Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:42 PM

Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 (28006 Views)

Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed / Subsidy: Muslims Call On Labour To Dialogue Not Occupy Nigeria / Pro-Saraki Group Clashes With Occupy NASS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Genea(f): 10:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
byrron:

I figured this out some years ago!
its so sickening to imagine that the oppressed are the ones celebrating their oppressors, seems majority of the citizenry has gone MAD.
that's because they haven't been enlightened besides a rule in d 48 laws of power demonstrates this feedback
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
MORNDEW!
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by TheEclectic: 10:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
OCCUPY FIRE!
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
MORNDEW:
THE OCCUPY NIGERIA 2016, ON NAIRALAND; POLITICAL INTEREST OR SECESSION MOVEMENT?

In life, we must ask ourselves questions in whatever we plan to venture in or what we have ventured in already. On the 8th of July, 20016, I stumbled on a thread on Nairaland pricking on the conscience of Nigerian Youths to rise up against the injustice and mismanagement of Politicians and the elites. I dropped my comments on that thread and offered to even die for the course provided it's genuine.

I am no longer part of this. Like Pontius Pilate, I wash my hands of this occupy Nigeria.

Princewill Chimereze
MORNDEW
This movement is coming at a time when the Nigerian Youths have been completely cut off from governance and when they are undergoing so much suffering and neglect from the Government. During this period, unemployment, poor healthcare, insecurity and other negatives are experienced constantly in every nook and cranny of the nation, irrespective of age,tribe and religion. At such a trying period, a noble cause like ours is much needed to give a voice to the Nigerian Youths and correct several ills in the society.

From the foregoing, when Johnrake69 opened this thread about two weeks ago; a number of Nigerian Youths including Pacino, Johnrake69, my humble self (Deji) and 7 others formed a BBM group for us to chart the course to move our nation forward. We had several introductory interactive sessions, during which we rubbed minds on ways we believe could assist us in achieving our purpose.

During several of those sessions, the pioneer members exchanged several intelligent remarks. But a member stood out from the pack; that was Pacino. His strong leadership qualities were clear for all to see. He made a number of noteworthy suggestions on the initiative which have formed the core of the Nigerian Youths.

Let me shed light on some of his initial contributions:
1. Pacino laid out a well-defined structure for the movement that enables each member to know the tasks he/she is best suited for. Ab initio, this gave us a clear sense of direction.
2. He made a personal monetary contribution at more than one occasion for the development of our website www.nigerianyouths.org and the Facebook page, https://m.facebook.com/voiceoftheyouths/
3. After these personal donations from him, he suggested we took the bull by the horns and register our details for proper documentation.
4. And to prevent this group from being tagged as a ragtag militia that could mature to a movement like the NDA, he suggested we registered it in the Ministry of Youths and Sports. This suggestion was quite commendable that none of us objected.

However, after our session on last week Saturday, July 16th, 2016; Pacino, in usual nature, summarized the activities we had for that day. In the process, he highlighted some plans he has been nurturing for the Nigerian Youths.
The plans were quite utilitarian, but one of them caused an argument among us. And that was to "initiate summits, trainings and exhibitions within the youthful populace aimed at equipping individuals with relevant skills and expertise to function effectively in this century."

This objective took us most us by surprise because we felt this cause was turning into a political movement. This wasn't what we wanted. So I, alongside some other members, objected. But when we examined this plan with all other objectives of the movement, we realized they all complement each other (go to www.nigerianyouths.org for more info).

We had already scheduled the election of our leader that same day during the night session. In order not to delay the cause, we went ahead with the election. Strictly speaking, the election was a only a formality because we already knew who the leader was. Pacino won the election with a good result.

Prior to the election, as a security precaution I (Deji) made some findings about the members of the movement I am to work. Naturally, I started with the influential member Pacino, and extended this background check to Johnrake69 who opened the thread, as well as few other members.

During this exercise, I found out a challenging problem for this cause and I am sure other members would have thought of it too.

The problem: How do we make a united stand to demand good governance from our government? How will IPOB advocates cooperate with non-IPOB advocates to focus on a common overarching utilitarian goal which is to better our lives while working together as one?

This problem became a pressing one when I discovered there are a number of IPOB advocates in our midst. One of them is Pacino, our newly-elected leader; these people believe the current structure of government is lopsided and unfair. And the million dollar question is who doesn't? Unless we don't want to call a spade a spade, this nature of structuring of the Federal Government doesn't favor the masses. It only makes the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Owing to this fact, I made my findings known to the house on the convictions of the IPOB advocates in our midst; our leader inclusive. During our discussion then, we resolved to casting aside temporarily any tribal and religious differences. Pacino, our leader reached this agreement with us together some other IPOB advocates

We realized there was no other way for our dear nation to be on a sure path to greatness than for us to UNITE as one because
1. Youthful unemployment, poverty, insecurity, inadequate healthcare, bad roads inter alia are common indices in the lives of every Nigerian Youths whether Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa, etc. Also these poor conditions affect everyone irrespective of religion.
2. The Nigerian Youths irrespective of tribes, religion and creed have no say in governance.
3. The corrupt and greedy class of Nigerian politicians are our common enemies. These wicked persons do not pay attention to petty issue of tribe and religion which they use to bring about division among us. In politics, there are no permanent friends; only permanent interests.

5 Likes

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 22, 2016
MORNDEW:
THE OCCUPY NIGERIA 2016, ON NAIRALAND; POLITICAL INTEREST OR SECESSION MOVEMENT?

In life, we must ask ourselves questions in whatever we plan to venture in or what we have ventured in already. On the 8th of July, 20016, I stumbled on a thread on Nairaland pricking on the conscience of Nigerian Youths to rise up against the injustice and mismanagement of Politicians and the elites. I dropped my comments on that thread and offered to even die for the course provided it's genuine.

As God may have it, I was added to a group as one of the team planners to bring about this desired change in Nigeria. The first day, I enjoyed my stay in the group interacted with different intelligent guys on the same group. I was so happy there were still youths who are not ethnic, or religious bigots and has the same intention of making a difference in Nigeria like me. But on the second day, I started noticing a different scheme of things to what I had believed conveyed us to that BBM group that later turned to a Whatsapp group. What was supposed to be like a youth movement for rebranding Nigeria started looking like a political party formation to serve the interest of a politician or to drive the course of a group.

Such things like registration of members and forming of smaller groups registered in each State started coming up. Contributions and we reading up radical books that I don't reason behind them became part of what was mandated of us. I quickly kicked against the Idea in my usual radical manner. We continued back and forth until nature took the better part of us and we retired to bed. I expected us to move in straightforward direction to why we conveyed there and come up with strategies to occupy Nigeria and demand for a change in the way things has gone and is going in the country. But No, rather, it looked like a strategic ploy to position someone for a political interest.

On the 19th of July, as we started our normal deliberations, a guy among us named Deji brought up an issue that shocked some of us and me in particular. Our leader in the person of Pasino, was a staunch Biafra supporter and IPOB youth and has done so in different fora and engagements. There was Pandemonium in the group. I raised my voice in condemnation. There's nothing I hate like hypocrisy. I have said I would die for that course provided it's genuine and that those to be involved should be people of Amiable character who have uncommon love for Nigeria. In my anger I voiced out my disappointment of how things have turned out. To my surprise, many there supported him. Apparently to show that they've been bought over. In fact, 70% of those in that group said they support Biafra. So does anyone else need another reason to stop taking them serious? But I continued my condemnation of how I found myself in a place conveyed by those who hate Nigeria. I agree things are not the way they should be but secession has never been the solution to it let alone by a group that preach hate against other tribes, violence, killings and bloodshed, mudslinging etc. As I continued to voice my dismay, and instead of Pasino to explain his position and Involvement with IPOB agitation and other accusations leveled against him, I was removed from the group by Pasino. Imagine such tyranny from a youth who has gotten no position. Is that who we should trust to change things in Nigeria? Or who anyone of us should join in his selfish interest? No. Remember the guy who conveyed the #IStandWithBuhari thing being a scam? It's the same scenario that has played out.

Before we think those who conveyed the occupy Nigeria thing on Nairaland means well let's ask ourselves these?

* What exactly are we occupying for?

*How can a Biafran supporter suddenly want the good of Nigeria

* Can a Russian become US President?

* If we agree to fight this cause till the end and suddenly the Biafran dream seem visible in the middle of it, will our leader who is a pro Biafran and IPOB youth still continue in it knowing fully where his allegiance lies?

*When that happens? Where do that leave us the genuine strugglers?

* Are we sure this is not a ploy to use us as we have seen in many occasions to achieve the interest of a political party and politicians?

*How are we sure this is not a ploy to gather our youths and use it like bait to say yes things has gone wrong in Nigeria that's why they need Biafra?

* Is our lives not on the line? Knowing fully well that our aspirations are not on the same page with theirs?

* On the day of the protest, what become of us if suddenly we see placards of Biafran agitation as seen in the support he got maybe cos they 've been bought?

* The Protest might be hijacked by Hoodlums who would want to create chaos and you and I pay with our Lives with what we don't know?

I am an unwavering believer in Nigeria and our Unity and would not join in anything that would jeopardize it's UNITY. This struggle is not genuine. Am not against any agitation but I won't be part of a hypocritical occupying of Nigeria or used as pawn to achieve the selfish interest of someone, political party or a group.

I am no longer part of this. Like Pontius Pilate, I wash my hands of this occupy Nigeria.

Princewill Chimereze
MORNDEW

If this is true, then our last hope is gone.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 1:59am On Jul 22, 2016
Nulasco:

If this is true, then our last hope is gone.
Please, refresh this page and read the rejoinder to the post above.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 22, 2016
gensteejay:

This movement is coming at a time when the Nigerian Youths have been completely cut off from governance and when they are undergoing so much suffering and neglect from the Government. During this period, unemployment, poor healthcare, insecurity and other negatives are experienced constantly in every nook and cranny of the nation, irrespective of age,tribe and religion. At such a trying period, a noble cause like ours is much needed to give a voice to the Nigerian Youths and correct several ills in the society.

From the foregoing, when Johnrake69 opened this thread about two weeks ago; a number of Nigerian Youths including Pacino, Johnrake69, my humble self (Deji) and 7 others formed a BBM group for us to chart the course to move our nation forward. We had several introductory interactive sessions, during which we rubbed minds on ways we believe could assist us in achieving our purpose.

During several of those sessions, the pioneer members exchanged several intelligent remarks. But a member stood out from the pack; that was Pacino. His strong leadership qualities were clear for all to see. He made a number of noteworthy suggestions on the initiative which have formed the core of the Nigerian Youths.

1. Pacino laid out a well-defined structure for the movement that enables each member to know the tasks he/she is best suited for. Ab initio, this gave us a clear sense of direction.
2. He made a personal monetary contribution at more than one occasion for the development of our website www.nigerianyouths.org and the Facebook page, https://m.facebook.com/voiceoftheyouths/
3. After these personal donations from him, he suggested we took the bull by the horns and register our details for proper documentation.
4. And to prevent this group from being tagged as a ragtag militia that could mature to a movement like the NDA, he suggested we registered it in the Ministry of Youths and Sports. This suggestion was quite commendable that none of us objected.

However, after our session on last week Saturday, July 16th, 2016; Pacino, in usual nature, summarized the activities we had for that day. In the process, he highlighted some plans he has been nurturing for the Nigerian Youths.
The plans were quite utilitarian, but one of them caused an argument among us. And that was to "initiate summits, trainings and exhibitions within the youthful populace aimed at equipping individuals with relevant skills and expertise to function effectively in this century."

This objective took us most us by surprise because we felt this cause was turning into a political movement. This wasn't what we wanted. So I, alongside some other members, objected. But when we examined this plan with all other objectives of the movement, we realized they all complement each other (go to www.nigerianyouths.org for more info).

We had already scheduled the election of our leader that same day during the night session. In order not to delay the cause, we went ahead with the election. Strictly speaking, the election was a only a formality because we already knew who the leader was. Pacino won the election with a good result.

Prior to the election, as a security precaution I (Deji) made some findings about the members of the movement I am to work. Naturally, I started with the influential member Pacino, and extended this background check to Johnrake69 who opened the thread, as well as few other members.

During this exercise, I found out a challenging problem for this cause and I am sure other members would have thought of it too.

The problem: How do we make a united stand to demand good governance from our government? How will IPOB advocates cooperate with non-IPOB advocates to focus on a common overarching utilitarian goal which is to better our lives while working together as one?

This problem became a pressing one when I discovered there are a number of IPOB advocates in our midst. One of them is Pacino, our newly-elected leader; these people believe the current structure of government is lopsided and unfair. And the million dollar question is who doesn't? Unless we don't want to call a spade a spade, this nature of structuring of the Federal Government doesn't favor the masses. It only makes the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Owing to this fact, I made my findings known to the house on the convictions of the IPOB advocates in our midst; our leader inclusive. During our discussion then, we resolved to casting aside temporarily any tribal and religious differences. Pacino, our leader reached this agreement with us together some other IPOB advocates

We realized there was no other way for our dear nation to be on a sure path to greatness than for us to UNITE as one because
1. Youthful unemployment, poverty, insecurity, inadequate healthcare, bad roads inter alia are common indices in the lives of every Nigerian Youths whether Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa, etc. Also these poor conditions affect everyone irrespective of religion.
2. The Nigerian Youths irrespective of tribes, religion and creed have no say in governance.
3. The corrupt and greedy class of Nigerian politicians are our common enemies. These wicked persons do not pay attention to petty issue of tribe and religion which they use to bring about division among us. In politics, there are no permanent friends; only permanent interests.

This is why we, the Nigerian Youths seek a lasting solution to our suffering and be the first line of credibility for the defence of equity and justice.
We urge youths from every States in the Federation to join the train; let's UNITE and move our nation forward.
Please visit www.nigerianyouths.org and https://m.facebook.com/voiceoftheyouths/ for more info.

Cc: omobs, banmee, Nulasco, Vshock, pacino26,
Tobitrueman, pulsa, ucheokpara100, nairoland,
Eleniyan15, Pushas, richylee, Sirmuel1, Pushas,
tizblink, vickvilles, nabiz, sanyaboy, frajoe2reel,
Pedrop, ikbnice, Amusaopeyemi, Hage,
Naimolawale, Nulasco, achi4u, sweetyme001,
talk4free Guseh, TonyeBarcanista, Sarhyd,
princetigris, kuuljay, BiafranPrince, bet9ja,
cindybella101, AkpanUnanam, melodythatsme,
vickvilles, Milonis,
gensteejay, dadebayo1, csamii, Pushas,
Maduawuchukwu, MORNDEW, hardniola, Klare,
iamDiabolic, dollyjuke, ceekanMgazine,
bank2k4real, Peezzy, Beamborla, bemyguest,
Penielme, yhemsy62, Nafizzey, faaiz4ever,
DDeliverer, Izonpikin, dollyjuke, adediranta,
ThundrCork,
jking001, freeze001, OmoAjowa7, leofab,
coolestdude01,
MaziOmenuko, signature2012, zeberebe,
Amberon, Teespice, freeage7, Almajiri1,
ArodeTsolaye, megawax8,
otokx, HIGHESTPOPORI, FoxyFlow, johnstar,
cromz, HemmanuelRichy, Gchimez, eunisam,
Nicholas007, Pushas, Bizibi, Obas101,
InformedLola, Reyginus, TheFreeOne,
Shininstar30, zibi5, jamace, dadebayo1, Okikiki,
Sagealveen, ucheokpara100, ElCount,
whirlwind7, Akeem1759, byrron, 400billionman,
juman,
newbornmacho, percyshelu, Yemidaniels,
An0nimus, sanandreas, Hisduchess, Thoniameek,
vickvilles, csamii,
AnonyNymous, harrysjones, adonshow,
ALAYORMII, Oyimeoyimemua, annnikky, Babzilla,
Revolva, harrysjones, raziboi, goldenruby,
mira4u, M4gunners, Klare, Alfred234, eddyj36,
Mhizdiva, banmee, ouigy99, francizy,
majekdom2, teeghurl, danwilliams4u, kayusre,
Blessedward, sixtus3606, Ymodulus, SnowJay92,
izzou,
niggi4life, sunnyside16, dmanj, Vickertony,
mrkayusfit, corruptboss, goddys,druboon404,
byrron, dadebayo1, snaketail22, faaiz4ever,
swagaholic, frehage, joshalpha, repogirl,
timilehin007, joeekuns, Enahi,

I read through your post and visited the website nigerianyouths.org but i noticed an error 404 on every link clicked for further information. Only the home page is active for now and not well detailed. Kindly see to this
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by fanficgirl(f): 5:31am On Jul 22, 2016
How can others get involved? I've been burning with anger on the horrible, disgusting, greedy, politicians. I wish I could assasinate them myself angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 22, 2016
gensteejay:

This is why we, the Nigerian Youths seek a lasting solution to our suffering and be the first line of credibility for the defence of equity and justice.
We urge youths from every States in the Federation to join the train; let's UNITE and move our nation forward.
Please visit www.nigerianyouths.org and https://m.facebook.com/voiceoftheyouths/ for more info.

vickvilles, Milonis,
ThundrCork,
coolestdude01,
ArodeTsolaye, megawax8,
juman,
vickvilles, csamii,
izzou,

Oga at first I wanted to ignore after reading your comments but after a while I decided to come online again and drop this for you and other youths.

I think you guys are boxing yourself in or rather you guys have killed the movement even before take off.

All the things you wrote up there about what you are trying to achieve are already covered by law under the Ministry of Youths and Sports, you guys are just reinventing the wheel.

Secondly once you register your group it automatically falls under the purview of the above mentiond ministry (ie if and when you succeed with the registration)

In addition registration, provides you with a leader who is answerable to the government hence the leader has a target on his back. The government of Nigeria knowns him and also what to do to bring him to his knees-just few Ghana must go bags he will break the group forming different factions thus rendering the movement infective.

The best approach should have been to organize the groups into teams based on functions and states, and each team has a team leader. Should there be any need to present someone on behalf of the group the group will choose among the team leaders and send the person. Sending someone forward will be on need basis and the nature of the meeting so as not to concentrate power in the hands of a single man.such that should him be picked up only that team(which forms a small fraction of the group) will have a temporary problem selecting new team leader without putting the whole group in distress.

Finally, if you guys want to act you better act now all that is needed is to agree on what to ask from the government eg change of a specific minister or change of a particular policies or government etc. Once that is agreed upon, you guys agree on date and venues and a way to communicate and share picturee and videos among states/teams, then take to the streets and occupy the nation untill your demands are met.

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by fanficgirl(f): 5:43am On Jul 22, 2016
woodcook:

Oga at first I wanted to ignore after reading your comments but after a while I decided to come online again and drop this for you and other youths.

I think you guys are boxing yourself in or rather you guys have killed the movement even before take off.

All the things you wrote up there about what you are trying to achieve are already covered by law under the Ministry of Youths and Sports, you guys are just reinventing the wheel.

Secondly once you register your group it automatically falls under the purview of the above mentiond ministry (ie if and when you succeed with the registration)

In addition registration, provides you with a leader who is answerable to the government hence the leader has a target on his back. The government of Nigeria knowns him and also what to do to bring him to his knees-just few Ghana must go bags he will break the group forming different factions thus rendering the movement infective.

The best approach should have been to organze the groups into teams based on function and each team has a team leader. Should there be any need to present someone on behalf of the group the group will choose among the team leader and send the person. Sending someone forward will be on need basis and the natureof the meeting so as not to concentrate power in the hands of a single man.such that should him be picked up only that team(which forms a small fraction of the group) will have a temporary problem selecting new team leader without putting the whole group in distress.

Finally, if you guys want to act you better act now all that is needed is to agree on what to ask from the government eg change of a specific minister or change of a particular policies or government. Once that is agreed on you guys agree on date and venues and a way to communicate and share picturee and videos among states, then take to the streets and occupy the nation.

I second this completely, also, website isn't working correctly.

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 22, 2016
fanficgirl:

Things are difficult wasting time gives the government room to fish out whom to bribe to tear down the movement.

Moreover,Tunisia, Egypt had no formal group or leader leading the movement.

Occupy China movement got a spokes guy during the movement and as at today the guy has been sentenced.

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by repogirl(f): 7:08am On Jul 22, 2016
MORNDEW:

As God may have it, I was added to a group as one of the team planners to bring about this desired change in Nigeria. The first day, I enjoyed my stay in the group interacted with different intelligent guys on the same group. I was so happy there were still youths who are not ethnic, or religious bigots and has the same intention of making a difference in Nigeria like me. But on the second day, I started noticing a different scheme of things to what I had believed conveyed us to that BBM group that later turned to a Whatsapp group. What was supposed to be like a youth movement for rebranding Nigeria started looking like a political party formation to serve the interest of a politician or to drive the course of a group.

Such things like registration of members and forming of smaller groups registered in each State started coming up. Contributions and we reading up radical books that I don't reason behind them became part of what was mandated of us. I quickly kicked against the Idea in my usual radical manner. We continued back and forth until nature took the better part of us and we retired to bed. I expected us to move in straightforward direction to why we conveyed there and come up with strategies to occupy Nigeria and demand for a change in the way things has gone and is going in the country. But No, rather, it looked like a strategic ploy to position someone for a political interest.

On the 19th of July, as we started our normal deliberations, a guy among us named Deji brought up an issue that shocked some of us and me in particular. Our leader in the person of Pasino, was a staunch Biafra supporter and IPOB youth and has done so in different fora and engagements. There was Pandemonium in the group. I raised my voice in condemnation. There's nothing I hate like hypocrisy. I have said I would die for that course provided it's genuine and that those to be involved should be people of Amiable character who have uncommon love for Nigeria. In my anger I voiced out my disappointment of how things have turned out. To my surprise, many there supported him. Apparently to show that they've been bought over. In fact, 70% of those in that group said they support Biafra. So does anyone else need another reason to stop taking them serious? But I continued my condemnation of how I found myself in a place conveyed by those who hate Nigeria. I agree things are not the way they should be but secession has never been the solution to it let alone by a group that preach hate against other tribes, violence, killings and bloodshed, mudslinging etc. As I continued to voice my dismay, and instead of Pasino to explain his position and Involvement with IPOB agitation and other accusations leveled against him, I was removed from the group by Pasino. Imagine such tyranny from a youth who has gotten no position. Is that who we should trust to change things in Nigeria? Or who anyone of us should join in his selfish interest? No. Remember the guy who conveyed the #IStandWithBuhari thing being a scam? It's the same scenario that has played out.

Before we think those who conveyed the occupy Nigeria thing on Nairaland means well let's ask ourselves these?

* What exactly are we occupying for?

*How can a Biafran supporter suddenly want the good of Nigeria

* Can a Russian become US President?

* If we agree to fight this cause till the end and suddenly the Biafran dream seem visible in the middle of it, will our leader who is a pro Biafran and IPOB youth still continue in it knowing fully where his allegiance lies?

*When that happens? Where do that leave us the genuine strugglers?

* Are we sure this is not a ploy to use us as we have seen in many occasions to achieve the interest of a political party and politicians?

*How are we sure this is not a ploy to gather our youths and use it like bait to say yes things has gone wrong in Nigeria that's why they need Biafra?

* Is our lives not on the line? Knowing fully well that our aspirations are not on the same page with theirs?

* On the day of the protest, what become of us if suddenly we see placards of Biafran agitation as seen in the support he got maybe cos they 've been bought?

* The Protest might be hijacked by Hoodlums who would want to create chaos and you and I pay with our Lives with what we don't know?

I am an unwavering believer in Nigeria and our Unity and would not join in anything that would jeopardize it's UNITY. This struggle is not genuine. Am not against any agitation but I won't be part of a hypocritical occupying of Nigeria or used as pawn to achieve the selfish interest of someone, political party or a group.

Princewill Chimereze
MORNDEW

MORNDEW, please remember that we are a diverse people from different places. That some people support a cause shouldn't be a total write off on them. Everyone is looking for the best way out of this situation called Nigeria, it doesn't mean we don't want this Nigeria to work and we can't set aside our cultural and other differences in order to achieve something which will benefit our country.

I agree though that the Pacino guy shouldn't have removed you from your group in such a brash manner, that's just wrong on so many levels. One will always find opposition everywhere and to be a true leader, one has got to employ diplomacy , tact and be willing to listen to the opposition even if it makes you angry.

I have always been a skeptic about these groupy things and that's why I chose to follow from the sidelines to see how it goes. I'm not impressed with their leader's actions, it's not a good sign already. Anybody who can't stomach tough questions or set aside anger and be objective shouldn't be anyone's leader.

However, woodcook has made a marvelous suggestion and I suggest it should be looked into. Putting one person at the helm of this thing would be too much pressure on him and equipping that one person with too much power.

I will still watch from the sidelines though, and hope this works out.

3 Likes

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by ColtPython(m): 7:45am On Jul 22, 2016
Nice thread.

Been thinking about this for a while now.

What I don't get is are we demonstrating to occupy Nigeria or are we creating a new political party to erode Aso Rock in the next elections and make serious amendments to the constitution?

If its the former, then we are kidding ourselves...
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by MORNDEW(m): 9:05am On Jul 22, 2016
repogirl:

MORNDEW, please remember that we are a diverse people from different places. That some people support a cause shouldn't be a total write off on them. Everyone is looking for the best way out of this situation called Nigeria, it doesn't mean we don't want this Nigeria to work and we can't set aside our cultural and other differences in order to achieve something which will benefit our country.

I agree though that the Pacino guy shouldn't have removed you from your group in such a brash manner, that's just wrong on so many levels. One will always find opposition everywhere and to be a true leader, one has got to employ diplomacy , tact and be willing to listen to the opposition even if it makes you angry.

I have always been a skeptic about these groupy things and that's why I chose to follow from the sidelines to see how it goes. I'm not impressed with their leader's actions, it's not a good sign already. Anybody who can't stomach tough questions or set aside anger and be objective shouldn't be anyone's leader.

However, woodcook has made a marvelous suggestion and I suggest it should be looked into. Putting one person at the helm of this thing would be too much pressure on him and equipping that one person with too much power.

Repogirl, You are one of the few ladies I respect here. Its not about supporting a cause but What type of cause and the Modus Operandi used in trying to achieve such cause. You can never see me supporting, IPOB, Bokoharam, NDA, Herdsmen and other threats to our National security and peace. I am one of those badly hit by our system and don't like the current state of things and structure in our dear land.

But Calling for secession or spreading hate messages among other ethnic group can burn down this country.

Instead of the leader to clear the air on the allegations, he removed me. And he chatted with me instead of him to explain his action and answer my questions he told me am the first to serve a ban. As who? He doesn't even have such powers from our composition because I and a guys called Deji reserve such power to remove anyone that did not follow laid down rules.

I have met many IPOB supporters. This people are filled with hatred and are unrepentant about it. Some of them are in cos they were promised different things. An IPOB will always be an IPOB and 70% of those there said they support it. So how suddenly did they love Nigeria and wants to occupy her to get things right and forget their first love?

I cannot be part of that. I said it from the start, let this not be people of questionable character or who are ethnic or religious bigots. Am out of this. Those saddled with it are questionable.

For the records this is for tomorrow. People will say why did you not speak up then?

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 22, 2016
MORNDEW:

Repogirl, You are one of the few ladies I respect here. Its not about supporting a cause but What type of cause and the Modus Operandi used in trying to achieve such cause. You can never see me supporting, IPOB, Bokoharam, NDA, Herdsmen and other threats to our National security and peace. I am one of those badly hit by our system and don't like the current state of things and structure in our dear land.

But Calling for secession or spreading hate messages among other ethnic group can burn down this country.

Instead of the leader to clear the air on the allegations, he removed me. And he chatted with me instead of him to explain his action and answer my questions he told me am the first to serve a ban. As who? He doesn't even have such powers from our composition because I and a guys called Deji reserve such power to remove anyone that did not follow laid down rules.

I have met many IPOB supporters. This people are filled with hatred and are unrepentant about it. Some of them are in cos they were promised different things. An IPOB will always be an IPOB and 70% of those there said they support it. So how suddenly did they love Nigeria and wants to occupy her to get things right and forget their first love?

I cannot be part of that. I said it from the start, let this not be people of questionable character or who are ethnic or religious bigots. Am out of this. Those saddled with it are questionable.

For the records this is for tomorrow. People will say why did you not speak up then?

It is quite sad and shameful at the same time but not unexpected. Like I said earlier on if you guys really want the government to do something take to the street forming a well structured group before hand is same thing as not acting. This is Nigeria where people capitalize on groups like this to curry favor, BBOG group is an example of how groups like these get hijacked.

It is not too late, stop with the IPOB blame game send out a shout out for youths that are ready to take to the street next week and see what happens during the occupation you start appointing team leaders so there is no one single leader. Even.if a team leader say in Jos is arrested the occupation in every other states will be ongoing under the pseudo-leadership of a team leader at same time you guys can coordinate via chats and call and get a new team leader for Jos.

If una like make una dey there dey build website dey write manifestor, dey form youth group. Which if registered official will be tethered under the Minister of Youth and Sport and get served Aisha rice. Trust me that "rice" is potent ask those that have eaten it.

I engaged in aluta in uni and from experience I know how easy it is for government to bring down a group by "conerning" the leader.

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by An0nimus: 9:21am On Jul 22, 2016
MORNDEW:

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by An0nimus: 9:29am On Jul 22, 2016
woodcook:

It is quite sad and shameful at the same time but not unexpected. Like I said earlier on if you guys really want the government to do something take to the street forming a well structured group before hand is same thing as not acting. This is Nigeria where people capitalize on groups like this to curry favor, BBOG group is an example of how groups like these get hijacked.

It is not too late, stop with the IPOB blame game send out a shout out for youths that are ready to take to the street next week and see what happens during the occupation you start appointing team leaders so there is no one single leader. Even.if a team leader say in Jos is arrested the occupation in every other states will be ongoing under the pseudo-leadership of a team leader at same time you guys can coordinate via chats and call and get a new team leader for Jos.

If una like make una dey there dey build website dey write manifestor, dey form youth group. Which is registered official will be tethered under the Minister of Youth and Sport.

I engaged in aluta in uni and from experience I know how easy it is for government to bring down a group by "conerning" the leader.

Putting power in the hands of one man is a no no. It's intoxicating plus it makes the leader an easy target. MORDNEW has made some very nice points and I respect him for it. I wouldn't want a group like this to be hijacked by IPOB or any similar organisation. No disrespect to IPOB fans but their bile is on a whole different level. It's not an insult, it is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 22, 2016
An0nimus:

Putting power in the hands of one man is a no no. It's intoxicating plus it makes the leader an easy target. MORDNEW has made some very nice points and I respect him for it. I wouldn't want a group like this to be hijacked by IPOB or any similar organisation. No disrespect to IPOB fans but their bile is on a whole different level. It's not an insult, it is what it is.

The truth is I see amatuers and kids everywhere on that thread,no offence to anyone. The truth is that for someone that understands and knows how sit-in and protest work,IPOB youths are the willing and best instrument to use. But then you need a good strategy on how to keep them motivated and in check.

Trust if you play your game well they will be the first to take to the street and sit in as long as it takes without giving them the opportunity to hijack the sit in.

I am sure Bubu and DSS will be laughing at Nigerian Youth after seeing the disunity in a group that is barely a month old.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by An0nimus: 9:55am On Jul 22, 2016
woodcook:

The truth is I see amatuers and kids everywhere on that thread,no offence to anyone. The truth is that for someone that understands and knows how sit-in and protest work,IPOB youths are the willing and best instrument to use. But then you need a good strategy on how to keep them motivated and in check.

Trust if you play your game well they will be the first to take to the street and sit in as long as it takes without giving them the opportunity to hijack the sit in.

I am sure Bubu and DSS will be laughing at Nigerian Youth after seeing the disunity in a group that is barely a month old.

It'll be a miracle for anyone to achieve and sustain the bolded, especially when you consider what we see on NL everyday.

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 11:58am On Jul 22, 2016
mrkayusfit:

I read through your post and visited the website nigerianyouths.org but i noticed an error 404 on every link clicked for further information. Only the home page is active for now and not well detailed. Kindly see to this

fanficgirl:

We are still working on the website.

2 Likes

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 11:59am On Jul 22, 2016
gensteejay:

vickvilles, Milonis,
ThundrCork,
coolestdude01,
ArodeTsolaye, megawax8,
juman,
vickvilles, csamii,
izzou,
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 22, 2016
An0nimus:

It'll be a miracle for anyone to achieve and sustain the bolded, especially when you consider what we see on NL everyday.

We have a pressing issue, which requires immediate action.

For now the best thing is to shock the system, the aim of the sit-ins should be to meet a particular goal or demand not a political movement.

Once the initial outing is successful we can then build on the momentum, by forming the group/political movements and start fronting leaders by then we have made our marks. This will signify to the government that we now wield power and influence as much as they do and with that we can comfortably float an official and well structured group without the fear of being brown beat by the government.

My brother if we can do things in the right order we can achieve that but unfortunately the "movement" has already been hijacked.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2016
repogirl:

Thank you repogirl and woodcook for coming around. It's really unfortunate that as youths we have allowed politics of the elites to divide us. I created the thread as an aftermath of the Nigeria don finish me thread. The idea was to spore us to action.

Note: Am from Niger delta.

We formed a group on whatsapp believed to be a gathering of like minds. Not too long, it became obvious that we the Nigerian youths really need reorientation. And a couple of us suggested that we take our time to study; this is to enable us understand the Nigerian problem and how to go about it. Some members of the raised an objection cos they felt we were drifting apart from the initial goal. But honestly, there is no way this group of youths can sustain a protest because of the level of division among us and also, there was the issue of ego among the group.

This has been the group experience. Not giving up anyway but I think the major task at hand is reorientation of the average Nigerian youth.

We all talk about change and we believe in working with in the system to achieve that but, historical events have it that the problem of being a conformist is that when you try to change the system within, its not you who changes the system; it's the system that will change you.

We all have roles to play. Thank you all.

vickvilles, Milonis,
ThundrCork,
coolestdude01,
ArodeTsolaye, megawax8,
juman,
vickvilles, csamii,
izzou,
timilehin007, joeekuns, Enahi, coltpython, fanficgirl, genea,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2016
Johnrake69:

Thank you repogirl and woodcook for coming around. It's really unfortunate that as youths we have allowed politics of the elites to divide us. I created the thread as an aftermath of the Nigeria don finish me thread. The idea was to spore us to action.

Note: Am from Niger delta.

We formed a group on whatsapp believed to be a gathering of like minds. Not too long, it became obvious that we the Nigerian youths really need reorientation. And a couple of us suggested that we take our time to study; this is to enable us understand the Nigerian problem and how to go about it. Some members of the raised an objection cos they felt we were drifting apart from the initial goal. But honestly, there is no way this group of youths can sustain a protest because of the level of division among us and also, there was the issue of ego among the group.

This has been the group experience. Not giving up anyway but I think the major task at hand is reorientation of the average Nigerian youth.

We all talk about change and we believe in working with in the system to achieve that but, historical events have it that the problem of being a conformist is that when you try to change the system within, its not you who changes the system; it's the system that will change you.

We all have roles to play. Thank you all.

vickvilles, Milonis,
ThundrCork,
coolestdude01,
ArodeTsolaye, megawax8,
juman,
vickvilles, csamii,
izzou,
timilehin007, joeekuns, Enahi, coltpython, fanficgirl, genea,

I must commend your effort keep on the good work.

But then if you need to disband the group and start afresh you better do that unless you are sure the way things are that you can still salvage the situation and maintain same tempo.

Good luck I will keep tab on this thread!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by 151487made(m): 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2016
i

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by vickvilles(m): 2:14pm On Jul 22, 2016
[quote author=gensteejay post=47769185]
Problems like these is what I envisaged from the beginning but I never taught it would come so fast...choosing a leader and other activities were going on in the group but no updates were posted here for all to see or at least a pm...now there are Igbos in our midst and a leader for that matter. I won't be a member to any group that will divide the country..I won't be a part of it..thank you
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by vickvilles(m): 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2016
woodcook:

sir you think all these efforts and quest for a positive change in these country is a game? An ipob leader as your head? Some members on the other side but practically in your midst are standing by him because he has done well? Sir, once things turn out during the protest that some members in our midst display an ipob flag, will that still be a game to you when the Nigeria army shoots on sight?? Lets call a spade a spade and no sentiment please..we will not affiliate these group with ipob members.. thank you
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by repogirl(f): 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2016
MORNDEW:

Instead of the leader to clear the air on the allegations, he removed me. And he chatted with me instead of him to explain his action and answer my questions he told me am the first to serve a ban.
This has said it all.

Sad really. Another tyrant as a leader and same people will be throwing stones at Buhari.

Johnrake69, you obviously meant well in the beginning when you set up this thread so YOU need to set clear as crystal rules. You came up with the original idea, try not to stray from it.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
vickvilles:
sir you think all these efforts and quest for a positive change in these country is a game? An ipob leader as your head? Some members on the other side but practically in your midst are standing by him because he has done well? Sir, once things turn out during the protest that some members in our midst display an ipob flag, will that still be a game to you when the Nigeria army shoots on sight?? Lets call a spade a spade and no sentiment please..we will not affiliate these group with ipob members.. thank you

My oga, I did not advocate for IPOB or anyone for that matter to be a leader for this movement. Please try and scroll up you will see all my previous posts on this issue that will throw more light on how the conversation you quoted came about. Reading just the one you quoted is not a true representation of my thoughts and opinions on this matter.

When you are done reading my previous posts on this matter am sure you will understand what I meant and how the quoted conversation came to be.

Thanks my brother in the struggle!
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by pacino26(m): 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2016
Now I really understand why Nnamdi Azikiwe choose to be a ceremonial president.

There is so much to say but I rather choose the golden option; SILENCE.

I only look forward to the day media trials will be admitted as a tool in public prosecution. At least it will speed up trials and conviction. The downturn is, we may end up killing innocent men and women.

True this is a cyber forum where people hide under their monikers but my close friends from NL know me better and this comment is for them.

To my young friend Morndew, may you live forever!

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2016
repogirl:
This has said it all.

Sad really. Another tyrant as a leader and same people will be throwing stones at Buhari.

Johnrake69, you obviously meant well in the beginning when you set up this thread so YOU need to set clear as crystal rules. You came up with the original idea, try not to stray from it.

Tyrant as a leader? Please don't say what you don't know.
I wasn't in the group when they had the election, but I voted online through the official website.
Total votes recorded was 7 Altogether.
Pasino having 5 votes emerged as the winner. Like what Faaiz wrote,"the election does not mean the winner has the final say" Pasino was officially identified as the team leader and not what you think.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
[quote author=vickvilles post=47785442][/quote]

Stop saying what you don't know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Funeral Mass Of Caroline Chinweolu Onoh In Enugu / Orji Uzor Kalu Joins APC / Adams Oshiomhole's Bold Walk To The Senate Excites Edo North Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 269
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.