Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,571 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? (11969 Views)

See What This Lady Did After Breakup With Her Man ( PHOTO ) / Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by TOPE20001(f): 12:24am On Sep 16, 2009
kellorah:

The decent thing to do is to return it, unless he asks u to keep it.

But if u feel like punishing him, u can throw it in the ocean lol. . . .or carry on rocking it.

Lolz . . . i agree grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by oyinda3(f): 1:15am On Sep 16, 2009
I personally wouldn't give it back. if he demands it by force, i'll sue. lol
i don't need it anymore but i can still sell it and make some change for myself out of it!

@topic
according 2 Judge Judy (u.s.a) d lady has 2 return d ring 2 d guy
dat is if he paid for it. if he takes u 2 court re d ring, u will have 2return it or pay him bk 4 it
that's d law over there n i think it applies everywhere

are u kidding me? lol
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by ob2ce(m): 3:12am On Sep 16, 2009
ceasyc:

@topic
according 2 Judge Judy (u.s.a) d lady has 2 return d ring 2 d guy
dat is if he paid for it. if he takes u 2 court re d ring, u will have 2return it or pay him bk 4 it
that's d law over there n i think it applies everywhere

True talk!!. The ring was exchanged because a marriage was agreed. if the marriage doesn't work out, the ring is to be returned. its a symbol, not just a mere gift.

I would demand for my ring ooo!! because i wouldn't buy a cheap one in the first place!!!
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by adconline(m): 5:55am On Sep 16, 2009
that's  why you  dont really to spend so much money on an  engagement ring in the first place, cos wedding ring makes it signed, sealed and delivered.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by genetokky(m): 6:45am On Sep 16, 2009
who else if not the drainage grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by genetokky(m): 6:47am On Sep 16, 2009
oyinda,are you one of the Latimores in eddy's Nobit
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by saucekid(m): 9:07am On Sep 16, 2009
@ topic
after breakup,if it's a guy, give the ring to ur landlady
if it's a girl, give it to the landlord grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by foyeks2001(f): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2009
denony:

@foyeks2001
Maybe you are sick and needs medical attention  grin
are dialed adict?  shocked

because u are u not making sense at all and maybe the netwaork wasnt there wen u made such a comment nigga
George_D:

@foyeks2001,
do you have to be so mad at everybody? you're beginning to sound like a jilted lover to me, or are you one? grin

because i was so dissapointed in most of ur comments(i mean guys), especially u ( with the likes of aloyemeka, davidlan and etc) that am always envious of ur intelligence.
Me jilted? not at all
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by shilling(f): 9:29am On Sep 16, 2009
As much as I hate to say this, the man should get the ring in the event of a breakup.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by darqly(m): 9:51am On Sep 16, 2009
It the ring was a fugazy, the man won't ask for it grin; So the lady best return it.
But If it was original, the man should ask for it and rightly too- Whether or not the ex decides to give it back is another matter.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by StEdwin(m): 9:53am On Sep 16, 2009
Omo, Engagement ring has to be destroyed if not she fit go dey claim one kind "I'm still in love with you".
Thats is if na you break up sha.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Oluschenco(m): 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2009
Either its given back or kept, the seal has already been broken, keep it in your archive/library/store
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by MissyB1(m): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2009
lexibaba:

gbabe!
big boy ke loju thousands of £$
if its possible sef i'll collect it b4 breaking up if i kno she might destroy or throw it away.
Cheiii!! Laugh WKM. grin grin grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by nnemak(m): 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2009
Break-up or dis-engagement is not so good. Especially to the party been dump. embarassed embarassed
But no matter the issue I think both parties should do it amicably smiley.

I don’t expect the man to ask for his ring back!!!!, but think it’s dignifying if the lady should return it (even if through post office!) cool
But am surprise 95% of the NL babes just want to cash on the ring…lol grin grin grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Valo29: 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2009
Make the babe hail the ring take arrange herself.Return wetin?make him return the #*@$%&* wey him collect before.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by sherrylo: 3:33pm On Sep 16, 2009
Give him back his ring Ole! you never see 18carat ring before?
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2009
no. keep the ring so you can remember me every once in a while. grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by olusd(m): 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2009
you can still keep it in ur bosssom if u still have feeling 4 him. but if not, "da pada"
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by pinokio(m): 9:06pm On Sep 17, 2009
gollum hath no fury like a fiance spurned! besides i wuldn't want my girl bringing her ex's ring into our relationship, naah, wuld make me feel cheap
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Fiona0007: 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2009
Shouldn't it be made clear from the beginning?
So the next time, remember to ask the guy if the ring is now yours for real. cool
Then you can do whatever you like with the ring.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by chic2pimp(m): 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2009
Nah my ring jare. Abi no be me pay for am? undecided

Na by force she go give me back my thing. grin

If she pawns my ring,I go pawn her in return. Abi wetin alaba market dey dia for?  grin cheesy

If she throw am in the river,I go throw am into the river as well ooo  grin grin

Me I no mind if she throw am in my face as long as she give me my ring.

Heck,make she even yab me say I be broke ass nucca I no care ooo. Just give me back my ring. Thats all I ask of her. cool cool cool
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Evawyt: 10:04pm On Sep 17, 2009
I keep the ring as a matter of fact it will not last 24hr with me,i will rather sell it off for money than give it back ,I wouldn't need anything to remind me of him.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by kakaya: 11:20pm On Sep 17, 2009
it happened to me, though i didnt intend to break up but i really was pissed with my man, so i asked him to hold unto the ring till i made up my mind about the issue but he refused it.
Thank God for me, we are now MARRIED,
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Amigoz(f): 1:39am On Sep 18, 2009
Engagement Ring is On condition sad

If the terms is broken in this case a 'break up' - then the ring goes to the person who paid for it cool

Judge Judy's assistant in da hse tongue
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2009
kakaya:

it happened to me, though i didnt intend to break up but i really was pissed with my man, so i asked him to hold unto the ring till i made up my mind about the issue but he refused it.
Thank God for me, we are now MARRIED,

see why it's better to let the lady hold on to the ring? as long as the rings remains with her, you still have a little part in her life and no matter how angry she was with you at first, she may later soften up and have a re-think. now they're married! grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Allta(m): 2:57pm On Sep 18, 2009
Who get's the Ring

Ans: The Pastor/Alpha!!!
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by oval1(f): 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2009
Abeg jare!!!

if the ring get worth,i go sell am, use the money chop nkwobi and isi-ewu and wash it down wit a bottle of red wine wink grin.then go home have a good night rest and hope to meet another guy who will eventually propose wit an even more expensive rock grin grin grin

return ko! take away ni! cheesy tongue
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2009
you wan wash your love down with a bottle of st remmy? grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by nickjj(m): 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2009
l also think the ring should be return.ln the first place,why did she accept the ring when she know it will not work.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2009
better let her keep it. smiley
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by bloodred(f): 3:14pm On Sep 19, 2009
Ideally, if a girl is calling of the engagement, she returns the ring, as a sign that she is no longer interested. Accepting it meant " yes, i will marry u". Returning it means " I no do again oh!"
However, if a guy calls of the engagement, he has no rite to ask for the ring or anyother thing(car, house, education etc) back. Its his loss. He should have thought more before proposing. Breaking an engagement is not a small thing oh. You know how many rings/cars/houses she for don get if not for ur stupid ring on her finger? I will only return it if i can choke him with it.
Shikena!
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by oval1(f): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2009
George_D:

you wan wash your love down with a bottle of st remmy? grin

wether na st remmy or st remo,i go wash the yeye luff commot for my system."behold old thins are pass away and alas i am new again" grin(abeg no vex i no sabi quote bible) embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yes! She Asked Me Out (photos) / Getting A YES After A NO. / My Boyfriend Gives Me 1k.whenever I Visit For Tfare..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.