Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Dele Momodu: "I Don't Care If All Buhari's Appointments Come From Daura" - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu: "I Don't Care If All Buhari's Appointments Come From Daura" (41794 Views)

List Of All Buhari's Appointees Since 2015 Released By Presidency / Picture Of Buhari Shaking Osinbajo Is Best Of All Buhari's Returning Pictures / Buhari Returns From Daura After Sallah Celebration(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Momodu: "I Don't Care If All Buhari's Appointments Come From Daura" by MrGerald(m): 8:38am On Jul 10, 2016
seunmsg:

Did you guys read the article or you just commented based on the title? Dele Momodu is not supporting the president in any way in this piece, he only passed his message by way of sarcasm. Read again and understand the point he's trying to make.
bro that statement is in no way a sarcasm
Re: Dele Momodu: "I Don't Care If All Buhari's Appointments Come From Daura" by anwe: 8:58am On Jul 10, 2016
A presidence have been set. I hope Nigerians will not complain when it's another persons to make all polo all appointment from his village
Re: Dele Momodu: "I Don't Care If All Buhari's Appointments Come From Daura" by Babanews(m): 10:04am On Jul 10, 2016
SeverusSnape:
What a foolish write up by Dele. Just when I thought the man's senses are coming back, he releases another trash filled article.

Nigeria is a multi-ethnic, multi-religious entity, and every body must and should be carried along, Everyone should have a sense of belonging. How can a sane person say the president "can appoint everyone from his town, as long as they are all competent and patriotic", Is Daura or Northern Nigeria the only place patriotic citizens are found??

Would this foolish sycophantic Ass-licker had written this same thing if Jonathan was the one doing this... Fact remains that, Buhari is the most divisive, most bigoted, most parochial and most senseless president this country have gotten since independence.

Your Comment is what is Foolish. You have mentioned Jonathan, so it's easy to see that you are just a wailer making the usual rants that will sound appealing to co-wailers - even though an absolute off-point.

Sense of belonging does not necessarily translate to progress and prosperity. If over the years we have done the same thing and all it gave us is 'lack of progress', I tell you, a reasonable thinking person will shift away from your mind-set type.

As for me, I will focus in what I can contribute to the country to make it great again. My sense of belonging will never lie in 'who is from where'. I believe in unity.

Shade, Jumoke and Tolu representing my children's school in a quiz competition does not take away her sense of belonging to that academy. Haruna, Idris, Buhari representing Nigeria as the only athletes in the sprints will not take away my sense of belonging as an athlete or Nigerian, unless of course I begin to think of me as different from the others.

His opinion is plain simple with analysis. Yours is unnecessary criticism from a wailing point of view. For mentioning Jonathan, we know where you are hurting.
Re: Dele Momodu: "I Don't Care If All Buhari's Appointments Come From Daura" by kutchs: 11:39am On Jul 10, 2016
Babanews:

Your Comment is what is Foolish. You have mentioned Jonathan, so it's easy to see that you are just a wailer making the usual rants that will sound appealing to co-wailers - even though an absolute off-point.

Sense of belonging does not necessarily translate to progress and prosperity. If over the years we have done the same thing and all it gave us is 'lack of progress', I tell you, a reasonable thinking person will shift away from your mind-set type.

As for me, I will focus in what I can contribute to the country to make it great again. My sense of belonging will never lie in 'who is from where'. I believe in unity.

Shade, Jumoke and Tolu representing my children's school in a quiz competition does not take away her sense of belonging to that academy. Haruna, Idris, Buhari representing Nigeria as the only athletes in the sprints will not take away my sense of belonging as an athlete or Nigerian, unless of course I begin to think of me as different from the others.

His opinion is plain simple with analysis. Yours is unnecessary criticism from a wailing point of view. For mentioning Jonathan, we know where you are hurting.
Sense of belonging breeds patriotism and patriotism in most part begets the desire to contribute to national development. A person who feels abandoned, who feels he has no stake in a project won't contribute to it, it's as simple as that.
The unity in which you claim your sense of belonging lies isn't an abstract concept, it's only realized in the actions of men, you don't preach to a man who you neglect and abandon to go with you,it won't work. Unity is a function of justice, fairness and equity, where these basic ingredients are lacking unity takes a flight.

Nigeria is a nation of 36 states and the FCT, a nation of 6 zones, a nation of two braod divisions north and south, a nation of two dominant religions, a nation of over 250 tribes and ethnic groups, a nation so diverse that every president must make conscious effort to carry every one along. Satisfying one group and leaving the others grumbling won't foster national unity.

Nigeria doesn't belong to the north, intact the Muslim north but to all of us. The stake and right the man from Katsina has is the same the man from Delta has. The right Abdullahi and Zainab have is the same Emeka, Adebayo, Boma etc have. If you want them to contribute to national development and unity,you must make them feel belonged.

The analogy with your child's school doesn't make sensei afraid to say. Shade, Tolu and Jumoke werent chosen randomly, they were chosen after some 'test' or 'examination'. They were chosen having met a required standard.

That of the athletics is also an attempt by you to mislead people. In the week just passed, the Nigerian Athletics Federation held a national athletics competition to select athletes to represent Nigeria at the Rio Olympics, no athlete is selected if he doesn't meet a set standard, that's own it works, so nobody will complain if all the athletes come from one state so long as they all meet the requirements.

In the case of Buhari and his appointments, that's not the case. What criteria did he set or his appointees?What test did he conduct to determine that the Muslim north has more qualified, competent and worthy people?
The point people are making is that competent people are to be found in every state of Nigeria and not necessarily the Muslim north.
Re: Dele Momodu: "I Don't Care If All Buhari's Appointments Come From Daura" by ogashman(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nigeria is a multiethnic and bi-religous entity and as such all regions of it should be recognized in govt appointments to ensure equity,ethnic equilibrium and upholding of the federal character principle.
so if dele's sense of reasoning has been beclouded by sentiments and love for pmb then it is really disappointing.
Re: Dele Momodu: "I Don't Care If All Buhari's Appointments Come From Daura" by rolams(m): 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
when will this DELE receive Sense!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibrahim Buba Gayius Jailed For 70 Years / "I Am Here In Nigeria, My Beloved Obidients Come And Get Me" - Reno Omokri / How Tinubu, Oshiomhole And Balarabe Musa Stopped My Defection - Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.