Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (984587 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
kikuyu1:

In our rush to cheer our fav FSBs,the mig 29S, Sus and a certain Swedish airframe we've overlooked our real needs.Imo,on this continent at least,what we really need is a certified mud mover,a twin turbo Pucara/OV 10 type CAS craft strictly to support the troops. You do know how critical the Pucaras were to the eventual Sri lankan victory in your parts. These are ideal platforms for the low AA/manpad environment warfare dominated by Shabaab/Boko haram/rebel type groups.
Both those turbo props are long since retired without replacement but their advantages are still very real. Cheap to acquire. Cheap to fly and maintain
http://www.janes.com/article/62537/turkey-finalising-deal-for-pakistan-s-super-mushshak

Pakistan is in the final stages of securing a deal to export its MFI-17 Super Mushshak military training aircraft to Turkey, the Pakistan Ministry of Defence Production (MoDP) has announced.

turboprops is good but won't be cheap.Turkey bought it's trainer KAI KT-1 from south Korea at least $10 m a piece but still bought Super Mushshak from pakistan.

.Pakistan’s Super Mushshak which was developed from SAAB supporter is probably the most price-reasonable(about $ 5m price ) turbo trainer and light-fighter.

Also an autogyro cost only 5-10% of a helicopters price, Vulnerable, though .usefull at lest in some situations. or drone may help a little bit

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 8:58pm On Sep 28, 2016
nemesis2u:
it looks like a JF17 crashed in the Arabian sea. no official confirmation though.

it will be the 3rd crash for JF17 in PAF service if true.

The fact that the mission was being flown out of Karachi indicates that the air-frame belonged to the no2. Squadron (Minhas), which operates the recently inducted JF17 block 2.
news blackout from PAF sources , but the news broke out because a british airlines flying overhead picked up a distress signal and reported to the authorities.
now SAR operations are on.

@henry240
came to know that Nigeria is set to sign deal in November for JF17

atleast its better dan ur 30+ years old tejas jets
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 28, 2016
giles14:

grin "ur" lolzzz

i can assure u it aint mine .

as for who is better or worse i dont know , i lack the info/qualification to make judgement. sorry cant help u in that.

+30 years old damn if if that's true , i was not even born then lol

anyways thank u i got the message grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 28, 2016
chinese8107:

You won. off-topic.
there were many "off-topic" stuff. ...even with the title "off-topic".

grin

yes i won, had a epiphany grin
thanks to u

and realized i had got too comfy here ,
u shook it big time grin
while another one strolled in and nailed it big time grin grin

i am laughing as i am typing it, the comedy, man it is sublime , almost choked on up the whiskey grin

guess it is back to old haunts grin

and seriously though i hope that someday a gyro copter rotor blade ends up in ur ass grin

see u smiley
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 3:06am On Sep 29, 2016
nemesis2u:

grin

yes i won, had a epiphany grin
thanks to u

and realized i had got too comfy here ,
u shook it big time grin
while another one strolled in and nailed it big time grin grin

i am laughing as i am typing it, the comedy, man it is sublime , almost choked on up the whiskey grin

guess it is back to old haunts grin

and seriously though i hope that someday a gyro copter rotor blade ends up in ur ass grin

see u smiley

you won stupid useless troll kid.

celebration

keep on dreaming buying almost every componets and assembly saying you make cost down like arjunk. even south korea can assmble a FA-50 or KT-1 with most parts imported from West.

Wish you could buy some F-22 and T-50 parts combined and assemble&rename a "Tejas-X" then sell at gyroplane's price or completely free.

nobody want to wake you up from some shitty"suppa powa"dream wink

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 4:56am On Sep 29, 2016
@kikuyu1

Powered hang glider

Powered paraglider

risky though

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 5:21am On Sep 29, 2016
drone

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
giles14:
I didn't see him condemn the JF17, so am curious why you had to reply this way.

4 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
tdayof:

No condemn,but he was implying JF17 crashed many times,Tejas not even 1 time.Then the concluntion...
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2016
chinese8107:

No condemn,but he was implying JF17 crashed many times,Tejas not even 1 time.Then the concluntion.......
F22 had series of crash including russian planes too. I do not consider crash as a sign of bad aircraft.

However, there is this thinking that China makes inferior products but with what I have witnessed I doubt that.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 2:43pm On Sep 29, 2016
tdayof:
F22 had series of crash including russian planes too. I do not consider crash as a sign of bad aircraft.

However, there is this thinking that China makes inferior products but with what I have witnessed I doubt that.

Yes . Even US or Russia airplanes crash sometimes .China airforce also has many crashs .and US / EU airplane seems to have lower crash rate.Off course the lower the better

Tejas may not have crashed(though rumors say shot down somewhere that I doubt about).but how many it actually produced and how many hours it flys ?

Don't do any research on crashing rate of indian airforce.
Don't compare with airplanes made by India HAL .
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 7:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
tdayof:
wot he said really pissed me off"dat dis is d third crash of d jf17 dis year"in other words the d thunder is not a reliable jet.while dere tejas in not still operational 30 years since development.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by upko1: 8:08am On Sep 30, 2016
giles14:
wot he said really pissed me off"dat dis is d third crash of d jf17 dis year"in other words the d thunder is not a reliable jet.while dere tejas in not still operational 30 years since development.
Lol!
Maybe the thunder is not a reliable jet, throwing shades at nemesis won't un-crash the jet.
Three crashes in one year speaks a lot, or would you rather have Nigeria procure a crappy airframe?
They(the Chinese and Pakistanis) need to investigate and correct any flaws found before shipping it to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 9:18am On Sep 30, 2016
upko1:

Lol!
Maybe the thunder is not a reliable jet, throwing shades at nemesis won't un-crash the jet.
Three crashes in one year speaks a lot, or would you rather have Nigeria procure a crappy airframe?
They(the Chinese and Pakistanis) need to investigate and correct any flaws found before shipping it to Nigeria.
what? who told you three crashs in one year? ,one comfimed in 2011.11.14 by PAF
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 30, 2016
upko1:

Lol!

The JF-17 has in it's 13 years of existence had only 1 crash. This supposed crash, if it actually happened would be the second crash of the jet in 13 years since introduction. If this isn't a splendid record, then i don't know what is.

As far as we are aware, there's been no official statement on any crash apart from the a random tweet online. That's not evidence, @Nemesis2u has to provide proof of a crash.

The bird which crashed last week was an F-7, not a JF-17. The JF-17 is an excellent platform with all the capabilities found in top of the line jets such as the Rafale, Eurofighter present. We would be significantly satisfied with the JF-17.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2016
upko1:

Lol!
am not throwing shades at him.wen even a single aircraft crashes it has to investigated another to prevent any other crash.

but y bring to our notice that 2 other has also crashed
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 9:40am On Sep 30, 2016
giles14:
am not throwing shades at him

PAF crashed one .
China crashed one prototype
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2016
giles14:
am not throwing shades at him.wen even a single aircraft crashes it has to investigated another to prevent any other crash.

PAF has only crashed one JF-17. There has been no word on any crash of any JF-17 up till now. A tweet isn't evidence of a crash.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Seened: 10:45am On Sep 30, 2016
nemesis2u:

you sir are starting to give me migraine ,

say what why dont u inquire about imported chinese SU30 (not the reversed engineered /copied J11) and tell me weather it has full or half or zero FBW .
also dont forget to ask weather the engines have FADEC .

u first answer it then i will answer u questions otherwise dont bother me , i am very busy intelligence agent grin
right now i am trying to infiltrate brazzers dot com grin

grin grin grin
Nemesis2u YOU CRAZYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
i just bust my spleen laughing. cheesy
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
the beautiful SU-30MKI
This is the Plane Patches claims would be shot down by a Gripen.

Welcome to the crazy South-African world of Patrick AKA Paul AKA Patches.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
nganduh:
According to SAAB's marketing people:

Not even SAAB marketers are as deluded as Patches. This infographic puts to rest the delusional claim of Patches. The Gripen C/D is only as good as an F-16 C/D, that is an F-16 Block 40 aircraft.

There is no way a Gripen C/D is anywhere as good as this F-16 Block 52, they are not even in the same class. It is impossible, infact should be jailable for anyone to mention a Gripen C/D in the same sentence as an F-16 Block 52.

Look at the glorious plane.... Beauty and class.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2016
bidexiii:

Good job(comparison) : with the JF -17 we are getting a good value for our money.

Not just good, but brilliant. We the JF-17 we are getting more than value for money, we are getting a brilliant asset that would adequately fulfill our requirements and beyond. Significantly better plane than what the SAAF paid $65 million for.

The marriage would be made in Fighter Jet heaven if the NAF combines the JF-17 with an Aselpod targeting pod.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
Henry240:

Not even SAAB marketers are as deluded as Patches. This infographic puts to rest the delusional claim of Patches. The Gripen C/D is only as good as an F-16 C/D, that is an F-16 Block 40 aircraft.

There is no way a Gripen C/D is anywhere as good as this F-16 Block 52, they are not even in the same class. It is impossible, infact should be jailable for anyone to mention a Gripen C/D in the same sentence as an F-16 Block 52.

Look at the glorious plane.... Beauty and class.
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
Henry240:

This is the Plane Patches claims would be shot down by a Gripen.

Welcome to the crazy South-African world of Patrick AKA Paul AKA Patches.
Bros, don't allow SA cyber brigade to bother you, if you've noticed whenever they start I just shift to another thread.

Remember... "everyone on the internet is an expert"

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2016
nemesis2u:
it looks like a JF17 crashed in the Arabian sea. no official confirmation though.

it will be the 3rd crash for JF17 in PAF service if true.

The fact that the mission was being flown out of Karachi indicates that the air-frame belonged to the no2. Squadron (Minhas), which operates the recently inducted JF17 block 2.
news blackout from PAF sources , but the news broke out because a british airlines flying overhead picked up a distress signal and reported to the authorities.
now SAR operations are on.

@henry240
came to know that Nigeria is set to sign deal in November for JF17

this is what i wrote

the day people start reading rather than assuming things, everything will be much better.

why did i write this

"it will be the 3rd crash for JF17 in PAF service if true"

and what does it mean in plain ordinary english

and the noteworthy responses it elicited
1.tejas is 30+ years old
2.shitty "suppa powa" dream
3.three crashes in one year
4. nemesis meant jf17 is crash prone
etc

fault is mine, i should have never posted the news and how was i to know that so called people who can speak with so much authority and conviction on fighter jets and even do comparisons are ignorant of the fact that ALL machines are prone to error, both internal and external.
1.pilot disorientation
2.engine flame out
3.bird hit
4.MRO induced crashes
etc
etc

as for 3 crashes i stand by it , believe it or leave it . i am not responsible for some peoples ignorance. and also the fact that crashes r in not in any way a reflection of an aircraft's capability if it is caused by external factors , in fact they also serve to improve the safety features if the crash is due to internal facts and r found out during subsequent court of inquiry and remedial measures r introduced.

i am in a Nigerian forum , i have met many good people here and learned and laughed a lot , met people who think based on facts etc and have an open mind , but to expect me to tow somebody's line because u bought a particular jet is being delusional. facts based on technical parameters/technology are facts, sometimes it will be favorable sometimes it will be not ,no amount of jingoism or name calling is going to change it.

so it is better i make a gracious exit. i actually did it before but forgot to log out and saw the mentions.

i wish good luck to all of u ( except for one gyrocopter warrior in diapers wink )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 5:39pm On Sep 30, 2016
nemesis2u:

only last year more the 5 J10 crashed.

your word souds rational , based on fact.

Is this what you wrote ?

source?

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
nemesis2u:

this is what i wrote

the day people start reading rather than assuming things,

grin grin grin grin grin grin

All this epistle just to say goodbye. You could have just said goodbye nairaland.com.

Although i find it ironic that the one person who always like to claim not to take internet comments seriously, is now the person who is leaving because of internet comments.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 6:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
nemesis2u:

this is what i wrote

the day people start reading rather than assuming things, everything will be much better.

why did i write this

"it will be the 3rd crash for JF17 in PAF service if true"

and what does it mean in plain ordinary english

and the noteworthy responses it elicited
1.tejas is 30+ years old
2.shitty "suppa powa" dream
3.three crashes in one year
4. nemesis meant jf17 is crash prone
etc

fault is mine, i should have never posted the news and how was i to know that so called people who can speak with so much authority and conviction on fighter jets and even do comparisons are ignorant of the fact that ALL machines are prone to error, both internal and external.
1.pilot disorientation
2.engine flame out
3.bird hit
4.MRO induced crashes
etc
etc

as for 3 crashes i stand by it , believe it or leave it . i am not responsible for some peoples ignorance. and also the fact that crashes r in not in any way a reflection of an aircraft's capability if it is caused by external factors , in fact they also serve to improve the safety features if the crash is due to internal facts and r found out during subsequent court of inquiry and remedial measures r introduced.

i am in a Nigerian forum , i have met many good people here and learned and laughed a lot , met people who think based on facts etc and have an open mind , but to expect me to tow somebody's line because u bought a particular jet is being delusional. facts based on technical parameters/technology are facts, sometimes it will be favorable sometimes it will be not ,no amount of jingoism or name calling is going to change it.

so it is better i make a gracious exit. i actually did it before but forgot to log out and saw the mentions.

i wish good luck to all of u ( except for one gyrocopter warrior in diapers wink )

You don't have to do that. We are all Netizens.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2016
drone with m203

drone with RPG-26

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by pacretus(m): 10:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

Bros, don't allow SA cyber brigade to bother you, if you've noticed whenever they start I just shift to another thread.

Remember... "everyone on the internet is an expert"
hehehehehe.cheesy
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 5:57am On Oct 01, 2016
pic:1 pic:2 OV-10

Pic 3: China's APT project

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Patchesagain: 10:05am On Oct 01, 2016
Henry240:

The JF-17 has in it's 13 years of existence had only 1 crash. This supposed crash, if it actually happened would be the second crash of the jet in 13 years since introduction. If this isn't a splendid record, then i don't know what is.

As far as we are aware, there's been no official statement on any crash apart from the a random tweet online. That's not evidence, @Nemesis2u has to provide proof of a crash.

The bird which crashed last week was an F-7, not a JF-17. The JF-17 is an excellent platform with all the capabilities found in top of the line jets such as the Rafale, Eurofighter present. We would be significantly satisfied with the JF-17.

Holy fvck can you be any more delusional?

You can't even prove its as good as a Gripen, desperately relying on posts from other forums to make your case

Now you compare it to the Rafael/Eurofighter?

Sad!

PS: Malaysia announced they would not be considering the JF17 for their new fighter, Gripen lasted longer in the trails

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.