Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember (49189 Views)

Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) / Where Can I Download English Telenovelas? / All Time Nollywood Movies Of The 90s (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by wizywise2013: 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2016
1.What abt no one but u.2 The rich also cry. 3.Maria dey los angelis. 4 The guilt

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by martineverest(m): 11:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
saintdennis:

Chaii guy u carry passions 4 head o lols

Well I only remember simone cos I was in love with her lmao
how i wan take forget passions...it was superb.....the greatest mysery was d the caved bird d contained the secret of everybody in d soap...really missed passions...

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by placeofallure(f): 11:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
Oh! Sweet memories. I was crazy about Secret of the sand- Mr Virginio, Marcus, Ruthina and Rakel, Mr Donatus, Chicken leg and that retard that loves Ruth so much. I remember watching Passions with a passion in the evenings. Every member of the family watched it then, even grandma, I think it was aired on AIT, can't really remember. Then there was one I particularly liked, I've forgotten the name, it was about Izaura the slave girl, does anyone remember? Great TV moments we had then. Thanks OP.

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by slimfresh(m): 11:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
Wondering if anyone here saw SECRETS OF THE SAND

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by ericlove4all: 11:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
0ubenji:
OP..Mechi Onu dia..
The only 90's telenovella here is SECRET OF THE SAND which was aired on sundays then on NTA at 8pm..
U be real lastborn...
Oya prostrate dia b4 I change my mind..

Secret of the sand was Tuesday and Wednesday 7.30pm to 8.30 pm NTA 2 channel 5 - year 1996 and 1997 ( it used to interfere with Uefa Champion league and we got a 2nd TV then cos of it. Escava isaura was aired just before secret of the sand

WILD ROSE replaced NO ONE BUT U which replaced THE RICH ALSO CRY

The rich also cry was in 1993/1994 NTA10 Monday to Friday@7.30 to 8pm it was temporary stopped during the world cup in 1994

No one but you was in 1995 Nta10 BTW 7.30 to 8pm Monday to Friday

Wild Rose was in all NTA channels apart from NTA 2 and was aired at 10 to 10.30pm Monday to Friday 1995/1996 and part of 1997

Lady of the Rose was run the same period of wild rose but was on Saturday and Sunday 10 to 11pm

Others were passion, ...... Rebecca b4 I stopped watching all these

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 10, 2016
Rebecca kept me busy in Jos, Plateau State after my NYSC there in 2007. It was thrilling. My best so far, before recently, Behind Closed Doors.
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by jnrbayano(m): 11:53pm On Jul 10, 2016
omolola15:
This list is not complete. You left out one telenovela my sisters would die for back in the days. Even Mariam my neighbor no dey let person rest back then.

MARIA DE LOS ANGELES... One of the reasons my Saturday is always interesting.

I love passion as well. And also second chance was nice. But it was the last telenovela I saw.

People born in the 90s were too young to have seen Maria De Los Angeles......

2 Likes

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by otswag(m): 11:56pm On Jul 10, 2016
Isaura . Kai! I still remember the background song to this.

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by GuyFawkes: 11:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
ericlove4all:

Secret of the sand was Tuesday and Wednesday 7.30pm to 8.30 pm NTA 2 channel 5 - year 1996 and 1997 ( it used to interfere with Uefa Champion league and we got a 2nd TV then cos of it. Escava isaura was aired just before secret of the sand

WILD ROSE replaced NO ONE BUT U which replaced THE RICH ALSO CRY

The rich also cry was in 1993/1994 NTA10 Monday to Friday@7.30 to 8pm it was temporary stopped during the world cup in 1994

No one but you was in 1995 Nta10 BTW 7.30 to 8pm Monday to Friday

Wild Rose was in all NTA channels apart from NTA 2 and was aired at 10 to 10.30pm Monday to Friday 1995/1996 and part of 1997

Lady of the Rose was run the same period of wild rose but was on Saturday and Sunday 10 to 11pm

Others were passion, ...... Rebecca b4 I stopped watching all these

Wow you got the airing times SPOT ON wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by saintdennis(m): 11:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
martineverest:
how i wan take forget passions...it was superb.....the greatest mysery was d the caved bird d contained the secret of everybody in d soap...really missed passions...

I just googled it, even the Americans didn't finish it. The show got cancelled
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by martineverest(m): 12:01am On Jul 11, 2016
saintdennis:

I just googled it, even the Americans didn't finish it. The show got cancelled
i dont think so...my friendsfinished d story on internet.
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 11, 2016
djraymy:
never heard any of this before
bros dey said in d 90s not 21 century
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by jnrbayano(m): 12:07am On Jul 11, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:
The Rich also Cry cry

People born in the 90s saw this too?
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Kelvin0(m): 12:08am On Jul 11, 2016
omolola15:
This list is not complete. You left out one telenovela my sisters would die for back in the days. Even Mariam my neighbor no dey let person rest back then.

MARIA DE LOS ANGELES... One of the reasons my Saturday is always interesting.

I love passion as well. And also second chance was nice. But it was the last telenovela I saw.

was looking forward to seeing MARIA DE LOS ANGELES in the forefront of that list n was dissapointed wen i couldn't find it. thanx for adding it to the list jor. ya head dey diar

Do u remember, Orquídea Córdoba Escalante the wicked woman who cut off her husbands hand? and that dude who was madly in love with Maria jorge de la Rosa

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by otswag(m): 12:09am On Jul 11, 2016
clow:
Y'all forgot to Mention Sledge Hammer..."Trust Me,I know what I am Doing!!!!
hahaha!!! still remember d soundtrack plus him holding his revolver at d intro of d episodes. no be telenovela sha
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by yungmill(m): 12:10am On Jul 11, 2016
All these were back in the day when we had good soaps not the shallow ones we have today

If only i can get them to watch again

Izaura the slave girl what a show it was

There was one also called camilla a pretty girl on a low cut, didnt finish it though i will go to alaba and look for it
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by jnrbayano(m): 12:10am On Jul 11, 2016
allanphash7:
What about............

.............THE RICH ALSO CRY ?

How can a soap aired in the early 90s watched by the people born at the same period?
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 11, 2016
otswag:
THE RICH ALSO CRY. Kai! I still remember the background song to this.

The picture you showed was from the Brazilian telenovella Escrava Isaura...or the Slave girl Isaura.
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by otswag(m): 12:14am On Jul 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

The picture you showed was from the Brazilian telenovella Escrava Isaura...or the Slave girl Isaura.
yeah! twas a mix up. already rectified it tnx
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by jnrbayano(m): 12:15am On Jul 11, 2016
trademoore1:
before this there was 'no one but you' and 'the rich also cry'
antonio was one of the characters in no one but you.

i was growing up in abuja then before mass statelite tv and people would rush to beat the scanty traffic to get home before 6 pm.

what a time to be alive. tongue

now abuja is like new york embarassed
undecided

"Tu o' nadie" aka No one but you was aired around 1995.......starring Lucia Mendez as Rachael....Andreas Garcia as Antonio

"The rich also cry" starring Mariana and Luis Arberto was aired before Tu o nadie
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Odunharry(m): 12:16am On Jul 11, 2016
Secrets of the sand and passions for me anytime.. Maria d los Angeles also popular
Oh the pretty Whitney , Timi d doll etc
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 11, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Secrets of the sand, miss that one so Much
Passions don't know why it wasn't completed.very interesting soap. embarassed

Second chance another great one.
the concluding episode is on youtube bro.....
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Kelvin0(m): 12:18am On Jul 11, 2016
jnrbayano:

People born in the 90s were too young to have seen Maria De Los Angeles......

Lol, I was born in the 90s n i saw MARIA DE LOS ANGELES. very early 90s though
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by gsparks01(m): 12:19am On Jul 11, 2016
meeky007:
ALL ABOUT CAMILA. EMMANUELLA.
Todo sobre Camila... Scarlet Ortiz is my crush
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by lamideee(f): 12:20am On Jul 11, 2016
Gone are those days.....secret of the sand,wild rose, no one but you,passions,the rich also cry,sledge hammer. Wish I can watch them again
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 11, 2016
girl4rmspace:
Passions is the greatest of them all. And also the most unique with its added supernatural elements..
Yea, you garrit... The supernatural stuffs was quite cool cool.. Back then...

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by chronique(m): 12:22am On Jul 11, 2016
Wanted to ask about santa brabra and the rich also cry but realized the list is for kids born in the 90s...

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by jnrbayano(m): 12:23am On Jul 11, 2016
VictorRomanov:
How many of una here been watch "The Rich Also Cry" and "Izaura"?

" Isaura" aka the slave girl. That Brazilian soap...a good watch back in the days.

The rich also cry too...."and now, here are some scenes of the next episode, of the rich also cry"

Its been a while

You suppose don marry by now! grin
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by crooner: 12:24am On Jul 11, 2016
HERE COMES LIFE-TIME OPPORTUNUTY
Are you a Retiree, Youth corps member(NYSC},
House wife, Job Seeker or Student? Do you desire
an income raise even as a paid employee? I know
that feeling when you're in debt and you use one
"gbese" to cover another....lol. Here comes hope.
I am a Networking Marketing expert and i want to
share my success secret with you. Are you here in
this group and have the following items stated?
1. A BANK ACCOUNT ( Current or Savings)
2. 2 FRIENDS YOU WANT TO HELP
3. N6,600 ($40)?
If you have the above listed items and you want to
take a risk like I did to succeed, put a comment
across in this group and I will show you how to turn
N6,600 to Millions in simple basic steps.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NETWORKING BUT A
VERY SIMPLE ONE TO DO. NO SELLING JUST
SERVICES. NO REJECTION, NO TIME FRAME, NO
AUTOSHIP, NO FAILURE! NO EXPERIENCE IS
NEEDED, NO QUALIFICATION OR SKILL. IT IS
OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL.
This is an opportunity that empowers you so you
can empower others and be happy for the rest of
your life. ( Thank me later, but lets be serious first).
INCENTIVES: CARS, SUV, HOUSE, SCHOLARSHIP,
LOAN, YEARLY BONUS ETC.
If you're not interested, you need not comment at
all. INTERESTED PEOPLE ONLY PLEASE!!!.
WHATSAPP me on :::: 07061120828
E-mail address: ndubuisipeter100@gmail.com
Locations: Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Kwara,
Nasarawa, Anambra, Edo, Abia, Benue, Kogi, Niger,
Akwa Ibom, Imo, Cross River, Ebonyi, Ogun, Delta,
Ogun, Bayelsa, Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna etc
Do not drop your number here for security reasons.
While you're reading jokes and wasting your
precious data and time on Facebook, some other
people are living their lives and dreams. Take heed
now; get serious so you can forge ahead. TAKE A
BOLD STEP TODAY TOWARDS YOUR DREAM. YOU
HAVE DREAMED AND DESIRED ENOUGH. ONLY
ACTION BACKED BY REAL ZEAL PAYS OFF.
MAY THE ECONOMIC MELTDOWN NOT AFFECT YOU.
[this dollar increase no be here lol...]
Whatsapp +2347061120828

Pls don't add me if you are not interested: I dnot have time for idle or chit chat. Add only if you are serious and interested
whatsapp: +2347061120828
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by jnrbayano(m): 12:25am On Jul 11, 2016
VictorRomanov:
How many of una here been watch "The Rich Also Cry" and "Izaura"

You suppose don marry by now! grin

"Isaura" aka the slave girl. That Brazilian soap...a good watch back in the days.

The rich also cry too...."and now, here are some scenes of the next episode, of the rich also cry"

Its been a while

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by jnrbayano(m): 12:28am On Jul 11, 2016
Kelvin0:

Lol, I was born in the 90s n i saw MARIA DE LOS ANGELES. very early 90s though

That soap was aired around 1996.....that made you compulsorily under 6 at that time...

How a below 6year old followed a soap is strange to me. smiley
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:29am On Jul 11, 2016
missKiffy:
3. Passions
Passions is an American soap opera which follows the lives and loves, and various romantic and paranormal adventures of the residents of Harmony. The story-lines center on the interactions among members of its multi-racial core families.
Wow op you took me down Memory Lane, I have been smiling since I saw this thread. Memories of these soaps rushed in except the first one sha can't remember seeing that, but when you're mine and passions were my favourite, I miss those complicated love scenes between Diego and Paloma, Soledad and the crazy Sanchez Serrano family (mehn dem get craze and different characters for their family starting with the three Sanchez Serrano witches( Angela, Barbara and Berenice) Fabian, grandma Ines, Daniella, Diane and all that, I miss that show die. Then Catalina and Sebastian came at the right time when I was missing Cuando seas mia, it came as a consolation, I remember that wanna be mother of Catalina who wants to feel among. Ait no finish passions I think the show for cancelled at some points, I love the soap opera because all of them had one secrets or the other and I love the song die cheesy but I don't really know the lyrics from the beginning again, I love that part in the song that says "you're the fire burning inside of me, you're my passions for life". I miss Tabitha and Timmy and also charity and her love interest can't seem to remember the name anymore but I think it's Miguel. Gardener's daughter no too dey there jare but I sha watch am finish because my grandma loved it her favourite characters was Luisa Fernanda and Carlos Eduardo (na them two be main protagonist after all grin) and also Second chance too was also not it for me but I watched to the end because grandma loved it also. Ha! I don watch TV very well before no be now wey be say light no dey like before again cry . And now all those telenovela don tire me to watch, it just creates a picture of love that doesn't seem to exist (I stand to be corrected) in Nigeria and they are almost the same plot, two antagonists, numerous protagonists or a protagonist as the case maybe who wouldn't want them to be together and then at the end love supersedes all with the exception of a few like someone is watching, Behind closed doors and where is Elisa that has a different plot sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Housemates Get Almost Equal Votes On Online Polls As Voting Closes / Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? / BBNaija: Chidi Mike To Give Erica N2M Cash After Disqualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.