Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria (3560 Views)

'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him / Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by OMAR12: 8:55am On Jul 07, 2016
ATERI:

Op started well only to devalue the piece towards the end. North may have all those resources, but the fact is that the Niger Delta region has been sustaining Nigeria since the 70s. From 1979 till 1999 Northerners were in total control of Nigeria, and they looted the treasury to such an extent that Nigeria becomes a failed state.

Let me tell Biafrans that none of them can be more intelligent than Ojukwu. What that means is that they need to pursue their reforming ambitions differently. In a democratic system, a referendum is an inferior decision-making process, that is why elections are relied upon. As the Op has pointed out, you never know what secession would give you in the final analysis. There is no evidence to support the view that a nation can only do well by becoming smaller. Granted, Norway and Sweden were one and the same country before ditto Belgium and the Netherlands, but I don`t think their separation was the main reason why they are doing fine today. The unification of East and West Germany has contributed enormously to making Germany the king of Europe. And it was after Hong Kong was added to China that China becomes an economic super power. It`s said that a pessimist would see difficulty in every opportunity and an optimist would see opportunity in every difficulty.The size and population of our country should not be blamed for our backwardness, let`s blame our leaders. Why was South-West region able to provide free education to university level between 1979 and 1983 and South-East couldn`t? Who should one blame for this, the North?
Secession may and may not lead to a better Igboland

it a gamble the Igbos are willing to take, people with like mind either help something grow or kills it with their idea.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by EteEdoho: 9:10am On Jul 07, 2016
tsephanyah:
is this faith or optimism
you can tag it anything,but weep more for your Oduduwaland,and leave others alone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by tsephanyah(f): 9:20am On Jul 07, 2016
EteEdoho:
you can tag it anything,but weep more for your Oduduwaland,and leave others alone.
dude first I'm not Yoruba by tribe, I'm shuwa. Second I will not weep* whatever Nigeria become, I only pity u,
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by MyGeneration(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2016
tsephanyah:
dude first I'm not Yoruba by tribe, I'm shuwa. Second I will not weep* whatever Nigeria become, I only pity u,
what is shuwa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by tsephanyah(f): 10:07am On Jul 07, 2016
MyGeneration:

what is shuwa?
I don't know
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by EteEdoho: 10:07am On Jul 07, 2016
[s]
tsephanyah:
[/s]SHUWA lol. Whatever it means,you are already a prey to islam/ISIS. Stop disturbing people. Stop pitying people who doesn't give a flying f*ck about you and your pity. In other words,shove ur pity where it shineth not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by tsephanyah(f): 10:12am On Jul 07, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s]SHUWA lol. Whatever it means,you are already a prey to islam/ISIS. Stop disturbing people. Stop pitying people who doesn't give a flying f*ck about you and your pity. In other words,shove ur pity where it shineth not.
I'm an Isis so I'm not prey rather predator, I pity u and I will continue to do that, it pains u I know.
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by tsephanyah(f): 10:14am On Jul 07, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s]SHUWA lol. Whatever it means,you are already a prey to islam/ISIS. Stop disturbing people. Stop pitying people who doesn't give a flying f*ck about you and your pity. In other words,shove ur pity where it shineth not.
I'm an Isis so I'm not prey rather predator, I pity u and I will continue to do that, it pains u, right
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by EteEdoho: 11:17am On Jul 07, 2016
[s]
tsephanyah:
I'm an Isis so I'm not prey rather predator, I pity u and I will continue to do that, it pains u I know.
[/s]Buhahahahahahaha. Am not piffed at your claim,after all you are a muslim,and ISIS are muslims too. So whats the big deal. But am a bit stattled at your pro-one Nigeria stands,owing to the fact that,your ISIS objective will be easy achieved should Nigeria divides. So why are you invariably wooing Biafrans to stay put to Nigeria,while you know her exist from the Nigerian union will help you achieve your islamization agenda. You must be confused.

1 Like

Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by attackgat: 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
ATERI:

Op started well only to devalue the piece towards the end. North may have all those resources, but the fact is that the Niger Delta region has been sustaining Nigeria since the 70s. From 1979 till 1999 Northerners were in total control of Nigeria, and they looted the treasury to such an extent that Nigeria becomes a failed state.

Let me tell Biafrans that none of them can be more intelligent than Ojukwu. What that means is that they need to pursue their reforming ambitions differently. In a democratic system, a referendum is an inferior decision-making process, that is why elections are relied upon. As the Op has pointed out, you never know what secession would give you in the final analysis. There is no evidence to support the view that a nation can only do well by becoming smaller. Granted, Norway and Sweden were one and the same country before ditto Belgium and the Netherlands, but I don`t think their separation was the main reason why they are doing fine today. The unification of East and West Germany has contributed enormously to making Germany the king of Europe. And it was after Hong Kong was added to China that China becomes an economic super power. It`s said that a pessimist would see difficulty in every opportunity and an optimist would see opportunity in every difficulty.The size and population of our country should not be blamed for our backwardness, let`s blame our leaders. Why was South-West region able to provide free education to university level between 1979 and 1983 and South-East couldn`t? Who should one blame for this, the North?

Your analysis isn't bad in my view but it misses out on certain salient points. Ojukwu once believed in Nigeria. He believed in it so much that he fought for Nigeria in the Congo. What changed his mind? Nigeria started unraveling as soon as the British left in 1960. Sectional interests took over which culminated in 1966 coup, counter-coup and eventual mass slaughter of Easterners, the declaration of Biafra and the war that followed. We have had 50 years of trials and tribulations to see that Nigeria does not work as a nation. The brief period of prosperity we had 1960-64 was when we were loosely connected under the regional system. Since Gowon dissolved the regions and created States to encourage the unitary system, we have been fighting each other. When people have been fighting themselves for 50 years, a times comes to say enough is enough. What might have saved Nigeria is if it was run under a confederal structure with a very weak centre and powerful federating units just like Ojukwu and Gowon signed in Ghana. Sadly, this does not sit well with the Norths "born to rule" ideology. Therefore, the only rational thing to do is to dismantle this house of Lord Lugard and let the indigenous of the land choose their destiny via a referendum. This talk about ISIS or Boko Haram is story for the beds in the sky. Let everyone go and protect themselves, let everyone institute their on Governments and administer themselves. Nigeria is a failed enterprise and no amount of 'dilly-dallying' will change that fact
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by ATERI(m): 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
attackgat:

Your analysis isn't bad in my view but it misses out on certain salient points. Ojukwu once believed in Nigeria. He believed in it so much that he fought for Nigeria in the Congo. What changed his mind? Nigeria started unraveling as soon as the British left in 1960. Sectional interests took over which culminated in 1966 coup, counter-coup and eventual mass slaughter of Easterners, the declaration of Biafra and the war that followed. We have had 50 years of trials and tribulations to see that Nigeria does not work as a nation. The brief period of prosperity we had 1960-64 was when we were loosely connected under the regional system. Since Gowon dissolved the regions and created States to encourage the unitary system, we have been fighting each other. When people have been fighting themselves for 50 years, a times comes to say enough is enough. What might have saved Nigeria is if it was run under a confederal structure with a very weak centre and powerful federating units just like Ojukwu and Gowon signed in Ghana. Sadly, this does not sit well with the Norths "born to rule" ideology. Therefore, the only rational thing to do is to dismantle this house of Lord Lugard and let the indigenous of the land choose their destiny via a referendum. This talk about ISIS or Boko Haram is story for the beds in the sky. Let everyone go and protect themselves, let everyone institute their on Governments and administer themselves. Nigeria is a failed enterprise and no amount of 'dilly-dallying' will change that fact

I`m all for confederation, but tell me how united are the people of your wards before we get to your local governments, then the states. The truth is that, if anyone is going to do well out of confederation, we would know through what is happening in the states today. Who is stopping the South-West from continuing with their free education policy? Lack of political will is the answer. Is Buhari stopping Enugu State governor from putting a welfare package in place for the people of Enugu? Is there anything in the constitution that makes that impossible?
My brother, do you know it`s illegal to conduct a referendum in Germany? Or is Germany also a zoo? After German re-unification billions were pumped into East Germany in order to equalize things. In other words, regions need each other to prosper, that is not going to change under federation or confederation
The South-East does not have any reason to be causing any confusion right now. A politically savvy Igbo would be the most quiet in Nigeria today because everybody knows that it is the turn of Igboland to produce the President of this country. Whatever you want can then be pursued then and you would see the outcome. What is the rationale for creating distractions when you should be concentrating minds on Igbo`s marginalisation? How is the current situation going to boost your chances?
If we have confederation today, opposition party in Igboland would reach out to the centre in their quest for power and as a way of gaining that power in their region, leading to the type of chaos that happened in the South-West during the 1st republic. That can`t be an ideal scenario
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by ATERI(m): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
OMAR12:
it a gamble the Igbos are willing to take, people with like mind either help something grow or kills it with their idea.

David Cameron took a gamble and it is almost certainly going to lead to the end of the United Kingdom. Only gamble when all other options have failed, my brother.
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
Why cant people allow the SE to make their own mistakes?
They feel like Swans surrounded by crocodilrs in Naija and thats why they want out.

Most older ibos might not jump readily for the idea of biafra but the zeal burns eternal in the youths.

the youths are the motha fuckin lifeblood of Igbo race.

Why must the Northernera or SW take on d mantle of guardian saints?

Marriage is never by force. if it ever becomes by force, there will always be acrimonous bitterness.
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by ATERI(m): 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
kazuna:

Do u know singapore and malaysia were once one country? are they not better off?

Austra and hungary?

Why cant d SE make their own mistakes.

Why must the Northernera or SW take on d mantle of guardian saints?

Marriage is never by force. if it ever becomes by force, there will always be acrimonous bitterness.

I`m not advocating forced marriage, just saying that Igboland might end up being like Hungary and Malaysia rather than Austria and Singapore
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
ATERI:

I`m all for confederation, but tell me how united are the people of your wards before we get to your local governments, then the states. The truth is that, if anyone is going to do well out of confederation, we would know through what is happening in the states today. Who is stopping the South-West from continuing with their free education policy? Lack of political will is the answer. Is Buhari stopping Enugu State governor from putting a welfare package in place for the people of Enugu? Is there anything in the constitution that makes that impossible?
My brother, do you know it`s illegal to conduct a referendum in Germany? Or is Germany also a zoo? After German re-unification billions were pumped into East Germany in order to equalize things. In other words, regions need each other to prosper, that is not going to change under federation or confederation
The South-East does not have any reason to be causing any confusion right now. A politically savvy Igbo would be the most quiet in Nigeria today because everybody knows that it is the turn of Igboland to produce the President of this country. Whatever you want can then be pursued then and you would see the outcome. What is the rationale for creating distractions when you should be concentrating minds on Igbo`s marginalisation? How is the current situation going to boost your chances?
If we have confederation today, opposition party in Igboland would reach out to the centre in their quest for power and as a way of gaining that power in their region, leading to the type of chaos that happened in the South-West during the 1st republic. That can`t be an ideal scenario

does Germany not conducting referendums makes Canada or Spain that allows such Idiots?

Maybe the SEterners dont believe in becomin presidos of Naija. Dey just wnt to b presidos of their own Country.

Itx that simple. Why are we seein faces in d sky on a sunny day.
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by Trunquejnr(m): 2:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
tsephanyah:
Almighty US and alies protect Israel with extreme hardware, yet Israel live in fear and been attaked everyday, irondome can't protect them, they live with two eyes open 24/7, Israel is surrounded by Shi'a, if it's sunni, wow!! it will be worse, will only be known as zombieland, not Israel vs Palatine. now let us Annalise Biafra nation surrounded by sunni countries control by Isis, yes Isis* because thy will take over Algeria, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Chad Cameroon, God forbid any civil war kicks in Nigeria, thy will snatch that opportunity. After civil war in iraq, the US and UK, big mistake, Instead of creating a benign liberal
democracy, the war in Iraq has
emboldened violent jihadis and
inflamed sectarian conflict. The
country’s politics remain precarious
and deeply unstable, defined by
sectarianism that pits Arabs against
Kurds, and Shias against Sunnis.
Christians have fled or been
“cleansed” from much of the region.
The disorder in Iraq has gravely
affected the wider Middle East,
empowering Iran, heightening
tensions with Saudi Arabia and
greatly complicating the civil war in
neighbouring Syria, where as many
as 400,000 people have died since
2011 and many millions have been
displaced. The instability in the
Middle East has also contributed to
the worst refugee crisis in Europe
since the end of the Second World
War. If this happens in nigeria, What will be of Africa talkless of Biafra? What will happen to minority Christians in the north? What of population of igbos that still leave in the north after much covert warning by the ipob? So pls hold this Biafra thing, for some other century not this one, the world have seen enough chaos another refugee crisis in Africa will be worst than world war 2. So peace is not negotiable, bombing the pipeline will only cause big problem to south not north. is all about oil, isn't? There is more oil and gas in the north than any place in the world, in fact oil was first discovered in north, drilling material was first deployed to north. Just because of sea water, conspiracy brought by the engineer's report. makes the south think thy have rich land than North ^<> uranium, wind energy, solar energy, fertile land, enough land, less erosion land, coal, zinc, gold, all in the north. Pls we want out too, is just that there is Isis in play now, so the Biafran and lazy bombers should sharrap, and keep quiet for a while, when the time is right, we will vote and leave this almagation or whatever. Call me names, badmouth my English, whatever ma dai kun gane mai nake nufi. Lastly we knew that there is covert operations going on in the south, example DSs oncovert graves of death hausa/fulani Muslim, hmm planning attack on lagos, I wonder how our subjew educated Igbo's reason sometimes.
Nonsensical post ever
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by attackgat: 4:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
ATERI:

You are still living in dreamland. The office of president of Nigeria is a worthless position. What will such a position do for Igbos? What did it do for the Northerners who held it for more than 30 years? Did it help Yorubas when OBJ was there for 8 years? Ask anyone in the Niger-Delta if GEJ's presidency helped them. The office of the president is worthless and every individual who ever had it messed up big time because Nigeria does not work as a nation. It's like giving someone the keys to a messed up car with a bad engine and telling the person that they should be happy to be the driver. Igbos must aspire to be independent and self Governing. We should not be in Nigeria fighting for political positions that never helped anyone. It maybe illegal to conduct a referendum in Germany, but Germans are one tribe, which is totally different from Nigeria. Maybe it is true that we all need each other, but it is not a must we must all be in one country to help each other. We can trade and do so many beneficial things without having be under the banner of 'one Nigeria' which failed a long time ago. One last thing, you talked about what is stoping the Western region from implementing free education like Awolowo did or what is stoping a Governor from introducing welfare packages like Dr Okpara did? Awolowo did that in a time when Nigeria was still a true federation and Awo was in control of Western resources. Now things are reversed, the federal Government control everything and the states have to go every month to beg for monthly allocation.
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by OMAR12: 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
ATERI:

David Cameron took a gamble and it is almost certainly going to lead to the end of the United Kingdom. Only gamble when all other options have failed, my brother.
am not going to brag or anything but I can bet my everything on that fact that I won't fail, reason being check out Nigeria today everyone is out to milk the country dry they are preping up for the that break up nobody have the interest about the country at heart, because after Nigeria they have some where else to go. BT when tribes as big as the Igbo and Yoruba and Hausa fulanis become a nation or country that stands on their own u can't milk ur people dry nah, where u wan run go, check out countries like who exist as a singular unit (tribe language culture) like Denmark Poland France England Swiss even Swaziland cannot be left out.u can only make policies that will benefit ur people and implement it with that same people, and again why I feel it important that every tribe become it own country is the fact that most languages in Africa are at the verge of going extinct, BT with a country with ur tribesmen and ur language as the lingual franca of that country, even those that travelled outside will be forced to keep the fire of the language burning, cos one day no matter how long they stay away they are bound to return home.
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by wanimo: 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
tsephanyah:
Almighty US and alies protect Israel with extreme hardware, yet Israel live in fear and been attaked everyday, irondome can't protect them, they live with two eyes open 24/7, Israel is surrounded by Shi'a, if it's sunni, wow!! it will be worse, will only be known as zombieland, not Israel vs Palatine. now let us Annalise Biafra nation surrounded by sunni countries control by Isis, yes Isis* because thy will take over Algeria, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Chad Cameroon, God forbid any civil war kicks in Nigeria, thy will snatch that opportunity. After civil war in iraq, the US and UK, big mistake, Instead of creating a benign liberal
democracy, the war in Iraq has
emboldened violent jihadis and
inflamed sectarian conflict. The
country’s politics remain precarious
and deeply unstable, defined by
sectarianism that pits Arabs against
Kurds, and Shias against Sunnis.
Christians have fled or been
“cleansed” from much of the region.
The disorder in Iraq has gravely
affected the wider Middle East,
empowering Iran, heightening
tensions with Saudi Arabia and
greatly complicating the civil war in
neighbouring Syria, where as many
as 400,000 people have died since
2011 and many millions have been
displaced. The instability in the
Middle East has also contributed to
the worst refugee crisis in Europe
since the end of the Second World
War. If this happens in nigeria, What will be of Africa talkless of Biafra? What will happen to minority Christians in the north? What of population of igbos that still leave in the north after much covert warning by the ipob? So pls hold this Biafra thing, for some other century not this one, the world have seen enough chaos another refugee crisis in Africa will be worst than world war 2. So peace is not negotiable, bombing the pipeline will only cause big problem to south not north. is all about oil, isn't? There is more oil and gas in the north than any place in the world, in fact oil was first discovered in north, drilling material was first deployed to north. Just because of sea water, conspiracy brought by the engineer's report. makes the south think thy have rich land than North ^<> uranium, wind energy, solar energy, fertile land, enough land, less erosion land, coal, zinc, gold, all in the north. Pls we want out too, is just that there is Isis in play now, so the Biafran and lazy bombers should sharrap, and keep quiet for a while, when the time is right, we will vote and leave this almagation or whatever. Call me names, badmouth my English, whatever ma dai kun gane mai nake nufi. Lastly we knew that there is covert operations going on in the south, example DSs oncovert graves of death hausa/fulani Muslim, hmm planning attack on lagos, I wonder how our subjew educated Igbo's reason sometimes.
from your first paragraph, I simply deduced that Biafra is the saviour of the north hence ISIS has not conquered north Africa and northern Nigeria.

Pls stick with only elephant grass and don't add paw paw leaves to it
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by AminuRano87(m): 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
ATERI:

God bless you. Some people think that the moment they leave Nigeria, all their hardship will end. LEADERSHIP is the issue.
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by ATERI(m): 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
AminuRano87:
God bless you. Some people think that the moment they leave Nigeria, all their hardship will end. LEADERSHIP is the issue.

Absolutely!
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by forgiveness: 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
tsephanyah:

Really! I am beginning to be confused here. Is Fula same with Shuwa, which exactly are you?

Those pictures have different faces, which are you?

It has been long you showed up here. I still wish to learn few things about Fula. Shuwa too might be interesting to learn too.

Na wa ooo. We dey the same country but e bi like say we dey apart like heaven to hell.

Hello!
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by loco4love: 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
ko ni dafun awon arata NIGGERIA ni ile Yoba.

Yobas MUST kill the Nigerian foreigners and f*ck them out of THEIR country.

Yobaland belongs to Yobas only. f*ck Nigeria in the asshole.
Re: Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria by Daewang: 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2017
What a bastardized animal

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Oby Ezekwesili Pledges 50 Per Cent Appointment For Women, Youth / Hausa Woman Defends Igbos Against Insults / #ENDSARS Protesters Storm Aso Rock Called Buhari Lazy Man (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.