Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

How Do You Get Over An Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Get Over An Ex? (1913 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / When You See An Ex / Can You Ever Forgive Your Girlfriend After Confessing Cheat With An Ex-boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Get Over An Ex? by baybbootz(f): 1:44am On Sep 10, 2009
How does a person get over an ex and move on, even after loosing contact for 2 years.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by lucia3(f): 1:57am On Sep 10, 2009
I have a way that I learned to get over an ex and it really did help me. Here's what you do: you picture your ex on a movie screen, not moving. Stare at it in your mind, then you see a small square picture coming out from the middle of the screen. The smaller pic is of you. The smaller picture gets larger and larger until it covers your ex completely. Do this over and over. This actually trains the brain to stop thinking of that person and it may help you put yourself first in the next relationship. Good luck. I know it can be difficult, I've been there!!
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by baybbootz(f): 3:02am On Sep 10, 2009
WOW.dats kool. sounds tasking bt imma try.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by CrazyMan(m): 3:16am On Sep 10, 2009
The best way to get over an ex is go into another relationship.

As long as you remain single, you would never get over him/her. The best solution is to learn from whatever mistake that led to your breakup, then look for someone else and begin afresh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by baybbootz(f): 3:40am On Sep 10, 2009
lost interest in even dating, been single 4 2 years n aint even searching. And its hard 2 trust anoda dude.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by whitelexi(m): 7:34am On Sep 10, 2009
2yrs is long enough to forget someone. . . Those i dated know i forget them instantly, they only emerge when i see a photo or something is said that reminds me of them, as long as u've said bye bye, its gone in less than 60secs. I think people find it difficult to move on when they overindulge emotionally.

If u look at it from the angle that it was just a relationship, or occasional fling. . . and not a marriage, then its quite easy. Just rebrand and meet more new peeps and you'll be fine aiight? grin
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 10, 2009
The best way to get over an old romance is with a new one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by sweetpie23: 8:42am On Sep 10, 2009
rokiatu:

The best way to get over an old romance is with a new one!
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Yumi(f): 8:51am On Sep 10, 2009
I think if you really love someone you never really get over them. Thats why I usually give the relationship a six month period of time to fix back up if someone ends it and I really love the person. As that way you make sure you have no regrets, if you really love someone you are not in a hurry to move on anyway. I would normally give it a few months if it was someone I really cared for and wanted to be with. If you move onto someone else they will never measure up to that person you really loved so there is no point really cause your heart won't be in it.

Its good to have closure too make sure you both really want to break up. If you didn't speak for two years are there still loose ends. Do you still love each other? I wouldnt let the person use you though as if they didnt make an effort to stay in touch or fix things two years ago they may not really love you anyway. Some times you never get over someone and every time you see them or you see reminders it hurts and you feel pain. Its like the day it ended a small part of your heart died. Thats when you really fell in love and there is no cure to that but with time it gets a little bit less painful and a little bit easier,
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 10, 2009
Yumi:

I think if you really love someone you never really get over them. Thats why I usually give the relationship a six month period of time to fix back up if someone ends it and I really love the person. As that way you make sure you have no regrets, if you really love someone you are not in a hurry to move on anyway. I would normally give it a few months if it was someone I really cared for and wanted to be with. If you move onto someone else they will never measure up to that person you really loved so there is no point really cause your heart won't be in it.

Its good to have closure too make sure you both really want to break up. If you didn't speak for two years are there still loose ends. Do you still love each other? I wouldnt let the person use you though as if they didnt make an effort to stay in touch or fix things two years ago they may not really love you anyway. Some times you never get over someone and every time you see them or you see reminders it hurts and you feel pain. Its like the day it ended a small part of your heart died. Thats when you really fell in love and there is no cure to that but with time it gets a little bit less painful and a little bit easier,

Hmmn!! Wise words . . smiley
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by tkb417(m): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2009
Delete her numba, throw away or burn anything that will bring back her memories, dont pick her calls, stop talking to her friends, start flirting, pray to forget her and pray for her to forget you too. . .

this works
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by whitelexi(m): 9:01am On Sep 10, 2009
tkb417:

Delete her numba, throw away or burn anything that will bring back her memories, dont pick her calls, stop talking to her friends, start flirting, pray to forget her and pray for her to forget you too. . .

this works

Pragmatic but only applies when u dont want anything to do with her again grin
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by tkb417(m): 9:12am On Sep 10, 2009
whitelexi:

Pragmatic but only applies when u dont want anything to do with her again grin
yeah, when im hurting, i wouldnt wanna see her at all
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by iice(f): 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2009
By trying to get over them. If you constantly think of them. . . undecided
Keep yourself occupied.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Diva1(f): 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2009
Yumi:

That's true!
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by madlady(f): 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
winkMy 2 cents worth.

If it was not a nasty break-up, allow yourself 1/2 hour every day for a week to think about them, 1/4 the next week and by the third week you will forget to give them the allotted 5 mins, that should do the trick.

Only nice thoughts (nothing sexy, that will make it worse)
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by whiteroses(f): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2009
for me best way to get over a guy is to get under another guy its the best you automatically just stop thinking about an ex
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by ebila(m): 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2009
@poster,
Wanna get over an ex huh?Just follow this steps:
1. Delete her number from ur fone(so u don't get tempted to call).

2. Try as much as possible not to be alone(cos all u'll think of is her).

3. Stop going to places that reminds u of her or doing things that u people to used to do(cos that's only going to remind her).

4. Get a hotter babe(this will take ur mind away from her).

But really in all this,if u really love her so much,you'll still not get over her.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 10, 2009
I know my post doesn't make sense but i recommend this film for you.Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.Okay let me narrate long story.Jim carey wakes up in the morning thinks his neighbour bashes his car and curses at him.At the train station he notices a particular lady looking at him.For no reason he enters the station and the same girl kate winslet is in the train she chats him up.Then they go out on a date lying on the floor she wishes they could do it all day.He drops at her house and encounters Elijah wood who questions jim's presence.Scene cuts now the next scene shows jim carey complaining to a friend about kate winslet wait a minute that doesn't make sense they just met.He complains that he got her a gift and she barely recognized him.The friend seeing jim in pain couldn't withstand it tells jim that kate winslet had an operation to delete him from her memories.Now the best part is jim carey can't stand the pain of losing his love opts for the same procedure.Then the film shows the relationship btwn them and how it went sour.Remember his bashed car he bashed it while chasing her to apologize.Now the strange part is elijah wood is part of the pple that erases memories and eventually lured kate winslet into going out with her by using jim's belongings.Cuz the procedure entails bringing things that reminds u of ur partner.Now during the procedure he's in coma instances of kate winslet start to disappear jim decides he no longer wants to go on with the procedure but it's too late.Now after the procedure the scene moves to first scene i described eventually after coming back from the date.Both assumed that they don't know each other but feel a strong connection till a girl sends tapes to each of them explaining that they were formerly lovers.At first jim thinks kate's messing with him when she plays the tape she met in her mail and hears her complaining about jim and her relationship out of anger he tells her to leave his car.Next scene shows kate showing at jim's house on getting there she meets jim listening to his own tape about her.They both feel bad about the event.Guess what they re-fall in love all over again.Sorry for this long story just wanted to share that sometimes memories of ex are part of things one should learn to appreciate.how would you feel if he didn't remember you at all.the fact you are no longer together doesn't mean you're enemies.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Busybody2(f): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
Yumi:

I think if you really love someone you never really get over them. . .

This is only true if you sell yourself short and start having the wrong mindset that you will never find a better person.

I say don't compromise on what you want and need in a relationship, and aim high and reach for the stars and once you find the right person, you would start wondering and be annoyed at what it was, you saw in your ex.

@ post

One way to get over an ex is to delete their number from your phone/brain to avert one of those oops moment that happens during those lonely nights when you can't sleep and have been crying your eyes out and then send a cringeworthy text asking what it was you did wrong or grovelling for a second chance embarassed
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Yumi(f): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
pc guru:

Guess what they re-fall in love all over again.Sorry for this long story just wanted to share that sometimes memories of ex are part of things one should learn to appreciate.how would you feel if he didn't remember you at all.the fact you are no longer together doesn't mean you're enemies.      

Thanks!  Thats deep am going to watch that movie.  Yeah I guess its possible falling in love with your ex again if you still love them.  Thats why sometimes you leave the door open , so the bird can fly back in  ,

1 Like

Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2009
Yeah it's a lovely and touching movie.Whats makes it cool is that the couples have real serious issues like jim never respects her and says things to get on her nerve after the procedure you can tell he has a no memory on his formal character and his new character is now kinda quiet and nice.Think of it if we had amnesia like 10 times our behaviour modification will differ from each one.Isn't that weird i mean i love pc,format my memory and my taste change i might love weed.Check out this line from the Mexican.
Julia roberts:when two couples are in love at what point does it get when enough is enough.
Brad pitt:Never,it never does.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Yumi(f): 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2009
True but its better to stay together and try to make each other happy than to keep breaking up and thinking you might lose each other right. If you really got that special connection and love each other to that level. Cause you know you are going to end up together, so fighting it is like fighting yourself its better to find a way to live with each other, try to make each other happy and not hurt each other, so its better you just treat each other well, give each other what the other needs and wants (will be reasonable cause you both love each other) and make the most of it more logical. smiley
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by posakosa(m): 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2009
Kill em. wink
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Dclique(m): 10:48pm On Sep 10, 2009
Lol, Its very difficult. It depends. But you can start by stay far far away from the person. That way you guys wouldn't get to see and time will do the rest.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by eldee(m): 10:48pm On Sep 10, 2009
Easiest way to cure one addiction is to pick up a new one. cheesy
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Dclique(m): 11:00pm On Sep 10, 2009
I totally agree!
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by baybbootz(f): 11:12pm On Sep 10, 2009
awwwwwwwww.thanks every one, your advices rily made sense.
The only problem is dat most ov the advices will be difficult 2 apply. We are family frenz, we were frends b4 we started dating and right now his back. Bt i aint sure if he still wants a relationship. his number z in my head.lol
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Yumi(f): 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2009
Maybe you can give him another chance, see if he wants to try again
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2009
Every minute you waste is another opportunity missed.You don't want to wake up from bed married to a stranger asking yourself "what if".Trust me what if sucks.For the past 4years i've been asking myself what if i had ask *********** even till now i'm still asking what if.It's F@kin terrible.Hope you feel me.At least it either yes or no he can't shoot fire from his mouth and if he does.Mehn wrong calculation.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by alax101: 11:45pm On Sep 10, 2009
NO1, ARE YOU TRYING TO 4GET OR U JST FEEL UVE LOST SO U WANT TO 4GET
, 2ND STEP, <ONLY 4 PEOPLE TRYING TO 4GET>
DELETE ,DESTROY N CONFISTICATE ANY FORM OF CONTACT OR ITEM OF REMEMBRANCE, ''REMOVE SUCH PERSON 4RM UR FACEBOOK FRIENDS LIST''
, 3RD STEP, <ONLY 4 PEOPLE WHO ACHIEVED STEP 1>
FOR NAW ALL U THINK ABOUT IS THE PERSON SO, N ITS PROBABLY NATURAL,JST MAKE SURE AS U KIP REMEMBRING THE PERSON ALWAYS REMEMBER HE OR SHE WITH THE REALLY BAD ATTITUDES THEY HAVE OR THE REALLY HURTING STUVZ THAY MITE AV DONE TO YOU
, 4TH STEP,
ALWAEZ TRY TO ENJOY YOURSELF BECAUSE IF U TRY WITH BOOKS OR ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH CONCENTRATION ULL KIP REMEMBRING, BUT IF U DO USE STEP3,
, 5TH STEP,
DONT DO REBOUNDS, BUT GIVE CHANCES TO ADMIRERS, <MAKES U FEEL URE WANTED>
, 6TH STEP,
WHEN URE ASKED,ALWAEZ SAY I LEFT HIM OR HER, ALWAEZ SAY U WERE TIRED OF HIM OR HER, AND ALWAEZ TELL URSELF EVEN IF U DIDINT THAT U WERE THE 1 DAT BROKE UP,
THAT MY PRINCIPLE N IT HAS WORKED 4 ALOT, IF IT WORKS 4 U, LET ME KNW PLEASE,
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by ebila(m): 11:54pm On Sep 10, 2009
baybbootz:

awwwwwwwww.thanks every one, your advices rily made sense.
The only problem is dat most ov the advices will be difficult 2 apply. We are family frenz, we were frends b4 we started dating and right now his back. Bt i aint sure if he still wants a relationship. his number z in my head.lol

Awww man! That is so bad.As long as u keep seeing him,there ain't no way u'll get over him.But where there's a will,there's a way.Try n let him go(as hard as it is) n move on cos he probably has.Remember,u deserve to be happy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Condom No Where To B Found / Should I Stay Or Leave Him / Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.