Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru (20094 Views)

Soldiers Carrying Abu Ali On Their Shoulder & Hailing Him (Throwback Photo) / Crowd Hailing Fayose At The Commissioning Of Ikere-Ekiti Township Road / Team Buhari Vs Team Gej. Hailing Hailers Vs Wailing Wailers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by advocatebaba(m): 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
hucienda:
The hailing hailers are the zombies, no?

"Majeed Dahiru is a wailer/yam-eater/ipob/avenger/corrupt/[you can fill in the rest]! angry"
- Zombies
U B ODE, NA HUMAN BIN WRITE LOGICALLY ND REASONABLY BT NA INSULT OCCUPIED UR DEAD BRAIN.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
ivandragon:
Nepotism, tribalism & a faulty geopolitical structure is the bane of Nigeria. even if Buhari is given 50 years with the present structure, he won't achieve much. Nigeria is a parasite feeding exclusively off a robust host, one day, the host will die or develop a defence mechanism that disrupts the parasitic relationship even if it means killing itself (its dying either way, right). as long as the centre controls resources, the resources will be pulled in so many different directions that it ends up not being enough to achieve anything meaningful. Buhari must revisit the structure & build institutions & not make himself the institution. the military had the best chance of making Nigeria better with little resistance but it & the north maintained the status quo for their own selfish interest. OBJ tried, GEJ tried, PMB is trying... however, GEJ was more intelligent to know that you empower people & build institutions. OBJ & PMB see themselves as institutions.

Baffling you refer to GEJ as intelligent. The same man who siphoned hundreds of millions of naira meant for procuring arms for our young soldiers in the battle field to give to Spiritual leaders to pray for The Soldiers protection and for the Soldiers to win the war.

Let us be honest. That is the height of idiocy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by advocatebaba(m): 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
IF REASONABLE PIPU LYK U PLENTY 4NIG ND NL, NIG ND NL WOULD AV BIN A BETA PLACE... TANX 4DAT PIECE OF SENSE.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by happney65: 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Long story. Simple questions. How many pipelines were bombed? Or show me a link to a number of pipeline bombings under OBJ.

Keep on passing the Blame..Go and look for the total number of pipelines that where bombed yourself..Like someone said,Abacha did not complain about IBB,Neither did Abdulsalam complain about Abacha,OBJ came in and meet a greater rot and did not complain..Keep on blaming..Now its the Militants,maybe its my dad you will blame next...Nonesense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
aresssa:

My question is, is it possible to fix 55 years of neglect and decay including 16 years of PDP's looting, stealing, incompetence and lack of preparedness in less than a year with a less than 6 months passed federal budget?

Just answer Yes or No..
To answer your question NO it is not

My question
How does blaming the past government fix the present?
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by BarryDumka: 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nigeria needs to be rearranged if we must continue to be one. If Buhari fail to read the handwriting on the wall, Nigeria would naturally define herself in way that no one can object, cos it's natural.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
happney65:

Keep on passing the Blame..Go and look for the total number of pipelines that where bombed yourself..Like someone said,Abacha did not complain about IBB,Neither did Abdulsalam complain about Abacha,OBJ came in and meet a greater rot and did not complain..Keep on blaming..Now its the Militants,maybe its my dad you will blame next...Nonesense

You can see, you had to go violent to the point of calling me Nonsense. That shows my point. A lot of people just jump in and follow the bad wagon with out weighing the true problem.

When people say Obasanjo met worse, I would like them to tell us at what level.

When we talk of low price of Crude, OBJ met worse but during OBJ's tenure, Crude Prices shot up and he was able to cushion the economic hardship we faced.

There was a similar rate of inflation of goods and services under OBJ. Things were hard. I remember Al Mustapha explaining how bad things were using a bowl of garri price in the market.

Things were hard for OBJ and he did not fix it in a year or two. His tenure was salvaged by the rise in Crude Oil.

This current administration is facing equivalent but the inflow is even worse because, despite the drop in Crude Oil price, the consistent attack on Crude Oil facilities have not given the administration a chance to fix things.

It is terrible when people want to criticise without painting the whole picture.

GEJ wrecked the country. We can not explain why things are like this without explaining how we came to this point. Expecting GEJ out of the story is a joke. We are talking of a government that looted funds recovered from Abacha.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by forray(m): 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
aresssa:

Your mathematical calculation sounds goofy, absurd and irrelevant..

Why not just clearly articulate the plans you are expecting and to every reasonable human being, plans need time to manifest into results.

State clearly what plans they should have put in place and how they should go about mkaing it happen.

My calculations sounds goofy?... LMAO... Despite how easy I made it. Tells much about you. My calculations if u can work it out wld simply tell u that the talk of this country is broke is rubbish.

Before we talk about plan, why not talk about the right steps. Nothing this government has done is pointing in the right direction.

Go tru this thread, it will tell you how serious of a person Buhari is regarding ruling this country

https://www.nairaland.com/3211499/buharis-appointments-anti-north---junaid-ibrahit

A person who is ready to genuinely move Nigeria forward can not be this nepotistic.

Regarding plans I believe the president has his manifestos and I also believe shld have plans to implement his manifestos. In 8months time or so, he will be two years in office. And we will keep blaming the past.

Invest on power.... Give ur constant light and see businesses grow.

Improve our agriculture, if he has gotten to work immediately instead of blaming the past and he is really serious about diversifying our economy.... I believe major agricultural products wld been ready for importation and consumption. Instead he is pumping more into exploration of oil in the north. Seriously.

See mehn, everything about this administration is just so wrong. Good luck Jonathan was never a choice, but buhari is even worst off.

We keep hearing millions recovered from loots but the country is still broke. Nothing is working and its all due to this administration clueless ness.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by happney65: 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You can see, you had to go violent to the point of calling me Nonsense. That shows my point. A lot of people just jump in and follow the bad wagon with out weighing the true problem.

When we talk of low price of Crude, OBJ met worse but during OBJ's tenure, Crude Prices shot up and he was able to cushion the economic hardship we faced.

There was a similar rate of inflation of goods and services under OBJ. Things were hard. I remember Al Mustapha explaining how bad things were using a bowl of garri price in the market.

Things were hard for OBJ and he did not fix it in a year or two. His tenure was salvaged by the rise in Crude Oil.

This current administration is facing equivalent but the inflow is even worse because, despite the drop in Crude Oil price, the consistent attack on Crude Oil facilities have not given the administration a chance to fix things.

It is terrible when people want to criticise without painting the whole picture.

GEJ wrecked the country. We can not explain why things are like this without explaining how we came to this point. Expecting GEJ out of the story is a joke. We are talking of a government that looted funds recovered from Abacha.

Oya tell me,How much was the price of Oil during OBJ'S Terms till he left?Answer please
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by edoyad(m): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Please explain to us how GEJ wrecked this country ? A country where he left over 30 billion dollars of Foreign reserve, money in the ECA , dollar rate of 180 naira and pumping crude at almost levels not reached in decades. I laugh when I read some of your comments, but like the writer of the article said, people are beginning to see through the smoke and mirrors of the propagandists.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
Babzilla:

To answer your question NO it is not

My question
How does blaming the past government fix the present?

You guys make it look like if the government explaining why we are finding it difficult scaling out of the rot means that is their solution. Even you know is not true.

Is there any place you read a current official say blaming the past government will fix the system? So why make such a statement.

This is one year away from the captivity of freedom of corruption which melted the system. There is no way you can explain why things are bad without pointing out the decay were facing.

Power = GEJ pushing most of our Power establishments to his corrupt goons. Do you expect us to easily fix power after such rot.

Low Foreign Reserves = GEJ and his cohorts siphoned our reserves openly. Can we fix the system in one year after this? No. Can Kemi Adeosun explain the challenges without pointing out the challenges.

The fact is the supporters of the Corrupt regime are tired of hearing the evil and reckless government the supported. So hearing it is like a loud noise to their ears.

As long as we are navigating out of the incessant corruption of GEJ and hi cohorts, an explanation of the harm they caused must come up.

No one says it is a solution. From power to the Oil Sector, we have to deal with the rot.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by aresssa: 4:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
afla:

Since you insist that all the suffering we are presently going through are consequences of 16 years of PDP-

When will we start feeling the consequences of the looting and stealing that is STILL going on?
When will we start feeling the consequences of the upandan economic policy of this administration?

Why not articulate clearly the looting and stealing that is still going on including who is looting, from where and how much instead of the lame comment.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
edoyad:

Please explain to us how GEJ wrecked this country ? A country where he left over 30 billion dollars of Foreign reserve, money in the ECA , dollar rate of 180 naira and pumping crude at almost levels not reached in decades. I laugh when I read some of your comments, but like the writer of the article said, people are beginning to see through the smoke and mirrors of the propagandists.

So if a Company you own is given to someone,if your company is suppose to earn 150 million dollars and the manager wastes and siphons over 120 million dollars, you believe that company is not wrecked.

Look at the PENGASSON challenge for instance, talking of Unpaid Bills running to Seven Billions dollars which should be tackled when the Oil boom reigned. If we pay that money, is that not Twenty three left.

There is no need beating around the fact. It is established GEJ wrecked the country. Even the OP some of you hailed does not dispute that.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by vigasimple(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
Reyginus:
That's the simple and logical truth. But the article only makes sense to simple and logical people. The majority of Nigerians exhibit a complex level of stupidity. This is not an insult.

To some persons, this country began to exist sixteen years ago. The more complex(in stupidity) take it down to 6 years forgetting that the targeted clueless one only reigned for 5 years. Propaganda is an Art of War. A very powerful one because the Animal(victim) thinks he's in control.

These are the products of a dysfunctional system of Education. A country where Education and Educating is viewed on the Ability to Pass Exams and people rewarded by this Ability and not what they do with it afterwards.

It's education. If you can educate people to your taste they can easily work with you. This is the internet. If people cannot make use of their brains I wonder why it's also difficult to research using the internet. I take it back. That's a paradox.

Like Reno Omokri posited, the best way to shut up a habitual complainant is to ask him for solutions The current man is not willing to answer that yet.

GBAM. Thank you. May the Lord increase your understanding and wisdom.

Nigerians are comedian, that is why they are being led by a comedian and stark economic illiterate.

The world is laughing at us that in 2015, Buhari is the candidate 'elected' to lead 170 millions people with at least 1 million sound mind.

Our major problem is not corruption BUT Mental laziness especially by our youth.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by omolola15(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Tell us how many pipelines were blown by Saboteurs during Obj's reign.

Don't mind that olodo. He'll never learn.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by adconline(m): 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
aresssa:

Who are they and why are they rogues and if they were rogues, why didn't GEJ arrest, prosecute and put them in jail before joining the APC?

Some of you just sound and formulate logic like 2 year old children..
I can stand any opposing logical view, but I cant stand being willfully ignorant. Amaechi, Audu Ogbe, Chris Ngige... etal. What a display of selective amnesia! You are accusing someone stealing and keeping company of thieves and then u end selecting all my " thieving" buddies as your friends

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
edoyad:

[size=14pt]
Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers[/size]

[b]Making this revelation was Baba-Kusa himself, in a statement of witness filed in the high court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), where he, Dasuki and three others(Acacia Holdings Limited and Reliance Referral Hospital Limited (owned by Baba-Kusa) and a former director of finance in ONSA, Shuaibu Salisu) are facing trials.

The NNPC director confessed that the money was spent on prayers to hasten the defeat of the insurgents, and that it was released in two tranches of N1,450,000,000 and N750,000,000, adding that the proposal was verbal.

“I approached the former NSA and discussed Boko Haram problems and I suggested there is need for prayers and he considered and accepted in 2013 when he first came to office.
“I personally sponsored many people locally and some few to Saudi Arabia. Some monies were later paid into our companies, which we paid to some of the mallams.

“I then arranged to recover my personal expense which I put into our own businesses.
“We have been spending a lot from our businesses and personal accounts. Money paid through UBA, First Bank and ECOBANK. For Acacia Holdings Limited(A/C 1017330319-UBA); ECOBANK(0122012650); and First Bank(Reliance Referral Hospitals Limited A/C 2022394057). The total amount is N2,200,000,000 from October 2014 to April 2015,” Baba-Kusa confessed.

According to him, he may not be an expert,
“but I used some of the mallams to organise in Abuja, Zaria, Kano, Sokoto, Maiduguri, Kaduna and Saudi Arabia covering 2013 to 2015.

“I give them funds as required from time to time, ranging from N500,000 to N30million, depending on their needs, traveling, sadaqat and others for local expenses and travels to Saudi Arabia for Umrah and Hajj.[/b]

https://www.naij.com/760177-revealed-ex-president-jonathan-spent-n2-2bn-prayers-fight-boko-haram.html
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Sasuwa(f): 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
Why we have zombies is because we have wailers, we want nigerians to be constructive critics
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
hucienda:
The hailing hailers are the zombies, no?

"Majeed Dahiru is a wailer/yam-eater/ipob/avenger/corrupt/[you can fill in the rest]! angry"
- Zombies
Look at what this one is typing. Dont you have a brain at all?
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
edoyad:

[size=14]Soludo grades Jonathan “F” on economy; says his administration the worst ever[/size]

“My advice to President Jonathan and his handlers is to stop wasting their time trying to campaign on his job record. Those who have decided to vote for him will not do so because he has taken Nigeria to the moon. His record on the economy is a clear ‘F’ grade,” Mr. Soludo said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175663-soludo-grades-jonathan-f-economy-says-administration-worst-ever.html

Note, Worst Ever.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by bezimo(m): 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
aresssa:
I don't see where the President referenced anything about the worthless, disgraced, corrupt and incompetent PDP lately. The writer said the president gives an impression that the PDP achieved absolutely nothing in their 16-year rule and In fact, he sometimes infers that PDP destroyed Nigeria and he cannot perform a miracle in one year to rebuild the country, I just wonder why the same writer failed to articulate exactly what the PDP achieved in 16 years.

1. Is it stable electricity after stealing $20 billion power funds that left us in darkness?

2. Is it the wonderful roads, bridges, quality schools, good hospitals and so on they left behind?

3. Is it the wonderful refineries they destroyed and when they even refused to build new ones to prevent fuel scarcity?

4. Is it how they refused to invest the largest stream of revenue in the history of Nigeria to ease the eventual pains of low fuel prices that was bound to manifest eventually like we are experiencing today?

5. Is it using our money to or how they turned our public institutions like the NNPC into election financiers?

6. Is it how they looted and shared our money, bought mansions jets, cars and so on.

7. Are not even waking up daily to sad news about how they looted this and that?

The writer would love for us to forget that the PDP did not rule for 16 years and the horrible mess they left behind should not be part of our memory of history and we are in this situation by accident.

Unfortunately for the goofy writer, we know exactly how we got here and we won't forget or stop letting Nigerians know the evil mess they left behind.

What a waste of time and internet bandwidth..

You are obviously one of the hailing hailers as described by the Author of the Ops article who have bought into the APC propaganda having sent your brain to sleep and APC ineffective rhetorics of PDP govt did so so and so and that is why we cant perform.

What a lame excuse and its already becoming very stale.

Is it not a paradox and contradiction that the alledge looting PDP govt positioned Nigeria economy to be no 1 in Africa while the deceiving APC lying govt introduced Nigerian economy into recession inspite of the recovery of alledge loot of the PDP politicians.

The APC govt have introduced untold hardship on Nigerians that they didnt experience under the PDP govt and you are here advertising your dumbness.

Is it not a fact that a significant part of APC leadership were former PDP looters who were part of the 16 years PDP rule.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
edoyad:

No matter how we dance around this issue, this administration is facing an uphill battle. OBJ met bad times but he also met good fortunes with the rise of Crude Oil price to salvage our nation.

We pray President Buhari and hi teams meet such good fortune. If they do not, we pray for God's guidance to give them the wisdom to scale out of this situation.

However, the Saboteurs should know that sabotaging this government because of their myopic bigotry and corrupt sentiments is making a grave future for the country and their children will also face the hardship.

If this government wins, we win.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Idrhas(m): 5:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
Vote FALCONEY 4 MR NAIRALAND!!!
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by edoyad(m): 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

No matter how we dance around this issue, this administration is facing an uphill battle. OBJ met bad times but he also met good fortunes with the rise of Crude Oil price to salvage our nation.
We pray President Buhari and hi teams meet such good fortune. If they do not, we pray for God's guidance to give them the wisdom to scale out of this situation.
However, the Saboteurs should know that sabotaging this government because of their myopic bigotry and corrupt sentiments is making a grave future for the country and their children will also face the hardship.
If this government wins, we win.

That is the whole point. If this government wins , we win , it doesn't matter what Jonathan or Abiola did. But instead of us hearing news about ongoing developments and plans to ease suffering, we keep hearing about their vindictive Agenda while we languish in pain.
People are tired man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You guys make it look like if the government explaining why we are finding it difficult scaling out of the rot means that is their solution. Even you know is not true.

Is there any place you read a current official say blaming the past government will fix the system? So why make such a statement.

This is one year away from the captivity of freedom of corruption which melted the system. There is no way you can explain why things are bad without pointing out the decay were facing.

Power = GEJ pushing most of our Power establishments to his corrupt goons. Do you expect us to easily fix power after such rot.

Low Foreign Reserves = GEJ and his cohorts siphoned our reserves openly. Can we fix the system in one year after this? No. Can Kemi Adeosun explain the challenges without pointing out the challenges.

The fact is the supporters of the Corrupt regime are tired of hearing the evil and reckless government the supported. So hearing it is like a loud noise to their ears.

As long as we are navigating out of the incessant corruption of GEJ and hi cohorts, an explanation of the harm they caused must come up.

No one says it is a solution. From power to the Oil Sector, we have to deal with the rot.

1. you call it explanation I call it excuses. Lets call it explanations. I dont think people voted him to explain the situation.. we understand it very well thank you and its because we understand the situation clearly GEJ was booted out now we have another government coming in to give us more explanations. My question ito you, sir is whem do we graduate from explanations and theories to actual work?
2. The general feel I get from your write up is one of someone who accepts that nothing can be done about the current state of affairs because GEJ was in power XYZ no of years.
3. Dont get me wrong 1 year is to short to turn things around. Buhari should have known that and taken it easy with the bogus promises.
Overall if he fails ( which IMO he most likely will (but thats another gist we can engage in)) Im sure he will still continue calling out GEJ.

PS I see the gentleman I as the question ahsnt even replied me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
edoyad:

That is t

That is the whole point. If this government wins , we win , it doesn't matter what Jonathan or Abiola did. But instead of us hearing news about ongoing developments and plans to ease suffering, we keep hearing about their vindictive Agenda while we languish in pain.
People are tired man

We can not escape it coming up. Just as when the Petrol scarcity hit recently, the Marketers said it was due to unpaid bills from the last administration.

When a journalist asked Ibe Kachikwu why there was Petrol scarcity, there is no way he can escape mentioning the cause and the last administration. If there is an EFCC arrest based on corruption of the last adminostration, we can not stop the media from covering it.

It will continue reoccurring. If President Buhari travels and he is asked, he must mention it.

It does not mean these guys are not working.

If not the current challenges, I must say, this administration has been brilliant so far. We are seeing massive blockages going on. If a windfall like the past takes place now, due to the blockages, things would fly.

Ibe Kachikwu has been one of the brightest leaders to work with this government. His creativity is beyond my comprehension.

Look at how he is tackling the PENGASSON problem to raise the unpaid money without touching our reserves. His battle with the refineries, how he tackled the Forex issues with importers.

Kemi Adeosun is fighting corrupt loopholes and it got to a point people with corrupt mindset protested her for blocking an annual leakage running to Billions of naira. Her fight against ghost workers in different sectors.

Roads are being constructed. The rails constructions will soon kick off.

We need to give the administration time and I believe our suffering will reduce.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by amazingspiderma: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Unfortunately we'd keep hearing it. That's the Plan. You know, if you don't keep people busy they'd find time for something else. That's the method.

But there's a limit to what a brainwashed man will do. Like TuPac said, one day the poor will have nothing to eat and they will eat the rich people.

Someday, like we are already having, when these blind supporters crave for something more than the usual mental food they'd break off these shackles.

What's needed right now is a spark. The people are angry and hungry. Just some more deceit and wickedness their stupidity shall be healed.
Epic summary,one of the best response I have read on this forum.
Bros you are a gifted communicator.
1000 likes

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Earth2Metahuman: 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
tiwiex:

Is PMB depending on oyel money? He doesn't seem to act so. He has no other magic?
then come back after 4years and talk.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
Babzilla:

1. you call it explanation I call it excuses. Lets call it explanations. I dont think people voted him to explain the situation.. we understand it very well thank you and its because we understand the situation clearly GEJ was booted out now we have another government coming in to give us more explanations. My question ito you, sir is whem do we graduate from explanations and theories to actual work?
2. The general feel I get from your write up is one of someone who accepts that nothing can be done about the current state of affairs because GEJ was in power XYZ no of years.
3. Dont get me wrong 1 year is to short to turn things around. Buhari should have known that and taken it easy with the bogus promises.
Overall if he fails ( which IMO he most likely will (but thats another gist we can engage in)) Im sure he will still continue calling out GEJ.

PS I see the gentleman I as the question ahsnt even replied me

Just as we are different, our perspective of life and matters are different.

Before this government came in, I wrote an article asking what was the biggest Challenge we faced as a country.

Even though the response was few, most said corruption.

As much as much as people feel this government is not doing much, they are actually achieving a lot. We are now seeing a padded budget that would have gone through the senate unopposed going through ridicule and screening. We saw people leave offices and the budget reviewed.

Just as we are seeing loans that would cause workers their jobs and people their hard earned money, we are seeing those people pursued.

We are seeing a battle against corruption. Even though some call it one sided, I feel any battle against corruption is a battle in the right direction.

As long as the corruption war continues, I will continue believing this government is winning. If corruption reduce, a lot of things we are complaining about will get better.

Things are this bad because of the corruption we came out from and if (which I believe will) it continues and intensifies, I see this government winning and going down as one of the best.

I do not see this government failing. I believe criticism keeps the government on their toes, so it is welcomed.

I just want judgment after the government finishes its term.

If we judged OBJ from his first year, he would have been a disaster. With time, he turned out an okay leader.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Obiochajumbo123: 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
The Nigerian problem is such a big one. Our elites are infinitely selfish and their followers infinitely daft. Wailers and hailers... Our titles say it all.
In my humble opinion, we needed change yet, I see none. If we argue that PDP is the cause of all our woes, then, it would be hypocritical to present APC as the solution when majority of the principal members were once top PDP members. The past administrations have been woeful but this hasn't done any better so far. So, we still need change .
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Just as we are different, our perspective of life and matters are different.

Before this government came in, I wrote an article asking what was the biggest Challenge we faced as a country.

Even though the response was few, most said corruption.

As much as much as people feel this government is not doing much, they are actually achieving a lot. We are now seeing a padded budget that would have gone through the senate unopposed going through ridicule and screening. We saw people leave offices and the budget reviewed.

Just as we are seeing loans that would cause workers their jobs and people their hard earned money, we are seeing those people pursued.

We are seeing a battle against corruption. Even though some call it one sided, I feel any battle against corruption is a battle in the right direction.

As long as the corruption war continues, I will continue believing this government is winning. If corruption reduce, a lot of things we are complaining about will get better.

Things are this bad because of the corruption we came out from and if (which I believe will) it continues and intensifies, I see this government winning and going down as one of the best.

I do not see this government failing. I believe criticism keeps the government on their toes, so it is welcomed.

I just want judgment after the government finishes its term.

If we judged OBJ from his first year, he would have been a disaster. With time, he turned out an okay leader.

Oh yes we see things differently. What you term as progress to me is just his regular job which has not impacted people yet. In fact some of the major moves he has taken were moves proposed by the previous government.. which he is criticizing
Now if you ask me Id say the problem of the country is our orientation. Our orientation led to the corruption....and until that mindset of getting rich at all costs changes Buhari is on a long thing. He was afterall funded into power by men with questionable sources of wealth.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by wo1F(m): 5:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
Reyginus:
That's the simple and logical truth. But the article only makes sense to simple and logical people. The majority of Nigerians exhibit a complex level of stupidity. This is not an insult.

To some persons, this country began to exist sixteen years ago. The more complex(in stupidity) take it down to 6 years forgetting that the targeted clueless one only reigned for 5 years. Propaganda is an Art of War. A very powerful one because the Animal(victim) thinks he's in control.

These are the products of a dysfunctional system of Education. A country where Education and Educating is viewed on the Ability to Pass Exams and people rewarded by this Ability and not what they do with it afterwards.

It's education. If you can educate people to your taste they can easily work with you. This is the internet. If people cannot make use of their brains I wonder why it's also difficult to research using the internet. I take it back. That's a paradox.

Like Reno Omokri posited, the best way to shut up a habitual complainant is to ask him for solutions The current man is not willing to answer that yet.

I know a scholar when I see one.
Excellent submission man.
God bless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

S’west Forum Wants Senate Presidency Zoned To S’south / Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State / Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.