and after ojukwu was through beating his chest,he later contested under Fulani party,the same Fulani that killed 3 million of his people

Well at least he he fought first before he conceded defeat and contested under a 'fulani party'. You guys conceded defeat long before there was even a 'Fulani party'. Yes 3 million died, but no price is too great to pay in the quest for freedom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 06, 2016
attackgat:

Even when you beat the chest, all we hear is a hollow and empty noise. The great backbone of Jonathan presidency that couldn't keep him standing longer than you can say biafra.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 06, 2016
attackgat:

grin
Guess you can remember that Awolowo's intelligence won the Biafra War, Adekunle, OBJ only taught you Guys a little lesson on the battlefield?!
Mahatma Ghandi has a solution to your Chest-Beating Problem!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 06, 2016
attackgat:

Well at least he he fought first before he concede defeat and contested under a 'fulani party'. You guys concede defeat long before there was even a 'Fulani party'. Yes 3 million died, but no price is too great to pay in the quest for freedom.
akpu logic of bravery and are yeebos free?with the monthly Biafro protest
I guess not.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by Progressive01(m): 11:09am On Jul 06, 2016
Here they come again. That ignorant bastard won't see this nonsense but would be all up in my face drooling like a dog that swallowed a frog once I comment.

These guys must have a massive tumour in their heads that prevent them from thinking like normal human beings.

Tufiakwa.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by vedaxcool(m): 11:13am On Jul 06, 2016
op and daft foollish comment are

15 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by Tokety7: 11:14am On Jul 06, 2016
attacker321:

As in, make a bold statement to whoever by making sure that the Otuoke bastard return right?
Very foolish thread.

16 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Weak Link In The South by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2016
emerged01:
jonathan gave you people the speaker house of reps,but corrupt leader tinubu sold your position to the north in the name alliance.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB / Gani Adams Reveals How Yorubas Lost Lokoja Without A Fight / High Chief Ikechi Emenike Remains Suspended - Abia APC Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.