Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? (34732 Views)

60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response / Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? / Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by TV01(m): 11:28pm On Jul 22, 2016
Mindfulness:
embarassed
Response so dumb the spambot rejected it grin grin grin grin grin!

TV

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2016
Someone has been banned. And it wasn't because of the spambot. wink
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

Germany's daughters are much safer than Nigerian daughters. Germany's daughters are not being victim-shamed for the wrong-doings of their perpetrators. Germany keeps proper records. Can you say the same about Nigeria?

Na now I know say dem suppose chain you keep for one dark room somewhere.

Let me say this, millions of Nigerian women would much rather live in Germany. Can you say the same about German women? Would they want to live in Nigeria? grin

So, the plan is to destroy Germany so Nigerian women no longer find it attractive to desire migration? Your comment is all over the place. We say women in Germany are under attack, your response is to claim that Nigerian women are under worse attack. Are you ok at all?

And I will do nothing to improve electricity because I enjoy 24/7 stable power supply on European soil where TV wouldn't dare to say that females are not qualified to be leaders in difficult times. grin

*sighs

By the way, did you know that Germany is going through an energy system transformation towards renewable energies that they will sell to the world like they always do? And all this even though they have a female leader? They are transforming and modernizing the system that you still struggle to establish.

Wow. This has eliminated the problems brought on by refugees. Why didn't you just say that before? So, will this renewable energy be used in electrocuting errant refugees? Please, explain how the government intends to employ all this energy in dealing with the migrant crisis.

You will always follow while they are leading. You are too scared of progress to ever have a better position in geopolitics. Enemies of progress fighting their own women instead of making life worth living for their families.

You are a Nigerian and you don't know how unfortunate you sound. Is your father not Nigerian or your mother? How come they chose to tuck tail and run to Europe for a better life? The difference between you and someone who has never left the shores of Nigeria is the good fortune of your migrant status. You have done nothing to make Europe the powerhouse it is today. If you died today you would not be missed by society, just your small circle of friends and family. You're nothing in the scheme of things. So, the next time you want to mouth off about how bad Nigeria is, take some time to apply your brain and think of what your family has contributed to actually make Nigeria better. If your clan have done nothing, hold your head in shame

If your forebears had any sense, they would stay back and work till Nigeria works. How much better are your ancestors than the Dangotes and Adenugas of Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 23, 2016
So Mindfulness, abi na SiestaFiesta, what's your take on this?

A mob of asylum seekers from Afghanistan assaulted three teenage girls at a shopping center in the northern German city of Kiel. The attack — which occurred over two-hours on the evening of February 25, and mirrored the mass assaults of German women in Cologne on New Year's Eve — shows, once again, that public spaces in Germany are becoming increasingly perilous for women and children.

Police reports show that sexual violence in Germany has skyrocketed since Chancellor Angela Merkel allowed more than one million mostly male migrants from Africa, Asia and the Middle East into the country. But the crimes are being played down by German authorities, apparently to avoid fueling anti-immigration sentiments.

Police in Kiel say the assault began at around 5:30 pm, when two Afghan males (aged 19 and 26) began stalking and photographing three girls (aged 15, 16 and 17) at a food court in the Sophienhof, a large shopping center near the city's central train station.

After posting photographs of the girls on social media, the two men were quickly joined by at least 30 other migrants who began collectively to harass the girls in a Muslim "rape game" known in Arabic as "taharrush" ( al-taharrush al-jinsi , Arabic for "sexual harassment"wink.

When police arrived, the migrants, rather than running way, began verbally and physically abusing the officers, some of whom were injured. It took police two hours to restore order. The initial two perpetrators, asylum seekers from Afghanistan, were arrested; the other migrants involved in the incident remain at large.

At a news conference on February 27, police spokesman Oliver Pohl revealed that more women are now coming forward to report similar experiences at the Sophienhof.

The owner of a restaurant at the mall said :
"Groups of young men gather at the Sophienhof every evening. What they do here is unacceptable. The moment they see a young woman wearing a skirt or any type of loose clothing, they believe they have a free pass. It is about time migrants are made to understand: things in Germany function differently than in their home countries.

Aww, how touching.

Source: http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7557/germany-rape-migrants-crisis
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 23, 2016
Timbuktou:

Na now I know say dem suppose chain you keep for one dark room somewhere.

So, the plan is to destroy Germany so Nigerian women no longer find it attractive to desire migration? Your comment is all over the place. We say women in Germany are under attack, your response is to claim that Nigerian women are under worse attack. Are you ok at all?

*sighs

Wow. This has eliminated the problems brought on by refugees. Why didn't you just say that before? So, will this renewable energy be used in electrocuting errant refugees? Please, explain how the government intends to employ all this energy in dealing with the migrant crisis.

You are a Nigerian and you don't know how unfortunate you sound. Is your father not Nigerian or your mother? How come they chose to tuck tail and run to Europe for a better life? The difference between you and someone who has never left the shores of Nigeria is the good fortune of your migrant status. You have done nothing to make Europe the powerhouse it is today. If you died today you would not be misses by society, just your small circle of friends and family. You're nothing in the scheme of things. So, the next time you want to mouth of about how bad Nigeria is, take some time to apply your brain and think of what your family has contributed to actually make Nigeria better. If your clan have done nothing, hold you head in shame

If your foreberas had any sense, they woukd stay back and work till Nigeria works. How much better are your ancestors than the Dangotes and Adenugas of Nigeria?
Fact

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 9:01am On Jul 23, 2016
Timbuktou:

Aww, how touching.

I will respond as soon as they unban me.
The coward couldn't stand the embarrassment he was given.

Such a mumu.
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2016
SiestaFiesta:

I will respond as soon as they unban me.
The coward couldn't stand the embarrassment he was given.

Such a mumu.

Stop talking like a menopausal woman whose left nippple is being sucked by a baby goat. What stops you from responding with this moniker. You think I woke up to come and sleep on nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by crackhaus: 11:23am On Jul 23, 2016
Timbuktou:

You are a Nigerian and you don't know how unfortunate you sound. Is your father not Nigerian or your mother? How come they chose to tuck tail and run to Europe for a better life? The difference between you and someone who has never left the shores of Nigeria is the good fortune of your migrant status. You have done nothing to make Europe the powerhouse it is today. If you died today you would not be missed by society, just your small circle of friends and family. You're nothing in the scheme of things. So, the next time you want to mouth off about how bad Nigeria is, take some time to apply your brain and think of what your family has contributed to actually make Nigeria better. If your clan have done nothing, hold your head in shame

If your forebears had any sense, they would stay back and work till Nigeria works. How much better are your ancestors than the Dangotes and Adenugas of Nigeria?
Lol.. gringrin

Forgive her - It's just how most diasporans condescend when talking about their birth country, nothing new. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 23, 2016
crackhaus:

Lol.. gringrin

Forgive her - It's just how most diasporans condescend when talking about their birth country, nothing new. cheesy

njokusboy:

Fact

I don't understand how these people can't see it. You've left your home in ruins and you're bragging and feeling pompous about the good quality of someone else's home. This level of cognitive dissonance is interesting.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2016
Timbuktou:

Stop talking like a menopausal woman whose left nippple is being sucked by a baby goat. What stops you from responding with this moniker. You think I woke up to come and sleep on nairaland?

Stop talking like a man with a radiation-induced erectile dysfunction. grin

I will come back and respond when I am unbanned before cowards ban this moniker too.

Don't worry, your free education will be given to you. Make sure you are fit and ready and capable of processing all the information that was retained from you by your semi.literate teachers.
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 11:56am On Jul 23, 2016
Timbuktou:

I don't understand how these people can't see it. You've left your home in ruins and you're bragging and feeling pompous about the good quality of someone else's home. This level of cognitive dissonance is interesting.

I was born to a Nigerian and non-Nigerian parent and Europe is my home. wink

You are AGAIN talking about something you know nothing about. I am not surprised.
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
Timbuktou:

Aww, how touching.

Is Notorious Islamophobic Think Tank Inspiring More Far-Right Terrorism?
More worrying is the prestige that the Gatestone Institute seems to be able to flaunt along with its considerable resources.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/notorious-islamophobic-think-tank-inspiring-more-far-right-terrorism

The Gatestone Institute publishes articles by a number of prominent right wing, neoconservative, Zionist and counter-jihad individuals and organisations and promotes them at exclusive speaking events, often in New York City.

http://powerbase.info/index.php/Gatestone_Institute

The Gatestone Institute is a New York-based advocacy organization that is tied to neoconservative and other right-wing networks in the United States and Europe.[1] Chaired by John Bolton, a former Bush administration diplomat and a conservative foreign policy hardliner, Gatestone is a clearinghouse for right-wing commentaries on national security, the Middle East, and Islam, as well as a convener of high-dollar events on security and energy issues. It is an offshoot of the neoconservative Hudson Institute.

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/gatestone_institute/

So much for your choice of un-biased media. grin

Say 'Thank you, ma'.

BY THE WAY,

the perpetrator of yesterday's shootings in Munich wasn't an Islamist but a young boy suffering from depression and a person who was bullied at school and whose role models were previous spree killers?

But all of you were sure it must be an Islamist before the police even got him? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by crackhaus: 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
Timbuktou:

Superiority complex.

Although I don't know if Mindfulness has ever really lived in Nigeria, which is the only reason I give her a pass anytime she starts feeling funky cheesy

If you've noticed, you would understand that diasporans who live/lived a well-above average life in Nigeria hardly ever talk smack...it's the suffering-and-smiling kind that found the good fortune to escape their financial situation, that usually condescend.... Superiority Complex! gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
The funniest statement ever coming from someone who is a self-proclaimed expert of Christianity and who pretends that he understands politics. cheesy

TV01:

Christians do not seek political power or earthly kingdoms.

TV

Christian Democratic Parties:

Greece: The Christian Democratic Party of the Overthrow (Greek: Χριστιανοδημοκρατικό Κόμμα Ανατροπής)
Italy: Christian Democracy (Italian: Democrazia Cristiana, DC)
Austria: The Austrian People's Party (German: Österreichische Volkspartei, ÖVP)
Sweden: The Christian Democrats (Swedish: Kristdemokraterna, KD)
Portugal: The CDS – People's Party (Portuguese: CDS – Partido Popular, derived from Centro Democrático e Social – Partido Popular, CDS-PP)
Netherlands: The Christian Democratic Appeal (Dutch: Christen-Democratisch Appèl)

And the best at the end:

Germany, Angela Merkel's party grin grin grin grin grin

The Christian Democratic Union of Germany (German: Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands, CDU)

Ban me, I will come back and post it over and over again. I have copied and pasted it. It's just a few clicks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
crackhaus:

Superiority complex.

Although I don't know if Mindfulness has ever really lived in Nigeria, which is the only reason I give her a pass anytime she starts feeling funky cheesy

If you've noticed, you would understand that diasporans who live/lived a well-above average life in Nigeria hardly ever talk smack...it's the suffering-and-smiling kind that found the good fortune to escape their financial situation, that usually condescend.... Superiority Complex! gringrin

You are good, I have a huge superiority complex and your friends here are making it bigger and bigger. I enjoy it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by crackhaus: 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
SiestaFiesta:

You are good, I have a huge superiority complex and your friends here are making it bigger and bigger. I enjoy it. cheesy

Didn't you see where I said I give you a pass? cheesy

But if the shoe fits, by all means wear it oo...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
crackhaus:

Didn't you see where I said I give you a pass? cheesy

But if the shoe fits, by all means wear it oo...

It does fit perfectly well. I have a superior intellect relative to that of your e-friends and we both know it. cheesygrin

And for your information, I love Nigerians but definitely not the way that country has been run down by male leaders.

Crackhaus, are you still claiming that there is no gender discrimination after your mate here said that women are not capable of running countries for the simple reason that they are women? cheesy

And if an institution is run by such men, what do we call it? Institutional discrimination, aight? Will they give a woman a chance based on her qualities or will they discriminate her for the simple reason that she is a woman?

Diaris God oooooo cheesy

And he had the audacity to say it after a woman has exposed his ignorance to the point that he didn't know how to help himself but have her banned so that her sharp comments would be hidden and his embarrassment along with it. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
SiestaFiesta:

Stop talking like a man with a radiation-induced erectile dysfunction. grin

I will come back and respond when I am unbanned before cowards ban this moniker too.

Don't worry, your free education will be given to you. Make sure you are fit and ready and capable of processing all the information that was retained from you by your semi.literate teachers.

Your allusion to my penile prowess is evidence of your lack of a proper dicking. I would offer but I'm rathet particular about my gifts.

You have posted three replies but not a refutation of my comments. Go see a doctor. You need nutrients.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
Timbuktou:

Your allusion to my penile prowess is evidence of your lack of a proper dicking. I would offer but I'm rathet particular about my gifts.

You complain after alluding to menopause and nip.ples? grin

You have posted three replies but not a refutation of my comments. Go see a doctor. You need nutrients.

Are you still claiming that you know how to choose unbiased media after you have chosen to post an article from a right-wing organization? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by crackhaus: 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
SiestaFiesta:

It does fit perfectly well. I have a superior intellect relative to that of your e-friends and we both know it. cheesygrin
Lol, ohh so it fits huh? cheesy

You mean you're are among the many suffering-and-smiling Nigerians that found the good fortune to escape their financial situation? gringrin
Interesting...

Superior intellect? Can't quite agree on that.
However, you do know how to make your way around an argument even when you've been beat...so yea, it requires a certain level of smarts to do that.

And for your information, I love Nigerians but definitely not the way that country has been run down by male leaders.
So it's more about the males who ran down the country than on the running-down itself.
Meaning you hold the opinion that females can run a country better - you're exposing your anti-male sentiments again.

Well Nigeria will be due for a female president soon, the problem is that even you women will not vote for her - Mrs. Sarah Jibril tried and got just one vote in the PDP primaries, and that was probably her voting for herself.
Remember there were lots of women present in that convention. cheesy

That's the reason most of us don't take y'all seriously in your fight for women empowerment because when it comes down to the point, most Nigerian women don't even like or support each other. gringrin

Crackhaus, are you still claiming that there is no gender discrimination after your mate here said that women are not capable of running countries for the simple reason that they are women? cheesy

And if an institution is run by such men, what do we call it? Institutional discrimination, aight? Will they give a woman a chance based on her qualities or will they discriminate her for the simple reason that she is a woman?

Diaris God oooooo cheesy
Babe, gender discrimination is still everywhere...even in your beloved west - all they did was create laws to moderate and regulate it.

As for running countries, I don't believe the gender of the Commander-in-Chief has anything to do with how successful/unsuccessful an elected administration turns out.

And he had the audacity to say it after a woman has exposed his ignorance to the point that he didn't know how to help himself but have her banned so that her sharp comments would be hidden and his embarrassment along with it. grin

You don't know this. wink
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by TV01(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
SiestaFiesta:
The funniest statement ever coming from someone who is a self-proclaimed expert of Christianity and who pretends that he understands politics. cheesy

Christian Democratic Parties:

Greece: The Christian Democratic Party of the Overthrow (Greek: Χριστιανοδημοκρατικό Κόμμα Ανατροπής)
Italy: Christian Democracy (Italian: Democrazia Cristiana, DC)
Austria: The Austrian People's Party (German: Österreichische Volkspartei, ÖVP)
Sweden: The Christian Democrats (Swedish: Kristdemokraterna, KD)
Portugal: The CDS – People's Party (Portuguese: CDS – Partido Popular, derived from Centro Democrático e Social – Partido Popular, CDS-PP)
Netherlands: The Christian Democratic Appeal (Dutch: Christen-Democratisch Appèl)

And the best at the end:

Germany, Angela Merkel's party grin grin grin grin grin

The Christian Democratic Union of Germany (German: Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands, CDU)

Ban me, I will come back and post it over and over again. I have copied and pasted it. It's just a few clicks.
Incorporating Christianity into a title is something anyone can do. Britney Spears and Beyonce all portrayed themselves as "Christian" at the beginning of their careers. There are even self-styled "christian porn" and christian swingers clubs"

Politically these entities would have been attempting to appeal to the historical "Christian values" of the country, not necessarily the "Christian faith". They would not have campaigned to introduce Christian doctrine as law.

- Which biblical principles are any of these parties committed to passing into law?
- Which biblical principles have they made into laws?

Is Angela Merkel of the CDU a practicing Christian? Was OBJ a self-proclaimed Christian, Christian in his rule of Nigeria?

I repeat, there is no scriptural writ for Christians to chase after political power or control in the world today. If you truly understand the scriptures you will appreciate that even if they "seemingly" successfully do so, it avails them (as Christians), nor the Kingdom of heaven anything.

Christianity is not in the labeling. Happy to provide further scriptural insight grin.

TV

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
SiestaFiesta:

You complain after alluding to menopause and nip.ples? grin

Are you still claiming that you know how to choose unbiased media after you have chosen to post an article from a right-wing organization? grin

A complaint and an observation are different things.

Very much so. If a right-wing paper supports my claims I will quote them so will I a left wing news outlet. Just because they are right-wing doesn't mean they're wrong. But you wouldn't know that would you?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
Timbuktou:

A complaint and an observation are different things.

Very much so. If a right-wing paper supports my claims I will quote them so will I a left wing news outlet. Just because they are right-wing doesn't mean they're wrong. But you wouldn't know that would you?

I thought you were using un-biased sources? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2016
TV01:

Incorporating Christianity into a title is something anyone can do. Britney Spears and Beyonce all portrayed themselves as "Christian" at the beginning of their careers. There are even self-styled "christian porn" and christian swingers clubs"

Politically these entities would have been attempting to appeal to the historical "Christian values" of the country, not necessarily the "Christian faith". They would not have campaigned to introduce Christian doctrine as law.

- Which biblical principles are any of these parties committed to passing into law?
- Which biblical principles have they made into laws?

Is Angela Merkel of the CDU a practicing Christian? Was OBJ a self-proclaimed Christian, Christian in his rule of Nigeria?

I repeat, there is no scriptural writ for Christians to chase after political power or control in the world today. If you truly understand the scriptures you will appreciate that even if they "seemingly" successfully do so, it avails them (as Christians), nor the Kingdom of heaven anything.

Christianity is not in the labeling. Happy to provide further scriptural insight grin.

TV

So Christians do seek political power and have been seeking earthly kingdoms after all? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
crackhaus:

Lol, ohh so it fits huh? cheesy

You mean you're are among the many suffering-and-smiling Nigerians that found the good fortune to escape their financial situation? gringrin
Interesting...

I have never known poverty. wink

Superior intellect? Can't quite agree on that.
However, you do know how to make your way around an argument even when you've been beat...so yea, it requires a certain level of smarts to do that.

Very diplomatic. cheesy

So it's more about the males who ran down the country than on the running-down itself.
Meaning you hold the opinion that females can run a country better.

No, I hold the opinion that it is not about gender but qualifications and character.

Well Nigeria will be due for a female president soon, the problem is that even you women will not vote for her - Mrs. Sarah Jibril tried and got just one vote in the PDP primaries, and that was probably her voting for herself.
Remember there were lots of women present in that convention. cheesy

Smart people don't vote for people because they are male or female, black or white but based on their political agenda.

That's the reason most of us don't take y'all seriously in your fight for women empowerment because when it comes down to the point, most Nigerian women don't even like or support each other. gringrin

Nigerian women don't like each other? Tell me more about it.

Babe, gender discrimination is still everywhere...even in your beloved west - all they did was create laws to moderate and regulate it.

I have the feeling that you are an undercover feminist. shocked
ROFL grin

As for running countries, I don't believe the gender of the Commander-in-Chief has anything to do with how successful an elected administration turns out.

I think I love you. grin

You don't know this. wink

I do.
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
SiestaFiesta:

I thought you were using un-biased sources? grin

I given attention to and recommend factual news reporting which the left is increasingly bereft of.

Do you claim that the Gateson Institute lied in their report?

How about you process the message before discrediting it?

Are you saying that it's a lie that Arab migrants are committing crimes with impunity in Europe?
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by TV01(m): 1:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
SiestaFiesta:

So Christians do seek political power and have been seeking earthly kingdoms after all? grin

Is Angela Merkel a christian? And earthly kingdoms are given by? Whatever you think of your own intellect, you can never see more than the purely physical at best.

TV

Matthew 4:8-9: Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.

Luke 4:5-7 (is the comparative passage):5 Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him[d] all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.”

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 1:11pm On Jul 23, 2016
TV01

Deuteronomy 17:14-15

“When you come to the land that the Lord your God is giving you, and you possess it and dwell in it and then say, ‘I will set a king over me, like all the nations that are around me,’ you may indeed set a king over you whom the Lord your God will choose. One from among your brothers you shall set as king over you. You may not put a foreigner over you, who is not your brother."

A monarchy is not a political system, is it? grin

1 Peter 2:13-17

"Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor."

No politics in the Christian Bible? grin

Do you even know what politics are? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
TV01:

Is Angela Merkel a christian? And earthly kingdoms are given by? Whatever you think of your own intellect, you can never see more than the purely physical at best.

TV

"Religion played a key role in Angela Merkel's migration to East Germany. Her father was born a Catholic, but the Kasner family eventually converted to Lutheranism,[24] and he studied Lutheran theology in Heidelberg and afterwards in Hamburg. In 1954, Angela's father received a pastorate at the church in Quitzow (a quarter of Perleberg in Brandenburg), which was then in East Germany, and so the family moved to Templin. Merkel thus grew up in the countryside 80 km (50 mi) north of East Berlin."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Merkel#Early_life_and_education

Merkel is a Christian and her father was a pastor. wink

"The CDU applying the principles of Christian democracy and emphasising the "Christian understanding of humans and their responsibility toward God."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Democratic_Union_of_Germany#Party_platform

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2016
Timbuktou:

I given attention to and recommend factual news reporting which the left is increasingly bereft of.

Do you claim that the Gateson Institute lied in their report?

How about you read up on what propaganda is? People like you fall for it very easily.

How about you process the message before discrediting it?

Are you saying that it's a lie that Arab migrants are committing crimes with impunity in Europe?

So what if they are? Are other nationalities not committing crimes? Are natives not committing crimes? More of them than not have been peacefully co-existing with Europeans for decades. This is the reality.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by crackhaus: 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
SiestaFiesta:

I have never known poverty. wink
Happy for you.

Very diplomatic. cheesy

No, I hold the opinion that it is not about gender but qualifications and character.

Smart people don't vote for people because they are male or female, black or white but based on their political agenda.
Lol, obviously you don't have one single political bone in you - how do you separate political agenda from personal preferences?

Do you think Barack Obama became president because he was the best candidate? cheesy

Anyway, let's not deflect ...

Nigerian women don't like each other? Tell me more about it.
Not in the sense that they hate each other...but put two strange women in a room alone together, they would first go about sizing each other up and may end up not having a conversation for the first 30minutes.

Again, let's not deflect...

I have the feeling that you are an undercover feminist. shocked
ROFL grin
I would kill myself before that would happen. gringrin

I think I love you. grin
Get in line and take a number. cool

I do.
You don't.

Unless you're willing to tell me how you know it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control / HANGING OUT WITH OUR KIDS / My Serial Cheating Husband Keeps Begging For Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.