Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,170 members, 7,849,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:07 AM

Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili (2405 Views)

Death Of 26 Nigerian Girls In Mediterranean Sea: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari / Oby Ezekwesili Questions #bbnaija Voters - 11million Votes? / Ezekwesili Cries Over Freed Chibok Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by castrokins(m): 2:01am On Jul 07, 2016
Recall The Lagos State Government Recently Announced A Ban On Street Hawking In Lagos And The Media Has Been Awash With Stories Of Arrest By Agencies Enforcing The Ban.

In The Light Of This, Former World Bank Vice President And Minister Under Obasanjo, Oby Ezekwesili Took To Twitter To Contribute To The Discourse, Asserting That The Lack Of Economic Opportunities In Other States Was Responsible For The Influx Of People To Lagos, Who End Up On The Streets To Eke A Living. That Didn't Go Down Well With "Onye Nkuzi", Another Twitter Lord.

See The Clap Back Response In The Attached Image, That Oby Is Still To Recover From

MODIFied:

Lalasticlacla, The People Need To See This Post For The Following Reasons;

1. Onye Nkuzi Seem To Have Raised A Valid Narrative As To Why Lagos May Be Fighting A Lost Battle To Control And Regulate The Informal Business Environment In The State.

2. Comments By People On This Thread Underlines The Interest Of The Central Government In Undermining The Ability Of Other States Of The Federation To Go The Way Of Lagos Due To Inherent Executive Legislative List In The Constitution. A Wider Audience Will Ensure That Legal Practioners Assess And Suggest Ways We Can Go From Here As A Nation.

Thank You

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by Amberon: 5:43am On Jul 07, 2016
oo
Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by MRSALT: 5:52am On Jul 07, 2016
Looooool
Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by Scream(m): 6:30am On Jul 07, 2016
He is not totally correct...what did the Governors of the rich states in the south do to position their states for development for example? After 4 hears, they become super rich..even richer than their states. What is the networth of former leaders from the north, west and east? The answer would tell you why the nation is like this.

If we had an opportunity to do something different from what the "owners of Nigeria" think, we lost that opportunity trying to please them.

Why didn't they develop our ports in Warri, Onitsha and Calabar? Why didn't they build the rail line across the costal areas connecting the ports?

Why don't we want to tap our abundant deposits of solid minerals is Enugu, Edo, West and North?

We want already made...

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by loopman: 6:50am On Jul 07, 2016
The guy dey use iPhone, but no fit charge his phone.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by BlackSeptember: 6:59am On Jul 07, 2016
Ngozi is always wrong. Tell me any state in Nigeria that you won't find hawkers in traffic? Will she blame the family of those hawkers now undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by BlackSeptember: 7:00am On Jul 07, 2016
loopman:
The guy dey use iPhone, but no fit charge his phone.
Is that the only response you can contribute? It's too early for kiddies stuff here

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by BlackSeptember: 7:04am On Jul 07, 2016
Scream post=47283791[s:
]He is not totally correct...what did the Governors of the rich states in the south do to position their states for development for example? After 4 hears, they become super rich..even richer than their states. What is the networth of former leaders from the north, west and east? The answer would tell you why the nation is like this.

If we had an opportunity to do something different from what the "owners of Nigeria" think, we lost that opportunity trying to please them.

Why didn't they develop our ports in Warri, Onitsha and Calabar? Why didn't they build the rail line across the costal areas connecting the ports?

Why don't we want to tap our abundant deposits of solid minerals is Enugu, Edo, West and North?

We want already ma[/s]de...
You ended up writing trash. Hawking is a form of small scale selling and its prevalent everywhere in the world. Will you start typing this trash anywhere you find hawkers undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by freeze001(f): 7:09am On Jul 07, 2016
Scream:
He is not totally correct...what did the Governors of the rich states in the south do to position their states for development for example? After 4 hears, they become super rich..even richer than their states. What is the networth of former leaders from the north, west and east? The answer would tell you why the nation is like this.

We want already made...

The bolded parts in ur post are conveniently reserved as exclusive powers and functions of the FG by d constitution. That is how the 'owners of Nigeria' fashioned Nigeria to keep other regions tied to d slow n selective movement of the unitary govt we operate.

Why do u think d cry for restructuring constantly rents d air and punctuates every national discourse? Why do u also think that all Mr President has to offer is that tired and deceptive line of the unity of Nigeria being non-negotiable? Tell me how decentralising power to d regions for more autonomy affects unity!
What now informs his feverish installation of strictly northern and islamic faithfuls in all sensitive areas of governance from security to our only viable resource for now, petroleum?

Have you asked why there is no real, tangible effort to revive agriculture, education, health, power and solid minerals yet u see Buhari and his handlers going on and on about oil, oil and more oil? Why is d Ministry of Information given higher budgetary allocation than agriculture? It is to as much as possible 'sanitise' d information that gets to u so u hear only what they want.

Try reading and doing some real research. Yes, governors are rabid thieves at state level but d current system only encourages same when all they do is receive monthly allocation. I'm sure if they had to provide their own funds they'd be more circumspect and dull thieves that have no intelligent or innovative bone in their bodies would be more easily weeded out because they wouldn't even contest knowing they'd have to really work and not wait for monthly handouts from the South!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by oduastates: 7:13am On Jul 07, 2016
Always looking for excuses to compensate for the catastrophic failure of their states.
Allocation Per capita, lagos gets the lowest allocation.
Yet, she has been able to play to her strengths and make full use of all the inherent advantages awolowo endowed the state; Most especially the physical infrastructure (industrial estates.) and the self fulfilling infrastructure ( education).
I have travelled my fair share around Nigeria and it is very easy to. Pinpoint why many states are failed state.

corruption.
Incompetence.
Attitudes
Lawlessness
Values
Extreme conservatism.
History,culture and the mindset.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:14am On Jul 07, 2016
Until Nigerians stop making excuses and realize that they are getting EXACTLY what they are telling the politicians they deserve, they'll continue to remain stuck in the same place. Listen to the politicians talk and tell me they think they are doing anything wrong. But, the people praise them instead of holding them responsible so why should they make any real effort to alleviate your suffering? Put as much pressure on your State Government as you do the Federal Government. Put pressure on your State Legislators, Local Government officials and your Representatives in the National Assembly. For example why aren't Nigerians coming together and raising issues over the huge allowances all these people collect while the minimum wage is pegged so low? What makes him so special that you earn N18k/month and he/she earns thousands of dollars/month? Why can't they earn, say, N100-150k/month? Aren't they there to serve? But when they give themselves huge allowances and pilfer some more when they had access to Government funds and still get people that support them why should they change? Raise pertinent issues.

The Nigerian people and their politicians are peas in a pod. Neither of them truly wants a changed, developed society. They're satisfied with doing things the old way while the world speeds past them.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by loopman: 7:17am On Jul 07, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Is that the only response you can contribute? It's too early for kiddies stuff here

What is in the message? LASG has made up it mind, no more hawking in traffic on lagos highways, what part of that is too difficult for you people to understand?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by loopman: 7:20am On Jul 07, 2016
BlackSeptember:
You ended up writing trash. Hawking is a form of small scale selling and its prevalent everywhere in the world. Will you start typing this trash anywhere you find hawkers undecided

Is it by force to hawk in Lagos? You can move your wares to any other states that has not criminalize hawking in traffic.
Why is it that some particular section of the country only thrive in disorganized setting?
Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by loopman: 7:22am On Jul 07, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Mynd44 its too early to exchange words online

Is that an insult ? You support traffic hawking, so you shouldn't have a problem being referred to as one. cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by Flexherbal(m): 7:26am On Jul 07, 2016
If there were jobs out there, people would not have been hawking!
Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by BlackSeptember: 7:28am On Jul 07, 2016
loopman:

Is it by force to hawk in Lagos? You can move your wares to any other states that has not criminalize hawking in traffic.
Why is it that some particular section of the country only thrive in disorganized setting?
In Iwo road in ibadan do they have hawkers?

In Abeokuta do they have hawkers selling minerals?

In Oshogbo town do they have hawkers?

In Akure do they have hawkers?

Pray tell, Is hawking common with any tribe or religion?

The only thing common with all ethnic group is the will to survive by those in the lower echelons of the society

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by oduastates: 7:29am On Jul 07, 2016
Flexherbal:

Lagos has provided enough work for her indigens and more. It is not her job to do so for others.
Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by loopman: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2016
BlackSeptember:
In Iwo road in ibadan do they have hawkers?

In Abeokuta do they have hawkers selling minerals?

In Oshogbo town do they have hawkers?

In Akure do they have hawkers?

Pray tell, Is hawking common with any tribe or religion?

The only thing common with all ethnic group is the will to survive by those in the lower echelons of the society

Cut the bullshyrteee, LASG has declared hawking on highway as not acceptable in the state, is it by force to hawk in lagos?
If you like shout from morning till night about how there are hawkers in other states, that is your headache, you are committing a crime if you do it in lagos.
Nonsense !!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by BlackSeptember: 7:37am On Jul 07, 2016
loopman:

Cut the bullshyrteee, LASG has declared hawking on highway as not acceptable in the state, is it by force to hawk in lagos?
Don't make hawking sectional. I buy my gala from an igbo guy in traffic then compliment it with Minerals from a yoruba woman at Oshodi

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:37am On Jul 07, 2016
Flexherbal:
They should move base or change strategy; they're entrepreneurs aren't they? Lagos says it doesn't want them, so they should move to other opportunities that'll tolerate, appreciate and accept the services they provide. Other states might see an opportunity/benefit in them, they can't know until they try. But, sitting in Lagos crying over a Government policy that seems to be popular with the people--- especially when most of the affected are believed to be from areas outside of Lagos --- just won't cut it. At this point, trying to force the Government to rescind it's decision is not going to yield much results.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by tinkinjow: 7:38am On Jul 07, 2016
Firstly I don't think that statement amounts to clapping back.
Secondly the guy is merely stating a valid point. I don't know whether Lagos govt understands as well as appreciates the magnitude of what lies ahead. This is different from the Okada ban.

But as the guy stated, the easiest and fastest way to solve this problem is Federalism in the real sense. But since a certain section may not have its people appointed to head different "lucrative" parastatals they'd rather die than allow it.
Yet fg talk of diversifying the economy everyday. What best way to achieve it than Federalism.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by BlackSeptember: 7:40am On Jul 07, 2016
oduastates:

Lagos has provided enough work for her indigens and more. It is not her job to do so for others.
Tell that to a Kenyan or Somalian cry The unemployment affects the Kabirus and Chukwunas of this Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by loopman: 7:42am On Jul 07, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Don't make hawking sectional. I buy my gala from an igbo guy in traffic then compliment it with Minerals from a yoruba woman at Oshodi

You are the one putting in a tribal connotation to the ban, I don't care, neither do LASG, the fact is that on a balance of scale, the bad side of highway traffic hawking outweighs the good sides. They would definitively find something else as an alternative to do if they don't stay on highways.
It's a defeatist and a lazy mentality for you to think they would die or have nothing else to do if they don't hawk on highways,
Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by BlackSeptember: 7:50am On Jul 07, 2016
loopman:

You are the one putting in a tribal connotation to the ban, I don't care, neither do LASG, the fact is that on a balance of scale, the bad side of highway traffic hawking outweighs the good sides. They would definitively find something else as an alternative to do if they don't stay on highways.
It's a defeatist and a lazy mentality for you to think they would die or have nothing else to do if they don't hawk on highways,
I can bet my that you ve never worked before and your bigotry is now part of you that you didn't know you ve been attacking a tribe since the beginning of this thread
Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 07, 2016
loopman:

If you like shout from morning till night about how there are hawkers in other states, that is your headache, you are committing a crime if you do it in lagos.
Nonsense !!

Oga Yoruba pple refuse.to obey LASG directive... they still hawk Gala and coke etc... saw many of them at ikorodu, Agric etc yesterday,......
Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by Scream(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2016
BlackSeptember:

The only trash there is your inability to see beyond your nose! That being a hawker was your ambition doesn't make it the dream occupation of most people that engage in it...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by Scream(m): 8:06am On Jul 07, 2016
BlackSeptember:

The only trash there is your inability to see beyond your nose! That being a hawker was your ambition doesn't make it the dream occupation of most people that engage in it...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by Scream(m): 8:23am On Jul 07, 2016
freeze001:

The bolded parts in ur post are conveniently reserved as exclusive powers and functions of the FG by d constitution. That is how the 'owners of Nigeria' fashioned Nigeria to keep other regions tied to d slow n selective movement of the unitary govt we operate.

Why do u think d cry for restructuring constantly rents d air and punctuates every national discourse? Why do u also think that all Mr President has to offer is that tired and deceptive line of the unity of Nigeria being non-negotiable? Tell me how decentralising power to d regions for more autonomy affects unity!
What now informs his feverish installation of strictly northern and islamic faithfuls in all sensitive areas of governance from security to our only viable resource for now, petroleum?

Have you asked why there is no real, tangible effort to revive agriculture, education, health, power and solid minerals yet u see Buhari and his handlers going on and on about oil, oil and more oil? Why is d Ministry of Information given higher budgetary allocation than agriculture? It is to as much as possible 'sanitise' d information that gets to u so u hear only what they want.

Try reading and doing some real research. Yes, governors are rabid thieves at state level but d current system only encourages same when all they do is receive monthly allocation. I'm sure if they had to provide their own funds they'd be more circumspect and dull thieves that have no intelligent or innovative bone in their bodies would be more easily weeded out because they wouldn't even contest knowing they'd have to really work and not wait for monthly handouts from the South!

True... Very true. I want true federalism, I support resource control. But you and I know that getting it peacefully is difficult as "those that own Nigeria" would not want it.

His talks about the unity of the country speaks volumes about him. The US is even more united than us and they practice true federalism...

My point is that while we pursue that, we should ensure that our funds are properly utilised.
Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by Scream(m): 8:27am On Jul 07, 2016
oduastates:

But they can collect tax from "others". I hope that where they are others, that won't be treated that way.
Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by loopman: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2016
BlackSeptember:
I can bet my that you ve never worked before and your bigotry is now part of you that you didn't know you ve been attacking a tribe since the beginning of this thread

That is the difference between us, while you condemn the act because majority of those involved are your blodas and sistas, I view it from the angle of the good of the majority amd restoration of sanity on our highways.
If I'm working or not working should be the least of your headache/concern as I don't collect allowance from you, you can keep mastubatting on the rest of your trash
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili by loopman: 8:46am On Jul 07, 2016
crixtex:

Oga Yoruba pple refuse.to obey LASG directive... they still hawk Gala and coke etc... saw many of them at ikorodu, Agric etc yesterday,......

What is my own whether they are Yorubas or not, whoever flout the laws should be deal with according to extant laws.
For the umpteenth time, stop involving tribes in this issue. What is wrong with you Ibos sef? Must everything go the way of tribalism ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Horrible Atrocity Rochas Okorocha Is Committing At Owerri (photo) / Igbo's The Hope Of Nigeria Wake Up!!! / Tribute To Emeka Ojukwu - By Yakubu Gowon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.