Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:58 AM

Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! (6881 Views)

APGA Appeal Panel Upholds Disqualification Of Soludo And Five Others In Anambra / Soludo And Akunyili For Anambra 2014 / Iweala,akunyili,prof. Nnaji,ezekwesili,soludo And Aganga-what A Combination! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by Goldmind1(m): 11:44am On Sep 09, 2009
Soludo And His Anambra Gubernatorial Aspiration!

Pls I need someone to help me confirm if Professor Soludo has finally picked the PDP gubernatorial ticket in Anambra state.  Someone just told me he heard it this morning.  Is it true?
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by asha80(m): 11:45am On Sep 09, 2009
When Andy Uba is still there
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by PapaBrowne(m): 11:47am On Sep 09, 2009
That would be lovely, as Anambra would finally have the opportunity to experience superb, superlative, innovative and ambitious governancxe and economic growth.
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by Goldmind1(m): 11:48am On Sep 09, 2009
Among the two people, I think the Prof is 1,000,000 times better than that tout.
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by Goldmind1(m): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2009
If that tout Andy eventually enters there, I vow running against him come 2014.

Atleast if a tout can make it to that place, how much more a gentleman like me? LOL smiley smiley smiley
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by Seun(m): 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2009
It's true.

Anambra 2010:PDP to adopt Soludo
Former Governor of the Central Bank Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo is being touted by the leadership of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] as the consensus candidate for its crisis-wracked Anambra State chapter in governorship elections already scheduled for February, Daily Trust learnt in Awka and Abuja yesterday. The Independent National Electoral Commission [INEC] had announced on Monday that gubernatorial elections will hold in the state on February 6, with current governor Mr. Peter Obi’s tenure set to expire in March.
Source: Daily Trust

Anambra 2010: Soludo, Uba, 34 others for primaries
A former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, a former governorship candidate, Dr. Andy Uba and 34 others have signified interest in the Anambra governorship election billed for February 6, next year.
Source: The Nation
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by stephedith(f): 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2009
Soludo is good though but its NGIGE wink for life
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by MuNeme(m): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2009
Do you have anything against his contesting?
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by banom(m): 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2009
You people should leave my state alone, we will sort out things by our selves,
Soludo is a very good candidate,
But believe me, soludo, Uba or Ngige will not even smell that seat,
You people will be too shocked on what will happen.
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by asha80(m): 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2009
banom:

You people should leave my state alone, we will sort out things by our selves,
Soludo is a very good candidate,
But believe me, soludo, Uba or Ngige will not even smell that seat,
You people will be too shocked on what will happen.

Do you think Obi will be retained?
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by banom(m): 1:19pm On Sep 09, 2009
asha 80:

Do you think Obi will be retained?

Did i mention any thing like that ?
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by Bialegend(m): 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2009
PapaBrowne:

That would be lovely, as Anambra would finally have the opportunity to experience superb, superlative, innovative and ambitious governancxe and economic growth.
And you mean under PDP? Where has that ever happened in any state in nigeria? Are you dreaming or something? It might interest you to know that any PDP governorship down to coucilor ticket is an awarded contract. You can not act nor govern on your own means, rather, you will be remotely controlled from Abuja and be told what to do and what not to do. Watch Soludo become the worst and most hated person in Igboland if ever he wins the governorship election of Anambra state under PDP.
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by GeorgeD1(m): 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2009
why this rumour now?
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by kokoA(m): 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2009
Whatever, that state is a home for touts and Soludo is about to add to that number.
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by hackney(m): 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2009
Here we go again; another round of recycled bloated garbage.
The worst part is that the populace has no say in any outcome.
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by DisGuy: 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2009
Is Soludo indirectly supporting Yaradua? or the other way round

PapaBrowne:

it's one thing to be a good governor another to work with thugs in the state house of assemblies or crookes as LG chairmen
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by adigun101: 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2009
Soludo, Governor of Anambra. They wish ! He is not even a PDP member. He's not a politician period!
He has disclaimed this many times. But it never goes away.
Some poeple just think everyone reasons like them.
Is it now a crime to serve your country?
I have said it before that guy should be invited to clear the air on the banking sector crisis.
Till date no one has invited him.
All you get is newspaper speculation.
I think Nigerians dont understand certain individuals who dont behave like common Nigerians. They think because he vacated CBN and has since not been in the public domain then he must be up to something.
Anambra and their PDP should beam their lights on someone else. I have the feeling that this guy will not get into politics and will never come into the public eye ever again.
He is not your type !
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by obamacain: 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2009
he go come consolidate the local governments abi?
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by Eziachi: 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin
Sound more simple like collecting a bus ticket for your journey.
Nigeria never sieze to disappoint with their evergreen hopes with the same crooked system in place. But our people will never learn that no matter how you painted a house built on sand, come rain, it will collapse.

Even if they field [a perfect person], with the system of govt in Nigeria he will fall on his face.
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2009
Soludo now wants to be governor?? These people don't seize to amaze me in that country!!! Na wa oo!!
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by sjeezy8: 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2009
sounds like the on going aboki and omo nna relationship they've had for YEARS im tellin you both tribes love eachother
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by chidichris(m): 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2009
obj is surely using every possible option to get anambra under his net.
if soludo goes for pdp ticket, we will confirm his loyalty to obj while he was the cbn gov.
why is nigeria loosing good ppl like gani while big time criminals like obj and co continues living?
God pls visit our so called leaders like u did to nebukadinezah.
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by sjeezy8: 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2009
^^^^Obj grin why not Ibb?
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2009
I hope this is a joke.
Cos this will be the beginning of another stealing, what would he wanna do with politics?
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by homegirl1: 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2009
kokoA:

Whatever, that state is a home for touts and Soludo is about to add to that number.

@ poster
You must be out of your senses. Fool. and for you to say that a  State like Anambra that have produced a lot prominent people from this country is the home for touts makes you a complete illiterate of the century. baggar lizard, anu pama, ewu gambia, aturu, enwe ike nzu.
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by Dandas: 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2009
Anambra Politics!!!.The hottest political crisis state in Nigeria.The only state that have produced up to five governors between 1998 till date.I happen to have stayed in this state from 1997 till 2005 and behold,Anambra is not an easy state to govern.A state where you have powerful millionaires that none is ready to surrender or step aside to each other in any political contest.Well for me,I prefer Soludo to other aspirants like Andy Uba.This Uba people are touts that have been messing up Anambra State.His brother,Chris Uba is a professional touts whose only business is how to train political thugs and sharing of Anambra State treasury.I still recall in 2004 at Awka when his thugs were shooting everywhere in Aroma Junction down to Anambra State government house uninterupted.Everywhere bullets.In fact my people Anambra state is not an easy state politically.I have been in almost all the six geopolitical zones in this country,but in all,i rated Anambra State as the hottest political crisis ridden state.You need to be there and confirm my statement.Though it will be better if Soludo can win under another party other than PDP.PDP is a bunch of criminal and corrupt politicians,and they wont allow him to perform well in Anambra State if he win under the PDP,as they will keep on teleguiding his administration by godfathers and Asorock power brokers.
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by jchick(f): 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
home girl:

@ poster
You must be out of your senses. Fool. and for you to say that a State like Anambra that have produced a lot prominent people from this country is the home for touts makes you a complete illiterate of the century. baggar lizard, anu pama, ewu gambia, aturu, enwe ike nzu.

Hey babe, there is no point taking this personal, my dear, Nigerian politics generally is dirty and taking it upon yourself to reproach others on this is just not neccessary. Chill biko
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2009
Bad people in politics are elected by good people who refuse to get involved.
If anybody was looking for proof that the poor leadership we have in this country is a direct wish from the Nigerian, then this is it. I have never heard of the talk that a man should not get involved in politics because politics is made for bad people anywhere else but Nigeria. grin grin grin

I am not from Anambra but very much attached the state for various reasons

I hope the best candidate emerge, if it turns out to be Soludo  . . . . . that will be good news

However anybody but Andy Uba is a hopeful outcome.
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by oneluvb55(f): 4:24pm On Sep 09, 2009
i dont tink it can work 4 him
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by calyx: 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2009
Would Soludo be looking for a political background to launch a  presidency . . .of course when Nigeria is ready to let Igbos have a shot
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by Beaf: 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2009
If Soludo has been denying it, its possible that someone desperately wants to draft him in for their purposes. Conversly, Soludo might be the originator and is bargaining from a position of strength.
Re: Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! by Emperoh(m): 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2009
That would be a serious way to sell Anambrarians a dummy
He has the credibility to stand Obi and Ngige but being in PDP is a liability on its own!!
he should watch it else he soils his reputation!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens / Budget 2017 Gets Boost As Oil Price Hits $58 / These Pictures Of Almajiri Kids In The North Will Break Your Heart - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.