Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen (25557 Views)

Orphans Get N10.3m For Cows To Celebrate Sallah In Sokoto / Buratai Sends Cows To Troops In Sambisa For Christmas (Photos) / Aisha Buhari Donated Cows To Bauchi Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Obaino is a wise man.

Paying both the Community and the Herdsmen is commendable,and it is only those with hate in their hearts that will see your move as a problem.

Looking forward to the day you will formally decamp to the APC.

Ojukwu is dead,and many things modeled after him died too. Biafra,APGA,the Ikemba Title and many other things went with him.

So Obaino,it is time you embrace the progressive.
Honestly bro I see this man decamping to APC soon, he is really forward thinking and a progressive, like him

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by hatchy(f): 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
Stupidity,foolishness and cowardice joined together. Why are these governors begging and appeasing these morons at the expense of thier own pepu.

This act will always fuel the cattle rearers and famers conflict because each side knows that compensation will be made afterwards.

Why not tell the herdsmen outrightly to move thier cattle to a ranch and leave devastating the peasants farm land.

More conflict loading in Enugu state

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Obaino is a wise man.

Paying both the Community and the Herdsmen is commendable,and it is only those with hate in their hearts that will see your move as a problem.

Ojukwu is dead,and many things modeled after him died too. Biafra,APGA,the Ikemba Title and many other things went with him.

Honestly bro I see this man decamping to APC soon, he is really forward thinking and a progressive, like him

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by loosecanon50(m): 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2016
Obiano, I won't deny the fact that you're a very wise and just man...but this kind gesture you demonstrated, well, i will say its good; that is if we want to classify something as good or bad. will the Fulani herdsmen appreciate your kind gesture? that is a different ball game entirely....because it's just like buying 70 cows to appease 800 cows or more. my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by dikeigbo2(m): 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Obaino is a wise man.

I wonder if you understand who they talking about here,its all about Obiano not obaino grin

#OBIANO

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
chosen04:
Obiano is truly a lost soul. No wonder real Agulerians keep rejecting him as a son of the soil. Agulerians regret even managing this lost soul as an 'adopted son'
Honestly you are talking nonsense! Do he shouldn't have compensated both parties?
You need to start thinking globally and not locally.
Really you embarrassed yourself now
Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
Kelechi2020:
Hmmmm..Should i say this is an act of cowardice or outrightly condemn this act by our Governor...If i may ask ...The funds he used for this waste where did they come from, was it captured in anambra state budget ?? How come the figure (70 cows) and how much did he pay for each.....This is absurd...
Absurd you say? In compensating both parties ?
Really it's time some people need to start thinking and not just talk for the sake of it.
Sit down, take a deep breath and think.
What is absurd about a leader ensuring peace and progress?
Must you always wish for hostility? Must you always how aggressive traits ?
Does it make you feel brave showing hate?
Ghandi said"an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind%
Think on this deeply

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
iKarma:
I told them Fulanis don corner the Southeast.

No be Ebonyi governor dey beg Fulanis to stay in the East?

It's obvious Ibos are the weak minded loud media warrior chestbeaters.

[img][/img]
So Anambra should live with hate right ?
Let me tell you, it doesn't take anyone special to hate, it doesn't take a wise person to type hatefilled messages and to abuse another's tribe.
It doesn't take a brave person to retaliate a wrong done you.

Instead it takes a special person not to repay hate, it takes a wise person not to reply tribal hate with same hate, and it takes a brave person not to retaliate a wrong done.
Obiano has shown he is the best governor in the South East by miles.
#giverespectwheredue

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
omofunaab:
Obiano did this in the interest of peace. ....am expecting IPOB to tag him as traitor
He isn't a traitor he is a hero
Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by mousco(m): 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
He enjoined Muslims not to involve in any form of killing but to maintain the holiness of the Ramadan season.

So afta ramadan dey shud start killing ?

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
hotspec:
Highly disappointed by ds singular act of cowardice from d Gov. Anyway, d FOOOOOLanis shd also pay for d innocent souls dt they murdered.
Let me tell you, it doesn't take anyone special to hate, it doesn't take a wise person to type hatefilled messages and to abuse another's tribe.

Instead it takes a special person not to repay hate, it takes a wise person not to reply tribal hate with same hate, and it takes a brave person not to retaliate a wrong done.
#giverespectwheredue

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
hatchy:
Stupidity,foolishness and cowardice joined together. Why are these governors begging and appeasing these morons at the expense of thier own pepu.

This act will always fuel the cattle rearers and famers conflict because each side knows that compensation will be made afterwards.

Why not tell the herdsmen outrightly to move thier cattle to a ranch and leave devastating the peasants farm land.

More conflict loading in Enugu state
You talked alot but ended up saying nothing , hate only breeds hate and deprives one of wisdom.
Sit down take some chill and read what you typed again, does it make any sense? Not at all.
He compensated both parties and you call that weakness ?
Wow you have very poor leadership skills .
He is a hero and a very brave man.
Think deeply , start using your thought faculty it's free

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
mousco:
He enjoined Muslims not to involve in any form of killing but to maintain the holiness of the Ramadan season.

So afta ramadan dey shud start killing ?
Huh?
Is that all you got from this?
That is sad.
He took bold steps to ensure peaceful coexistence between all tribes in the state. That's what a progressive does.
He is a shining example to us all

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by solace2013: 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
This is the most sensible human being from the South East, kudos.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by ba7man(m): 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
Uchihaitaci:

#giverespectwheredue
I agree.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by fombadi: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
Igbos don shiiiit for body again. And they want others to take them seriously...

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Obiano is a wise man.

So Obiano,it is time you embrace the progressive.

The northern governors should emulate him and pay compensations to those business men who had their shops, goods and houses burnt and some of them killed as well.
Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by bakila: 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
chosen04:
Obiano is truly a lost soul. No wonder real Agulerians keep rejecting him as a son of the soil. Agulerians regret even managing this lost soul as an 'adopted son'
Are you angry that he is bringing peace or that his action is an admission of the fact that cows were killed?
Or is it because you carry heavy load?

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by wristbangle: 6:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
Imagine this headline:

Willie Obiano finally decamp to APC grin

Many IPOB youths may commit suicide (what do u think hungerbad)

Anyway back to the story, he made a good decision for the sake of peace and unity. Like I always said, he is the only governor I respect most in SE region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Spybradd: 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
Abagworo:
If it were Rochas Okorocha that paid for 10 cows I know what the stupid IPOB would have said and written by now.

Zero IPOB killing in Imo State

Zero herdsmen attack

but yet IPOB radio is all about attacking Okorocha.

and yet ABAGWORO radio is all about attacking IPOB.

Thunda faya joblessness and poverty.
grin
Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Hamdy6: 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
chosen04:

your mouth too big o
Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by muhammed10: 6:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
Obiano my Man
Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by graphiti: 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
chosen04 post=47336501[b:
u]Obiano is truly a lost soul. No wonder real Agulerians keep rejecting him as a son of the soil. Agulerians regret even managing this lost soul as an 'adopted son'[/u][/b]

Lolz.... A very bold move by Obiano, but...... peradventure u need a bolder move, u can have adopt Fayose.... for free!

Rotf!

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by muhammed10: 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
OBIANO THE BEST GOVERNOR. OBIANO IS A SINCERE MAN

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by CXLVII: 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
No be Nigerian politicians?

That guy is appeasing the gods for his political future.

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Kelechi2020(m): 6:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
Uchihaitaci:

Absurd you say? In compensating both parties ?
Really it's time some people need to start thinking and not just talk for the sake of it.
Sit down, take a deep breath and think.
What is absurd about a leader ensuring peace and progress?
Must you always wish for hostility? Must you always how aggressive traits ?
Does it make you feel brave showing hate?
Ghandi said"an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind%
Think on this deeply

Oga sir, i just Sat down, took a deep breath and thought over my comment.. And i .maintain my stand...
Its high time we stop reacting to issues and proactively handle matters.. Fayose has settled Ekiti case once and for all by showing this herdsmen correct red eyes and the rest is history...

This is an act of cowardice on his part which will give herdsmen the audacity to carry out more attacks.who will compensate others whose crops has been destroyed before now ?

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Obiano is a wise man.

So Obiano,it is time you embrace the progressive.
u sound retardedd

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
Kelechi2020:

Oga sir, i just Sat down, took a deep breath and thought over my comment.. And i .maintain my stand...
Its high time we stop reacting to issues and proactively handle matters.. Fayose has settled Ekiti case once and for all by showing this herdsmen correct red eyes and the rest is history...

This is an act of cowardice on his part which will give herdsmen the audacity to carry out more attacks.who will compensate others whose crops has been destroyed before now ?

Like I said, those who act emotionally tend to make mistakes , Obiano showed a high level of emotional intelligence by compensating both parties.
The fact that things have been going awry for long never stops one from doing the right thing.
He acted noblly and wise.
Comendation is due.
Acting proactively is doing the right thing at the right time, which is what he did.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by DedeNkem: 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
No northern state government has paid any compensation to Igbos killed by northern crazies!
Re: Obiano Pays For 70 Cows To Appease Herdsmen by intruder15(m): 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
iKarma:
I told them Fulanis don corner the Southeast.

No be Ebonyi governor dey beg Fulanis to stay in the East?

It's obvious Ibos are the weak minded loud media warrior chestbeaters.

[img][/img]

when d igbos incorporated their cow into our traditional rights, wat do u expect?. Am igbo man wil die, ur kindred will say u should fall cow. During traditional marriage, kinsmen will request for ewu awusa (hausa goat)... Wetin do d igbo goats whe make dem de demand for hausa own? Oga we cant do without dem. So, a governor beggin dem not to leave is not an act of cowardice. But a good thought to save u more money acquiring dem frm ur state rather dan goin to d north to buy, den transporting d cow back to d east. . .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don’t Reverse Ban On Okada, Sagay Counsels Sanwo-olu / Photos: Sule Lamido Returns To Nigeria / Ikpeazu Inspects Newly Renovated Michael Okpara Auditorium, Umuahia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.