Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (984198 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 17, 2017
AstroSat Picture of the Month (November 2017)
NGC 1851: Two star families in one Globular Cluster​

NGC 1851 is a Globular Cluster which is almost 40000 light years away from us, in the southern constellation of Columba, near Canis Major. A Globular Cluster is a group of hundreds of thousands of stars tightly bound together by their own gravity. All the stars in these spherical clusters orbit around the centre of our galaxy together. NGC 1851, or Caldwell 73, is one such cluster, visible in a moderate telescope at a magnitude of 7.3, with a size that is a third of the full moon. It was discovered by James Dunlop from Australia in 1826.

The stars in a Globular Cluster are usually born together, and hence share similar properties. However, NGC 1851 is one of the few clusters where two distinct types of stars with different properties seem to co-exist! Many individual stars in this object have been studied before with the Hubble Space Telescope (HST), but good ultraviolet images were needed to understand this mystery better. This prompted a group of 18 astronomers, including 12 from India, to use the UVIT on board the AstroSat. They imaged this cluster in the Near and Far ultraviolet wavebands far better than earlier attempts with other telescopes.

The superior resolution of AstroSat allowed them, for the first time, to measure the ultraviolet properties of individual stars in the inner crowded region of the cluster. Using this data, they could show that NGC 1851 does indeed have two distinct families of stars within it, which still retain their separate histories. This tells us that NGC 1851 was probably formed when two smaller clusters merged together some time in the past!

pic Near-UV (left) and Far-UV (right) images of the Globular Cluster NGC 1851, taken by UVIT onboard AstroSat.
The FUV image shows only the hottest stars in the cluster. All colours are artificial.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 17, 2017
frumentius:

There's the little matter of everyone who knows me knows I've never celebrated Christmas. So I'll take my prize in bitcoin, thank you very much grin grin grin.

in that case i pass grin

but incase u want to offload some bitcoins i am game grin grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 17, 2017
nemesis4u:
AstroSat Picture of the Month (November 2017)
NGC 1851: Two star families in one Globular Cluster​

NGC 1851 is a Globular Cluster which is almost 40000 light years away from us, in the southern constellation of Columba, near Canis Major. A Globular Cluster is a group of hundreds of thousands of stars tightly bound together by their own gravity. All the stars in these spherical clusters orbit around the centre of our galaxy together. NGC 1851, or Caldwell 73, is one such cluster, visible in a moderate telescope at a magnitude of 7.3, with a size that is a third of the full moon. It was discovered by James Dunlop from Australia in 1826.

The stars in a Globular Cluster are usually born together, and hence share similar properties. However, NGC 1851 is one of the few clusters where two distinct types of stars with different properties seem to co-exist! Many individual stars in this object have been studied before with the Hubble Space Telescope (HST), but good ultraviolet images were needed to understand this mystery better. This prompted a group of 18 astronomers, including 12 from India, to use the UVIT on board the AstroSat. They imaged this cluster in the Near and Far ultraviolet wavebands far better than earlier attempts with other telescopes.

The superior resolution of AstroSat allowed them, for the first time, to measure the ultraviolet properties of individual stars in the inner crowded region of the cluster. Using this data, they could show that NGC 1851 does indeed have two distinct families of stars within it, which still retain their separate histories. This tells us that NGC 1851 was probably formed when two smaller clusters merged together some time in the past!

pic Near-UV (left) and Far-UV (right) images of the Globular Cluster NGC 1851, taken by UVIT onboard AstroSat.
The FUV image shows only the hottest stars in the cluster. All colours are artificial.

Speaking of which, I went to a CSIR end-of-year party at which 11 people there performed a Bollywood dance routine (don't ask undecided) because they've been seconded to assist on the Indian Mars Space mission.
Any info your side?

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 17, 2017
nemesis4u:

in that case i pass grin

but incase u want to offload some bitcoins i am game grin grin grin

You're worse than the Guptas!
I get the prize and have to produce the bitcoin? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 17, 2017
frumentius:

Speaking of which, I went to a CSIR end-of-year party at which 11 people there performed a Bollywood dance routine (don't ask undecided) because they've been seconded to the Ind/ian Mars Space mission.
Any info your side?

no
not really informed on IS/RO activities
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 17, 2017
frumentius:

You're worse than the Guptas!
I get the prize and have to produce the bitcoin? grin grin grin

atleast one of us should get to celebrate Christmas with a bang grin grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 17, 2017
In 1973 there was an offer from Germany to jointly develop the HF 24 into the Hindustan Supersonic Strike Aircraft labelled the HSS 73 later to be known as the HF-73. This would retain the original mainframe, with radical changes to the fuselage, air intakes and the centre wing section. The cockpit was to be modified for better visibility, fuel capacity increased, and with a completely new avionics suite and powered by the Rolls Royce RB 199-34R engine would have a radius of action double that of the HF 24. “Eventually, this project had to be abandoned because, as some said, of non clearance of the RB 199 by the UK and Germany, the two partner governments involved in the engine development for the Tornado MRCA programme. Thus all efforts in developing an Indian combat aircraft had come to naught.”

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 17, 2017
reports r work on modifying 40 SU30MKI to carry brahmos has commenced

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 17, 2017
soviet era foxtrot submarines of IN shocked

long retired

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
just some info on the rafale deal

gives a idea of the financial side of the deal negotiated for.

there is comparison between the 2012 deal proposal which was cancelled and the 2016 deal

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
cool

IFV modified from type-59 tank chassis

and type-59 tank

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
12 AAMs on su30mki

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 17, 2017
Do 228 maritime surveillance aircraft radar console

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
akash sam console

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
NAVIC - Indian GPS

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
nemesis4u:
Kamov Ka-31 Helicopter IN Airborne Surveillance Platform

also used to locate targets for brahmos
AESA??
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
towards hypersonic flight and reusable launch vehicle

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2017
lionel4power:

AESA??

no

E-801M OKO planar array radar
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
Astronomy in Ancient India

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nemesis4u does having a 6 man passenger IFV negate the doctrine of 8 man section?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 10:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
nemesis4u:

never doubt me even in ur dreams grin

there laugh again grin grin grin

https://www.dawn.com/news/1372695

https://timesofislamabad.com/cpec-china-to-get-91-of-the-gwadar-port-income-for-next-40-years/2017/11/25/

dont forget to read the comments section of dawn link, 1st link i posted

u will die laughing , as i am doing now grin grin grin

best comment "how 91% ?? Its >100%...Remember you need to pay them back a loan with 17% Interest..so your income is actually negative."

there laugh again grin grin grin

on a serious note i hope african countries take note of this , plus recently sri lanka handed over their brand new sea port to china for 99 years due to their inability to pay back loans.

very stupid comment,as they only calcalulate the cost and income of a singe port, but not calculate the impact of that port , the overall change to the local economic growth and development.
China pay most of the investment of the China-Pakistan Econo­mic Corridor (CPEC) .and this will change the geopolicial map of this region as many chinese import and export commodity will no longer through the Malacca Strait。

it's the same thing Greece sell Piraeus port and gain economic development and boosts employment.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-27960661
https://thediplomat.com/2016/04/how-a-greek-port-became-a-chinese-dragon-head/

Then why do you think
Greece and Serbia invited China to make Balkan canal

of course the old EU will not be happy ,the project is suspended

now the Hungary-Serbia railway  grin
https://euobserver.com/eu-china/140068

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
Odunayaw:
Nemesis4u does having a 6 man passenger IFV negate the doctrine of 8 man section?

to tell the truth dont have knowledge on this

just saying 6 or 8 does it matter

if its a necessity u will have to adapt

either with the increased no of IFVs or with delegation/distribution of duties to compensate for lower no of men

advantage/disadvantage is a matter of how things work out under action
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
chinese8107:

very stupid comment,as they only calcalulate the cost and income of a singe port, but not calculate the impact of that port , the overall change to the local economic growth and development.

grin

everybody is free to voice his/her opinion here

as for local economic growth and development i will let time be the judge , say 3 years grin

so.......... lets chill grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 11:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
nemesis4u:

to tell the truth dont have knowledge on this

just saying 6 or 8 does it matter

if its a necessity u will have to adapt

either with the increased no of IFVs or with delegation/distribution of duties to compensate for lower no of men

advantage/disadvantage is a matter of how things work out under action

wink
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
chinese8107:

China pay most of the investment of the China-Pakistan Econo­mic Corridor (CPEC) .and this will change the geopolicial map of this region as many chinese import and export commodity will no longer through the Malacca Strait。

did u call me stupid grin
guilty as charged grin

good luck with changing geopolitical map of the region grin

for my part i am waiting for the expected demographic change - lots of pretty Chinese ladies grin

i seriously hope u guys bring change in the region similar to what ur doing in Xinjiang grin grin grin
amen to that grin grin grin

touche grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
chinese8107:

it's the same thing Greece sell Piraeus port and gain economic development and boosts employment.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-27960661
https://thediplomat.com/2016/04/how-a-greek-port-became-a-chinese-dragon-head/

Then why do you think
Greece and Serbia invited China to make Balkan canal

same as sri lanka and Tajikistan ? grin

others will/might join soon grin grin grin

as i said time will be the judge wink

no point in bashing our heads here smiley
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
Odun, can you tag that paki**** to this thread now grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 17, 2017
tdayof:

any chance it is a lady grin grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 12:06am On Dec 18, 2017
tdayof:
you want us to start sweeping broken bottles grin grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 12:09am On Dec 18, 2017
Odunayaw:
you want us to start sweeping broken bottles grin grin

When everything is getting too bad then we will have to call in SARS. cheesy
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 12:10am On Dec 18, 2017
nemesis4u:

any chance it is a lady grin grin grin

Ladies hardly visit this kind of thread. In my class, we have just 6 girls and over 60 guys.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 18, 2017
tdayof:

Ladies hardly visit this kind of thread. In my class, we have just 6 girls and over 60 guys.

too much competition

but i have a solution

go for the female lecturers grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.