Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,203 members, 7,860,319 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos (4902 Views)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Diezani Played God, Even Jonathan Could Not Tame Her – Agbaje / Fashola: Jonathan Lacks The Knowledge To Tackle Nigeria’s Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by akigbemaru: 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2009

Since agberos comprises of yorubas and some of them are being used by him to achieve his other personal ambition,there is little or nothing he can do.Is a pity.

Who told you that? Sizable number of Igbos are Agberos too. They even made it to the top echelon of Lagos Agbero ranks.
Did you hear of Ajagbe Bomboy for Oshodi? He used to be the head of 36 kini or 36 lions. They eat people, meaning if you step on their toes they would kill you. Bomboy is a typical Igbo boy and he ran everything in Oshodi down to Bolade till his demise (God bless is soul). I like whem Pasuma wonder praises him those days.

Have you heard of Austin Akala? These Igbo guys made their ways up because they can fight. Bomboy was about 6"7 tall and weighed like 340 pounds. I bet, you ain't gonna see no draw if you fight that 340 pounds' gorilla though!

Issues of Agberos will be solved but no time soon. If elections come, that's when you know that bad boys have their own time. Just Fashola needs to put them in check, so they won't inflint so much disturbs on Lagosians. I had many times been a victim of Agberos.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by Marymos: 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2009
@MUZBO and @Mofolayomi,Well i only express my personal opinion and i stand being corrected.If you think otherwise,you have yours.Lets hope and expect that before the end of his tenure,he will do something positive about the agberos.I f that is done,i will be the first to score him 100%.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by sley4life(m): 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2009
agberos are govt workers in lagos so fashola might allow them remain to go around with their nuisance
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2009
agberos come from every tribe but I dont want to waste time educating people who are allergic to reality.

Let anyone who wishes to, continue believing agberos are only Yoruba.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by naylove(m): 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2009
i think we need to reach out to Representatives of Fashola If we cannot get Fashola himself. after all Dele Momodu responded to some threads.

as per that agbero issue. i believ BFR has soomething up his sleeves for them barring Tinubu standing order.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by camaldina(m): 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2009
" Agberos have been in Lagos even before Tinubu's regime. Their initial modus operandi was collection of levies from Bus drivers from the garage. A certain time came when the garages were over flooded with more buses due to the ever increasing population of Lagos state. They had to start taking their tolls on the roads at designated points that are known to the drivers. They have a fixed target they must deliver to the National union of road transport workers and the state government. So it's no just a state affair and because those 'agberos' are always harsh with drivers when they refuse to pay doesn't moake them criminals."

tay0tfc,i guess u are a part time agbrero
u shd be d road, not here
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by Fhemmmy: 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2009
Almost any governor, and not just the military has to do something about it.
It is laziness on the part of the agberos, and it is fear on the part of the lagos govt, the govt is afraid of losing popularity, and cant deal with the wahala of the people, however, there is a need to do something about it.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by onlysose(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2009
it was agberos and area boys that comfronted police when obj was about taking over lagos
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by mccloud224(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2009
@jassie

@aasog and noetic2. . . I'm feeling u guys!
@Poster

I understand your concern about the agbero issue, but I must tell u that u have a very shallow mindset. If your thinking was straight and u were born in Lagos, u would have understood better.

Agberos have been in Lagos even before Tinubu's regime. Their initial modus operandi was collection of levies from Bus drivers from the garage. A certain time came when the garages were over flooded with more buses due to the ever increasing population of Lagos state. They had to start taking their tolls on the roads at designated points that are known to the drivers. They have a fixed target they must deliver to the National union of road transport workers and the state government. So it's no just a state affair and because those 'agberos' are always harsh with drivers when they refuse to pay doesn't make them criminals.

Fashola isn't happy with the mode of operation of these agberos even as they generate revenue for the government, that's why he created the BRT! When the BRT covers all areas in Lagos, danfo buses will go extinct and agberos will be no more. . .

Please think before u write and stop accusing the Best State Governor in Nigeria!. . .

Decent composition.Well detailed.

Nuff said.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by lannre(m): 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2009
naylove:

i think we need to reach out to Representatives of Fashola If we cannot get Fashola himself. after all Dele Momodu responded to some threads.

as per that agbero issue. i believ BFR has soomething up his sleeves for them barring Tinubu standing order.

Agreed. But I wonder why people dont want BRF to be checked, he is no saint and has never claimed to be one. Hear him addressing The LASU 'Allied Union' he talks about human limitation. Maybe he is experiencing such too with Agbero Issue.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by dbaptist1(m): 10:26pm On Sep 09, 2009
god tins don't come easily and MUST SAY THIS HE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
WHY NOT LET US LEARN TO WAIT IN ORDER TO REAP THE GOOD FRUITS AT D END RATHER DAN CRUCIFY HIM NOW DAT HE IS STILL IN PROGRESS PF MAKING LAGOS A MEGA-CITY
WE WILL ALL REAP THE FRUITS OF HIS LABOR AT D END
CAN U COMPARE TINUBU:HIS PREDECESSOR TO HIM,
AH U C
HE IS D BEST WE'VE GOT PRESENTLY EVEN IN D WHOLE NIGERIA SO LETS APPRECIATE HIM

PROP[S 2 U SIR
I SALUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by spoOne: 10:33pm On Sep 09, 2009
In time Fashola will handle this issue as well - he's smarter than any agbero, or group thereof.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by german007(m): 11:24pm On Sep 09, 2009
@akigbemaru

Whao bros, Were you an agbero before? or are you on now urself?  You seem to know all their names and aliases.??

I hail oh
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by IGWEUSA(m): 11:35pm On Sep 09, 2009
Please no body should trojan into the way of these Agberos, they are one of the spinal cords of Nigerian democracy cheesy

I dare say that they are the only group that can protest on the streets of Nigerian cities without being cowed by the trigger happy Nigeria
police and army officers. How many of us in this forum have protested before on the streets of Nigeria? tongue
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by IGWEUSA(m): 11:37pm On Sep 09, 2009
german007:

@akigbemaru

Whao bros, Where you an agbero before? or are you on now urself? You seem to know all their names and aliases.??

I hail oh
ROTFLMAO!! Maybe he is well versed in the history of agberos in Lagos but not an active member.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by benlay(m): 1:23am On Sep 10, 2009
the issue with agbero is not about sending them away but put them in check, if they send them away crime rate will shoot up,being where they are now keep them away from the streets, govt. should check their excesses and things would be alright
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by sley4life(m): 1:54am On Sep 10, 2009
Agberos will always remain
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by sjeezy8: 1:57am On Sep 10, 2009
ok the Thug problem is all over Nigeria it just happens to be called "Agbero" because these thugs(of all tribes) are in Yorubaland.

why point out fashola and las giddi?

last time i checked the Bko haram,Mend,Massob   Kinappers in the East,weren't angels either . . . . . . tongue

from what i see everyone is going to follow fashola, As soon as he does something about them the rest of the country will follow AS ALWAYS

man i think people(outside) love lagos they know so much about it, yoruba language ya know
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by ridgeman: 5:52am On Sep 10, 2009
They need jobs, training, programs to ease them out,
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by german007(m): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2009
The simple solution is to create some sort of social services system, Where unemployed people can get some support like weekly or monthly payments, food voucher plus other benefits. Instead of big fat goverment officials and politicians their with pot bellies touching the steering wheel embezling the nation's money.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by segunpc(m): 11:23am On Sep 10, 2009
[@aasog and noetic2. . . I'm feeling u guys!
@Poster

I understand your concern about the agbero issue, but I must tell u that u have a very shallow mindset. If your thinking was straight and u were born in Lagos, u would have understood better.

Agberos have been in Lagos even before Tinubu's regime. Their initial modus operandi was collection of levies from Bus drivers from the garage. A certain time came when the garages were over flooded with more buses due to the ever increasing population of Lagos state. They had to start taking their tolls on the roads at designated points that are known to the drivers. They have a fixed target they must deliver to the National union of road transport workers and the state government. So it's no just a state affair and because those 'agberos' are always harsh with drivers when they refuse to pay doesn't make them criminals.

Fashola isn't happy with the mode of operation of these agberos even as they generate revenue for the government, that's why he created the BRT! When the BRT covers all areas in Lagos, danfo buses will go extinct and agberos will be no more. . .

Please think before u write and stop accusing the Best State Governor in Nigeria!. . .

HOW CAN ANYONE IN HIS RIGHT THINKING SENSE SAY WE SHOULD AVOID PUBLIC BUSES AND USE ONLY THE RED CAB JUST BECAUSE OF AGBEROS?

AGBEROISM IS EVIL

THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED JUST LIKE ANY EVIL SETTINGS

AND HAS DANFO GONE EXTINCT IN PRESENT BRT ROUTES?
THEY STILL HAVE BEEN ONE OF OUR BEST MEANS OF MOVEMENT

WE SHOULD THINK B4 POSTING
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by lawrence83: 8:24pm On Sep 10, 2009
akigbemaru:

Who told you that? Sizable number of Igbos are Agberos too. They even made it to the top echelon of Lagos Agbero ranks.
Did you hear of Ajagbe Bomboy for Oshodi? He used to be the head of 36 kini or 36 lions. They eat people, meaning if you step on their toes they would kill you. Bomboy is a typical Igbo boy and he ran everything in Oshodi down to Bolade till his demise (God bless is soul). I like whem Pasuma wonder praises him those days.

Have you heard of Austin Akala[b][/b]? These Igbo guys made their ways up because they can fight. Bomboy was about 6"7 tall and weighed like 340 pounds. I bet, you ain't gonna see no draw if you fight that 340 pounds' gorilla though!

Issues of Agberos will be solved but no time soon. If elections come, that's when you know that bad boys have their own time. Just Fashola needs to put them in check, so they won't inflint so much disturbs on Lagosians. I had many times been a victim of Agberos.
na wa oh, see as u de mention dia names
these guys were menace to the city called lagos, kingpins, that is jst what they were.
disturbing peace and order in lagos. i think to eradicate to agbero wont b a mere fit.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
ridgeman:

They need jobs, training, programs to ease them out,

he's been trying to do that.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by german007(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2009
Like i said earlier

The simple solution is to create some sort of social services system, Where unemployed people can get some support like weekly or monthly payments, food voucher plus other benefits. Instead of big fat goverment officials and politicians their with pot bellies touching the steering wheel embezling the nation's money.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by GboGboAye: 9:31am On Sep 11, 2009
ah ah! Come o. What do u want fashola to do? Go to them and slap them? What can the man do? Abeg abeg abeg! this is just extremely ridiculous. The fact that brack obama is president doesnt mean that gang wars have stopped in USA. Haba!
Fashola na God? Let the man do his thing aeg.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:47am On Sep 11, 2009
Unfortunately there is little we can do about them.

I was very unfortunate to have had a run in with Agberos on Eko bridge just facing the National Arts theater. My car broke down between 10 and 11Pm. as i pulled out my Caution sign to warn road users of the problem ahead.

3 boys stepped towards me from the dark and asked me for "Food Money" i replied I am in trouble here please help me push and i will pay your food money. out of the blues i received a slap from behind and as i turned i saw 4 other boys, one got into my car and started ransacking it. while the others continued to slap me about and ask where i kept my money. all this as people other cars drove by. I even got kicked in the nuts. can u believe that.

I was very fortunate that a policeman drove by on an Okada to halt my suffering. without phone, cash and dignity, i begged him to hang-around a little longer . he called a tow truck which i paid 10k (to take me home) and wrote him a cheque for 5k (for saving my life obviously)

Pray you never have to be in the hands of Agberos ever. I laughed when i heard of the Fashola CCTV. i guess he paid me back for that.

Fashola has no intentions of solving the area boy problem, neither did Tinubu or the present or past OBA of Lagos. they have a dastardly evil purpose and when the time comes, they will be used with deathly efficiency. (Obanikoro Nigerian Ambassador2ghana was an Agbero once)
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by sjeezy8: 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

Unfortunately there is little we can do about them.

I was very unfortunate to have had a run in with Agberos on Eko bridge just facing the National Arts theater. My car broke down between 10 and 11Pm. as i pulled out my Caution sign to warn road users of the problem ahead.

3 boys stepped towards me from the dark and asked me for "Food Money" i replied I am in trouble here please help me push and i will pay your food money. out of the blues i received a slap from behind and as i turned i saw 4 other boys, one got into my car and started ransacking it. while the others continued to slap me about and ask where i kept my money. all this as people other cars drove by. I even got kicked in the nuts. can u believe that.

I was very fortunate that a policeman drove by on an Okada to halt my suffering. without phone, cash and dignity, i begged him to hang-around a little longer . he called a tow truck which i paid 10k (to take me home) and wrote him a cheque for 5k (for saving my life obviously)

Pray you never have to be in the hands of Agberos ever. I laughed when i heard of the Fashola CCTV. i guess he paid me back for that.

Fashola has no intentions of solving the area boy problem, neither did Tinubu or the present or past OBA of Lagos. they have a dastardly evil purpose and when the time comes, they will be used with deathly efficiency. (Obanikoro Nigerian Ambassador2ghana was an Agbero once)

lol funny as shiot
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by oge4real(f): 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
Removing the Agberos without a proper plan to gainfully employ them is like cutting your nose to spite your face!
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2009
@oge4real
Removing the Agberos without a proper plan to gainfully employ them is like cutting your nose to spite your face!

Come 2011, they'll be gainfully employed alright
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by Fhemmmy: 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

@oge4real
Come 2011, they'll be gainfully employed alright

What is happening in 2011 that is yet to happen in Nigeria, what is so special in Nigeria that will make the agberos to be employed.
Dont forget that these are people that are making money illegally and are so criminally inclined and has no regards for the law, so what kinda job would be given to such people?
How many of them will wanna be a labourer in a factory, or at construction sites?
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by sherrif222: 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2009
Its time for the moderator to start checking some lousy critics in the house,imagine what he is saying.there is no part of nigeria that dosent have agbero or touts if you stay in lagos can ayou attest to the fact that since you were born or even before you were born agbero have dominiated lagos state and you think fashola will just send them packing all of a sudden.
Look the governor is so strategic that he has to takcle more serious issues that goes a long way to affect the life os the common citizen. it is a fact that the touts makes the transport fae to be expensive but you dont start from there to solve the problem of the state like on fellow mentioned that if fashola send the agberos packing then we all should pack our bags and go to our several villages or face a state of mass rubery that will be blodier than the niger delta. i believe the governor has plans on that but he has to take care of some pressing issues that will make a big change in the state.
Re: Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos by Abatakan: 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2009
akigbemaru:

Have you heard of Austin Akala? These Igbo guys made their ways up because they can fight. Bomboy was about 6"7 tall and weighed like 340 pounds. I bet, you ain't gonna see no draw if you fight that 340 pounds' gorilla though!

Who are you Aki? Agberos is a derogatory name given to conductor, U know (know why? conductors are properly employed by the drivers, while agberos are nothing but tout) gosh left home years ago and you do not have a clue of the difference.Agberos has been in existence since ages ago,check the garages when we live in civilised world, know what you are succeeding, in rejecting the country. sod the country, with people like you all the best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking!opposition Party In Gabon Accused Omar Bongo Of Being An Igbo President / PDP Senators Are COWARD / See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.