Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,986 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries (35223 Views)

Abolaji Ajimobi And Fatima Ganduje Wedding In Kano. 11 Governors Attend / Ahaoma Kanu Petitions ICC Over Nigerian Army Invasion Of Southeast (Updated) / 11 Governors Storm Ekiti For Fayose's Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by darelar(m): 11:34am On Jul 08, 2016
Kelechi2020:
Really how come bayelsa is owing salaries, even after local derivations from oil companies///

SERAP has been compromised

Bayelsa is owing NDU staff 7 months salary and he's just paying 1 month presently and the school have shot down for months now. The governor is owing the state civil servant 6 and half months as some have not collect December salary till date. He just paid half salary last month. Then some LG is being owe more than a year, while Ogbia LGA is about 14 to 15th months. So nothing like compromised there.
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by obaino860: 11:40am On Jul 08, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by omokab: 11:42am On Jul 08, 2016
EasternActivist:
And you tell me that Igbos doesn't love themselves...

What a feat for SE... smiley
what of abia and imo state? Ebonyi suppose to be the number one dragging to iicc because their Governor have reduced the state and local government salary more than necessary. But instead of them to complain or reject the token he's paying them,they are satisfy with hardship. A level 10 is receiving 38k while level 12 is 40s. The former Governor started minimum wages for them but the new Governor stopped it immediately he became the Governor. Is this love or what?
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by eyeview: 11:42am On Jul 08, 2016
I am very disappointed and heart broken to see Rivers and Bayelsa on that list. Very disappointed.

As for Kogi,that governor has become an embodiment of colossal disappointment. I had thought that his administration would have become an example for the younger generation to follow

1 Like

Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by Chukazu: 11:45am On Jul 08, 2016
and who removed Abia from the list.. the governor has been busy borrowing money and piling up debt and yet refuses to pay
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by obaino860: 11:49am On Jul 08, 2016
ubecharles:
Why is Imo state excluded undecided undecided Yeye 419 governor

sorry....he just cleared all his debt last week....sorry
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by obaino860: 11:56am On Jul 08, 2016
logica:

Can you see any Igbo names here?

SERAP’s Advisory Boards: National Advisory Board members are: Mr. Femi Falana, President West African Bar Association; Mr. Tayo Oyetibo, SAN; Professor Oluwole Smith, Dean Faculty of Law Lagos State University; and Mrs. Ayo Atsenuwa, Professor of Law University of Lagos. International Advisory Board members are: Professor Dinah Shelton, George Washington University, USA; Professor Donald Kommers University of Notre Dame, USA; Professor Vincent Nmehielle, Wits University South Africa; and Hon. Sanji Mmasenono MONAGENG, Judge, International Criminal Court, The Hague.

This is NOT a d1ck measuring contest. The people behind SERAP are only fighting for those they care about. It does NOT mean other states (such as in the South East) are not owing.

must you be so stupid to deceive yourself.....
DAT is how,you people have been deceiving other regions with your false propagandas.......
you people are pure disgrace to d nation.....
For your information, no SE state is owing salaries, Rocha's just cleared his debt last week,you can used your google search......
Is river,Benue and co southwest....mumu...

3 Likes

Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by SIREWAP(m): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2016
Rochas suppose dy there@ Imo
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by Chukazu: 11:59am On Jul 08, 2016
afla:
Where do they want the governors to get money from? Allow fiscal federalism, they say no! Allow them fix their wages, they say no! Where will the money come from? ICC will tell serap the truth which is- the states can just not afford to pay-:the only option before them is to sack workers. States can't continue to use their whole a location to pay salaries. For those of you shouting igr, you mean non civil servants should be taxed to pay salaries of civil servants? Does that sound right? What work do civil servants really do apart from making sure they destroy all well intended policies.

true but don't forget there's waste and corruption on the governors and government part.
let them start by reducing their unprofitable retinue of aids, commissioners and special advisers,not to mention the inglorious "security vote "
the problem is that the innocent worker is always the first to bear the brunt, we just saw on another thread, were a governor is presenting SUV s to his state lawmakers

1 Like

Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by Odunharry(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
FanYogo1:

For the love of anything good, Buhari please merge Ekiti with Ondo state. If you do that....... I will campaign for you in 2018.

Buhari till 2023.
Why do you say so??
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by pamcode(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
iyobosadavid:
Wike is a coward for owing salaries, after borrowing 90billion naira in less than 12monthhs combine with the federal allocations and IGR with no major project to show for it in the state. Healthcare system that was put in place by the previous administrator has gone bad, the world class schools built by the previous is now Dilapidated....Rivers State is now a mess and all he knws is to construct a cheap tiny road and a shallow open drainage system..WHAT A SHAME!! Wike!!!....WHAT A SHAME
I don't understand you bro let me concede the health care part since Funds would be needed to pay workers and buy drugs etc. But how come the so called world class schools have become dilapidated under how many years after all it not even up to three years since Amaechi left govt or where those structures sub-standard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by tauraro22: 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
Rochas, governor of Imo state's name no dey the list. As such, the list is incomplete.
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by iyobosadavid: 12:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
pamcode:
I don't understand you bro let me concede the health care part since Funds would be needed to pay workers and buy drugs etc. But how come the so called world class schools have become dilapidated under how many years after all it not even up to three years since Amaechi left govt or where those structures sub-standard.
My dear whether standard or sub standard continuous maintenance matters a lot. the previous administration after building the school employed some set of workers that are tied to maintaining the various facilities inside the building and and the school premises. But after the previous left, they where all relief of there job, the premises is overrun with weeds I even fear for snakes for the children, the grass on the football is more than 4ft tall, the sport facilities like the volley ball court, basket ball pitch etc has all gone bad. My dear if you are in Rivers State and you just take a stroll pass the school you will see what am talking about.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by MXrep: 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
These SW parasites are deep financial me.ss. Always consoling themselves with nomansland
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by luluosas(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
The state governments that have failed and/or refused to pay workers’ salaries include: Bayelsa, Benue, Bauchi, Osun, Rivers, Oyo, Ekiti, Kwara, Kogi, Ondo, and Plateau States.”
I thought Imo was owing previously. Has Okorocha paid up? No single State indicted in the South East? Good one for them and their people. My region counts 2 states (Rivers and Bayelsa) and these are MAJOR OIL PRODUCING states, unlike my State, Edo, which is also missing from the list.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by Barbie2016(m): 12:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
All the southwastes states are fully represented with the exception of "no mans land"
I thought our sophisticated neighbors always come on nairaland to rant on how they are more economically viable than every other region..
Now jungle don mature..

Check well.......can't find ogun st. there bro...
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
iyobosadavid:
Wike is a coward for owing salaries, after borrowing 90billion naira in less than 12monthhs combine with the federal allocations and IGR with no major project to show for it in the state. Healthcare system that was put in place by the previous administrator has gone bad, the world class schools built by the previous is now Dilapidated....Rivers State is now a mess and all he knws is to construct a cheap tiny road and a shallow open drainage system..WHAT A SHAME!! Wike!!!....WHAT A SHAME
It is a great shame...

2 Likes

Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by princedare(m): 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
Barbie2016:
All the southwastes states are fully represented with the exception of "no mans land"
I thought our sophisticated neighbors always come on nairaland to rant on how they are more economically viable than every other region..
Now jungle don mature..

Check well.......can't find ogun st. there bro...
Don't mind dat fool! Kiss my ass haters
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by mikkypel(m): 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
Yoruba governors been disgracing their States before Nigeria even called and Obeyed
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by owanedo: 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ebayray:
angry Edo state needs to be there. Oshiomhole Is owing workers 17 months salary.
my dear, go and check your fact very well. no civil servants or teacher in edo state that is being owned. only about three of four local govt that have salaries issues, like egor, owan west and I think oredo. for owan west the former elected LG chairman put local govt into such a mess. he mismanaged the workers salaries one of the reasons he suspended and later removed. same thing with oredo, the reason for the crisis in the LG at a time.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by aloziedaya(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
What of Imo state.

Rochas never pay for 5 months now.
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by MXrep: 1:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
logica:

SERAP’s Advisory Boards: National Advisory Board members are: Mr. Femi Falana, President West African Bar Association; Mr. Tayo Oyetibo, SAN; Professor Oluwole Smith, Dean Faculty of Law Lagos State University; and Mrs. Ayo Atsenuwa, Professor of Law University of Lagos. International Advisory Board members are: Professor Dinah Shelton, George Washington University, USA; Professor Donald Kommers University of Notre Dame, USA; Professor Vincent Nmehielle, Wits University South Africa; and Hon. Sanji Mmasenono MONAGENG, Judge, International Criminal Court, The Hague.

This is NOT a d1ck measuring contest. The people behind SERAP are only fighting for those they care about. It does NOT mean other states (such as in the South East) are not owing.
Hahaha yorubas sef. Wetin we no go hear from una.
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by wiseoneking: 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
Tolexander:
this group is more of comedy than advocacy.

You better tell your governor to pay off than this jargon of criticism to this group.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by wiseoneking: 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
otokx:
Most States government are owing 1 way or the other.
ejoo, is like you are from SW by your opinion. Anambra and Lagos as well as a few other states are not owing. Moreover, Anambra state isWarming up to increase her workers salary again.
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by Arsewipemod: 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
afla:
Where do they want the governors to get money from? Allow fiscal federalism, they say no! Allow them fix their wages, they say no! Where will the money come from? ICC will tell serap the truth which is- the states can just not afford to pay-:the only option before them is to sack workers. States can't continue to use their whole a location to pay salaries. For those of you shouting igr, you mean non civil servants should be taxed to pay salaries of civil servants? Does that sound right? What work do civil servants really do apart from making sure they destroy all well intended policies.
Remember all civil servants and public workers pay tax too. There is nothing wrong in using igr. Is it not even better than leaving the monies for the govenors to pilfer?
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by LordofNaija: 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nigeria is completely doomed. I'm off to Niger.
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by vickodedon(m): 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
Make una come carry lie lie Bello sharply.
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by Shirbrown(f): 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2016
logica:

Liar.
Serap also cares about bayelsa, rivers, kogi and the northern states there?
Lwkmd.
SE states dont owe, the 2 that do don't owe as is in South west biko.
Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
afla:

Allocations? What are they doing with it?

1 Like

Re: SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
HomeOfMe:
Some of the states that cannot stand alone should go back to were formerly. Bayelsa should go back to rivers,ondo and ekiti should merge Enugu should reunite with Anambra,and the states in the north that are much better as local govts..
Enugu is not owing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Nigeria’s Fuel Price Cheapest In The World Like Eniola Badmus Said? / Yunusa Tanko: How Osinbajo’s Tact, Capacity To Lead Nigeria Angered The Cabal / I Begged Mrs Shettima For ₦‎2 Million - Remi Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.