Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,238 members, 7,829,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

"Ghosting" A Cheap Break-up Method..why Do We Do It ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Ghosting" A Cheap Break-up Method..why Do We Do It ? (514 Views)

7 Reasons He’s ‘ghosting’ You / “haunting” Is The Horrific New Dating Trend That’s Even Worse Than Ghosting / "Ghosting", The Now Trending Way People Break Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Ghosting" A Cheap Break-up Method..why Do We Do It ? by 0ubenji(m): 11:37am On Jul 09, 2016
Ghosting is the word used to describe a break-up that never actually happens. . It’s when two people are in a relationship and then one person just vanishes without a trace –no call, no text, no explanation. It’s being dumped without actually being told you’re being dumped, leaving you to get the hint (and hope that you’re actually being dumped and something horrible didn’t just happen to the person). It’s not necessarily a new phenomenon, though the term is quickly catching on and becoming part of our lexicon. Generally, I think we can agree ghosting is a crappy thing to do to someone. If a person has dedicated any amount of their time to being in a relationship with you, the respectful thing to do is to let them know you’re not interested. When I was ghosted, it was confusing, humiliating and enraging. If you’re mature enough to enter into a relationship with someone, you should be mature enough to end that relationship when you no longer want to be in it. It’s cowardly. No one likes having hard conversations or hurting anyone’s feelings. Breaking up with someone sucks, regardless of the circumstances. But being an adult means doing the right thing, even if that thing is hard. For instance, when someone experiences radio silence from a person they had been dating, they might be worried that something bad might have happened to them. It’s an unfair burden to put on someone, especially since it can be easily rectified with a simple text message saying, “Hey, I don’t think we should see each other any more”. Relationships are never simple and break-ups suck, no matter how you slice it. But in this digital age, where connecting with someone is as easy as pushing a button, there’s rarely a good excuse to just disappear on them.
Re: "Ghosting" A Cheap Break-up Method..why Do We Do It ? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 09, 2016
cool OK I know I've Been ghosting few times but they deserved it...coz once I caught them lying, I considered it as done deal...I don't need further explanations from a liar coz surely my ears will juz bleed listening to their fvckd up excuses..
Re: "Ghosting" A Cheap Break-up Method..why Do We Do It ? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 09, 2016
Nobody gets hurt . grin
Re: "Ghosting" A Cheap Break-up Method..why Do We Do It ? by jamalnation(m): 11:51am On Jul 09, 2016
Too long. Make i bend if i read am
Re: "Ghosting" A Cheap Break-up Method..why Do We Do It ? by Marlvin(m): 11:51am On Jul 09, 2016
Sometimes, thats just the best deal you can offer.
Re: "Ghosting" A Cheap Break-up Method..why Do We Do It ? by 0ubenji(m): 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
TrapQueen77:
cool OK I know I've Been ghosting few times but they deserved it...coz once I caught them lying, I considered it as done deal...I don't need further explanations from a liar coz surely my ears will juz bleed listening to their fvckd up excuses..
What if ur conclusion happens to av come from misconception on ur part..?
Makes one appear silly and selfish u knw?
Re: "Ghosting" A Cheap Break-up Method..why Do We Do It ? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
0ubenji:

What if ur conclusion happens to av come from misconception on ur part..?
Makes one apeear silly and selfish u knw?

I dnt think it's selfish attitude but who wants being fooled? I don't judge easily but if I can sense sumtinz surely I will follow the trail til I saw it with my 2 naked eyes... cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Am A Prisoner Of Love, Who Would Bail Me Out!!! / A Nigerian Politician Raped Me Years Ago, Now I’m About To Marry His Son (HELP) / When You Have Value! This Won't Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.