Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light (20812 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu ‘Shuts Down’ Abakaliki - Premium Times / Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting / Shell's Major TNP Pipeline Carrying Bonny Light Crude Shut Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by mapet: 12:02am On Jul 12, 2016
Meanwhile, to the reasonable ones, this is a simple case of deferment, and not an outright loss. Deferment in Oil and Gas mean a delay in production, operation or sales. It could be planned or unplanned or accidental. This is a case of unplanned deferment. That is why Shell have written to all users of the pipeline.

When deferments like these happens, participants simply pump the crude into large storage tanks on their production facilities. When the pipeline is fixed, them you "ship" the crude. Hence you still get to sell same.
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by ancientbanana: 12:03am On Jul 12, 2016
iyobosadavid:
what do you knw abt govt? all this secondary school teenage student wey full this nairaland self. Oloshi
I knw am older than ur father n mother. So keep fooling around.
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by MakeWeTalk: 12:19am On Jul 12, 2016
Buhari is a mistake to everybody!
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by DedeNkem: 12:30am On Jul 12, 2016
Whether Shell-nigeria shuts or not, no difference. Nigeria's wealth is in the hands of the few, mostly northern thieves!

3 Likes

Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by truthspeaks: 12:31am On Jul 12, 2016
Actually it wasn't buhari. Blame Tinubu for d packaged campaign lies he sold to nigerians.
yrret:
Buhari must have been a good MC to have lured everyone to this raging hardship with his honey tongue.

May the gods of Amadioha bless him for his sins.

Please, what will it cost me to travel to Gambia? Even ghost for Nigeria dey complain.
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by Laid2001: 12:45am On Jul 12, 2016
You are only partly correct,
In the case of TNP, there is no storing in any storage since storage is at Bonny and crude gets to Bonny through the TNP!. hence when TNP is down, you are out of production.
It is still deferment but you are permanently deferred!!. No catch up. You will eventually produce the crude but at a later date and the money is not useful to you when you need it!!

mapet:
Meanwhile, to the reasonable ones, this is a simple case of deferment, and not an outright loss. Deferment in Oil and Gas mean a delay in production, operation or sales. It could be planned or unplanned or accidental. This is a case of unplanned deferment. That is why Shell have written to all users of the pipeline.

When deferments like these happens, participants simply pump the crude into large storage tanks on their production facilities. When the pipeline is fixed, them you "ship" the crude. Hence you still get to sell same.
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by fundrex: 12:48am On Jul 12, 2016
Offers Financial Assistance
Are you having Financial Constraints ,or you do not have Funds to settle your Bills and Debts, Bother no more for the solution is here, We provide quick Loans at a very minimum and Affordable Interest Rate of 3%.
Contact me via Email: loans.fundrexfinance@gmail.com
Best regards,
Management
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by Nawa4nl: 12:50am On Jul 12, 2016
DedeNkem:
Whether Shell-nigeria shuts or not, no difference. Nigeria's wealth is the hands of the few, mostly northern thieves!

No mind those Northern Leeches!

We in the South-South and our allies the South-East have had enough.

3 Likes

Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by zeefa: 1:45am On Jul 12, 2016
joeprince23:
i am a resident of bony town and believe me the standard of living in bony has deterioted since buhari became the president,even electricity in and around hospital road and the whole of finima is now epileptic,only NLNG get light. Shell(SPDC) don relocated many of our colleages... Buhari don make oil workers begin feel hardship,even me i no dey spend every weekend for PH again. SHAME ON BUHARI
Like seriously! Are u apportioning the blame on the president right now? Why can't u see through the right eyes instead of your anus. At least that could help u see how the saboteurs kept on destroying the pipelines. As per the light within bony. NLNG supplies the gas, to power the GTG. And I know they must have been affected one way or the other! As per your comments on oil workers, things could only work better if things are fine. We need to pray for our govt and take caution on our view on the mess perpetrated by d avengers.

2 Likes

Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by shellman: 1:45am On Jul 12, 2016
temptnow:
Buhari is here to destroy this country.
Better.understand the fact that we are now reaping.whirlwind as a result of the wind sown ny.Jonathan &co in his efforts to.destroy our economy. Simple https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=137942699923649&id=100011237597206&set=a.137942759923643.1073741827.100011237597206&source=44&refid=17
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by Bom4Real: 2:17am On Jul 12, 2016
buhari is the greatest threat and danger Nigeria has at the Moment
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by Nobody: 2:36am On Jul 12, 2016
iyobosadavid:
is it all about my mum or dad? atleast I still have mum and dad, rest in peace to your parence And kudos to them for bringing a Cuckoo to this world. spits on there grave. what a shame to them and ther generations

See upper cut! Ancientbanana, we are sorry ur parents are not alive. For you to be that old, your parents are expected to be dead. Take heart!
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by olumiteauga(m): 3:08am On Jul 12, 2016
yrret:
Buhari must have been a good MC to have lured everyone to this raging hardship with his honey tongue.

Please, what will it cost me to travel to Gambia? Even ghost for Nigeria dey complain.
. Must we blame our president for every thing
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by porka: 3:20am On Jul 12, 2016
mapet:
It is not only hatred that is the problem of many of you, but idiocy, bigotry and illiteracy. First off, you never read, even if it is smacked on your faces, secondly you hardly comprehend and shameless to accept that you're limited in some areas. Instead of to jejely use google to cover your shame, you shameless let loose your canons of ineptitude and ignorance

Ok Wailers, let's make it easy for you fools. Buhari, why are you creating hardship to shell, forcing them to carry out corrective maintenace on a leaky pipeline? Don't you know that wailers will prefer that spillage should occur and destroy their lands, causing loss of revenue and chaos in ND?

Please give us something more genuine.

What you posted seems to be a different one.

Your Vanguard reference says June 10. Reuters' referred to yesterday, Monday July 11.

Give us something more believable, we are all concerned.
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by bishop4life(m): 3:23am On Jul 12, 2016
The only good side of this present government is that people no longer eat in their dream. Even witches and wizards are down on resources.
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by 41lady(m): 4:34am On Jul 12, 2016
bluaero:
Can someone call that deaf dolt in Aso rock and remind him of his job description? undecided
The problem in Naija is that most heads don't know theirs and their subordinate job description, always doing the job not assigned to them while leaving their own responsibilities. A good example is Buhari.
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by lastpage: 4:38am On Jul 12, 2016
joeprince23:
i am a resident of bony town and believe me[b] the standard of living in bony has deterioted since buhari became the president,even electricity in and around hospital road and the whole of finima is now epileptic,[/b]only NLNG get light. Shell(SPDC) don relocated many of our colleages... Buhari don make oil workers begin feel hardship,even me i no dey spend every weekend for PH again. SHAME ON BUHARI

STFU bro.

Is it Buhari that is destroying the Oil & gas infrastructure?

On dont you know that destroying those facilities contributes to the blackout you are experiencing?

You be real Oil worker! Too much Oil in ya brain! undecided grin grin

yeye dey smell

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by DumDum13656: 5:33am On Jul 12, 2016
bluaero:
Can someone call that deaf dolt in Aso rock and remind him of his job description? undecided

his job description is only appointment of Northerners
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by Alezy(m): 5:38am On Jul 12, 2016
yrret:

NO travel oh.....u should ask how he convinced all of u to vote for him.
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:53am On Jul 12, 2016
IDnoble1:

Talk to your brothers avenging for you,pls

Whose job is it to stop them from avenging?
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by maxzzo1(m): 6:02am On Jul 12, 2016
Deen77:

Just to tell you because you mention India. Our problems is crash of crude oil prices globally, you can see Jonathan borrowing to pay salaries in 2015. If our past leader (PDP) build a refinery and stop importation of petroleum products to run our economy wasting our forex and paying subsidies for what we can refine locally. Today Nigeria will not be suffering from dollar scarcity, because we will not need dollar to finance importation of petroleum, the little dollar from crude will be okay.

https://www.nairaland.com/3016147/flash-back-okonjos-excuse-borrowing
You lie d govt has no focus, no novel idea....
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by Nellybii: 6:30am On Jul 12, 2016
iyobosadavid:
what do you knw abt govt? all this secondary school teenage student wey full this nairaland self. Oloshi

Honestly I stopped commenting on nairaland and I know a lot of people that also stopped including the ones In introduced and helped create their nairaland profiles. This is all due to the magnitude of display of stupidity and illiteracy on this forum. So many kids here just typing rubbish. Let the mods continue to turn a blind eye. Sometimes I feel these touts on nairaland are payed to annoy and spark off arguments or draw attention to attract normal people to comment. What a shame!!
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 12, 2016
if dem like, make dem kukuma pack up and go self,na we all go suffer am,if I bring the ingredients to make a pot of soup and because you are the one that owns the fire wood and cooked the food,you refuse to give me my fair share,I will kukuma throw way the soup, we all go dey hunger, simple, before you quote me,better make sense else my signature will apply to you
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by Ovaiegbe(m): 6:37am On Jul 12, 2016
IDnoble1:

Talk to your brothers avenging for you,pls
See uninformed specimen of Nigerian idiocy. Whoever told you all oil workers are from Niger Delta? Why are they packing out if they are from there? Let PMB solve the issues and leave the people alone. You who advice him to ignore the region will soon discover you ignored it to your own detriment.
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by bilazego(m): 7:02am On Jul 12, 2016
pumpingmachine:
You guys are quick to blame Buhari but not saying anything about the Avengers that are blowing up pipelines. Even as you complain of hardships, you are secretly happy with the "We told you Buhari is bad" rhetoric. When all is said and done, no one is living this country, we are all in this together. Let's put sentiments aside and start wishing this country well.

I pray God will help the president to stir the ship of this nation in the right direction.

When we wished the country well, what was the wish of those up north aided by the current CEO at Aso rock? The country is not united, this is an issue that should be addressed first if we must make the necessary progress as a country. Before then, let the tribal war continue.
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by emi14: 7:05am On Jul 12, 2016
yrret:

Call any travel agent around you and enquire. If you're living in Lagos go to airport, Abuja go to transcrop hotel or Airport. Gambia doesn't require visas. Only flight tickets and BTA. Do this findings yourselves to gain experience and avoid been duped. Good luck.
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by alt3r3g0: 7:10am On Jul 12, 2016
joeprince23:
i am a resident of bony town and believe me the standard of living in bony has deterioted since buhari became the president,even electricity in and around hospital road and the whole of finima is now epileptic,only NLNG get light. Shell(SPDC) don relocated many of our colleages... Buhari don make oil workers begin feel hardship,even me i no dey spend every weekend for PH again. SHAME ON BUHARI

Did the deterioration coincide with the attack of the avengers or before the avengers started?
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by alt3r3g0: 7:16am On Jul 12, 2016
Deen77:

Just to tell you because you mention India. Our problems is crash of crude oil prices globally, you can see Jonathan borrowing to pay salaries in 2015. If our past leader (PDP) build a refinery and stop importation of petroleum products to run our economy wasting our forex and paying subsidies for what we can refine locally. Today Nigeria will not be suffering from dollar scarcity, because we will not need dollar to finance importation of petroleum, the little dollar from crude will be okay.

https://www.nairaland.com/3016147/flash-back-okonjos-excuse-borrowing

Dont mind these people that cannot see beyond their nose. Even now the refineries that were comatose since forever have started working, the pipelines supplying crude is now their favorite target.

They applaud and encourage the people causing the hardship, then cry about the same hardship.
Re: Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light by alt3r3g0: 7:30am On Jul 12, 2016
freeze001:

Who is stopping him from working please? Who stopped him from appointing sound ministers in time? Who made him a religious n ethnic bigot? Who made hom completely dumb n ignorant as far as running a profitable economy is concerned? Who held his hand and caused him to appoint an agriculture minister who is practically tottering due to age n bereft of ideas? Who forced hin to believe that it is a crime for federating regions to have fiscal and resource autonomy so he has less concerns at d centre?

How are Easterners not allowing him to work? U as u dey, ur mama no beat u or shout for u make u hear word as u dey grow? If she keep quiet leave u make u dey do anyhow, u for get mouth to dey talk ds ur story? If criticism amounts to not allowing him to work then he might as well resign because it is only a despot and inferior person that cannot take criticism with equanimity and still stay true to his job description.

Criticism and sabotage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 13 Soldiers, Two Policemen In Yobe / Governor Dapo Abiodun Introduces 3,700 School Fee In Ogun State Schools / Cancel South-East Visit, IPOB Advises Catriona Laing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.